HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto-Colorado (yes o'reilly)

Old
02-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Not sure if serious because nothing that includes Komisarek going to your team is a win for you.
It has to help Avs too? That kinda changes everything.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:59 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
The Avs defense is in really poor shape right now. They could really use the experience. Plus Colorado would have to take back some salary anyways since O'Reilly's next contract will be costly. The cherry on top is that Komisarek comes with one game coaching experience, so he is a strong candidate for a replacement for Sacco after the season is over.
Liles and Komisarek are the leafs worse d. For what you guys would be losing it's brutal. Komi and Liles both make way too much money. Komi also has another year left of his deal so you'd be looking at a player/coach lol. The best part of the package offered were the pick and prospect. komi and Liles have a combined cap hit of 8.375 per. They getting away from the Liles contract would be huge for them on it's own. It's just my 2 cents but trust me you guys wouldn't be much happier having these two in the lineup

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:01 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
If you've watched Komi play much you'd understand that he doesn't help a team especially with his salary.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:05 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Good to see Freud and Joe are still fighting the good fight.
Carry on.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Good to see Freud and Joe are still fighting the good fight.
Carry on.
Such admirable soldiers.
Super Joe medal in their futures it looks like.
Also no Komi and no Liles no matter how bad our D starts to look.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:19 PM
The Shermanator
Knee Brace Season

We flipped Liles for 2nd and now we are taking him back for ROR? **** no.

The Shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:13 AM
avsfan89

Even though colorado may seem dry for forward help, a healthy roster creates a logjam at forwards. What if colorado strictly went for defense with a ROR trade. Now I'm not saying this is the best deal they could get, but since its a toronto thread. I'd be tempted with:

Toronto sends:
D Morgan Rielly
D Carl Gunnarsson
3rd Round Pick

for

Colorado:
F Ryan O'Reilly
Shane O'Brien
5th Round Pick

This way if there is still a need at forward we can go all in for a Semin/Perry/Free Agent.
Healthy without a free agent is:

landy - stas - jones
mcginn - duchene - pap
palushaj - mitchell - downie
mcleod - olver - bord (sgarbossa could also challenge for a spot)

gunnar - EJ
barrie - hedja
Elliot - Zanon

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:15 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
Even though colorado may seem dry for forward help, a healthy roster creates a logjam at forwards. What if colorado strictly went for defense with a ROR trade. Now I'm not saying this is the best deal they could get, but since its a toronto thread. I'd be tempted with:

Toronto sends:
D Morgan Rielly
D Carl Gunnarsson
3rd Round Pick

for

Colorado:
F Ryan O'Reilly
Shane O'Brien
5th Round Pick
Rielly is off the table in just about any scenario. It would be like you guys dealing Duchene. Just wouldn't make sense. The kids gonna be dynamite.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:19 AM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Rielly is off the table in just about any scenario. It would be like you guys dealing Duchene. Just wouldn't make sense. The kids gonna be dynamite.
while i agree Rielly would be hard to pry. It's a bit of a different scenario comparing duchene to rielly.

One had 67 and 55 point seasons in his first two years and currently sits 12th in scoring while other hasn't played a game in the NHL. You still have Gardiner. You can even pick up prospects and players if you trade bozak, macarthur, kulemin and colbourne at the deadline

Old
02-20-2013, 01:03 AM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:
while i agree Rielly would be hard to pry. It's a bit of a different scenario comparing duchene to rielly.

One had 67 and 55 point seasons in his first two years and currently sits 12th in scoring while other hasn't played a game in the NHL. You still have Gardiner. You can even pick up prospects and players if you trade bozak, macarthur, kulemin and colbourne at the deadline
Good luck buddy, the Leafs fans will be coming.....

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:04 AM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Good luck buddy, the Leafs fans will be coming.....
oh i know lol

Old
02-20-2013, 03:38 AM
EucaLEAFtys

Sorry, but any deal involving either Gardiner or Rielly (or both) is a non-starter from a Leaf standpoint as they are both potential top-pairing defencemen. As such, it would be inherently stupid for the Leafs to move either one at this time and are therefore not available.

Also, the Leafs can fill their need for a #1 center through the draft without having to waste valuable assets in a trade.

