HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

habs press confrence

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-12-2006, 08:49 PM
  #26
Le Maroons
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
ready to start now on team 990


first question


is he a center or winger


gainey-we see him as a rw'er
Wouldn't he be talking about Johnson here. Since Johnson played center last year but is a right winger. I don't think anyone thinks we got Samsonov to play center. Samsonov is a left winger. Johnson is a right winger.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 08:49 PM
  #27
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
1 postion left on the team

going to be left open and will allowed a young player to compete for it

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 08:51 PM
  #28
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,130
vCash: 500
Gainey "we have one spot open and we will leave it open for players in the organization. The young guys need to know that there is hope they can make the team."

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 08:51 PM
  #29
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,130
vCash: 500
ok...Picard was anoying me....so I turned off the station.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 08:55 PM
  #30
Le Maroons
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
1 postion left on the team

going to be left open and will allowed a young player to compete for it
what position might that be?

Higgins Koivu Ryder
Samsonov Ribeiro Kovalev
Perezhogin Plekanec Johnson
Begin Bonk Murray

Markov Komi
Souray Rivet
Dandenault Bouillon

Huet
Aebischer

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 08:56 PM
  #31
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirktondan View Post
what position might that be?

Higgins Koivu Ryder
Samsonov Ribeiro Kovalev
Perezhogin Plekanec Johnson
Begin Bonk Murray

Markov Komi
Souray Rivet
Dandenault Bouillon

Huet
Aebischer
I guess its "injury 1"

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 08:56 PM
  #32
DicAnns
Registered User
 
DicAnns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
As a RH shot myself, I can tell you that it doesn't work out playing LW. You need to be a really great skater to do that and Ryder is not.

Works great on the PP but not 5 on 5.
Didn't we have Ryder - Koivu - Zednik a while back (with Ryder LW and Zed RW)?

I thought I remembered seing Ryder play LW 5 on 5...

DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 08:57 PM
  #33
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 13,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirktondan View Post
what position might that be?

Higgins Koivu Ryder
Samsonov Ribeiro Kovalev
Perezhogin Plekanec Johnson
Begin Bonk Murray

Markov Komi
Souray Rivet
Dandenault Bouillon

Huet
Aebischer
Don't they usually carry 22-23 players...you have 20...Streit,Kostitsyn,Ferland...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:00 PM
  #34
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
As a RH shot myself, I can tell you that it doesn't work out playing LW. You need to be a really great skater to do that and Ryder is not.

Works great on the PP but not 5 on 5.
Im a right hand shot myself and I like it much better on the left side, you dont need to be that good of a skater either and Ryder is better then anyone on this board. I thought his best games where when he was put on the LW of Koivu, he was crashing the net with a lot more ease(2003-2004).

Anyways, this is moot point since the talk was about Johnson. And I also dont see why Gainey would trade either Ryder or Kovalev, it makes no sense with the recent moves. Aebischer, Bonk I could see though.

Habsaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:01 PM
  #35
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabs73 View Post
Didn't we have Ryder - Koivu - Zednik a while back (with Ryder LW and Zed RW)?

I thought I remembered seing Ryder play LW 5 on 5...
I doubt it...Probably Zednik at LW because if I'm not mistaken he plays LW on the Slovak national team.

It's possible that Ryder did play LW at one point but I don't think it worked out. For a RH shot to play LW he has to be a good skater and a good puckhandler. Personally I find it hard to shoot from the LW unless I'm the one bringing the puck in, although I do feel more comfortable there versus the RW (I'm more of a playmaker though).

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:04 PM
  #36
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku View Post
Im a right hand shot myself and I like it much better on the left side, you dont need to be that good of a skater either and Ryder is better then anyone on this board. I thought his best games where when he was put on the LW of Koivu, he was crashing the net with a lot more ease(2003-2004).

Anyways, this is moot point since the talk was about Johnson. And I also dont see why Gainey would trade either Ryder or Kovalev, it makes no sense with the recent moves. Aebischer, Bonk I could see though.
I can't get my shot off fast enough on the left side unless I'm the one who brought the puck in. But I'm like you, I feel a bit more comfortable on the LW. I play mostly centre though so I'm a bit everywhere. If I have the puck going into the offensive zone I'll go more to the left, whereas I'll stick to the right if I don't have the puck (I can roof it top shelf 99% of the time from the RW).

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:04 PM
  #37
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirktondan View Post
what position might that be?

Higgins Koivu Ryder
Samsonov Ribeiro Kovalev
Perezhogin Plekanec Johnson
Begin Bonk Murray

Markov Komi
Souray Rivet
Dandenault Bouillon

Huet
Aebischer
Perezhogin's.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:05 PM
  #38
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I doubt it...Probably Zednik at LW because if I'm not mistaken he plays LW on the Slovak national team.

It's possible that Ryder did play LW at one point but I don't think it worked out. For a RH shot to play LW he has to be a good skater and a good puckhandler. Personally I find it hard to shoot from the LW unless I'm the one bringing the puck in, although I do feel more comfortable there versus the RW (I'm more of a playmaker though).
Ryders a shooter though and cutting from the inside and getting a shot off is easier from the off side, think Jagr, Kovalev, Bure, Samsonov, etc. Check out Kovalevs hightlights if you want, his wrister is even more precise by the fact he plays on the right despite being left handed. Its common practice for guys with great shots.

Habsaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:08 PM
  #39
DamianHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan15 View Post
I don't like this at all. Sammy or Ryder are not 3rd liners.

He also stated Johnson is the 3rd line rw'er.

Can Ryder play left wing?

Let me get this straight: we make two excellent acquisitions and you don't like this at all?


It's JULY. Lines and positions will sort themselves out. BG is likely not done yet. Maybe THEN you'll like it. I certainly hope so.

DamianHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:09 PM
  #40
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku View Post
Ryders a shooter though and cutting from the inside and getting a shot off is easier from the off side, think Jagr, Kovalev, Bure, Samsonov, etc. Check out Kovalevs hightlights if you want, his wrister is even more precise by the fact he plays on the right despite being left handed. Its common practice for guys with great shots.
Yeah but he has to be controlling the puck to do that.

Bah maybe I'm just not as good of a hockey player as I thought

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:22 PM
  #41
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,788
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
ok...Picard was anoying me....so I turned off the station.
yep, me too.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:23 PM
  #42
wholeshow*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,767
vCash: 500
whose the guy on team 990? he talks like the habs are still a marginal team, and gainey hasn't done anything big. he was crying and moaning all last week because the habs didn't do anything, but now he's talking to some synchronize swimmer...good to see that he has his priorities straight.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:26 PM
  #43
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
whose the guy on team 990? he talks like the habs are still a marginal team, and gainey hasn't done anything big. he was crying and moaning all last week because the habs didn't do anything, but now he's talking to some synchronize swimmer...good to see that he has his priorities straight.
It's either Picard or Morency...They are entertaining but the whole point is that they are extreme pessimists and they rile up the audience and get the callers angry. It's all about the entertainment factor.

It would be boring to hear "Yeah! You're so right!" over and over again.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:28 PM
  #44
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Yeah but he has to be controlling the puck to do that.

Bah maybe I'm just not as good of a hockey player as I thought
, no one suggested that . But these guys(unless theyre called Dagenais) have some real elite talent, a guy like Ryder would look like a hall of fame talent next to a random amateur. Besides, Im one of those who believes last year was an anomaly for him, not the norm, people loved the guy for his rookie season and it wasnt because he was a puckhog who couldnt skate.

Habsaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:29 PM
  #45
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,424
vCash: 500
I really hope Koivu is ok...other than that we now have offencive depth. We won't be in as much trouble if say Kovy and Saku go down again. (and this is no gynx)

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:30 PM
  #46
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku View Post
, no one suggested that . But these guys(unless theyre called Dagenais) have some real elite talent, a guy like Ryder would look like a hall of fame talent next to a random amateur. Besides, Im one of those who believes last year was an anomaly for him, not the norm, people loved the guy for his rookie season and it wasnt because he was a puckhog who couldnt skate.
I love the guy too, trust me. I'm just not sold on his skating. He's not terrible but he's not the best. Hope he can light it up this year!

And I ain't no random amateur! I'm waffledave, the next great late bloomer.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:30 PM
  #47
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirktondan View Post
what position might that be?

Higgins Koivu Ryder
Samsonov Ribeiro Kovalev
Perezhogin Plekanec Johnson
Begin Bonk Murray

Markov Komi
Souray Rivet
Dandenault Bouillon

Huet
Aebischer
23 man roster Extras are Downey, Streit and Open position

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:30 PM
  #48
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
It's either Picard or Morency...They are entertaining but the whole point is that they are extreme pessimists and they rile up the audience and get the callers angry. It's all about the entertainment factor.

It would be boring to hear "Yeah! You're so right!" over and over again.
Those people piss me off. It's like RDS Talkbacks all over again.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:32 PM
  #49
Squeaky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,195
vCash: 500
Samsonov is a LW. I don't know what some of you people thought you heard, but Samsonov plays LW, and Johnson plays RW.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:34 PM
  #50
GoHabsGO252006
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 953
vCash: 500
Absolutely Samsonov is a LW has been his whole career especially playing with Jumbo JOe and Glenn Murray who is a RW.

Higgins Koivu Ryder
Samsonov Ribeiro / newly acquired Center Kovalev
Perezhogin Plex Johnson
Begin Bonk Murray

Check it out everyone a Right handed shot on each line but the fourth that is awesome stuff. BG is on the ball. I'm waiting for his next manoevre though I see I more trade, I also wonder now where the spot of Kostytsin will be.

1 more deal coming up, I believe it to include Aebischer and Ribeiro and possibly even Ryder. we shall see

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.