HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor Has It: The Rumor Thread Part Tres

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 02:15 AM
S3rkie

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
There's a bit of a disconnect for how ROR is valued by the Avs but what they want to actually pay him. Either he is worth a boatload of quality players and prospects(he's not) and then they should pay him his salary demands or they're posturing to get the price up as high as possible. I think based on how they haven't signed him his return wont be close to what they're asking.
It's not that they don't value him as a player, its just the management style of the organization. They historically dont take well to hold outs and hard line negotiations. The same thing happened with Chris Drury, and numerous other talented players that have ended on bad terms. The avs offered a generous raise for a bridge contract after his breakout season and the potential they saw. Just a bad combination of the FO seeing their offer as generous and ROR's agency trying to redefine the 2nd contract at the same time didnt bode well.

Then according to one of the posters over on the avs boards who is close with a lot of the players, negotiations took a nasty arbitration style turn where the avs spelled out why they wont pay him big bucks now, and at that point things got ugly.

IMHO being from from South Florida and a panthers fan as well. I hope Tallon passes. Even though I think the media hype is just Shermans way of trying to up current offers, I think realistically what Avs would try to get is Kuli + Shore for ROR + a dmn plug if needed. I wouldnt give up on Shore, bc i could see him becoming the same type of player you're trying to acquire. Just my 2 cents.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Cats Kneading Goals
#1 Fanthers Pan!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Yeah, I mean two roster players, a prospect, and a high draft pick sounds like you're trying to get the likes of Stamkos or Malkin. Not some 3rd year kid who's not yet established and wants around $5 million dollars.

-ghoste
This is just one of those situations where somebody is going to pay the asking price to get him. Some players you just have to pay for if you want their services. He'll get his 5 mil per. What the avs get is another story.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:10 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
On "Insider Trading" tonight on TSN they talked about keeping an eye on us.

They seem to think that if we continue to struggle, Tallon will start shipping pieces away and start looking forward to next season.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:53 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post

They seem to think that if we continue to struggle, Tallon will start shipping pieces away and start looking forward to next season.
They mainly meant Weiss and as Weiss said he isn't going anywhere unless he wants to because of his no-movement clause.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:06 AM
p9ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post

Cleaning the barn like he did 2-3 years ago? I don't know how we'l attract free agents if we ship them every so often.

My guess is that Weiss wouldn't mind going to certain team that are doing quite well. Toronto comes to mind, he's from there and their good this year but could use some help to secure the playoff.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:01 AM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
So for fun, if Toronto offered their 1st round pick for Weiss, would you pull that trigger?

-ghoste

Old
02-20-2013, 03:47 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
So for fun, if Toronto offered their 1st round pick for Weiss, would you pull that trigger?

-ghoste
Probably not this season because they are too good so far which wouldnt give us a low pick

Old
02-20-2013, 03:48 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by p9ers View Post
Cleaning the barn like he did 2-3 years ago? I don't know how we'l attract free agents if we ship them every so often.

My guess is that Weiss wouldn't mind going to certain team that are doing quite well. Toronto comes to mind, he's from there and their good this year but could use some help to secure the playoff.
I agree! No one will come here..

Look at the Marlins they have pretty much lost all their fans. I dont think you want to watch a Minor league team of the Marlins. And these Minor league team usually suck ass

Old
02-20-2013, 12:21 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
Probably not this season because they are too good so far which wouldnt give us a low pick
Toronto won't be in the top 4 in the conference, their pick should be around 15-20. So yeah I would definitely pull the trigger on that one, this is a great draft. Most teams that will call about Weiss will have picks 20-30. It sounds like Weiss won't waive though.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:47 AM
Sports24-7

Quote:

Look at the Marlins they have pretty much lost all their fans. I dont think you want to watch a Minor league team of the Marlins. And these Minor league team usually suck ass
Those are two completely different situations. The Marlins have repeatedly conducted fire sales where they purge their team of good players because they can't afford them. Trading players at the deadline if you're out of it is common practice. Every year there are "buyers" and "sellers" and if the Panthers continue to struggle they will fall under the sellers category and should get what they can for vets who aren't long for the team anyway.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:01 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Any update how Kostitsyn team doing in KHL?

Update: Seems there down 2-0 in the series? Is it true Panthers have an agreement with his KHL team once his season there is over he comes over here?

Old
02-24-2013, 10:06 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Any update how Kostitsyn team doing in KHL?
Looking at their website, seems Traktor (Kostitsyn's team) has lost the first two games and is down 0-2 in the series.

e: Too sloow.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Knightmare

Personally, I'm not interested in Kostitsyn anymore. If we were heading to the playoffs, it would have been nice to add his offense to our lineup. But if Tallon is still thinking 'youth movement' at this point, I can't even see him bothering with AK anymore.

