HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bylsma/coaching staff discussion thread II

View Poll Results: So can Bylsma still lead them to the promised land?
Sure why not, Bylsma’s system is fine. The team will win another cup with him 40 33.33%
Nah, Bylsma has a better chance of winning dancing with the stars than another cup 80 66.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2013, 05:13 PM
  #151
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Turn on them? Not at all.

I think your interpretation of reality is a bit off. A lot of fans definitely WANTED to see Tangradi/Caputi succeed, but lets face it -- not all prospects pan out.

While Tangradi had size, pedigree, and a proven scoring knack.. he was an awful player at the NHL level. The guy did literally nothing and it was impossible to justify his spot in the lineup on a nightly basis.

Fans are smart enough to recognize when a player is a "dime a dozen" like Tangradi -- I call that smart analysis, not some sort of treason like you describe it. We watch enough hockey to recognize when a prospect is truly extraordinary or whether they're just an overhyped disappointment.

Personally, I don't think fans sharing their honest assessments of prospects classifies as "turning on them".

I really can't believe people are still ******** over trading Tangradi. Look - the guy (1) wasn't producing (2) wasn't developing (3) wasn't better than any other player on this roster and (4) looked completely lost throughout his whole tensure.

When you have a player with those characteristics, it makes sense to trade them to another team. It's a normal scenario that regularly plays out in the NHL and I don't understand why people can't seem to grasp this. Not all prospects can live up to the hype and expectations that we bestow on them. This won't be the first time and it won't be the last.

In Tangradi's case, he didn't even come *close* to expectations.

It happens. That's why they say the draft is a crapshoot.
As I said to UB44 already, I don't care if people want to say he didn't show enough. That's fine. I disagree. People say he got a fair shake. That's fine to. However, I disagree with that as well. If we all agreed this place would be boring.

I'm not losing any sleep over him being gone and I've stated a dozen times he wasn't even in my top five favorite prospects. However, the **** said about him over the years was so idiotic I kept jumping in to defend him, just like I did for three years with Kadri, even though I really don't care all that much for him.

The thing I don't respect is people calling Tangradi a ********, a POS, worthless, Tangradidiot, etc and their disdain for him oozes out of every idiotic word they type. Not just on here, but other msg boards I casually scan, article comments, talk show morons, etc. I've followed hockey prospects since I was 12 years old and never saw people act so ****ed up towards a Pens prospect.

Anyone who gets that bent out of shape over a 24 yr old trying to find his way in the NHL, really needs a life.

People WILL turn on BB if he struggles. I'm 100% sure of that. They are already seeing **** that isn't there. People tend to see ghosts when they want to see something badly enough.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:47 PM
  #152
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 44,211
vCash: 500
I doubt most reasonable people on the board hated Tangradi or were rooting for him to fail. I still think he might be able to carve out a career as a Brouwer-esque type somewhere down the line, I just don't think that as a contender we were obliged to give him any more opportunities than he already had, where he never consistently showed he deserved more minutes than he got.

He always had a good attitude and seemed like a fun guy, so on one hand I hope he can carve out a niche on a lesser team like Winnipeg that can afford to give him extended looks. On the other, knowing that it'll be used as fodder against Bylsma, I kind of hope he doesn't amount to anything worthwhile, haha.

That's probably where most people stand, I figure.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:48 PM
  #153
MtlPenFan
Registered User
 
MtlPenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
I just want them to play, that's all. Use your roster to motivate/rest your veterans while giving your unestablished players some ice time.

We lose players in this organization even before we know what the hell they even are as players. Why? Because all it says on their resume is "healthy scratch" or "assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton".

And if Myers isn't a good example, and Edmonton isn't a good example, then I guess you just don't want any examples of veteran players being healthy scratches this season. That means I can't use Alex Goligoski, either. Oh I forgot, not exactly a veteran. My bad.

Because to start with, you're cherry picking your arguments and comparing our "prospects" to those of teams with players that are blue chippers.

Do you even know who Myers was sat for? Was it for some shot in the dark prospect, or was it because for over a calender year he looks like he barely belongs in the league and has actually become a liability for a team who's struggling (again) to make the playoffs?

Okay, so you scoured the league and saw that Ryan Smyth was a healthy scratch. If you had been following more closely, you'd see that had just as much to do with him not only not producing, but taking stupid penalties because he can't keep up to anyone anymore. There's a difference between trying to light a fire under someone and sitting him because you have someone better waiting in the wings. Were that the case, he wouldn't have just sat out one game.

And I'll ask again: where are all our superstars in waiting like the Oilers have?

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:52 PM
  #154
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin4Top6Wingerz View Post
The point is that I've been consistent with my opinions on Tangradi. This wasn't a reversal in my position by any stretch.
So have I. Do we win a metal or some **** for being right?

Quote:
To be fair, I'm following Tangradi's journey also because I'd like to see if I'm right, too. If you feel strongly that a player isn't an NHL player and he pans out to be a legitimate top 9 guy, it might cause you to rethink your position on certain prospects. And if Tangradi turns out to be something, then perhaps you were right about a prospect just needing consistent minutes to flourish. I'm just skeptical based on what I've seen that Tangradi has what it takes to be even an average third liner in this league, and if he's anything less, then it wouldn't have been worth the effort to develop him anyways.
I thought Kraft was going to be a good player and it has caused me to be overly critical with players. Yet, I'm still wrong about tons of guys I watch.

Does it make a difference in my life when I'm right or wrong on these guys? No.

So who cares? It's a little disturbing you are so worried about being wrong/right.

Quote:
As long as he continues to show glimpses of what he's capable of people will continue to believe in him, including the coaches. Flubbing shots and mishandling the puck are signs of a prospect playing with nerves. It's nothing to be worried about from your skilled first round winger two games in.
No way.

It also doesn't mean he is showing anything either like I've seen several people claim.

Quote:
Playing on Winnipeg's third line with third line players doesn't exactly corroborate your theory that he'd break out on our fourth line given he'd already played there for an extended period and showed nothing. He's also only played two games and is hardly out of the woods yet. His best games with us were immediately after his call up. This is him looking to make another good first impression. Talk to me at season's end about how Tangradi developed into something useful instead of proclaiming him to have panned out for the Peg two scoreless games into his stay.
He never played extensively on the fourth line. I'm tired of arguing the matter when MB broke it down and facts were facts.

I honestly don't care to keep talking about him at the end of the year or next season.

I'm more concerned with how DB handles the youth that will be funneled through the system over the next several years.

Quote:
I'm just envisioning what the Tangradi excuse machine might come up with next. You're telling me that if Tangradi had gotten consistent fourth line minutes with guys like Craig Adams and Tanner Glass you'd be willing to write him off as a bust if he didn't put it together? Yeah, I'm gonna call BS on that.
I already explained how other prospects played in those roles and showed they weren't NHLers. Being obtuse is fun, right?

Quote:
Show me five whole games where Tangradi didn't look like a lost puppy out on the ice and you'll have a point. Ice time is handed out based on two things: what have you done for me and what have you done for me lately? He has done nothing to deserve a spot in the lineup, let alone get consistent minutes on a contending team.
He wasn't even allowed to have a period of good play without being benched for ten or fifteen minutes and you are rambling about how he needed to earn a spot.

How can you earn a spot when you do enough to earn another shift, but get sat for an entire period anyway? Then people say you did nothing in the game. No **** when you get six shifts a game.

Quote:
As I had predicted before, if you found such a thread it would be full of people calling OP a moron with Flyer fans chiming in that Schenn has actually looked good despite his slump. The entire point was that the vast majority of Flyer fans and anybody who knew anything about the game did not think Schenn was a bust. You're drawing a false parallel between people talking about Tangradi as a bust and Schenn when there are like, 3 people on HF who said that about Schenn. I hestitate to even consider it a minority opinion because that would at least entail getting 5-10% of people to support it.

Find me even a handful of posts where people are talking about Schenn like he doesn't have what it takes to play in the NHL like we see daily from Tangradi. I'm betting you come up empty handed.
Do you even stop to read the BS you spew.

"Oh you showed me a thread that I claimed didn't exist, now find this so I can keep stringing out my vanishing credibility." Please.

The thread was created because people were blasting Schenn on the R&T and prospects board. Just because you claim it wasn't happening, doesn't mean a damn thing. You claim no one said Schenn was a bust, yet anyone with common sense knows this thread was created for a reason. Keep digging that hole bro.

Quote:
I'm talking about this year, obviously. What has he done to get a spot over Jeffrey? Vitale? Hell, Craig Adams?
How many times do I have to point out that last season was when DB should of given him a chance and the minutes over washed up vets and waiver wire fodder.

He didn't want him on the team. The rumors and his actions made it an easy connection.

Quote:
It's mostly just entertaining to go back and forth with you. It's like you take the attacks on Tangradi's play and ability level personally.
I've defended way more prospects than just Tangradi on these boards. Unfortunately on the Pens board he was the sad obsession that crushed so many dreams.

Quote:
Last thing, what exactly do you consider legit ice time for a 4th liner? Tangradi's even strength ice time during his time as a Penguin is consistent with guys like Craig Adams and Arron Asham. He's not going to hit 12 minutes unless he plays on special teams or is double shifted throughout the game, at which point you're well past a typical fourth line role. Do elaborate on the kind of ice time Tangradi should have recieved on our fourth line that he didn't already.
I've explained it ad nauseum. I'm not doing it again.


Last edited by Mr Jiggyfly: 02-19-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:43 PM
  #155
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup
 
Malkin4Top6Wingerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 4,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
So have I. Do we win a metal or some **** for being right?
I hope so.

Quote:
So who cares? It's a little disturbing you are so worried about being wrong/right.
Worried? Hardly. Just an interested observer, s'all.

Quote:
It also doesn't mean he is showing anything either like I've seen several people claim.
He did in his first game. The second, not so much.

Quote:
He never played extensively on the fourth line. I'm tired of arguing the matter when MB broke it down and facts were facts.
When he played, that's mostly where he was, with a few stints in the top 9.

Quote:
I honestly don't care to keep talking about him at the end of the year or next season.
I'm betting you will though.
Quote:
I already explained how other prospects played in those roles and showed they weren't NHLers. Being obtuse is fun, right?
It's still a leap to believe that a die hard Tangradi supporter would come to that conclusion if he hasn't already, even if it's staring you straight in the face.

Quote:
He wasn't even allowed to have a period of good play without being benched for ten or fifteen minutes and you are rambling about how he needed to earn a spot.

How can you earn a spot when you do enough to earn another shift, but get sat for an entire period anyway? Then people say you did nothing in the game. No **** when you get six shifts a game.
I already showed that Tangradi got just as much even strength ice per game time as guys like Adams and Asham. How does that happen if he's constantly benched for every little mistake as you claim? You make it seem like he played 3 minutes a game for us.

Quote:
Do you even stop to read the BS you spew.

"Oh you showed me a thread that I claimed didn't exist, now find this so I can keep stringing out my vanishing credibility." Please.
Since you insist on making me out to be a liar, I'll just dig up my earlier posts and show you what was said.

From an earlier exchange between us in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy
I watched both Kadri and Schenn a ton last year and they looked like garbage, mostly. You can dig up all of the busts threads made about them if you like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Here's a thread from last year regarding Schenn, roughly 10 games into his career in Philly it appears. The general consensus was that he looked good in limited action despite dealing with injuries and not producing offensively.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...hlight=brayden

Another Schenn thread a month later:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...hlight=brayden

I'm sure there were a few morons labeling him a bust when he wasn't scoring right away, but those people are the minority. Most saw right away that Schenn had a ton of talent and it was only a matter of time before he put it all together.

I'll look at what the majority of Leafs fans had to say about Kadri later on if you'd like but I'm guessing it's more or less the same story. Needless to say that very few fans came into this season thinking Tangradi had shown glimpes of being able to develop into a top 6 forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy
Schenn was routinely getting 14-16 minutes TOI a game and still struggling. He looked like garbage, not one of the best fwd prospects around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin4Top6Wingerz
An opinion not shared by most people who watched him play last season, including myself. Quite the opposite in fact. Flyer fans were very pleased with how he was developing. Your insistance to the contrary is based on a few alleged threads were somebody called him a bust, which I can't seem to find anywhere but if I did would probably have a bunch of responses telling the OP that he's an idiot.
So, to summarize:

- You claimed there were thread(s) about Schenn being a bust, and that you yourself thought he looked like gabrage.

- I respond by saying that I'm sure a few people had called Schenn a bust when he wasn't scoring, but that it would only be a few random idiots who are to be ignored and that the overwhelming consensus from Flyer fans even when he was struggling to produce and couldn't stay healthy was that he was extremely talented and it was only a matter of time before he put everything together.

- You respond by insisting that Schenn, in your opinion, had looked like garbage, and referenced more bust threads that had popped up.

- I respond by once again referencing the overwhelming positive support for Schenn's future prospects in Philly from their own fans, and say that if such a bust thread did exist, that it would be filled with people mocking the thread starter. That is EXACTLY to the tee what happened in that one thread you linked.

Quote:
The thread was created because people were blasting Schenn on the R&T and prospects board. Just because you claim it wasn't happening, doesn't mean a damn thing. You claim no one said Schenn was a bust, yet anyone with common sense knows this thread was created for a reason. Keep digging that hole bro.
Now who's making **** up?

Quote:
How many times do I have to point out that last season was when DB should of given him a chance and the minutes over washed up vets and waiver wire fodder.
Do you think the only time a player can prove himself to his coach is during a game? The coaching staff sees him play every day in practice, where he must have been just as underwhelming as during actual games. This isn't NHL 13 where you throw a prospect in over a veteran because they both have crappy ratings but the former has 'potential'.

Quote:
He didn't want him on the team. The rumors and his actions made it an easy connection.
I'm not disputing that Bylsma wanted nothing to do with Tangradi, just the reasons behind it. He looked terrible for most of his time here.

What happens if BB continues to show glimpses of his potential, gets moved to the top 6 and becomes a fixture on a line with Sid or Geno? Will you finally admit that the reason Tangradi didn't flourish here was because of his own poor play?
Quote:
I've defended way more prospects than just Tangradi on these boards. Unfortunately on the Pens board he was the sad obsession that crushed so many dreams. Hence the pathetic venom spewed all over him.
Seems like you're all bent out of shape because a few people called Tangradi childish names and are lashing out at the people who are justly criticizing his play. Yeah, can you stop doing that?

Quote:
I've explained it ad nauseum. I'm not doing it again.
I must have missed that. What was it? Seeing as how you've repeated yourself on a million other things I think you can make an exception here, at the risk of looking like you're dodging a fairly straightforward question.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:28 PM
  #156
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?
 
Tender Rip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 12,697
vCash: 500
Weeeee! And I thought I could be obsessive!

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:00 PM
  #157
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin4Top6Wingerz View Post
I'm betting you will though
Find the last Tangradi thread I started. Good luck with that.

Do you see any threads I've made on Letestu, Strait, Moulson, etc since they left? Good luck with that as well.

Once again he is just another prospect to me like hundreds of others I've followed over the years.

I've defended Kadri way more than Tangradi on here over the last three years and as I said I'm not even that fond of him. If I see something in a prospect, I'm not flip flopping or changing my mind until he shows he can't handle the NHL.

You are the one who wants to prove you were right and wants to see Tangradi fail. I don't even want to see Schenn fail and he's a Flyer.

Quote:
It's still a leap to believe that a die hard Tangradi supporter would come to that conclusion if he hasn't already, even if it's staring you straight in the face.
I'm going to support a ton of other players in the future also, even when they struggle. I've done it for years and many times guys turn it around. Other times they don't.

You aren't under the assumption I'm going to stop doing that because I won't win a shinny metal like you, right?

Quote:
I already showed that Tangradi got just as much even strength ice per game time as guys like Adams and Asham. How does that happen if he's constantly benched for every little mistake as you claim? You make it seem like he played 3 minutes a game for us.
He most definitely got benched in numerous games. Claiming otherwise is disingenuous.

He never had legit fourth line minutes like Adams or Asham. There is a huge difference between having similar TOI and getting the same amount of games.

