HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan O'Reilly : Money-Money-Money-Money...Mo-ney!! Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 10:47 PM
avsfan09

vCash: 500
I really think a trade with Winnipeg would work well. Little/Burmi and Trouba for ROR + or something like Bogosian for ROR. They have alot of pieces and some good looking d-men.

Could also see the Islanders and Ottawa. From the Islanders something like Okposo+Niedereiter/Reinheart would be great. I don't mind Wiercoch and Zibanejad, although I'm far from sold on Zibanejad. Wiercoch could be good for us.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:49 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I disagree. I hate the idea of getting a redundant player like Little, and a totally unproven prospect in return for O'Reilly. Talk about an easy way to get burned. Isn't Trouba viewed as more of a shutdown guy with some offensive upside anyway? I think that kind of player is fairly easy to find, unless he breaks out big time offensively in the NHL.
Trouba isn't just a shutdown guy. He's a 2way defender with a lethal shot. I think he becomes better than Jones. If it's between MDZ or Trouba I hope to God Shermy goes after Trouba.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs21 View Post
Um. No.

You had best go and check who we got as a result from that trade.
I could swear we got Foppa in that trade...

Aside from Sakic and Roy, name a more iconic or better Av....

Old
02-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
I could swear we got Foppa in that trade...

Aside from Sakic and Roy, name a more iconic or better Av....
They're maybe more iconic but Foppa was better than both.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:54 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Um. No.

I think he's referring to the fact that the Lindros/Forsberg trade has an extended life-lines if you will.

That trade has been traced and has helped us even get some current Avs players.

And I agree with you Heebs, I don't think ROR is going to get that (though I guess it doesn't hurt to dream)

Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
Old
02-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
They're maybe iconic but Foppa was better than both.
I personally agree with you. Foppa was something else.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:57 PM
Rhaego

vCash: 50
Quote:
Trouba isn't just a shutdown guy. He's a 2way defender with a lethal shot. I think he becomes better than Jones. If it's between MDZ or Trouba I hope to God Shermy goes after Trouba.
Stick to soccer

Old
02-19-2013, 10:58 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Interesting, though I didn't just say a pure shutdown guy. I'm not too familiar with him. Although "two way defender" is thrown around a hell of a lot, and doesn't necessarily translate to their actual NHL role.

Still, I think an offensive defenseman that is average defensively, is a better option for this team than a two way guy that may not get higher than 20-30 points. Especially an 18 year old.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:58 PM
Over the Pants Landy

We should just give ROR to whomever wants him. The catch is they need to take Matt Hunwick with them. This will go on forever.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Pants Landy View Post
We should just give ROR to whomever wants him. The catch is they need to take Matt Hunwick with them. This will go on forever.

Someone please make him go away...

Old
02-19-2013, 11:08 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Pants Landy View Post
I don't know where the Hunwick hates come from, but he's actually playing pretty decent. He's playing like Bobby Orr compared to O'Byrn.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:10 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Stick to soccer
It's fine if you disagree with me but there are better defenders in the world than Jones. Don't let the hype fool you, it happens every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Interesting, though I didn't just say a pure shutdown guy. I'm not too familiar with him. Although "two way defender" is thrown around a hell of a lot, and doesn't necessarily translate to their actual NHL role.

Still, I think an offensive defenseman that is average defensively, is a better option for this team than a two way guy that may not get higher than 20-30 points. Especially an 18 year old.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jacob_trouba/

Yeah, I know it's hockey future but it's better than nothing. I don't agree with the hockey sense, although I've only watched about 10 games but he has impressed me much more than Jones and I was willing to trade for a high pick to get this guy(at the last draft). I just think he's going to be that good.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:18 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Many scouts point to Trouba’s decision-making as one of his greatest weaknesses. His decisions at times are erratic and he is sometimes slow to reacting to developing plays. Some scouts also have questions about Trouba’ hockey sense as well. But with maturity and development, Trouba should be able to improve in those areas.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:22 PM
Over the Pants Landy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
I don't know where the Hunwick hates come from, but he's actually playing pretty decent. He's playing like Bobby Orr compared to O'Byrn.
He played well 1 out of the last 4 games IMO. He takes bad penalties, gets beat on the boards, and his passing is nothing to write home about. I just don't think he should be getting the ice time that he has been getting.

