HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Ryan O'Reilly : Money-Money-Money-Money...Mo-ney!! Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 11:48 PM
skip2mybordeleau
Sign O'Reilly

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
Devils fan coming in peace.

I know this is a ROR thread but what would you be looking for (if anything) for Stastny? Anyone realistically on the Devils roster in which a deal could be had?
i think alot of fans would prefer stastny be traded, but it seems very unlikely that would be the case.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:54 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:
Devils fan coming in peace.

I know this is a ROR thread but what would you be looking for (if anything) for Stastny? Anyone realistically on the Devils roster in which a deal could be had?
If trading Stastny meant keeping ROR, then it kinda fits this thread. My opinion is that defense (LHD preferred) and/or winger would be needed in return.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:04 AM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

On the idea of trading Stastny:
Assuming we did.
Where do you guys feel the odds are at mending fences with ROR this summer and giving him a long term deal (5+)@ 4-4.25m/yr. He'd be clearly in line to be the 2C, and most likely take Stats' letter.
I'd think that's a 30% chance at best.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:04 AM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
If trading Stastny meant keeping ROR, then it kinda fits this thread. My opinion is that defense (LHD preferred) and/or winger would be needed in return.
Well I don't want to get in any sort of trouble for going off-topic with offering a proposal...I realize there is a main board for that. However seeing this and Stastny's name brought up I thought it could fit into the guidelines of things.

That said - Henrik Tallinder is the odd man out in NJ and to my knowledge recently said *basically* "play me or trade me". Not bad a bad d-man...just a victim of our depth in the position. Great mentor and could help fill the void that that the EJ left. (Not that I'm comparing Tallinder to EJ.)

Now, would that be all that's needed straight up? Tallinder for Stastny? Would you guys need a prospect? a pick? NJ needs a center with Carter and Zubrus out (Zubrus does play center for us at times) and I feel NJ has the pieces needed to grab someone like a Stastny. His family has a lot of history with the Devils, I would love to see him here and if that means for you guys to keep ROR then by all means.

Plus I would hate to see ROR on the Rangers. (if this whole MDZ thing is true)

Old
02-20-2013, 12:06 AM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Well I don't want to get in any sort of trouble for going off-topic with offering a proposal...I realize there is a main board for that. However seeing this and Stastny's name brought up I thought it could fit into the guidelines of things.

That said - Henrik Tallinder is the odd man out in NJ and to my knowledge recently said *basically* "play me or trade me". Not bad a bad d-man...just a victim of our depth in the position. Great mentor and could help fill the void that that the EJ left. (Not that I'm comparing Tallinder to EJ.)

Now, would that be all that's needed straight up? Tallinder for Stastny? Would you guys need a prospect? a pick? NJ needs a center with Carter and Zubrus out (Zubrus does play center for us at times) and I feel NJ has the pieces needed to grab someone like a Stastny. His family has a lot of history with the Devils, I would love to see him here and if that means for you guys to keep ROR then by all means.

Plus I would hate to see ROR on the Rangers. Haha.
It's going to take A LOT more than Tallinder to get Stastny.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:13 AM
Foppa2118

I don't think we're gonna see O'Reilly traded until at least around the trade deadline.

It seems like the way the Avs work, and probably a lot of teams for that matter, is they lay the ground work and see what they can get early in the season, and then if they don't get the slam dunk right off the bat, they see where things stand near the deadline.

I would imagine the same will happen with O'Reilly. They may or may not have tried to go after the Yandle, or the Courturier, or the MDZ+ and didn't have an overly willing parnter, so they backed off a bit and are waiting to see how things change. Worse comes to worse, they probably hope a similar deal may still be on the table later on.

Kinda like the Nash deal. Maybe we end up seeing a MDZ and Miller for O'Reilly and O'Byrne type deal near the deadline, or some other variance with NYR or another team at or around the draft. I think it's gonna be a while boys and girls before we get this resolved.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:13 AM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
I figured that. Just not sure on Colorado's needs at the moment. If it's young defensive prospects Jon Merrill is our top defensive prospect and would be a fantastic add in to the package. Our other top defensive prospects include Alexander Urbom and Eric Gelinas

Here is some quick info on them all (for those unfamiliar):
Merrill: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jon_merrill
Urbom: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/alexander_urbom
Eric Gelinas: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/eric_gelinas

A winger that could use a nice change of scenery (and with tons of potential) are the likes of Jacob Josefson and Mattias Tedenby.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:15 AM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:

Plus I would hate to see ROR on the Rangers. Haha.
We all would love for ROR to stay.

Still not gifting you Stastny for Tallinder. He could play a second pairing role but we are not trading Stastny for him.
Would need a 1st and ehm well now we've got a problem. Urbom?
I dislike Merrill. Matteau?

I realize that you now will say that Stazz is not worth it with his ugly contract and so on but the fact remains that he is still a pretty good player with a good reputation for whom you can make a crapload of excuses for him not living up to his contract right now.
They still are only excuses and it certainly has something to do with effort (he tends to be invisible in too many games) but I for one really believe that he will bounce back the minute he gets away from Sacco to any kind of offensive system that does not completely waste his playmaking skills and has a solid goalscoringwinger to feed for him for once
And his contract expires in 1.5 years.

So I just don't see how we can sell any of our guys for cheap.
I believe that even if they somehow "mend fences" with ROR and sign a contract with him that he will either not see the end of the contract with the Avs or that he will immediately walk away the moment the new contract expires (if he does hit UFA at this point).

I believe ( or better hope) teams will have a great shot at Stastny with or without ROR on the team in the summer if he does not re-sign (paycut!) I just really don't see us selling 2 of our 3 "potential #1 C" (esp.for below market value or atleast below what they would be worth to the Avs).

Old
02-20-2013, 12:17 AM
avsfan89

Even though colorado may seem dry for forward help, a healthy roster creates a logjam at forwards. What if colorado strictly went for defense with a ROR trade. Now I'm not saying this is the best deal they could get, but since if toronto was the frontrunner I'd be tempted with:

Toronto sends:
D Morgan Rielly
D Carl Gunnarsson
3rd Round Pick

for

Colorado:
F Ryan O'Reilly
Shane O'Brien
5th Round Pick

This way if there is still a need at forward we can go all in for a Semin/Perry/Free Agent OR draft a high profile forward if we are top 8 at the draft (Drouin Plzzzz)
Healthy without a free agent is:

landy - stas - jones
mcginn - duchene - pap
palushaj - mitchell - downie
mcleod - olver - bord (sgarbossa could also challenge for a spot)

gunnar - EJ
barrie - hedja
Elliot - Zanon

Old
02-20-2013, 12:26 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
I don't know how much Tallinder's game has regressed since leaving Buffalo, but I don't think that's necessarily true. It all depends on what the Avs get back in the O'Reilly deal, and at the draft.

I made this same point somewhere else here, but if they somehow pry a Couurier out of Philly, or draft Mackinnon, I think they'll look to dump Stastny to whomever they can get a serviceable player or decent prospect/draft pick out of. Just to shed his $6.6M salary alone as they likely wouldn't have plans at trying to retain him at a top two center price.

I think this whole O"Reilly thing, and Stastny's mediocre start has probably put the Avs in motion towards building a traditional top six and bottom six kind of group, rather than the three center approach they had before.

It was a nice idea, but I'm really starting to believe it waters down everyone's abilities too much. A guy like Duchene can't thrive without the right linemates and ice time, and a guy like O'Reilly can't warrant the kind of big contract he wants or produce enough offensively playing behind two centers either. O'Reilly got too good offensively for it to work. Somehow they'd have a better team if he was just that defensive 30+ point guy on a reasonable contract.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:27 AM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
Even though colorado may seem dry for forward help, a healthy roster creates a logjam at forwards. What if colorado strictly went for defense with a ROR trade. Now I'm not saying this is the best deal they could get, but since if toronto was the frontrunner I'd be tempted with:

Toronto sends:
D Morgan Rielly
D Carl Gunnarsson
3rd Round Pick

for

Colorado:
F Ryan O'Reilly
Shane O'Brien
5th Round Pick

This way if there is still a need at forward we can go all in for a Semin/Perry/Free Agent OR draft a high profile forward if we are top 8 at the draft (Drouin Plzzzz)
Healthy without a free agent is:
Our wing depth is thin which is evident since all of these injuries came up this year, and we need some pk help in the bottom 2 lines to take the load off the top 6. Not sold on Pajamas yet, and Bords should not play every game and is a UFA this year. Spreading the return for ROR between forward and Defense makes more sense to me.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:29 AM
avsfan89

Quote:
Our wing depth is thin which is evident since all of these injuries came up this year, and we need some pk help in the bottom 2 lines to take the load off the top 6. Not sold on Pajamas yet, and Bords should not play every game and is a UFA this year. Spreading the return for ROR between forward and Defense makes more sense to me.
there is a TON of free agent forwards this summer though. Plus we could finally give Pirate and maybe even Colin Smith a chance to shine.

we could target:

Ryan Clowe (would be great)
Semin
Perry
Jagr (would be fun)
Matt Cullen
Michael Ryder
Pierre Marc Bouchard
Penner
Bozak
MacArthur
David clarkson (would love him)

Old
02-20-2013, 12:31 AM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:
Tallinder for Stastny straight across,

but

the devils must offer sheet O'Reilly AND GET HIM TO SIGN IT for a minimum of 2 yrs for no more than 4m/yr

Old
02-20-2013, 12:49 AM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Tallinder for Stastny straight across,

but

the devils must offer sheet O'Reilly AND GET HIM TO SIGN IT for a minimum of 2 yrs for no more than 4m/yr
So just to be clear...ROR's rights + Stastny for Tallinder?

