HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

BG make one more important

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-12-2006, 09:49 PM
  #1
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
BG make one more important

decision, decide where Perez and Kosty fit into your teams plans and move on. Please don`t treat this as a bash the kids thread, its not. Simply put if you have no intention of keeping them on your roster this year , find a taker and make the best move you can, WHILE THEY STILL HAVE SOME VALUE. From Hainsey, Hossa, etc, even though they haven`t panned out , the bottom line is we could of received much more if we didn`t wait til they were nearly at the end with us in terms of playing time, and value. If you send them to Hamilton for another year , they lose value. Its like the leafs with ANTRIPOV, years ago there was a strong market for him based on his upside , now after many futile years , he isn`t worth a bag of pucks.
We need help on defence , if you don`t project Kosty to be a regular this year , we should be able to get a decent young prospect on defence. It`s all about utilizing your assets properly.
I think Ryder is gone with maybe a Rivet in sort of package for an impact player, Gianey isn`t done in my opinion.

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:54 PM
  #2
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
decision, decide where Perez and Kosty fit into your teams plans and move on. Please don`t treat this as a bash the kids thread, its not. Simply put if you have no intention of keeping them on your roster this year , find a taker and make the best move you can, WHILE THEY STILL HAVE SOME VALUE. From Hainsey, Hossa, etc, even though they haven`t panned out , the bottom line is we could of received much more if we didn`t wait til they were nearly at the end with us in terms of playing time, and value. If you send them to Hamilton for another year , they lose value. Its like the leafs with ANTRIPOV, years ago there was a strong market for him based on his upside , now after many futile years , he isn`t worth a bag of pucks.
We need help on defence , if you don`t project Kosty to be a regular this year , we should be able to get a decent young prospect on defence. It`s all about utilizing your assets properly.
I think Ryder is gone with maybe a Rivet in sort of package for an impact player, Gianey isn`t done in my opinion.
Were not loosing Kost if we are not using him this year. He got a 2 way contract. I think hell play all season because of injuries.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:54 PM
  #3
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Were not loosing Kost if we are not using him this year. He got a 2 way contract. I think hell play all season because of injuries.
End of thread.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 09:58 PM
  #4
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Were not loosing Kost if we are not using him this year. He got a 2 way contract. I think hell play all season because of injuries.
Let the coaching staff evalutate lines, chemistry and rookies. We have plenty of time and you never know if another team will be willing to pay more later because of injuries.

We have DEPTH in our forward positions... let's not be too anxious to deal it.

My only hope is they send Ribero away for a 2nd or 3rd pick.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 10:07 PM
  #5
Adam91
Registered User
 
Adam91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,741
vCash: 500
Weren't the Hawks really high on Riberio at one point? Send him over there to play with Havlat and give us Calder the Habs can chip in a 2nd or 3rd rounder aswell

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 10:08 PM
  #6
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
Weren't the Hawks really high on Riberio at one point? Send him over there to play with Havlat and give us Calder the Habs can chip in a 2nd or 3rd rounder aswell
Why would Chicago accept that?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 01:20 AM
  #7
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan15 View Post
Why would Chicago accept that?
ya i know, let's just get that 2nd rounder and move on... we have Johnson now, you can add Grabovsky and even Kovy if needed

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 01:30 AM
  #8
StanAjax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Nantes
Country: France
Posts: 1,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan15 View Post
Why would Chicago accept that?
Hmm, because that's Chicago, you know... Do I have to draw you the picture ?

Biggest Cup drought of the League (45 years, yeah, even more than the Leafs !)

Missed the playoffs 7 of the 8 last years, only to be kicked in the 1st round when they made it in 2002.

Well, just the Hawks...

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.