The facts show that Tangradi was never given a 15-20 game stint getting rolled over minutes on the fourth line.

Quote:
Since you insist on making me out to be a liar, I'll just dig up my earlier posts and show you what was said.

From an earlier exchange between us in another thread:


So, to summarize:

- You claimed there were thread(s) about Schenn being a bust, and that you yourself thought he looked like gabrage.

- I respond by saying that I'm sure a few people had called Schenn a bust when he wasn't scoring, but that it would only be a few random idiots who are to be ignored and that the overwhelming consensus from Flyer fans even when he was struggling to produce and couldn't stay healthy was that he was extremely talented and it was only a matter of time before he put everything together.

- You respond by insisting that Schenn, in your opinion, had looked like garbage, and referenced more bust threads that had popped up.

- I respond by once again referencing the overwhelming positive support for Schenn's future prospects in Philly from their own fans, and say that if such a bust thread did exist, that it would be filled with people mocking the thread starter. That is EXACTLY to the tee what happened in that one thread you linked.
Bro, read what you post. Stop. Then think.

You just posted your own words and showed you are full of ****. "Alleged thread" that "you can't seem to find". It took me five whole seconds to find it and your words most definitely suggest that you don't think they exist.

When I took five seconds to find this elusive thread for you, of course you try to move the goalposts to save face. Color me surprised.

Still trying to hold onto a shred of credibility you go back to claiming that through your dutiful research, you found that no Flyer fans called him a bust and that using your magic search powers, like "three people probably called him a bust".

Completely ignoring, again, where I said the Schenn attackers were lurking and making their posts. The kind of posts that prompted the thread I linked for you.

But.. Uh, the Philly fans said... Uh...

Quote:
Now who's making **** up?
Oh right, but the Philly fans said...

Quote:
Do you think the only time a player can prove himself to his coach is during a game? The coaching staff sees him play every day in practice, where he must have been just as underwhelming as during actual games. This isn't NHL 13 where you throw a prospect in over a veteran because they both have crappy ratings but the former has 'potential'.
Well I guess Noel didn't have those concerns.

Quote:
I'm not disputing that Bylsma wanted nothing to do with Tangradi, just the reasons behind it. He looked terrible for most of his time here.
Hence the term, patience.

Quote:
What happens if BB continues to show glimpses of his potential, gets moved to the top 6 and becomes a fixture on a line with Sid or Geno? Will you finally admit that the reason Tangradi didn't flourish here was because of his own poor play?
BB is getting legit minutes off the bat. DB ****ed up Tangradi's development. What's done is done.

If he develops these young guys left, I already said I would give him credit. I'm one of the few who stood in his corner this Summer, but I'm not going to agree with everything he does.

Quote:
Seems like you're all bent out of shape because a few people called Tangradi childish names and are lashing out at the people who are justly criticizing his play. Yeah, can you stop doing that?
I've had plenty of arguments with people over Tangradi and tons of other prospects and never cared who disagreed with me about any of these guys.

When people start calling a guy idiotic names because he didn't live up to their expectations, I have no respect for that.

If you think that's a reasonable thing to do, more power to you.

Quote:
I must have missed that. What was it? Seeing as how you've repeated yourself on a million other things I think you can make an exception here, at the risk of looking like you're dodging a fairly straightforward question.
You have apparently followed my pro Tangradi agenda, yet missed the plethora of times I explained what I consider legit fourth line minutes. Ok...

Trying to call me out never works. I've told you that tons of times, but you like to go to your little play book.

I'm not worried about your opinion. It's quite rare I ever reply to any of your initial posts not directed to me. Don't ever confuse my courtesy with respect for your opinion. I've told you that half a dozen times. I respect the opinion of a number of posters on here and skip through the rest. It makes it much easier to speed read these boards.

If you don't like my opinion on sticking with Tangradi, that DB botched his development, or anything else for that matter, scan past my posts like I do with your posts. It won't hurt my feelings. Promise.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:59 AM
  #158
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,151
vCash: 500
I'm enjoying this back-and-forth, and don't want to interrupt, just thought I'd throw this in: through 3 games, Tangradi averaging close to 14minutes/game. He's been promoted over his previous center (Wellwood only played 9 minutes to Tangradi's 13.5 last night). If you lurk the WPG PGTs, ET has been a positive in each of the games.