Old
02-26-2013, 06:13 AM
wunderpanda
Sabretage

Quote:

Sabres fan, I come in peace

I think you are wrong about players wanting to go there. Florida has no state tax and that is a big deal for guys making good salaries. It seems like the Panthers have tried harder the last year or 2 to get players but are being selective. I'm sure as Shmeullerdeau improve so will everything else.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:45 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
There's a bit of a disconnect for how ROR is valued by the Avs but what they want to actually pay him. Either he is worth a boatload of quality players and prospects(he's not) and then they should pay him his salary demands or they're posturing to get the price up as high as possible. I think based on how they haven't signed him his return wont be close to what they're asking.
That's not quite right since the team offered him the same bridge contract given to former 3rd overall pick and 20 year old all star Matt Duchene. Now Ryan was the one coming of his best season while Matt was coming off his worst, but Matt was more impressive and productive seasons 1 and most of season 2, so the team is standing firm on getting a similar bridge deal done now that Ryan has taken such a hardline stance trying to strongarm the team.

Plus it's gotten beyond money at this point, apparently the Avs said something that hurt Ryan's pride when his team came in with a 10 page document about how Ryan was one of the best defensive players of the past 25 years, then he signed in russia for 2 years, which you know pissed of Lacroix and co, and both sides have dug in. Still doesn't mean the Avs don't love Ryan on the ice and aren't wishing he had just followed Duchene's example, signed the bridge deal and went out to prove that they needed to give him a big long term deal.

As for the trade position, this is just my theory but I think the Avs are operating under the thinking that Ryan's value won't drop until well into this offseason when a team won't have to burn one of his RFA years on 20 some games, and more teams will be willing to shake up their rosters or be ready to make a move for a great young top 2 C. So they're in no hurry, and can afford to wait for Ryan to break. Thus the exorbitant asking prices, they Avs are fine with waiting until the summer so in the mean time they're asking for the moon in case someone wants to give it to them, and if no one does they'll wait until the summer, and then try to trade him again if he hasn't broken and signed the bridge deal by then.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:17 AM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Is a Stasny for Weiss deal possible?

Old
03-07-2013, 08:33 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
No.........

Old
03-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
Maybe back 2 or 3 years

Old
06-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Georgia Panther

Eric Gudbranson to Tampa for Third Overall Pick

A few other moves to look out for. Keep an eye on Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon. Like Roy in Denver, it would take an enormous offer to get the Panthers to move down from second overall. But will Tallon try to get another very high selection? A couple of teams say he'll give it a shot. One exec said he'd heard Florida and Tampa Bay were talking about an Erik Gudbranson for third-overall-pick deal. But the person I mentioned it to might still be laughing three days later. "Nothing to it," was the reply.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...spiration.html

Old
06-05-2013, 08:05 AM
Crossbar

Gudas and Gudbranson would pretty much guarantee one or all of Hubs/MacK/Drouin will end up on IR at some point whenever these teams meet, if given a choice, I'd rather move Kulikov instead.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Georgia Panther

I can think of a million reasons why this deal won't happen but I'll give you one reason that it could. Gudbranson is a big physical defenseman who likes to hit and take no prisoners. Problem is, the refs are penalizing him for exactly that type of play. If you believe the NHL is moving into a less physical phase, then Gudbranson could rapidly become a dinosaur of a past era trying to play in the modern NHL. A NHL that a blueliner must defend by positioning and not size and physical play. If you believe that, then trading Gudbranson would make sense. Of course you would have to find a team that believes that is a lot of hogwash to get value for him.

Old
06-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Crossbar

I'd rather Tallon put our resources into finding an established NHLer to groom these young players.

Old
06-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
I can think of a million reasons why this deal won't happen but I'll give you one reason that it could. Gudbranson is a big physical defenseman who likes to hit and take no prisoners. Problem is, the refs are penalizing him for exactly that type of play. If you believe the NHL is moving into a less physical phase, then Gudbranson could rapidly become a dinosaur of a past era trying to play in the modern NHL. A NHL that a blueliner must defend by positioning and not size and physical play. If you believe that, then trading Gudbranson would make sense. Of course you would have to find a team that believes that is a lot of hogwash to get value for him.
Luke Schenn had 187 hits this season and 34 PIMs in 48 games this yr and he didnt even lead the league in hits (though he was #1 for d-men for the 3rd yr in a row). Guys like Orpik & Seidenberg both had well over 100 hits this season. Gudbranson was barely in the top 50 in hits (with 80) this yr among d-men. So I dont really think its the league is going away from physical/hitting like you suggest. I think its just the learning curve that Gudbranson needs to understand which hits to go after and which to not, just requires experience to learn that and patience for us as a team. Unless a team is gonna do a swap like Schenn for JVR, I dont see Tallon moving Gudbranson.

The one thing I hope Guds improves on next yr is blocking shots as that is critical for him to become a top pairing d-man in the mold of guys like Orpik, Schenn, etc. Those guys are consistently in the top 10 in both hits & blocked shots and thats what we need from Gudbranson. Maybe he should take a few lessons from Weaver next yr to learn that aspect.

Old
06-05-2013, 10:09 AM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
??
This guy is 21 years old, I'm sure whatever happens he'll be able to adjust his play.
Sure the NHL is changing, but it will never change to the point where having a physical and punishing d-man is no good or useless.

Old
06-05-2013, 10:12 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

I trade Guds in a second if we could get MacKinnon and Jones, even if we get 2nd and 3rd, we still need Colorado to trade down to 3rd and take Drouin.

I sure there is nothing to this, maybe so talk, but its not gonna happen in a million years.

Closed Thread