Notices

Alfredsson Rumour/Speculation

Old
02-20-2013, 12:09 AM
cneely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
reputation of a cheap shot artist that keeps his gloves cemented on after starting a battle, etc...
Are we talking about the same guy?
Daniel Alfredsson is all class.

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:16 AM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
i love him, but...

stanley cup finals, game is over (or close to over/time expiring), he shoots the puck into scott niedermayer... a very classless act.

it may be one act, and one momentary reaction, but it was enough for me to always tarnish how i look at him a little.

would i take him on my cup contender? of course.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:22 AM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rsbergFan21 View Post
i love him, but...

stanley cup finals, game is over (or close to over/time expiring), he shoots the puck into scott niedermayer... a very classless act.

it may be one act, and one momentary reaction, but it was enough for me to always tarnish how i look at him a little.

would i take him on my cup contender? of course.
Really? We have Marchand on this team, and that's what you've got? He also threw Sundin's stick in the stands once. Hardly enough to vilify him.

I've always like Alfie's effort and intensity. The guy is a player.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:25 AM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
Your quoting the same guy also hates Suter and didn't want him on our team cause he is soft .

And yeah, with Marchand there is very few players we can complain about. Outside of Toronto, Alfy is very respected from what I have seen.

Last edited by BruinsNeedaRussian: 02-20-2013 at 12:35 AM.
BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:30 AM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
This is the same guy also hates Suter and didn't want him on our team cause he is soft .

And yeah, with Marchand there is very few players we can complain about. Outside of Toronto, Alfy is very respected from what I have seen.
Hates Suter?
You have me mixed up with someone else.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:30 AM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Quote:
Really? We have Marchand on this team, and that's what you've got? He also threw Sundin's stick in the stands once. Hardly enough to vilify him.

I've always like Alfie's effort and intensity. The guy is a player.
hey, all i was saying is Alfie is not the definition of class in my book. you'll notice i also said i'd take him on my team for a cup run. but in my book he is not "all class". he had some nasty hits on tucker in the day, not all of them perfectly clean. though tucker asked for it! hahaha.

basically i am splitting hairs here. BOS would be lucky to get him for another run, and it would be cool to see Alfie get a cup to close his career.

I should note, I am a COL fan, so it would be cool to see Alfie get one with BOS the way we got one w/RB.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:32 AM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rsbergFan21 View Post
hey, all i was saying is Alfie is not the definition of class in my book. you'll notice i also said i'd take him on my team for a cup run. but in my book he is not "all class". he had some nasty hits on tucker in the day, not all of them perfectly clean. though tucker asked for it! hahaha.

basically i am splitting hairs here. BOS would be lucky to get him for another run, and it would be cool to see Alfie get a cup to close his career.

I should note, I am a COL fan, so it would be cool to see Alfie get one with BOS the way we got one w/RB.
Alfie is all intensity and effort. I honestly don't recall anything "dirty" per se.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:33 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Will always be a big-time fan of Danny Alfredsson.

If we are looking at who I'd want more out of Iggy and him? It's Iginla. Because I feel as though he would be rejuvenated coming to a new club with Cup potential where he is a decided SUPPORTING piece and not the reason the Bruins win or lose. I think the return on either of them would be more or less the same.

If Chiarelli dealt for Alfie though... You probably wouldn't hear me complain. Nothing but the utmost respect for him and he has still has a lot to contribute to a winning team.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:35 AM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
Hates Suter?
You have me mixed up with someone else.
Sorry poor wording. Meant the guy you quoted.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:36 AM
westernhome

and it's not just people in Toronto, here is a post from a few days ago on the Penguins board:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...3&postcount=98

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:37 AM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
Sorry poor wording. Meant the guy you quoted.
Ah. Fair enough. Thought you were referring to me.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:41 AM
cneely

Quote:

and it's not just people in Toronto, here is a post from a few days ago on the Penguins board:

Still not sure what point you're trying to make. Alfie is not a fighter, but he does try to compete and go to the net, as evidenced by your video.

You'd have to refresh my memory on a cheap shot. One delusional pens fan doesn't change my opinion unfortunately.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:45 AM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:

A Penguins fan trying to liken him to Cooke. Great find....

Old
02-20-2013, 12:48 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

I wish I could see it but I have a gut feeling Alfreddson in Ottawa is like Selanne in Anaheim and he'll keep coming back to play 1 more year and therefore the Sens are smart to keep him.

Guy is an amazing player and is great against us. I think he'd be an amazing fit. Play with Bergeron and Machand in Recchi's spot. Seguin to the first. Horton to the third line with Kelly and Peverley.

