HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zack Kassian Appreciation Thread: Cody Who?

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 12:46 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
I actually think Lapierre's been passing more this year when he's had chances to shoot. I could be wrong though but that's my impression at least. He's never going to put up many points but there's been occasions on things like that odd-man rush a few games ago where I thought he'd shoot it and he passed to the trailer (Garrison) instead.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:00 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
I actually think Lapierre's been passing more this year when he's had chances to shoot. I could be wrong though but that's my impression at least. He's never going to put up many points but there's been occasions on things like that odd-man rush a few games ago where I thought he'd shoot it and he passed to the trailer (Garrison) instead.
Dont expect him to put up many points. But he just makes blantanly dumb plays sometimes. I your examples hes probably passing when he should shoot and shooting when he should pass.

Thing is hes able to put himself in a position to make dumb plays because he has some skills. Unlike say Wiess. He just cant get over that hump from being a 4th liner to a 3rd liner. Its somewhat sad really.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:10 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
Jensen Schroeder Kassian

/drool

Old
02-12-2013, 09:59 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Dat pass by Kass on Bieksa's goal, unreal. He's so goo at feeding the puck to the defense as they sit on the blue line. Uses his size down low behind the net, and finds an open defensemen almost every time.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:04 PM
TheDiver*

I really think he could be perfect on a Legion of Doom type line. Similar to what the Flyers had with Lindros, Leclair and Renberg. I think a 100% healthy Booth and Kesler combo with Kassian could fulfil this purpose.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:08 PM
MarcusKane

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Dat pass by Kass on Bieksa's goal, unreal. He's so goo at feeding the puck to the defense as they sit on the blue line. Uses his size down low behind the net, and finds an open defensemen almost every time.
Agreed, almost always has his head on a swivel. Even the times he's not looking around his hockey sense seems to make up for it.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

Interview with Dave Orton, (who is apparently the guy that Zack Kassian worked with over the summer). about himself, training Kass, and his thoughts on Him. http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|VAN|home

Old
02-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Scurr

This was the first really poor game we have seen from Kassian this season. I think that's pretty remarkable for a young guy trying to be more consistent, we certainly have vets on our team that have played more than one bad game so far.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:57 PM
pitseleh

Quote:
When you and Zack started training together last summer, did he have any specific goals or things that he wanted to improve on?

”For sure. His shoulder was a big one. He separated it late in the season.
I think this is the first I've heard of this.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Lowkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
Ya I noticed that and thought the same thing.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Catamarca Livin

Quote:
Jeez he had a seperated shoulder and never even brought it up as an excuse for poor play at the end of the season. Pretty good sign. Burrows, Kesler, Bieksa and the Sedins never talk about their injuries either. Never use it as an excuse even when it is a big reason for poor performance. If true it is a good sign that Kassian accepts responsiblity and does not feel the need to protect his ego.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:05 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
We knew he was dinged up, there was never anything official on the prognosis though.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Might be a reason why he play dropped off so significantly last season.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:54 PM
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
This was the first really poor game we have seen from Kassian this season. I think that's pretty remarkable for a young guy trying to be more consistent, we certainly have vets on our team that have played more than one bad game so far.
I'm thinking he needs to get into a tussle to get back in the swing of things. Luckily the Blackhawks have a lot of guys who need their faces tussled.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Wizeman*

He has Todd Bertuzzi spacing out disease. Dont worry . AV will turn him around. I dont expect him to be a star until hes 25.

Expect more stunned out looks on his face for a while. It takes a while for some guys to get it but when they do

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee................... ......

Old
02-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

He has been far less impressive then the beginning of the season but that was expected. A game vs the Hawks should give him a shot in the arm... I want to see him wrecking players tomorrow.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
I'm thinking he needs to get into a tussle to get back in the swing of things. Luckily the Blackhawks have a lot of guys who need their faces tussled.
A game on the 4th line against the Blackhawks could be just what the doctor ordered. I don't think he needs a fight per se, a game where he gets involved physically and keeps it simple with the puck would be good for him. I felt like he was a little unlucky on a couple of those turnovers last night and it seemed to shake his confidence.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:41 PM
BerSTUzzi

I know there isn't a huge sample size but both last year and this year he really struggled with Kesler. The just don't seem to get on the same page, even in the offensive zone.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:04 PM
David71

he was on the ice for 2goals against dallas/st.louis respectively. therefore he got benched. maybe he should be scratchedd/ to send a message

Old
02-18-2013, 04:08 PM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
he was on the ice for 2goals against dallas/st.louis respectively. therefore he got benched. maybe he should be scratchedd/ to send a message
Kesler was on for all of those goals, as well as Higgins. He had two bad games, it was only 3 games ago that he made an awesome pass to Bieksa for a goal.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:18 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
He seems to be looking for Kesler way too much and he can only really pass to Higgins, when Higgins is setup for a shot, otherwise its kind of useless.

The cutesy passes in the neutral zone need to stop unless they are money passes. He likes to play a quick game, but you can't be turning over the puck like that in AV's system.

He's really only had 4 meh games so far this year which is way less then anyone of us should have rightly expected.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:28 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
I'm not likely the fact Kassian's effort keeps fading after a few good games. Consistency of scoring or mistake free hockey is hard to maintain, but you want to see consistency of effort.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:28 AM
mossey3535

I called it earlier in the thread - Kassian is going to do better if he knows he's important to the team. It's hard to play his optimal game on the 4th line IMO. In his few shifts with the Sedins last night he looked good again, it's not an accident.

Now the best case scenario is for him to be on the 2nd line - where he's doomed to fail as a winger on Kesler's line just like every other winger Kesler has had.

The speed line of Hansen/Schroeder/Raymond should stay together. So now he's on the bottom-6. I just think he's the type of guy who hasn't developed the maturity to put in a consistent effort in the bottom-6. Unless AV gives the third line a lot larger role than he has for the last several years.

Hopefully either Kass develops some maturity fast or he's going to get sent down again. AV could also give him a bigger role or Kesler could suddenly learn to pass, but I'm not holding my breath for those two scenarios.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:42 PM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossey3535 View Post
I called it earlier in the thread - Kassian is going to do better if he knows he's important to the team. It's hard to play his optimal game on the 4th line IMO. In his few shifts with the Sedins last night he looked good again, it's not an accident.

Now the best case scenario is for him to be on the 2nd line - where he's doomed to fail as a winger on Kesler's line just like every other winger Kesler has had.

The speed line of Hansen/Schroeder/Raymond should stay together. So now he's on the bottom-6. I just think he's the type of guy who hasn't developed the maturity to put in a consistent effort in the bottom-6. Unless AV gives the third line a lot larger role than he has for the last several years.

Hopefully either Kass develops some maturity fast or he's going to get sent down again. AV could also give him a bigger role or Kesler could suddenly learn to pass, but I'm not holding my breath for those two scenarios.
You're saying the Sedins make Kassian look better than Volpatti and Weise/Lapierre?

Stop the presses.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Nuck This

How long has it been since Kesler ever had real good chemistry with anyone?

Closed Thread