Furthermore, the impression that I've gotten recently about the O'Reilly hold-out situation is that the Avalanche organization doesn't view O'reilly as a #1 center and won't pay him like one, yet they're asking for a return befitting a legitimate #1 center. Now, I could have the wrong impression here, but if it is right, then the Avalance organization is going to be greatly disappointed when they don't get what they want in a trade for O'reilly (if they should happen to go that route).

Ryan O'Reilly simply isn't worth the Avalanche's asking price nor should he receive a prohibitively high contract/offer-sheet. His current status as a hold-out also doesn't help the situation.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:11 AM
KaraLupin
카라

O Reilly for Gardiner straight.

KaraLupin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:26 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Don't listen to him Freudian, he's just being delusional. Toronto is a financial heavyweight, the Avs will be so thankful that they didn't just offersheet Ryan that we'll take back whatever the Leafs deem unnecessary.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:35 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EucaLEAFtys View Post
Sorry, but any deal involving either Gardiner or Rielly (or both) is a non-starter from a Leaf standpoint as they are both potential top-pairing defencemen.
And ROR is a potential #1C if he's not there already.

If Gardiner and Rielly are off the table from the Leafs, then ROR is off the table, plain and simple.

Some Leafs fans are still struggling to understand that in order to get a player of significant value, you have to give up something of significant value. Pieces like Percy/Blacker/Bozak/2nd/etc are not significant value.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:49 AM
SprDaVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post

If Gardiner and Rielly are off the table from the Leafs, then ROR is off the table, plain and simple.
I agree in terms of on paper value. One of Rielly or Gardiner straight up for a player like O'Reilly is pretty fair.

On the other hand, Rielly or Gardiner are not the ones holding out here.

Leafs keep assets that are actually playing and developing, while Colorado is sitting on an asset not really gaining much in terms of value and losing some further development.

They can sit on him all they want, I suppose. If they do, he will likely just go back to Europe and wait it out.

At some point, one team will either meet the price or Colorado will have to bring down their price if they want some valuable assets at the very least.

SprDaVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:

Never really understood the "He hasn't played in the NHL yet argument". I find it a weak one tbh. Nathan Mackinnon hasn't played a game yet but I think it's a pretty safe bet that he's gonna be a good player. I was comparing Duchene and Rielly in terms of what they mean to their respective teams. Both are seen as guys to build around. O'reilly, while a very good player, I wouldn't put as a guy to build around. A player that could certainly be a core player, but more of a piece like a Phil Kessel. Yes, we still have Gardiner but that doesn't make Rielly expendable. Bozak,Mac,Kuly etc could net prospects/picks but we all know they won't be on the same level as Rielly. I just don't see how O'reilly is on the same level value-wise given the projections on both players.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Krazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
I agree in terms of on paper value. One of Rielly or Gardiner straight up for a player like O'Reilly is pretty fair.

On the other hand, Rielly or Gardiner are not the ones holding out here.

Leafs keep assets that are actually playing and developing, while Colorado is sitting on an asset not really gaining much in terms of value and losing some further development.

They can sit on him all they want, I suppose. If they do, he will likely just go back to Europe and wait it out.

At some point, one team will either meet the price or Colorado will have to bring down their price if they want some valuable assets at the very least.
This is a key. Ror may have equal value but he is a hold out, so that lowers his value. The problem is that the avs are saying to him, we'll you aren't a first line centre so we don't want to pay you that, but then seem to be demanding first line centre return. You can't have it both ways.

I would have tried something like

Gunnarson, Frattin, Finn

Or maybe Finn and first or something

Good players, usable parts with upside but you can't ask for Reilly, gardiner or Kadri for a hold out.

I think the isles should try like maybe niño and de hann or something.

A Tavares ror combo would look good.

Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:

Some Leafs fans are still struggling to understand that in order to get a player of significant value, you have to give up something of significant value. Pieces like Percy/Blacker/Bozak/2nd/etc are not significant value.
If Gardiner and Rielly were off the table, the Leafs could still offer up some good pieces. It would be more of a quantity type of deal, which most avs fans agreed to already actually. I think it was Percy,Liles,Bozak and a second rounder. Top 4 dman,Second/third line center,a good prospect and a pick. That's not bad value.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:14 AM
TOGuy14

Quote:

Toronto sends:
D Morgan Rielly
D Carl Gunnarsson
3rd Round Pick

for

Colorado:
F Ryan O'Reilly
Shane O'Brien
5th Round Pick

This way if there is still a need at forward we can go all in for a Semin/Perry/Free Agent.
Healthy without a free agent is:

landy - stas - jones
mcginn - duchene - pap
palushaj - mitchell - downie
mcleod - olver - bord (sgarbossa could also challenge for a spot)

gunnar - EJ
barrie - hedja
Elliot - Zanon
In this deal we give the better pick, the better d-man and our top prospect for a hard to sign RFA ROR?