No points yet (He's Boychuk!!) but multiple SOG (something he failed to do with the Pens), physical, and fast.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:35 AM
  #159
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 30,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Weeeee! And I thought I could be obsessive!
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I'm enjoying this back-and-forth, and don't want to interrupt, just thought I'd throw this in: through 3 games, Tangradi averaging close to 14minutes/game. He's been promoted over his previous center (Wellwood only played 9 minutes to Tangradi's 13.5 last night). If you lurk the WPG PGTs, ET has been a positive in each of the games.

No points yet (He's Boychuk!!) but multiple SOG (something he failed to do with the Pens), physical, and fast.
Thanks for the update. I think you'll need a good dozen or so games to make a fair appraisal.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:42 PM
  #160
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 29,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Because to start with, you're cherry picking your arguments and comparing our "prospects" to those of teams with players that are blue chippers.

Do you even know who Myers was sat for? Was it for some shot in the dark prospect, or was it because for over a calender year he looks like he barely belongs in the league and has actually become a liability for a team who's struggling (again) to make the playoffs?

Okay, so you scoured the league and saw that Ryan Smyth was a healthy scratch. If you had been following more closely, you'd see that had just as much to do with him not only not producing, but taking stupid penalties because he can't keep up to anyone anymore. There's a difference between trying to light a fire under someone and sitting him because you have someone better waiting in the wings. Were that the case, he wouldn't have just sat out one game.

And I'll ask again: where are all our superstars in waiting like the Oilers have?
This is like talking to a woman. We're not communicating in the least. So I'll stop it right here.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:23 PM
  #161
Candyman
Registered User
 
Candyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 1,325
vCash: 500
Jumping on the Hire Lindy Ruff Bandwagon!

Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:27 PM
  #162
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Thanks for the update. I think you'll need a good dozen or so games to make a fair appraisal.
I totally agree. Actually, probably more. But I do find it interesting that he's playing exactly as we all hoped it would immediately following his trade.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:02 PM
  #163
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup
 
Malkin4Top6Wingerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 4,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Find the last Tangradi thread I started. Good luck with that.
Don't need to. This thread wasn't even about Tangradi, but as soon as he became a point of discussion you popped in to defend the little guy. Kind of cute, I thought.

Quote:
You are the one who wants to prove you were right and wants to see Tangradi fail. I don't even want to see Schenn fail and he's a Flyer.
I don't have an agenda against Tangradi as much as I do the notion that he didn't get a fair shake from the org.

Quote:
He most definitely got benched in numerous games. Claiming otherwise is disingenuous.
Couldn't have been as often as you seem to believe based on his TOI. The math doesn't add up.

Quote:
He never had legit fourth line minutes like Adams or Asham. There is a huge difference between having similar TOI and getting the same amount of games.
In the games he played he absolutely got comparable minutes. He didn't consistently earn a spot in the lineup, true, but that was again because he underwhelmed the coaches during both games and practice alike.

Why do you believe that Bylsma didn't like Tangradi? Do you think it was a personal beef, an aversion to young players, or because he didn't play well? I'm obviously of the belief that Tangradi's lackluster play put him in Bylsma's doghouse, but I'm sure you have a different take.

Quote:
The facts show that Tangradi was never given a 15-20 game stint getting rolled over minutes on the fourth line.
Yes, because as we all know, consistent shifts with talent like Craig Adams, Arron Asham, and Tanner Glass are crucial to developing forward prospects. If Tangradi doesn't pan out with those guys, toss him to the wolves I say.

Quote:
Bro, read what you post. Stop. Then think.

You just posted your own words and showed you are full of ****. "Alleged thread" that "you can't seem to find". It took me five whole seconds to find it and your words most definitely suggest that you don't think they exist.

When I took five seconds to find this elusive thread for you, of course you try to move the goalposts to save face. Color me surprised.

Still trying to hold onto a shred of credibility you go back to claiming that through your dutiful research, you found that no Flyer fans called him a bust and that using your magic search powers, like "three people probably called him a bust".

Completely ignoring, again, where I said the Schenn attackers were lurking and making their posts. The kind of posts that prompted the thread I linked for you.

But.. Uh, the Philly fans said... Uh...
Alright, so I just did a proper search of the whole site using the keywords 'Schenn' and 'bust' in the title. There was one result, the thread you linked earlier, where not one single person said he was a bust, with responses like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaSteak View Post
Why is this thread atrocious?

There is not a single person saying he is a bust.

This thread has literally invented a faction of people that supposedly called him a bust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
This, this and this. HFboards has literally 100,000 members and 37,000,000 posts, there are going to be people who are positive and negative about literally every player in the league. Do we really need a new thread every time a few of those 100,000 members make a slightly negative post about a young player? The "HFboards consensus" about Brayden Schenn is NOT that he's a bust, most people are pretty positive about him, the OP is just way too touchy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
So wait, if OP doesn't think he's a bust and most of the people posting don't think he's a bust, why is there a thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
It's now the Brayden Schenn appreciation thread.
And for good measure, the OP reappears to clear things up after being flamed mercilessly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
I forgot what an unbelievable joke this site can be. for the last ******* time I DO NOT THINK SCHENN IS A BUST! He is my favorite damn player on the team this year. Sheesh sorry I asked a damn question.
A google search for "brayden schenn bust" returned one relevant result. You guessed it, that same exact thread shown above. Nothing else. So where as these other threads? You referenced several of them.

Dude, just cut your losses on this. Next to nobody believed that Schenn was a bust at any point during his time in Philly. Denying that any longer is just digging a bigger hole to bury yourself in.



Quote:
Well I guess Noel didn't have those concerns.
Burn! Yeah he's been great with the Jets. Maybe another 20 games and he'll register his first goal of the season. Boy will we be kicking ourselves when that happens!

Quote:
BB is getting legit minutes off the bat. DB ****ed up Tangradi's development. What's done is done.
Tangradi got 14 minutes in his first game with the Penguins and the following season averaged > 11 minutes over 15 games. Bennett has averaged 12 over his first two games. Spare me.

Quote:
When people start calling a guy idiotic names because he didn't live up to their expectations, I have no respect for that.

If you think that's a reasonable thing to do, more power to you.
JFC, nobody in this discussion and certainly not me called Tangradi any derogatory names, nor did any of us condone it. Take that ******** somewhere else.

Quote:
You have apparently followed my pro Tangradi agenda, yet missed the plethora of times I explained what I consider legit fourth line minutes. Ok...
Making an educated guess here, legit 4th line minutes to you involves playing dozens of games without being scratched or benched. How many minutes per game do you believe is fair for a fourth liner that doesn't play special teams?

Quote:
Trying to call me out never works. I've told you that tons of times, but you like to go to your little play book.
I provided all of the evidence anybody needs to see that you were full of ****. If that's me failing you call you out, I'd like to know what successfully calling you out would look like.

Quote:
I'm not worried about your opinion. It's quite rare I ever reply to any of your initial posts not directed to me. Don't ever confuse my courtesy with respect for your opinion. I've told you that half a dozen times. I respect the opinion of a number of posters on here and skip through the rest. It makes it much easier to speed read these boards.

If you don't like my opinion on sticking with Tangradi, that DB botched his development, or anything else for that matter, scan past my posts like I do with your posts. It won't hurt my feelings. Promise.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:33 PM
  #164
Syrinx
Heh...
 
Syrinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cary, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
This team is missing some heart and soul guys like Talbot also.
This is among the biggest problems in my opinion.

Think of Maltby and Draper on the Wings for all those years and look what's happened to the Wings since they left. Talbot was like those guys. We don't have any of those guys now with the possible exception of Vitale but he's not that guy yet.

Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:36 PM
  #165
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Transitional Period
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoryville
Country: United States
Posts: 25,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
Jumping on the Hire Lindy Ruff Bandwagon!
FOILED. You beat me to it.

In all seriousness though Ruff is one of the most legendary line-jugglers of all time. He would drive fans bananas.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:09 PM
  #166
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup
 
Malkin4Top6Wingerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 4,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
FOILED. You beat me to it.

In all seriousness though Ruff is one of the most legendary line-jugglers of all time. He would drive fans bananas.
Every coach drives their fans bananas, it seems. I honestly don't think there's anybody this fanbase would be happy with.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:30 PM
  #167
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 29,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrinx View Post
This is among the biggest problems in my opinion.

Think of Maltby and Draper on the Wings for all those years and look what's happened to the Wings since they left. Talbot was like those guys. We don't have any of those guys now with the possible exception of Vitale but he's not that guy yet.
Then what the hell are Tanner Glass and Craig Adams, and Tyler Kennedy and Matt Cooke doing on this team?

I certainly don't think we are missing the likes of Maxime Talbot or don't have enough Kirk Maltby's and Kris Draper's on this team.

If anything, we have too many.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:46 PM
  #168
Syrinx
Heh...
 
Syrinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cary, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Then what the hell are Tanner Glass and Craig Adams, and Tyler Kennedy and Matt Cooke doing on this team?

I certainly don't think we are missing the likes of Maxime Talbot or don't have enough Kirk Maltby's and Kris Draper's on this team.

If anything, we have too many.
Those guys do not bring the same thing to games as Maltby and Draper. Sorry.

Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:48 PM
  #169
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 29,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrinx View Post
Those guys do not bring the same thing to games as Maltby and Draper. Sorry.
That may be so, but we have enough of that ilk. If we didn't get it right, so be it.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:41 AM
  #170
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin4Top6Wingerz View Post
Don't need to. This thread wasn't even about Tangradi, but as soon as he became a point of discussion you popped in to defend the little guy. Kind of cute, I thought.



I don't have an agenda against Tangradi as much as I do the notion that he didn't get a fair shake from the org.



Couldn't have been as often as you seem to believe based on his TOI. The math doesn't add up.



In the games he played he absolutely got comparable minutes. He didn't consistently earn a spot in the lineup, true, but that was again because he underwhelmed the coaches during both games and practice alike.

Edited for excessive rambling
I've never seen a poster who was told something on numerous occasions, but it didn't sink in, as much as I've seen with you. You continue to mistake courtesy with respect. Then you ramble on thinking you are going to have an impact on what I think. I'm not sure what ever gave you the idea I value your opinion.

It's kind of cute in a desperate way.

I didn't have to read two pages of your rambling and BS to understand your agenda is to hope that Tangradi fails so you can say you were right and thump that chest. I always prefer to be wrong on guys like Stone, Caputi, Filewich, CPZ, etc and see them succeed, even with another team.

Collect that metal, boss.

Your opinion =


Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:56 PM
  #171
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup
 
Malkin4Top6Wingerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 4,953
vCash: 500
You've made a wise decision Jiggy. Making a condescending final post and bowing out of this thread is about the best you could've done in this situation. In the meantime ..


Malkin4Top6Wingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:59 PM
  #172
UnderratedBrooks44
Registered User
 
UnderratedBrooks44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Miranda's house
Posts: 12,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrinx View Post
This is among the biggest problems in my opinion.

Think of Maltby and Draper on the Wings for all those years and look what's happened to the Wings since they left. Talbot was like those guys. We don't have any of those guys now with the possible exception of Vitale but he's not that guy yet.
I know salaries inflate, but we've got Glass for $1 million and Talbot's over there for $1.5 mil. What a difference a half a million makes. I can't personally blame Shero. I wouldn't've paid that. Talbot looked shot from injuries. Obviously one team knew what they were doing and the other didn't though.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 05:02 PM
  #173
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,151
vCash: 500
guys, guys guys... if you stop now, we all lose!

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 05:20 PM
  #174
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin4Top6Wingerz View Post
You've made a wise decision Jiggy. Making a condescending final post and bowing out of this thread is about the best you could've done in this situation. In the meantime ..

Still desperate for validity...

School is out, playboy.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 05:26 PM
  #175
MtlPenFan
Registered User
 
MtlPenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Still desperate for validity...

School is out, playboy.
If Tangradi continues down the path of irrelevance, will you concede, or still blame the Penguins?

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.