HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dmitri Jaskin - Signed to 3 year deal by Blues

Old
02-13-2013, 07:17 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 500
I wonder how management feels about Jaskin and how that will affect how we handle Stewart.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:30 AM
Alklha

Looks like Jaškin will miss both games this weekend due to suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I wonder how management feels about Jaskin and how that will affect how we handle Stewart.
I think the decision on Stewart is mainly down to finances, and asset management, rather than Jaškin.

Jaškin and Rattie will probably both start in Peoria, and hopefully one will force their way onto the Blues team before the end of 2013.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

So I should expect Jaskin and Rattie in the AHL by seasons end?

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Mike Liut

vCash: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 View Post
Okay, I love the idea of a Jaskin-Backes-Oshie line and a Perron-Berglund-Tarasenko line. The only problem is where we put Schwartz because I feel like a line with McD and Schwartz would be too small, even if paired with Stewart or Steen.

Maybe we should just scrap the fourth line idea and just have a number one line and 3 second lines. I mean it works in NHL 12, that's real life, right?

I doubt the Blues will be able to afford Amac with several other players needing resigned.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by reavesthemaniac View Post
There is no chance Rattie will be there.

If Peoria can somehow make the playoffs, then Jaškin could very well end up on the team. I wouldn't hold my breath on the former though.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:55 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reavesthemaniac View Post
Id say no as Peoria won't be making the playoffs.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:49 AM
stlweir

Looks like a 1 game suspension for a hit to the head.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:13 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Here's an article on the hit. No suspension length announced but it's an indefinite one. Already sat out tonight.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Here's an article on the hit. No suspension length announced but it's an indefinite one. Already sat out tonight.
According to the QMJHL web site's "Discipline" section, Jaskin got three games for the hit...

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:23 PM
BlueDream

Strick says the Blues could be closing to signing him and he could challenge for an NHL roster spot next season. Pretty cool.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Strick says the Blues could be closing to signing him and he could challenge for an NHL roster spot next season. Pretty cool.

That would rule

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:36 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

There's no doubt the Blues intend to sign him to an ELC. He will come to camp. If he wins a job, he wins a job. That's not really news.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:37 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Hopefully his Czech team doesn't make it a pain in the ass to sign him.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:01 PM
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME

I'm not sure if Stewart or schwartz should be more worried about his emergence. If he keeps this up and mcdonald doesn't retire he could very well bump schwartz out of the top nine. and we could go with a massive POWERFUL 3rd line in jaskin-bergy-stewart. think about the size on that line lol

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:52 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
There's no doubt the Blues intend to sign him to an ELC. He will come to camp. If he wins a job, he wins a job. That's not really news.
Oh okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44
I'm not sure if Stewart or schwartz should be more worried about his emergence. If he keeps this up and mcdonald doesn't retire he could very well bump schwartz out of the top nine. and we could go with a massive POWERFUL 3rd line in jaskin-bergy-stewart. think about the size on that line lol
I think we should let McDonald go.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:49 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
ditto. I don't think he is long for this world...maybe next year's Langenbrunner, if he does stay

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:30 AM
CitizenSnips
TheFightingMongooses

Quote:

I hate to admit it, but I think you are right. His time may just be up.

CitizenSnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:45 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
ditto. I don't think he is long for this world...maybe next year's Langenbrunner, if he does stay
C'mon man, McDonald is no Langs, but I will admit Andy is getting up there in years, concussion prone... I wonder if Armstrong is thinking this as well

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenSnips View Post
I hate to admit it, but I think you are right. His time may just be up.
Yeah, not sure I see the Blues putting a lot of money into trying to resign him. A small 37 year old with a long injury history isnt someone I want to put a lot of money into. Petro, Shattenkirk, Stewart and Berglund will need new contracts too.

Guys are ready to step into his spot, it just doesnt seem like a great fit past this season.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
There is next to no chance at all that our entire forward group will be back next season.

On McDonald... everything basically hinges on how the organisation views Chris Stewart in the long term. If we think it is the right time to trade Stewart, then I think we'll offer McDonald a 1 year deal. That leaves us with an abundance of LW's and might force Perron to the RW in the short term though.

It is all about asset management. If the team are convinced that Jaškin/Rattie is close to the NHL and that Chris Stewart's value is at a high... you should move Stewart and retain the veteran short term to let the prospect finish his development.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:36 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

well, if Amac would be gone and Jaskin coming in we'd have one rookie, 2 sophomores and just one guy over 30 on board at the forward positions.
I am just guessing but if the management thinks we are a serious contender I don't think they like the lack of leadership and veteranship upfront.

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:19 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Oh okay!
Did you think the Blues weren't planning to sign him to an ELC or something?

Old
02-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
well, if Amac would be gone and Jaskin coming in we'd have one rookie, 2 sophomores and just one guy over 30 on board at the forward positions.
I am just guessing but if the management thinks we are a serious contender I don't think they like the lack of leadership and veteranship upfront.
Lack of leadership and veteranship upfront for next year? Just because we have a bunch of young players doesn't mean they haven't been around long enough. David Backes is our captain and Steen another captain. I think he's had his time here to help lead by example for the kids, but a lot of the kids are now men after playing in this league as long as they have.

Sure some may still be 24-27 years old but they've also been playing in this league for 5 years, some with veteran leadership such as Tkzchuk, Kariya, McDonald, etc.

McDonald's time has passed, he's been getting weaker with the puck and hasn't done a whole lot this season. You can tell he is frightened to get hit in fear of another concussion but that's not someone we need for our type of game we play. McDonald is simply too small, too injury prone, too old, and costs too much to be on this Blues team next year.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
Its a young mans game, we have players with, for the most part, have good heads on their respective shoulders. We have good leaders in the room too, Backes, Steen and Jackman are a real strong vet presence in the room. I dont think there is a ton of immaturity in the room either, even Oshie has seemed to settle down a bit.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:55 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Ok guys, leadership was the wrong word, experience would have been better I guess

Anyway, my point still stands. I like our youngsters as much as everyone here but look at last years POs:
Who was our leading scorer?
Hint: he wears a ring
And while Langenbrunners stats don't look as good he was one of the better players when things went bad against LA. He hit, fought, was vocal and led by example.

No doubt Steen and Backes are good leaders and no doubt this theory team would be a good regular season team but I don't think its enough to win a cup.

Maybe its all different after this season and after a deep run but if not, then IMO the forward corps would be too inexperienced

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote