HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs/Oilers trade proposal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2013, 09:45 PM
  #76
doubledown99
Registered User
 
doubledown99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
That would be a great statement if it had any basis in reality. Tim Connoly who is on our farm team is probably a better player. Grabovski is certainly a better player. Kadri is looking like he will be a better player. Just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Lets agree to disagree. We think he wouldn't make our team and it seems unlikely the Leafs would trade for him, so how about you all tell yourselves how great he is and we let this thread die.
What??

Gagner is worse than Connolly? Get out of here. Wow talk about homerism. Gagner has more points than any Leafs player. Yet he would not be good enough to be In your top 4. Get out of here. Wow just wow. Go watch some more hockey is my advice to anybody that thinks along these lines

doubledown99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:19 PM
  #77
broc
Registered User
 
broc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 841
vCash: 500
All the oilers fans can argue about with Gagner is he gets more points. Everything else is basically in bozaks favor.

Still reeling at the oil fan who stated he hits more... that's just lol

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:19 PM
  #78
Pulp Fiction
RIP Wade Belak
 
Pulp Fiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Grabo's Pineapple
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
So this gets started by a poster with a grand total of 3 posts to their name. Hmmmm........
That's irrelevant

Pulp Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:42 PM
  #79
doubledown99
Registered User
 
doubledown99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broc View Post
All the oilers fans can argue about with Gagner is he gets more points. Everything else is basically in bozaks favor.

Still reeling at the oil fan who stated he hits more... that's just lol
What's in Bozaks favor? Faceoffs and defensive ability? Oh wow. Bozak wished he had half of Gagners hockey sense and offensive ability. It isn't even a debate. Gags is also 23.... He still has loads of room to grow. Leafs fans should just stop. I'm embarrassed for them...

doubledown99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:57 PM
  #80
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broc View Post
All the oilers fans can argue about with Gagner is he gets more points. Everything else is basically in bozaks favor.

Still reeling at the oil fan who stated he hits more... that's just lol
No kidding its just like when I tell people Horcoff is better then Stamkos! Horcoff is a better defensive player, points doesnt matter!

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:01 PM
  #81
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law
 
Saul Goodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,559
vCash: 500
you should just stop. gagner hasn't cracked 50 points and plays a one dimensional game. i'm still waiting for someone to explain how his production is so much better than bozak's.

instead i see a bunch of childish comments like "get out of here" "wow!" "i'm embarrassed for leafs fans".

solid arguements guys.

Saul Goodman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:01 PM
  #82
alphahelix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,302
vCash: 500
Gagner has been lining up against the likes of Joe Thornton since he was a wee pup. He handles his assignments and manages to score. People cite a lack of significant statistical improvement year over year, but ever since the rookie campaign he has been improving steadily defensively, and making better choices offensively. We're starting to see this player mature. Bozak is a journeyman and good for him for making a career of it. He's not in the same league as Gagner.

alphahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:12 PM
  #83
Pekka Rinne
Registered User
 
Pekka Rinne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Red Deer
Country: Canada
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
That would be a great statement if it had any basis in reality. Tim Connoly who is on our farm team is probably a better player. Grabovski is certainly a better player. Kadri is looking like he will be a better player. Just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Lets agree to disagree. We think he wouldn't make our team and it seems unlikely the Leafs would trade for him, so how about you all tell yourselves how great he is and we let this thread die.
OH leaf fans never dissapoint.

The Leafs wouldnt do this, but Gagner is 100% a better player and has more value than Bozak, its not even close either

Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:12 PM
  #84
alphahelix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
you should just stop. gagner hasn't cracked 50 points and plays a one dimensional game. i'm still waiting for someone to explain how his production is so much better than bozak's.

instead i see a bunch of childish comments like "get out of here" "wow!" "i'm embarrassed for leafs fans".

solid arguements guys.
Really? Because I've posted 3 quality arguments in favor of Gagner. I'd like to see you or any Leafs fan rebut them. There isn't really anything to recommend Bozak over Gagner unless you count the score of NHL games by faceoff %. Even if you do, I would argue Gagner has faced a higher average quality of competition in the dot. A few percentage points in the FO column will change nothing at the end of the day - this should be evidenced by the lack of translation to quality scoring or +/- numbers for Bozak. If you look at more advanced statistics like CORSI and CORSIREL, you'll also see that Sam Gagner, as a complete 5 on 5 player, is much more likely to push the river in the right direction than Bozak.

alphahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:56 PM
  #85
oilergc16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
ok ok instead of gagner you can have belanger. who is better defensively and at faceoffs than bozak plus he had 62 points one year!!!!

oilergc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:22 AM
  #86
Remember2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
Couldn't be said any better.
Oilers say **** yes!

Leafs say **** no?

Please ****ing stop with the Leafs/Oilers proposals? Thats better I think

Any trade involving Gardiner the Leafs ask the world for... Maybe in 2-3 seasons but not now.

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:10 AM
  #87
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,619
vCash: 1026
These comments are ridiculous. Try watching Gagner before saying Bozak is even close to the player he is

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:55 AM
  #88
officeglen
Registered User
 
officeglen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,243
vCash: 500
Since Gagner is now over a PPG this season, and Nugent-Hopkins was -3 last night, wouldn't it be better for the Oil to move the player with more trade value?

