HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-ott

Old
02-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Absolutely terrible for the Sens.

Anderson > Hemsky.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:42 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilfverFoppaBerg View Post
Hemsky has only played more then 71 games 4 times in a 10 year NHL career. Regardless of how he has started off this season, his skill is obviously there, but based on currrent level of play hes not worth Anderson. If Hart voting was tomorrow Anderson would be in contention to win it. Hemksy leading a soso Oilers team in goals isnt overly impressive... Anderson dominating with half an AHL team is.
Average games played in the NHL is below 71, just so you know. And that doesn't count short term call ups, thats injury related games played.

Anderson dominating for less than 15 games isn't some huge feat, lots of goalies have hot streaks. Nobody is saying Anderson sucks, by the way, just that its not worth us trading a top line winger for a slight upgrade in net. We're fine with Dubnyk.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:44 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
We don't need Anderson. Dubnyk and Khabibulin have both been solid.

And Hemsky has been great. Not the type of deal we'd want for him.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:08 AM
oilinblood

we have been averaging.... like 2 goals a game per 60 minutes...maybe 1.8 other than the odd game where we shot our load. We have difficulty scoring 5 on 5.
Yeah...goaltending is the issue.

Under this circumstance (of needing offense desperately) I can totally see why OP would trade our leading goal scorer for a goalie. Anderson obviously can get us 30 goals while backstopping this atrocious borderline AHL defence.

Last edited by oilinblood: 02-20-2013 at 07:13 AM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:33 AM
Cujomi
Leeuw YNWA Ddraig

I wouldn't trade Anderson for anyone on Edmonton. I wouldn't trade Anderson for almost anyone in the league outside of a package for Tavares, Stamkos, Crosby or Malkin.

Quote:
Under this circumstance (of needing offense desperately) I can totally see why OP would trade our leading goal scorer for a goalie. Anderson obviously can get us 30 goals while backstopping this atrocious borderline AHL defence.
Have you seen what he's been doing in Ottawa? Lol. Edmonton has scored 4 less goals in 2 less games. Where do you think the problem is by comparison?

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:47 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
I wouldn't trade Anderson for anyone on Edmonton. I wouldn't trade Anderson for almost anyone in the league outside of a package for Tavares, Stamkos, Crosby or Malkin.

Have you seen what he's been doing in Ottawa? Lol. Edmonton has scored 4 less goals in 2 less games. Where do you think the problem is by comparison?
Defence and a pitiful bottom 6. I didnt say he was a bad goalie, I said our issues arent in the net. Take a look at our 5 on 5 +/- its by far dead last, and 5 on 5 GF total, shot differential has also been an issue and scoring chance differential --showing we give up shots in good areas. If you are going to use stats use ones that are intelligent... we sure do have a good PP.

i like how you used-- "lol" -as the hidden proverbial side jab to insinuate a persons lack of posting validity. You are so smart though. Shame for me not being on your level of hockey intelligence. *bows*

Last edited by oilinblood: 02-20-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old
02-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Cujomi
Leeuw YNWA Ddraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
Defence and a pitiful bottom 6. I didnt say he was a bad goalie, I said our issues arent in the net. Take a look at our 5 on 5 +/- its by far dead last, and 5 on 5 GF total, shot differential has also been an issue and scoring chance differential --showing we give up shots in good areas. If you are going to use stats use ones that are intelligent... we sure do have a good PP.

i like how you used-- "lol" -as the hidden proverbial side jab to insinuate a persons lack of posting validity. You are so smart though. Shame for me not being on your level of hockey intelligence. *bows*
It wasn't an off-handed jab at anyone. It was a laugh because of the ridiculousness of what Anderson is doing in Ottawa. However this is the internet where everyone thinks everything is a personal attack on them.

Anyway, my point was that look at Ottawa's defence and look at their goals against. The difference between Edmonton and Ottawa right now is a coach and a goalie. Edmonton has way more offensive weapons and their defence isn't much worse than Ottawa's right now. Anderson is just playing on another level. He doesn't need to score 30 goals for you; he can keep your goals against down which is where you are having a real issue.

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:45 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
It wasn't an off-handed jab at anyone. It was a laugh because of the ridiculousness of what Anderson is doing in Ottawa. However this is the internet where everyone thinks everything is a personal attack on them.

Anyway, my point was that look at Ottawa's defence and look at their goals against. The difference between Edmonton and Ottawa right now is a coach and a goalie. Edmonton has way more offensive weapons and their defence isn't much worse than Ottawa's right now. Anderson is just playing on another level. He doesn't need to score 30 goals for you; he can keep your goals against down which is where you are having a real issue.
I would prefer going heavily on to acquiring a solid heavy RHDlike Johnny Boychuk and a big bottom 6 centre who can PK and win draws but can play wing for a few shifts on a top 6 line if we get into a grinding game and the coach sees a situation where he needs a shift from a big body on one of those top lines.
Personally i feel the holes we have have been obvious - defense, particularly right side, bottom six f and forwards size.
The biggest issue is 5 on 5 differential... 4 gems, sorry 5 gems in - ebs hall rnh yaks and jschultz should make your pp potent so that is not where the issue is. 5 on 5 we are worst in the league. I dont think the goalie is the reason we are terrible 5 on 5 , giving up the most scoring chances and a terrible shot differential.

If I am a GM i would think my job is to build a solid team... not a team full of holes that i pray for a goalie to save their butts all game every game. Anderson has been great but i have watched the games and Ottawa actually seems to be more or less on the same page where-as the Oilers are still trying to get the basics of their coverage down. This is why Fistric (good pick up BY MACT ---it was his call not Tambo) is not playing the right side; he is not comfortable being on his wrong side with new teammates and a new system that not even the returning players have fully adapted to yet.

IMHO i would flip 1st's and send Petry to Boston for Boychuk and maybe add to get Caron put in
and
send Marincin, Jones to NYR for Boyle and a 3rd

From an Edmonton point of view...those are the types of assets we now need. Dubnyk is fine.

Last edited by oilinblood: 02-20-2013 at 08:56 AM.