HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's going on? Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 01:06 AM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Spence diamonds turns girlfriends into fiances....

*click*
I think it's cute that a guy who doesn't like women is teaching us how to propose and pick out a ring.

It's also cute that they charge more than anyone else in the city for rings.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:23 AM
awesomo
HARD!

vCash: 500
This is HILARIOUS. All you guys are being like "why would something pay for that?", "who thought of this?", "I am not paying for _____".

The ads have already worked. They've already got your attention.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:42 AM
T-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
This is HILARIOUS. All you guys are being like "why would something pay for that?", "who thought of this?", "I am not paying for _____".

The ads have already worked. They've already got your attention.
IMO the ads are useless if the business itself is terrible.

I've tried to make purchases at both Sherwood Park Toyota and Spence in the past 3 years. Ad may have got me in the door, but in both cases I went somewhere else pretty damn quick after realizing the commercials are complete lies.

Saved at least 5,000 on a ring and 5,000 on a truck going other places and got something better in the end.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:32 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Not 1260 related per say but today while driving and heading to a commercial break on Spec's show (which is pretty good btw), I switched over to the other station to see what Boob Stauffer was on about. I tuned in part way through an interview with some reporter where they were talking about Ales Hemsky, Booby found a way to throw in some unsubstantiated slanderous comments about Ryan Smyth out of the blue yet again.

What a clown this guy is. Throws out baseless and unsupported innuendo assassinating Ryan Smyth's character every chance he gets. Nothing to do with on ice stuff either, its about his character or the contract dispute (if you only knew what I know) he would prattle on, well, why dont you tell us all what you know?

Because it may get you fired or getting served with a subpoena?

These are sad times indeed when we have to put up with this kind of garbage from a supposed "professional" broadcaster.

Two thumbs down Bob.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:41 AM
hyster110

care to elaborate on the comment?

Old
02-20-2013, 09:12 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post

I've tried to make purchases at both Sherwood Park Toyota and Spence in the past 3 years. Ad may have got me in the door, but in both cases I went somewhere else pretty damn quick after realizing the commercials are complete lies.

Saved at least 5,000 on a ring and 5,000 on a truck going other places and got something better in the end.
There is a reason those places have to advertise as much as they do.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:15 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Not 1260 related per say but today while driving and heading to a commercial break on Spec's show (which is pretty good btw), I switched over to the other station to see what Boob Stauffer was on about. I tuned in part way through an interview with some reporter where they were talking about Ales Hemsky, Booby found a way to throw in some unsubstantiated slanderous comments about Ryan Smyth out of the blue yet again.

What a clown this guy is. Throws out baseless and unsupported innuendo assassinating Ryan Smyth's character every chance he gets. Nothing to do with on ice stuff either, its about his character or the contract dispute (if you only knew what I know) he would prattle on, well, why dont you tell us all what you know?

These are sad times indeed when we have to put up with this kind of garbage from a supposed "professional" broadcaster.

Two thumbs down Bob.
I kinda agree. If you can't tell us what you know they don't bring it up. Whether or not you know something that backs you, you can't use it as a defense without actually letting us know what you know.

I understand when guys from the media have to keep quiet on certain info that can do damage if released, but you can't keep bringing it up and not telling people. You start to lose your credibility.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:58 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:

Two thumbs down Bob.
Wasn't Bobby the first one on the wagon when they were trying to bring Smyth back to town? I swear he just sways in the wind and does what he's told. Maybe setting us up for Smyth to be one of the buy-outs who knows.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:59 AM
smokersarejokers

Quote:

Two thumbs down Bob.
His Ryan Smyth hate is pretty embarrassing.

Did he also mention that he picked LA to win the cup last year?

I like Bob when he isn't bragging about himself or bragging about travelling with the team.

"I can tell you as someone who travels with the team and sees them on a daily basis."

Then you throw Jack Michaels in there....

Old
02-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersarejokers View Post

I like Bob when he isn't bragging about himself or bragging about travelling with the team.

"I can tell you as someone who travels with the team and sees them on a daily basis."

Yeah christ, with Bob on at lunchtime, Jack during games and Tencer after games. They pretty much need a barrel of TNT to fix the problems at CHED(Oiler centric anyhow).