If it happens OOOOO YEAAAAAA

Alfie for McQuaid, Caron, Krug. Just bump Johnson up into McQuaids spot.

Nice return for them.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:50 AM
westernhome

Quote:
Still not sure what point you're trying to make. Alfie is not a fighter, but he does try to compete and go to the net, as evidenced by your video.

You'd have to refresh my memory on a cheap shot. One delusional pens fan doesn't change my opinion unfortunately.
sorry the video wasn't really to the link of the point there, but it does show something that I hate, guys that hold their stick with two hands up high when there is a scuffle, with zero intention to let go and engage, that is dirty.

I hate when people play the "Marchand" card too, Marchand is smaller, yet fearless and will engage and go without resorting to the highsticking stuff that I can't stand, night and day difference, Marchand rules, a true Bruin through and through

Old
02-20-2013, 12:56 AM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

Quote:

You're absolutely right, a video from 15 years ago is surely the best judge of a players character today...

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:06 AM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
You're absolutely right, a video from 15 years ago is surely the best judge of a players character today...
I'll give you that, I admit I haven't watched him play much in the last year

Old
02-20-2013, 01:09 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
sorry the video wasn't really to the link of the point there, but it does show something that I hate, guys that hold their stick with two hands up high when there is a scuffle, with zero intention to let go and engage, that is dirty.

I hate when people play the "Marchand" card too, Marchand is smaller, yet fearless and will engage and go without resorting to the highsticking stuff that I can't stand, night and day difference, Marchand rules, a true Bruin through and through

Absolutely on Marchand couldn't agree more.

You might be exaggerating on Alfie but you are correct there's some Corey Perry in his game and he has his share of chippy plays over the years usually with his stick, and of course he doesn't ever fight (since he isn't Canadian he doesn't get much crap for it though.)

Its hockey though I don't think he's crossed the line that much I'd say 50% of the legit stars in the NHL Alfreddson's level or better are equally chippy or more so (see guys like Crosby, Ovechkin, and Malkin) so I can't hold it against him like you do.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:11 AM
Mione134

It would probably take Spooner or Koko. And I wouldnt trade them for him. But no doubt would I love to have him on the team. The guy is class personified.

Mione134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:12 AM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:

You are insane if you think Marchand is a more respectful player than Alfy. Like comparing Ott to Bergeron. Marchand is far cheaper, dives, and yaps much more.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:20 AM
bruins04

would love Alfie on our team as well. The guy is a gamer and plays hard every game. Is there anything to indicate that there are actually wheels in motion on this front? I just can't see Ottawa giving him up unless things take a turn for the worse (moreso than now).

bruins04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:24 AM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
It would probably take Spooner or Koko. And I wouldnt trade them for him. But no doubt would I love to have him on the team. The guy is class personified.
Alfredsson is a special case, in the sense that he will dictate his own future. If he wants one last shot at the Stanley Cup and thinks that joining Chara and Kelly in Boston is his best opportunity to do that then the Sens organization won't hold him hostage.

If he is open to waiving for multiple teams that could obviously bring his price up, but I think people will be surprised at the price if he is traded. Murray has always been good at accommodating players (see Fisher situation) and he would continue to do that for the most influential player in franchise history.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:31 AM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Pretty sure the SEL playoffs end right when the NHL's begin. A third line of
Soderberg - Kelly - Alfredsson
That'd be something.

ryedog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:56 AM
unifiedtheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
Pevs and picks?
We'd be getting worse, Pevvy is a better player.

I would not give up any of Koko, Spooner, Knight or Subban. I would also not give them a 1st round pick. I would not be willing to give up a lot for a very short term rental.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:28 AM
GloveSave1
I'll bleed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
Alfredsson is a special case, in the sense that he will dictate his own future. If he wants one last shot at the Stanley Cup and thinks that joining Chara and Kelly in Boston is his best opportunity to do that then the Sens organization won't hold him hostage.

If he is open to waiving for multiple teams that could obviously bring his price up, but I think people will be surprised at the price if he is traded. Murray has always been good at accommodating players (see Fisher situation) and he would continue to do that for the most influential player in franchise history.
That's what I thought. It would be more about Alfredsson wanting to go for it. If I had to guess, it'd be Caron and a decent pick IMO. Alfredsson is awesome, and a game changer, but he is 40. I'm sure both sides would fill their needs...but the return would probably surprise some when talking about a legendary player.

GloveSave1 is offline   Reply With Quote