HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

BG make one more important

Old
07-12-2006, 09:49 PM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
BG make one more important

decision, decide where Perez and Kosty fit into your teams plans and move on. Please don`t treat this as a bash the kids thread, its not. Simply put if you have no intention of keeping them on your roster this year , find a taker and make the best move you can, WHILE THEY STILL HAVE SOME VALUE. From Hainsey, Hossa, etc, even though they haven`t panned out , the bottom line is we could of received much more if we didn`t wait til they were nearly at the end with us in terms of playing time, and value. If you send them to Hamilton for another year , they lose value. Its like the leafs with ANTRIPOV, years ago there was a strong market for him based on his upside , now after many futile years , he isn`t worth a bag of pucks.
We need help on defence , if you don`t project Kosty to be a regular this year , we should be able to get a decent young prospect on defence. It`s all about utilizing your assets properly.
I think Ryder is gone with maybe a Rivet in sort of package for an impact player, Gianey isn`t done in my opinion.

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:54 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
decision, decide where Perez and Kosty fit into your teams plans and move on. Please don`t treat this as a bash the kids thread, its not. Simply put if you have no intention of keeping them on your roster this year , find a taker and make the best move you can, WHILE THEY STILL HAVE SOME VALUE. From Hainsey, Hossa, etc, even though they haven`t panned out , the bottom line is we could of received much more if we didn`t wait til they were nearly at the end with us in terms of playing time, and value. If you send them to Hamilton for another year , they lose value. Its like the leafs with ANTRIPOV, years ago there was a strong market for him based on his upside , now after many futile years , he isn`t worth a bag of pucks.
We need help on defence , if you don`t project Kosty to be a regular this year , we should be able to get a decent young prospect on defence. It`s all about utilizing your assets properly.
I think Ryder is gone with maybe a Rivet in sort of package for an impact player, Gianey isn`t done in my opinion.
Were not loosing Kost if we are not using him this year. He got a 2 way contract. I think hell play all season because of injuries.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:54 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Were not loosing Kost if we are not using him this year. He got a 2 way contract. I think hell play all season because of injuries.
End of thread.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:58 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Let the coaching staff evalutate lines, chemistry and rookies. We have plenty of time and you never know if another team will be willing to pay more later because of injuries.

We have DEPTH in our forward positions... let's not be too anxious to deal it.

My only hope is they send Ribero away for a 2nd or 3rd pick.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Adam91

Weren't the Hawks really high on Riberio at one point? Send him over there to play with Havlat and give us Calder the Habs can chip in a 2nd or 3rd rounder aswell

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
Weren't the Hawks really high on Riberio at one point? Send him over there to play with Havlat and give us Calder the Habs can chip in a 2nd or 3rd rounder aswell
Why would Chicago accept that?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 01:20 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan15 View Post
ya i know, let's just get that 2nd rounder and move on... we have Johnson now, you can add Grabovsky and even Kovy if needed

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 01:30 AM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan15 View Post
Hmm, because that's Chicago, you know... Do I have to draw you the picture ?

Biggest Cup drought of the League (45 years, yeah, even more than the Leafs !)

Missed the playoffs 7 of the 8 last years, only to be kicked in the 1st round when they made it in 2002.

Well, just the Hawks...

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote