HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hossa

Old
02-19-2013, 11:58 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

vCash: 500
hes a joke just like that entire organization...

InTOEWSweTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:02 AM
GGGHawks18

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTOEWSweTrust View Post
hes a joke just like that entire organization...
I agree. They at least had 3 plays that were very cheap.

1. Hansen's hit to Hossa's head obviously.
2. The run at Sharp from behind by Hamhuis.
3. Sharp splitting the D and after the play, skating back and Bieksa slashes Sharp in the back.

Canucks will never win with the current group that they have and the coach that abides by this kind of play. Disgusted.

GGGHawks18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:07 AM
featherhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGHawks18 View Post
I agree. They at least had 3 plays that were very cheap.

1. Hansen's hit to Hossa's head obviously.
2. The run at Sharp from behind by Hamhuis.
3. Sharp splitting the D and after the play, skating back and Bieksa slashes Sharp in the back.

Canucks will never win with the current group that they have and the coach that abides by this kind of play. Disgusted.
don't forget ballard crosscheck on toews into the net....

featherhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:11 AM
GGGHawks18

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherhawk View Post
Forgot that one. I'm sure there's more too that we just couldn't see.

GGGHawks18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:11 AM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherhawk View Post
I just don't like them, I don't have to either, I will relish every game they lose and every Tear they shed

On a lighter note hopefully hossa takes a few games off and is fine, we saw what happened last year without him in the playoffs, you just cannot replace him...I know our depth seems to be better this year but still...

InTOEWSweTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:57 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Hansen aka "The Danish Dirtbag", you don't cheapshot a guy who almost had his head ripped off just last Spring. You want redemption on Keith then go after Keith at least he hasn't had his brains scrambled. So glad for the win and the streak lives to fight another day.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:46 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Dirty hit. He will be sitting a few games. Hope Hossa is alright.

Vancouver found the one way to stop him.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:53 AM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Christ...give everyone who's ailing some rest and call up the kids. This season sees a lot of games played in a short time, immediately followed by a similar grind in the playoffs. Hoss,Seabrook, Crawford....let 'em rest. As someone else pointed, we have some loses to burn. We're 1/3 of the way through the season and haven't lost yet. Let some of Rockford's finest come up and get a sniff.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:13 AM
Oh_so_saad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
Christ...give everyone who's ailing some rest and call up the kids. This season sees a lot of games played in a short time, immediately followed by a similar grind in the playoffs. Hoss,Seabrook, Crawford....let 'em rest. As someone else pointed, we have some loses to burn. We're 1/3 of the way through the season and haven't lost yet. Let some of Rockford's finest come up and get a sniff.
in for rockford call ups

im not one to wish harm on players but hansen the danish dirtbag needs to be handled or dealt some of his own medicine. I hope he puts his head down for just one second and the cleaniest most nastiest hit ever is laid on him

Oh_so_saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:34 AM
Blue Liner

So much for this rivalry fading.

As for the hit, even if it wasn't intentional it's still a reckless and dirty hit. You're still accountable for what your body does, intentional or not.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:37 AM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
Don't tell me what I can't say. It looked to me like Hansen was taking advantage of the situation to make it look like he was going toward the puck but his intention was to hit Hossa - in the back of the head - with his forearm.

It is no coincidence that Hansen and other Canucks play dirty - it is condoned and accepted throughout the organization and has been for years. And then Keith goes and does his dirty cheap shot and that's all Canuck fans talk about. Remember Mitchell blasting into Toews and giving him a concussion. Remember Torres cheap shotting Seabrook and giving him a concussion. Not to mention all the other shenanigans that Canuck players like Burrows, Bieksa, Edler and others have pulled over the last few years. But yet all we hear about is Keith is a dirty player.
Don't mind me, this part just bothered me. Mitchell is a warrior and doesn't play dirty, at all. He plays a hard physical game, but clean.

I can say that was a clean hit, but I can't really defend the other crap, lol.

Luuuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:42 AM
TamaTavares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
So much for this rivalry fading.

As for the hit, even if it wasn't intentional it's still a reckless and dirty hit. You're still accountable for what your body does, intentional or not.
Agreed. I wouldn't say it was intentional, but it was very reckless. Seeing Hoss laying there in practically the same spot as the Torres hit gave me goosebumps. Hope it isn't as serious as we all think.

TamaTavares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:45 AM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuuongo View Post
Don't mind me, this part just bothered me. Mitchell is a warrior and doesn't play dirty, at all. He plays a hard physical game, but clean.

I can say that was a clean hit, but I can't really defend the other crap, lol.
Yeah that Mitchell hit was a good hit, if I recall. Unfortunate for us as Hawks fans that it was Toews that was smoked, but that was a good hit if I remember correctly and furthermore I'm almost positive Toews stated the same publicly.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:45 AM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
Don't tell me what I can't say. It looked to me like Hansen was taking advantage of the situation to make it look like he was going toward the puck but his intention was to hit Hossa - in the back of the head - with his forearm.

It is no coincidence that Hansen and other Canucks play dirty - it is condoned and accepted throughout the organization and has been for years. And then Keith goes and does his dirty cheap shot and that's all Canuck fans talk about. Remember Mitchell blasting into Toews and giving him a concussion. Remember Torres cheap shotting Seabrook and giving him a concussion. Not to mention all the other shenanigans that Canuck players like Burrows, Bieksa, Edler and others have pulled over the last few years. But yet all we hear about is Keith is a dirty player.
The Mitchell hit was clean. (Toews agreed.)

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Mouse21*

the canucks are ********. hope he is alright.

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Cullksinikers

Every time this thread title gets bolded due to a new post, I anticipate an update and get nervous.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:29 AM
Sevanston

I think he'll be back in a week or two, with some of that time just being for the safe side.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Illinihockey

I don't think you'll hear anything out of the Hawks. Best thing we could hear is day to day. I don't see you'll see him until the Edmonton game at the earliest.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:35 AM
Cullksinikers

Illini is spot on. I am just hoping for the "He was feeling better today" quote.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:41 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

From the video, it appears Hossa was responding to the trainers when he was laying out on the ice so I dont think he wasnt fully concussed if thats the right term. Hoping its minor and hes back soon.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:45 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
From the video, it appears Hossa was responding to the trainers when he was laying out on the ice so I dont think he wasnt fully concussed if thats the right term. Hoping its minor and hes back soon.
That's what I thought as well. The thing that worried me after that, Pat and Eddie said he pinballed into the locker room after they took the camera off him. That got me a little more worried again, as I'm sure we've all seen guys initially get up from a concussion and walk a straight line.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:48 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
I don't think that concussions symptoms always show up right away. Take Landeskog for example - after he was hit earlier this year, he came back and played again in the same game.

I just won't feel better until they say Hossa is playing again.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:24 PM
CalgaryNuck

For a guy with his history getting a jolt in the back of the head like that can't be good.

I would expect he's out a minimum of a week even if there are no symptoms.

I wish the camera angle of the hit was better, it's hard to tell if the point of contact was the back of his head or the base of his neck.

CalgaryNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:40 PM
grN1g

when i first saw the hit i thought hossa was diving... it looks like hansen gets all his helmet and then hossa just falls foward with his gloves waiting to catch his face before he hits the ice.

anyway obviously thats not the case, hossa's on my fantasy team and i need him back asap! congrats on the win btw hawk fans

grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:46 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
I got very, very upset watching that. It was in no way a hockey move. He gave him a forearm in the back of the head. Pathetic move especially to a player with concussion history.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote