HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ottawa Interested in Marc-Andre Bergeron

Old
02-19-2013, 11:00 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
If the Sens get O'Reilly, they'd have to be cool with O'Reilly and Turris as their top 2 centres. I don't see them paying O'Reilly to centre the 3rd line.

That means Spezza is gone, which isn't likely.
Having a Spezza-Turris-O'Reilly trio down the middle means this team is a threat to score every time one of the top three lines hits the ice. Turns us into a three line team, much more dangerous and harder to defend against.

Having such amazing center depth is a problem I would kill to have, it's a problem that effects Stanley Cup winners and regular playoff contenders.

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:04 PM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
A little bit of rumour, a lot of speculation.

Sens appear to be in on O'Reilly, and apparently the Avs want an offensive defenseman coming back. Given that Wiercioch played for Denver in college, and is a talented young offensive defenseman that has a future in the league, it's not hard to imagine they want him included.

I'm not saying Wiercioch has been traded, but if Murray is exploring the option of trading him, he may also be exploring the option of replacing him from outside the organization, hence the inquiry about Bergeron.
I think they would want an established offensive defenseman. They have Barrie and Elliot, Wiercioch seems uneccessary. And their D core is terrible so they most likely want to improve that.

MrCraigAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:05 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Poor man Karlsson? Smaller than EK, slower than EK, but a shot like EK. That's not so bad.
Ordinarily I would compare that to putting a band-aid on a shotgun wound, but since it's Bergeron, I'd say it's more like pouring vinegar on said wound.

Quote:
Having a Spezza-Turris-O'Reilly trio down the middle means this team is a threat to score every time one of the top three lines hits the ice. Turns us into a three line team, much more dangerous and harder to defend against.

Having such amazing center depth is a problem I would kill to have, it's a problem that effects Stanley Cup winners and regular playoff contenders.
If you're okay with spending $5m on your third line centre it's a fine idea. The Penguins won a Cup that way - granted two of their centres were the best in the world. Not sure you can say the same for Spezza-Turris combo.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:05 PM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Mandatory for every MAB thread...

How often does his shots get blocked?

MrCraigAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:07 PM
WhiteLight*

Quote:

Is there enough wingers to go around? ROR with 2 grinders on the 3rd line doesn't seem like it would be a huge threat.

It would for sure be nice to have that depth down the middle, but is it worth depleting the depth everywhere else?

Assuming it would take Wier + Zibanejad +

WhiteLight* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:10 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Ottawa could do than berg.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:13 PM
gramkind

Wow I can't remember a team so badly not liking one of their own so much. All in all Ottawa should be playing youngsters and hoping for lightning in a bottle next year.

gramkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:16 PM
CaptBrannigan

Any way the Sens would trade Lundin for him? I know they're short on D but just checking. I liked Lundin when he was here, could add some physicality to his game though.

CaptBrannigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:19 PM
WhiteLight*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBrannigan View Post
Any way the Sens would trade Lundin for him? I know they're short on D but just checking. I liked Lundin when he was here, could add some physicality to his game though.
I'd do it. Lundin is awful offensively, and when the Sens don't dress Wiercioch (which is way too often, the guy should be in every game), they lack any kind of offense back there.

WhiteLight* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:38 PM
BonkTastic
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBrannigan View Post
I'd move Lundin if we weren't already so ridiculously thin on our blueline.

Though, in all honesty, the only reason we're even interested in Bergeron in the first place is due to our lack of bluelie depth in the first place.

It's a catch-22: with so many injuries on defence, we can't really afford to move a blueliner for Bergeron. If we weren't as banged up, we'd probably be more willing to move Lundin, but if that were the case we'd have no interest in Bergeron in the first place.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:58 PM
Turris the Turret
Do it for Rundblad

Poor Mans Karlsson

Turris the Turret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:55 AM
burgess1978

Sens need a right-handed shot. PW, Benoit and Gonchar are all decent LH shots on the PP.

I'd go for Babchuk.

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:53 AM
CC321

Bergeron is a decent player who can produce points. He's a bit small, so 5on5 you have to pair him with a big stay at home guy, but if you do that he can play a regular shift. Tampa doesn't really need anything except maybe a minor league RHDman. I don't see anyone who looks interesting in Ottawa's system though. Bergeron for a 4-5 round pick would likely do it.

CC321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:55 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

It'll be like Karlsson never got hurt

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:18 AM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Do not want MAB. Why would you want a defenceman that has a hard time making the line-up on one of the worst defensive teams in the league?

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:51 AM
Synthetek

Send a message via AIM to Synthetek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooney View Post
How often does his shots get blocked?
Wait! how did he get a puck past Hasek that year?

Synthetek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:11 AM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Do not want MAB. Why would you want a defenceman that has a hard time making the line-up on one of the worst defensive teams in the league?
Tampa's D isn't that bad anymore, we have a great first pairing in Hedman and Salo, we have a great 3rd guy in Carle and Aulie is playing a lot better (top4 worth), while Brewer really sucks this season.
Well and Lee is Lee, his isn't as bad as in the first few games, but he is still nothing more than a 7thD.
And Bergeron doesn't play often, because we have n need for an offensive D. Carle is set as our first guy on the PP and Salo, Hedman splitting the work on the 2 PP. So we really have no place for him.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:23 AM
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper

vCash: 134
Quote:
This isn't last season, bud.

The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:26 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Poor man Karlsson? Smaller than EK, slower than EK, but a shot like EK. That's not so bad.
He's more of a poor man's version of the poor man's EK.

Mantha Poodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:06 AM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
Tampa's D isn't that bad anymore, we have a great first pairing in Hedman and Salo, we have a great 3rd guy in Carle and Aulie is playing a lot better (top4 worth), while Brewer really sucks this season.
Well and Lee is Lee, his isn't as bad as in the first few games, but he is still nothing more than a 7thD.
And Bergeron doesn't play often, because we have n need for an offensive D. Carle is set as our first guy on the PP and Salo, Hedman splitting the work on the 2 PP. So we really have no place for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
This isn't last season, bud.
They've allowed 47 goals against tied with Winnipeg for 10th worst in the NHL. Lee is seeing more time than MAB. Call me 'bud' all you want, but Tampa doesn't have a good defence, and there's little to no value in Ottawa acquiring MAB when he can't even crack a defensive line-up that sees Brian Lee getting reps.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:50 AM
Jacko95

Quote:
They've allowed 47 goals against tied with Winnipeg for 10th worst in the NHL. Lee is seeing more time than MAB. Call me 'bud' all you want, but Tampa doesn't have a good defence, and there's little to no value in Ottawa acquiring MAB when he can't even crack a defensive line-up that sees Brian Lee getting reps.
Lee is a little better defensively than Bergeron,that's why he gets the edge, not becaue of overall play.
And our game is made by offense, our D is soild, not great but solid, but our forwards don't mind to play D.
I would put our D something between 15 and 20.
But even our D is a offensive D, we have only on true stay-at-home D in Aulie, the rest are TWD which lean more towards playing offensively or in case of Carle a OD.

It's all about how the team is structured. It's more likely this team scores 8 goals in a game than shut the opposite down.
You get what I mean?

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:58 AM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Tampa has to add IMO.

But we didn't offer anything.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:04 AM
Rschmitz
Yzermaned

Quote:
Our defense is actually very formidable, but I see what your saying, from a purely statistical standpoint there isn't much argument. I know its cliche, but you'd have to watch the games to see why we've given up the goals we have. When you score a lot you tend to get scored on a lot, its just the nature of the beast, wouldn't you agree?

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:05 AM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
Lee is a little better defensively than Bergeron,that's why he gets the edge, not becaue of overall play.
And our game is made by offense, our D is soild, not great but solid, but our forwards don't mind to play D.
I would put our D something between 15 and 20.
But even our D is a offensive D, we have only on true stay-at-home D in Aulie, the rest are TWD which lean more towards playing offensively or in case of Carle a OD.

It's all about how the team is structured. It's more likely this team scores 8 goals in a game than shut the opposite down.
You get what I mean?
I understand that which just further proves how bad MAB is. A offensive defenceman that doesn't fit into an offensive team system where they would rather have Lee in the line-up says a lot about that player.

I don't want to touch MAB with a 50 foot pole. Especially with how we're playing now. The last thing we need is a huge defensive liability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschmitz View Post
Our defense is actually very formidable, but I see what your saying, from a purely statistical standpoint there isn't much argument. I know its cliche, but you'd have to watch the games to see why we've given up the goals we have. When you score a lot you tend to get scored on a lot, its just the nature of the beast, wouldn't you agree?
I do agree but see my reasoning above.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:06 AM
MVP Tom Pyatt
Tommy P

Ottawa offers a game-worn Gilroy jersey.

MVP Tom Pyatt is online now   Reply With Quote