HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 14: Kings vs. Oilers - 2/19/13 - Regulation Win!

Old
02-20-2013, 05:45 AM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
I don't understand the Kopitar hate. I've seen every professional game he's ever played and he's clearly nursing some nagging injury. There was a specific play tonight where he got tied up in the corner, had all his weight pushed to one leg, and his knee just buckled from under him. He's still playing with a knee brace. His strength simply isn't there. Yes, I'd like to see him play better and yes there are no excuses, but an injury is an injury. Dude is not 100%.

What's Brown's excuse? Unless he's nursing injuries, as well, he's gone back to same old Brown - terrible shot, turnovers, falling down all the time. For a captain that's allegedly 100% physically and who we've SEEN play like a total stud, he's been a mess.

You are seeing the Same Brown the kings have had for years now.

The guy is a streaky Winger, we have this conversation every single year.

Brown is who he is. A streaky Winger.

The guy has never been Consistent in his career. EVER.

So why would that change now ?

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:53 AM
damacles1156

I will set the script for you guys, stop me if you have seen this before about Brown.

Brown will continue to suck for 10 or so more games.

Someone will post if he deserves to be the Captain.

Someone will post if he should be traded, or is he worth 3.5 mill.

Than about game 25 or 28, as if a light switch got flipped.

Brown will hit everything and everyone (including mascots). Every puck he puts on net goes in, every pass he makes is tape to tape.

Everyone will say "WOW what a Captain, Brown is Awesome"

Seen it before ?

Happens every year.

Last edited by damacles1156: 02-20-2013 at 06:20 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:05 AM
KingsFan7824

It's easier to just not have any offensive expectations for any individual on the team, or the team itself. Injuries, not enough talent, style of play, whatever it is, the Kings will have to grind it out each and every game, with no margin for error.

KingsFan7824 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:07 AM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I will set the script for you guys, stop me if you have seen this before about Brown.

Brown will continue to suck for 10 or so more games.

Someone will post if he deserves to be the Captain.

Someone will post if he should be traded, or is he worth 3.5 mill.

Than about game 25 or 28, as if a light switch got flipped.

Brown will hit everything and everyone (including mascots). Every puck he puts on net goes in, every pass he makes is tape to tape.

Everyone will say "WOW what a Captain, Brown is Awesome"

Seen it before ?

Happens every year.
Haha. I couldn't agree more.

Brown's top end game consists of being uber physical, which gives him and his line space. The problem is that style of play is unsustainable, for Brown or anyone else because you'd wear yourself out by the time playoffs came around. There's a reason you can't play at a playoff level for 100 games.

Don't worry guys, come playoff time, Brownie will turn it up a couple notches.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT8888 View Post
anyone else think Hall isnt that good?
Nope this game made me realize how good he is going to be. He was penetrating us easier than a drunk girl on prom. Actually in the first all of the oilers were. Hall was hitting and had a lot of good scoring attempts. Very noticable game.
QUICK PLAYED LIKE QUICK!!

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Scottkmlps

I've never seen a team cherry pick as much as the Oilers. The play is going on in the Oilers zone and Yakupov is sitting up between the blue & red lines. Even Hemsky was doing it. That team isn't going to go to far when you've got forwards that ignore the defensive aspect of the game.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YANNIC44 View Post
And yet Gagne gets his 3rd healthy scratch.....
I would way rather have Gagne on ice than Penner. If LA is not goign to use Gagne than mayeb he can be used to bring in some decent D to help us out there.

Overal I do not like Muzzin but there was one shift that he was purely dominent in.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
I've never seen a team cherry pick as much as the Oilers. The play is going on in the Oilers zone and Yakupov is sitting up between the blue & red lines. Even Hemsky was doing it. That team isn't going to go to far when you've got forwards that ignore the defensive aspect of the game.
They definately have some kinks to work out. Funny how on the one the Oilers bench was yelling at Yakupov ot get back into the play.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:20 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Turbulence View Post
Nice to see Quick have a real Quick-like game and not a "Not-his-fault" kind of game. He was really needed early on in the game and he kept it scoreless. The first periods have been an issue so far. Could have been again tonight, but he stood tall.

Nice to see some points from unexpected sources tonight ... Lewis with a pair of helpers, A goal from Fraser against his old team, Stoll with the empty net and that Doughty-kid even had a point.

The Oilers have a lot of talent, but their big line with RNH, Hall, Eberle, Justin Schultz still came up -3.
And Doughty was a +2, so maybe that will silence the 'worst d-man in the game right now' comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Agree and in fact Hall is the main spark to the Oiler offense, the guy who starts stuff and pushes the play in the offensive zone without any need of outside influence (like coach telling you to shoot more or any trade rumors). In fact he's exactly the type of player LA needs the most this season.
Actually, TSN ran a little piece in the first period about how the coaching staff had to tell Hall, Eberle and The Nuge to shoot more a few games back, even putting togather a video of all the times they should have shot the puck rather than passing it or driving it low.

Frankly I don't see the problem with having someone tell you to shoot or having someone else light a fire under your ass from time to time. The worst person to analyze your game is you most often.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I would way rather have Gagne on ice than Penner. If LA is not goign to use Gagne than mayeb he can be used to bring in some decent D to help us out there.

Overal I do not like Muzzin but there was one shift that he was purely dominent in.
Yes.

Worst case scenario, we get to see some kids grow on D this year. Voynov has been picking it up bigtime. Muzzin threw some HUGE hits and was generally solid last night (few minor miscues as usual--hoping he sorts that out, because if he can be consistent, then I see the hype). Ellerby--he got smoked pretty badly a couple of times but I'm sure it'll be a learning experience for him--made some very solid breakout passes. We also saw Drewiske try to take the puck to the net a couple of times!

I mean, I don't know if we WANT that sort of thing happening every game, but it's a good sign that these guys are building confidence and not just handling the puck like a hand grenade.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:54 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

I hope we're looking forward to Phoenix, Dallas and San Jose.

40% of our remaining games are against three teams.

Quisp has some other interesting data points here: http://www.mcsorleys-stick.com/2013/...-points-blown/

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:05 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post

Quisp has some other interesting data points here: http://www.mcsorleys-stick.com/2013/...-points-blown/
I expect the Kings to own Phoenix and Dallas, and play roughly even with San Jose.

The thing that bothers me most about that Quisp article: If the Kings end up tied with Chicago, they have already lost the tie breaker.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post

Interesting data indeed...and yikes. That's a lot of divisional games. I guess that means that what we've done so far almost doesn't matter, since 40% of those (+ducks) are direct impacts and EVERYTHING is a 4-point game...

Old
02-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I expect the Kings to own Phoenix and Dallas, and play roughly even with San Jose.

The thing that bothers me most about that Quisp article: If the Kings end up tied with Chicago, they have already lost the tie breaker.
I mean...would we really mind being tied with Chicago?

Old
02-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
And Doughty was a +2,
I assume there's no +/- awarded on EN goals...?

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Yes.

Worst case scenario, we get to see some kids grow on D this year. Voynov has been picking it up bigtime. Muzzin threw some HUGE hits and was generally solid last night (few minor miscues as usual--hoping he sorts that out, because if he can be consistent, then I see the hype). Ellerby--he got smoked pretty badly a couple of times but I'm sure it'll be a learning experience for him--made some very solid breakout passes. We also saw Drewiske try to take the puck to the net a couple of times!

I mean, I don't know if we WANT that sort of thing happening every game, but it's a good sign that these guys are building confidence and not just handling the puck like a hand grenade.
Drewiski got into good posiitons iwth the puck but I did not like what he did with it once he got there. Or I guess more I didn't how he did. Seemed like alot of his passes did not have enough speed on them and were easily broken up. Overal a good game for him, but he needs to work on his passing.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:32 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
I mean...would we really mind being tied with Chicago?
No, but the Blackhawks might.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:36 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Drewiski got into good posiitons iwth the puck but I did not like what he did with it once he got there. Or I guess more I didn't how he did. Seemed like alot of his passes did not have enough speed on them and were easily broken up. Overal a good game for him, but he needs to work on his passing.
Right--agreed. I guess to me it's just a positive that he had the assertiveness and confidence to take the puck off the boards to the middle. Hell, some of our forwards could learn from that! That's step one for me.

Again, these guys are only going to get better with playing time. Who was it that Muzzin blew up? I'm gonna look for that video...

Old
02-20-2013, 12:08 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

Why does that bother you? It's almost impossible we'd end up tied with Chicago anyways by the ways things are going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
I assume there's no +/- awarded on EN goals...?
I don't know to be honest.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:10 PM
Perro

Quote:
Right--agreed. I guess to me it's just a positive that he had the assertiveness and confidence to take the puck off the boards to the middle. Hell, some of our forwards could learn from that! That's step one for me.

Again, these guys are only going to get better with playing time. Who was it that Muzzin blew up? I'm gonna look for that video...
Definately a positive as well. Once/If you find can you post?

Who gets the nod in goal tonight? Quick played great last night and I htink could handle back to back games. Bernier played good enough to win his previsou two games so maybe he goes in.
As long as the team shows up oin front of him hopefully it will not matter

Old
02-20-2013, 12:15 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Why does that bother you? It's almost impossible we'd end up tied with Chicago anyways by the ways things are going.
Do I really have to use this thing every time???

Old
02-20-2013, 12:17 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Do I really have to use this thing every time???

You have to ask that seriously around this forum?

Oh wait... sorry... here's the

Old
02-20-2013, 12:22 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

No Calgary GDT yet :0

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
No Calgary GDT yet :0
flames board has theirs already

Old
02-20-2013, 01:04 PM
JureEe
Go Kings Go!

hope we wont make another back-up goalie vezina candidate..

JureEe is offline   Reply With Quote