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:18 AM
  #89
Whydidijoin*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
NHL.com > stats > individuals > # 22
NHL.com > stats > individuals > #22 > 15 GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
Posts like these are just trying to start a fight. What an ignorant post.
No, it's reality. I would not trade any of the 4 Leaf centers right now for Gagner.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:43 AM
  #90
sansabri
aka 'full sansabri'
 
sansabri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal, QC
Posts: 6,829
vCash: 500
while i'm not a big fan of Bozak - all this talk of Gagner being much better is a bit bogus.

does Gagner have more points? why yes, he does. but more than half those points come off the power play.

has he improved his defensive play? hard to say considering he matches up against weaker opponents ( since teams match up their best components against Nugent's line ) and he's a -3.

bottom line is: Oil and Leafs fans like to think their player is better.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:44 AM
  #91
Lessy
Registered User
 
Lessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
while i'm not a big fan of Bozak - all this talk of Gagner being much better is a bit bogus.

does Gagner have more points? why yes, he does. but more than half those points come off the power play.

has he improved his defensive play? hard to say considering he matches up against weaker opponents ( since teams match up their best components against Nugent's line ) and he's a -3.

bottom line is: Oil and Leafs fans like to think their player is better.
Can't stand this argument. Let me try and reverse it...

Is Bozak a better defensive player? Why yes, he is. But he also plays more on the penalty kill.

Apparently powerplay points are a bad thing on HF. Any way to negatively spin Gagner's numbers though - whether it be an 8 point game or too many power play points.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:57 AM
  #92
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,930
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
Can't stand this argument. Let me try and reverse it...

Is Bozak a better defensive player? Why yes, he is. But he also plays more on the penalty kill.

Apparently powerplay points are a bad thing on HF. Any way to negatively spin Gagner's numbers though - whether it be an 8 point game or too many power play points.
I think the Leafs don't really need Gagner. He's a great player but he doesn't fit the Leafs at all.

We would love to upgrade the #1C but the way this team is built, we score enough goals, Bozak does a lot more than just points...

He's a monster on faceoffs, great on the PK, and puts up points.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:17 AM
  #93
sansabri
aka 'full sansabri'
 
sansabri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal, QC
Posts: 6,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
Can't stand this argument. Let me try and reverse it...

Is Bozak a better defensive player? Why yes, he is. But he also plays more on the penalty kill.

Apparently powerplay points are a bad thing on HF. Any way to negatively spin Gagner's numbers though - whether it be an 8 point game or too many power play points.
oh, grow up. even-strength play > power play. you have to accept that. i can think up plenty of PP specialists who can barely get an NHL job because they're horrible when it comes to 5 on 5.

now, that doesn't apply to Gagner because he is a good player - but to say he's well above Bozak's skill is just plain silly. Oil fans want to point out that Gagner has all these points? it's only fair to point out that Bozak is better 5 on 5.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:25 AM
  #94
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
you should just stop. gagner hasn't cracked 50 points and plays a one dimensional game. i'm still waiting for someone to explain how his production is so much better than bozak's.

instead i see a bunch of childish comments like "get out of here" "wow!" "i'm embarrassed for leafs fans".

solid arguements guys.
They could have at least said "Gagner was drafted 3rd overall for a reason"

Oilers want to get bigger. Bozak is 6'1 and somewhat physical.

Deal should just be Bozak (+) for Gagner (+) depending how everyone sees it. Leafs would have to add imo since Gagner is pretty consistent at reaching the 40+ point plateau. Wouldn't be Gardiner, though.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:34 AM
  #95
TheSilencer
Registered User
 
TheSilencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,814
vCash: 500
The gap between Bozak and Gagner isn't worth losing Gardiner for a 2nd. No from the leafs.

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:34 AM
  #96
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post
Gagner 199 or 200 lbs depending on where you look.

Bozak 195 lbs.

I think that it's safe to say Gagner is bigger. He is built solid.

Frankly, Gagner is underrated and Bozak is overrated. Bozak comes from a proud tradition of overrated Leafs centers, belonging to the Alex Steen, Matt Stajan variety of bubble players. Burke could have traded him in a package for a quality player like Gagner but I don't think Nonis has the chops to pull it off. At the end of the day, Gagner may wind up belonging to the proud Oilers tradition of quality centers run out of town by overzealous and impatient fans. If we move him, we will be justly punished by the hockey Gods.
Every source I see for Bozak says 195lbs.

Of the first 6 things I looked at on google, Ganger is listed as 199 (twice), 195 (once) and 191 (thrice).

I don't think its "safe to say ganger is bigger"

jmart21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:17 PM
  #97
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,619
vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Every source I see for Bozak says 195lbs.

Of the first 6 things I looked at on google, Ganger is listed as 199 (twice), 195 (once) and 191 (thrice).

I don't think its "safe to say ganger is bigger"
Yes it is. His official weight is 199. If you see something else, it's only because it hasn't been updated.

I don't get how Leafs fans are arguing this still. Bozak is 3 years older, has half the career points, and is an upcoming UFA. It's ridiculous to suggest that they're of equal value

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:42 PM
  #98
Lessy
Registered User
 
Lessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
oh, grow up. even-strength play > power play. you have to accept that. i can think up plenty of PP specialists who can barely get an NHL job because they're horrible when it comes to 5 on 5.

now, that doesn't apply to Gagner because he is a good player - but to say he's well above Bozak's skill is just plain silly. Oil fans want to point out that Gagner has all these points? it's only fair to point out that Bozak is better 5 on 5.
5on5 scoring this year:

Gagner 7
Bozak 6

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:47 PM
  #99
Yosho
Logic
 
Yosho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
Sam "Samwise" Gagner.
Jake Gardiner

Sam Gamgee was a gardener for Frodo baggins..
Coincidence ?? I think not. Eklund E5
Perfection.

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:56 PM
  #100
oilinblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
Why do the oilers need Gardiner exactly? Askin for him is just going to piss off leaf fans.
he is the only leaf of any interest or value ? because he played with Schultz?

thus ... people should refrain from posting leaf/oilers proposals .

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.