Old
02-20-2013, 10:10 AM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersarejokers View Post

He did not pick them to win the cup he picked them to win the west. He's stated so multiple times now he's changed his tune.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:14 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
He did not pick them to win the cup he picked them to win the west. He's stated so multiple times now he's changed his tune.
Wonder what happens if LA wins the west this year, does he change his mind again?

Like Gregor said about PJ Stock, "if it's really your style then you better have a popped collar next week. This way I can at least respect the man for sticking to his ways".

Old
02-20-2013, 11:04 AM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:

For every you that walks in the door and comes out empty handed. There is another that walks in and comes out with a diamond or a car. The first step is brand awareness and getting them into their door. What happens afterwards is not usually up to the marketing department

Old
02-20-2013, 05:27 PM
T-Funk

Quote:
For every you that walks in the door and comes out empty handed. There is another that walks in and comes out with a diamond or a car. The first step is brand awareness and getting them into their door. What happens afterwards is not usually up to the marketing department
I just think it's worse for business when your commercials are completely misleading and not indicative of what actually goes on.

Obviously there are people who don't realize when they're being ripped off and will shop there, but the huge gap between what their commercials say and how their business is conducted really put me off.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
I just think it's worse for business when your commercials are completely misleading and not indicative of what actually goes on.

Obviously there are people who don't realize when they're being ripped off and will shop there, but the huge gap between what their commercials say and how their business is conducted really put me off.
If I was looking to buy some jewelry and saw "Spence Diamonds", I'd assume that it's a good place to check out. However, due to their annoying commercials I'll never step into one of their stores. I hate them so much that it's bordering on just plain weird on my part

Saying that they're getting the job done because people are talking about them is false. It's like being happy that everyone is talking about how you have chlamydia because at least you're getting your name out there.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:59 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
If I was looking to buy some jewelry and saw "Spence Diamonds", I'd assume that it's a good place to check out. However, due to their annoying commercials I'll never step into one of their stores. I hate them so much that it's bordering on just plain weird on my part

Saying that they're getting the job done because people are talking about them is false. It's like being happy that everyone is talking about how you have chlamydia because at least you're getting your name out there.
except you guys already have a pre-conceived notion of spence diamonds

i'd like to know the stats on if there are increases in traffic going into the store when that ad is on air. because once again, getting people to the store is step 1. but after that is not necessarily on the marketing department (which i would assume made the ad, although i dont really know if companies like that have a separate marketing department)

Old
02-21-2013, 09:22 AM
joestevens29

Anyone else chuckle when Brownlee is co-hosting and Crystal glass has an ad read by Gregor?

Old
02-23-2013, 10:21 AM
metallicat
@metallicat51

How's the new Eric Macramella show?

Old
02-24-2013, 12:10 AM
Wheatking

Quote:
except you guys already have a pre-conceived notion of spence diamonds

i'd like to know the stats on if there are increases in traffic going into the store when that ad is on air. because once again, getting people to the store is step 1. but after that is not necessarily on the marketing department (which i would assume made the ad, although i dont really know if companies like that have a separate marketing department)
My preconceived notion would have been that a pace called Spence Diamonds would be a good place to buy a diamond. However, thanks to their ads, I really don't care if they have good customer service or fair prices. I'll look else where before walking into one of their stores. That's how much I can't stand their radio commercials. They actually hurt the Team1260 in some ways because when those commercials come on, I switch to FM radio and sometimes don't go back.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

vCash: 6964
If Jet Label never makes another dime and has to cancel all commercials airing on Edmonton radio stations, I'm cool with that.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:20 PM
0ilerman
The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
How's the new Eric Macramella show?
also wondering how it is...
He's an awesome guest on the morning show - witty and well spoken

Old
02-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

Gilbert Gottried should voice all commercials for the Team 1260.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:42 AM
abootzky

Supply Sergeant's latest commercials have me wishing the sarge had fallen off the back of that Hercules.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:04 PM
awesomo
HARD!

will probably affect team 1260 since its owned by Astral

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/busin...318/story.html

Old
03-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

Bruce McCurdy's voice (guest on Lowetide at High Noon) is so similar to Steve Tambi's it's uncanny.

Closed Thread