I was going through this thread and think that any deal that involves us dealing Barrie is a loss. We obv need that solid dman to come in from a ROR trade, but I think Barrie is coming into his own now and will be a key piece to have down the line. Trading him would be a mistake. Which I don't think they will do anyway, but just saying.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:23 PM
avsfan09

Quote:
It's fine if you disagree with me but there are better defenders in the world than Jones. Don't let the hype fool you, it happens every year.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jacob_trouba/

Yeah, I know it's hockey future but it's better than nothing. I don't agree with the hockey sense, although I've only watched about 10 games but he has impressed me much more than Jones and I was willing to trade for a high pick to get this guy(at the last draft). I just think he's going to be that good.
He might be good, but he's not even close to being as good as Jones. He may have looked better at the World Juniors, but he is older and more polished. Jones at the very least becomes a more offensive EJ(smooth skating big man who shows flashes). Trouba is a wildcard. I do really like him though.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:28 PM
AvsFanRCN

vCash: 140
Quote:
Um. No.

http://www.avalanchedb.com/archives/lindrostree.php

Old
02-19-2013, 11:29 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Was reading back through some other team boards discussions about O'Reilly and what their fans would part with (avoiding the Leafs board of course). It really made this much more difficult hearing other fans calling him a "cornerstone piece" or a "franchise type" player. There are quite a few fan bases that were reasonably willing to give up some quality packages for him. Many of which would benefit the Avs sooner rather than later. Gives me hope we'll get a solid return for him.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:31 PM
cyberfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
I really think a trade with Winnipeg would work well. Little/Burmi and Trouba for ROR + or something like Bogosian for ROR. They have alot of pieces and some good looking d-men.

Could also see the Islanders and Ottawa. From the Islanders something like Okposo+Niedereiter/Reinheart would be great. I don't mind Wiercoch and Zibanejad, although I'm far from sold on Zibanejad. Wiercoch could be good for us.
Ceci instead of Wiercoch but no way OTT does that.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:32 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
No. He's not.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:38 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

O'Byrne needs to be the first to go. I liked him last year w/ Hejda, but nothing seems to work this year. Think this is a must at the deadline, and no, I don't expect a large return.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
No offense but are you watching the games I am?

Hunwick is horrid. ROB is right there with him and guess what...they are a pairing...WORST IN THE LEAGUE

Old
02-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
He might be good, but he's not even close to being as good as Jones. He may have looked better at the World Juniors, but he is older and more polished. Jones at the very least becomes a more offensive EJ(smooth skating big man who shows flashes). Trouba is a wildcard. I do really like him though.
I know Trouba is a hockey year older( 8 months) but I was comparing the WJC as underagers in which Trouba impressed me helluva lot more than Jones, on a train wreck tteam. Hard to be the lone bright spot for a 17 year old "defensive defenseman".

The legend continues. No his floor is no where near a more offensive EJ, his floor is a 6'4 MAB. Please, don't think of me saying he'll bust, I'm no scout nor I'm a fortune teller. I just would like to know what's the difference between Jones now and EJ in 06? Philips, Jovo and Berard in their draft years? Jones is as bigger wild card than Trouba. In a year from now everyone will be jumping on Ekbald's bandwagon claiming he's the next big thing and so on and so fourth.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:44 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Devils fan coming in peace.

I know this is a ROR thread but what would you be looking for (if anything) for Stastny? Anyone realistically on the Devils roster in which a deal could be had?

Old
02-19-2013, 11:45 PM
Over the Pants Landy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Was reading back through some other team boards discussions about O'Reilly and what their fans would part with (avoiding the Leafs board of course). It really made this much more difficult hearing other fans calling him a "cornerstone piece" or a "franchise type" player. There are quite a few fan bases that were reasonably willing to give up some quality packages for him. Many of which would benefit the Avs sooner rather than later. Gives me hope we'll get a solid return for him.
A cousin of mine texted me today, who is a Rangers fan, asking about ROR because he read an article about the MDZ rumors. I basically said you want him on your team, he went and looked at stats, watched vids, etc. Immediately he was open to the idea of getting him the team for a packaged MDZ deal. Teams are going to be willing to give something up, but I'm perfectly fine with the Avs holding out for the best possible deal. Even though I do want to see what is going to happen ASAP.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:48 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 531
Quote:
Um. No.

that's the idea, turn a holdout into multiple franchise cornerstones

Closed Thread