Done.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:52 AM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:
So just to be clear...ROR's rights + Stastny for Tallinder?

Done.
Avs would match that offer sheet.
win-win
You get Stastny cheap, we get ROR

Old
02-20-2013, 12:52 AM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

Quote:
So just to be clear...ROR's rights/Stastny for Tallinder?

Done.
No he means that you guys get O'Reilly to sign an offer sheet that is at least 2 years long and under $4 million a year and then we match it. In return for this favour, we give you Stastny for Tallinder.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:54 AM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
No he means that you guys get O'Reilly to sign an offer sheet that is at least 2 years long and under $4 million a year and then we match it. In return for this favour, we give you Stastny for Tallinder.
Oh well in that case...

Yeah I'd do that as well

Old
02-20-2013, 12:55 AM
avsfan89

Quote:
Avs would match that offer sheet.
win-win
You get Stastny cheap, we get ROR
any thoughts on those FA's i mentioned above?

Old
02-20-2013, 12:57 AM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

Quote:
Oh well in that case...

Yeah I'd do that as well
Too bad I wouldn't do it.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:01 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
there is a TON of free agent forwards this summer though. Plus we could finally give Pirate and maybe even Colin Smith a chance to shine.

we could target:

Ryan Clowe (would be great)
Semin
Perry
Jagr (would be fun)
Matt Cullen
Michael Ryder
Pierre Marc Bouchard
Penner
Bozak
MacArthur
David clarkson (would love him)
Those are the ones we actually have a chance at, I would add Horton to this list, Bozak and MacArthur are third liners but we also need a third line LW on top of a third line center. Clowe is way to old for this team.

Sgarbossa does not belong in the bottom 6. They should be giving him a chance in the top 6 on the wing but they aren't. And no... I don't really believe Pj's will be around next year.

McGinn - Duchene - Parenteau

Landeskog - Stastny - Horton

MacArthur - Bozak - Downie <-- would be a good third line

McLeod - Mitchell - Kobasew

Olver

ROR - EJ

Hejda - Barrie

Seimens - Wilson

Hunwick/SOB

Trade Zannon, Jones, and O'Byrne at the deadline.

The only reason I think we have a shot at Horton is because it's hard to imagine Boston giving him a raise with how close to the cap they are already. Clarkson isn't going to leave the first team who gave him a real chance at the NHL, unless NJ is just retarded. Obviously Bozak has his connection to Denver, and has played with MacArthur.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:07 AM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Those are the ones we actually have a chance at, I would add Horton to this list, Bozak and MacArthur are third liners but we also need a third line LW on top of a third line center. Clowe is way to old for this team.

Sgarbossa does not belong in the bottom 6. They should be giving him a chance in the top 6 on the wing but they aren't. And no... I don't really believe Pj's will be around next year.

McGinn - Duchene - Parenteau

Landeskog - Stastny - Horton

MacArthur - Bozak - Downie <-- would be a good third line

McLeod - Mitchell - Kobasew

Olver

ROR - EJ

Hejda - Barrie

Seimens - Wilson

Hunwick/SOB

The only reason I think we have a shot at Horton is because it's hard to imagine Boston giving him a raise with how close to the cap they are already. Clarkson isn't going to leave the first team who gave him a real chance at the NHL, unless NJ is just retarded. Obviously Bozak has his connection to Denver, and has played with MacArthur.
do you think Siemens makes it over Elliot? I kind of want to trade Hejda but he just signed here two years ago so it would be a rude gesture to future FA's if we traded him so fast.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:08 AM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post

Sgarbossa does not belong in the bottom 6. They should be giving him a chance in the top 6 on the wing but they aren't. And no... I don't really believe Pj's will be around next year.....

Agree with Cobra with all the above, and neither Penner or Clowe have done much this year from what I've read from their fans, so I'd avoid both.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:11 AM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:
Too bad I wouldn't do it.
Its not collusion if we don't get caught.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:49 AM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1100
You guys let an outsider come in here and hijack the topic? Have some pride, guys. Don't turn this into some generic trade proposal thread. Anymore than it already is, I suppose.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:09 AM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs21 View Post
Um. No.

You had best go and check who we got as a result from that trade.
So much derp.

Closed Thread