You crazy. Rielly is OFF THE TABLE. He was probably Canada's best d-man at the WJHC at 18, and would be leading the WHL in d scoring along with Seth Jones were it not for the couple weeks that had off for the tourney. He is probably the top drafted defensive prospect not in the NHL right now.

I don't mind Gardiner going the other way but Rielly is insta-nope

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:14 AM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
If Gardiner and Rielly were off the table, the Leafs could still offer up some good pieces. It would be more of a quantity type of deal, which most avs fans agreed to already actually. I think it was Percy,Liles,Bozak and a second rounder. Top 4 dman,Second/third line center,a good prospect and a pick. That's not bad value.
Yikes.
We were kidding. All of us. Noone likes it really. It was more of this quantity for quality crap that usually gets GMs fired.....

If Gardiner,Kadri and Rielly are off the table, I hope that Sherman just hangs up on Nonis whenever he calls.

Last edited by JoemAvs: 02-20-2013 at 10:30 AM.
JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:18 AM
MikeC

Quote:

You do not get to the first base with a beautiful girl by inviting her to a Mcdonald on your first date.

Samething with Sherman, if you want ROR, pay the price.

MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:

Sorry to break this to you(And Avs fans for ending the troll) but Avs fans were not accepting that, they were trolling you, we had some laughs on our board at the fact that you guys actually thought we were serious...

The fact that ROR is a holdout means nothing, the Avs are in no rush to trade him, were not gonna do anything this year, so we can wait for a long time until we get what we want. And from TOR that will probably be Gardiner+.

Leafs fans have to look at it like this, other fan bases are offering up highly valuable pieces for ROR. The likes of MZD, Kulikov, Ennis+, etc. What makes Leafs fans think that they're so special as to get a star player for the crap being proposed? AND especially when you consider the fact that Sherman, the Avs ACTUAL GM, is asking for even more then those offers, he's asking for MDZ+ or Kulikov+, then it becomes even more obvious that its going to take more then spare parts from the Leafs, just like every other team. The Leafs aren't the center of the universe when it comes to trading. Teams aren't lining up for the chance to trade there players to the Leafs.

Other fan bases get it, they realize you have to give up significant pieces to get significant pieces, Leafs fans continue trying to paint this picture in there own minds that what they're offering is fair when its obvious to every fan base(not even just Avs fans) that the offers are bad.

Now some Leafs fans do get it, and offering packages that include the likes of Gardiner, but then you get the other Leafs fans who are continuing to propose garbage, and then pretending its actually a good deal for the Avs, bashing Oreilly to make it look even better and so on.

At this point us Avs fans take very few of you seriously(same can be said all around the league actually), we mock and troll you guys so we can laugh at the fact that you actually think your trades are good.

Last edited by Pierce Hawthorne: 02-20-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:27 AM
Iracundia

Quote:
[QUOTE=Sens Mile;60037295]Adrian Dater via twitter: The Avalanche are not looking for a center in return to for Ryan O’Reilly. They are looking for an offensive defenseman or a proven forward with a draft pick. Dater says to stop with the Maple Leafs rumors, the Avalanche are not interested in players like Tyler BozakQUOTE]

We already traded Liles to Tor why do we want him back?

Quality for Quality if Tor wants ROR.

Iracundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:31 AM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Yikes.
We were kidding. All of us. Noone like it really. It was mar of this quantity for quality crap that usually gets GMs fired.....

If Gardiner,Kadri and Rielly are off the table, I hope that Sherman just hangs up on Nonis whenever he calls.
At this point your GM should be the one calling other teams. No one should be flocking to acquire this guy; might be a decent player, but what is happening here isn't going unnoticed by other GMs.

Sign him......He is a 1st line C......We get it.

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote