HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

How far do the Toronto Maple Leafs Go?

View Poll Results: How far do the Leafs Go?
Miss Playoffs 189 45.54%
First Round Defeat 138 33.25%
Second Round Defeat 42 10.12%
Third Round Defeat 5 1.20%
Finals Defeat 5 1.20%
Stanley Cup Champs 36 8.67%
Voters: 415. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Man Bear Pig

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawg1989 View Post
And here we go again... for the 10th year in a row.

Leafs early in the season ALWAYS do well. Everytime it's the same thing.

Leafs fans claiming that they will make the playoffs, yadda yadda. And every single year for the past 9 years... N O T H I N G.

Excuse us, if we doubt your team... but you Leafs fans always start dreaming early on in the season and spam the forum with Leafs threads... to only have your team fail.

I actually wish you guys make the playoffs, because 10 years is just too long lol, that and the fact that maybe the main board won't be flooded by Leafs threads. Still voted no. Goalies need more experience.
For a guy who's been here since the summer of 2011 you sure make it sound like you've been here for a decade.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Kylie Sven Opossum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
I was at the Bruins - leafs game @ ACC. Phaneuf turned down Lucic.

Thanks for proving my point. Horton (who doesn't even wear a visor takes off his helmet) Phaneuf who does wear a visor refuses to take off his helmet/visor.

Phaneuf is a coward.
lol. Horton didn't lose that fight because Phaneuf didn't take off his helmet. Certainly, Horton didn't cut his face on Phaneuf's visor... I mean, he wasn't too much of a coward while winning this fight, right?

Also, Lucic should've obliged Orr; tell me, what does that make him?

Kylie Sven Opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Yosho
Logic

This thread is FULL of extreme homers and haters, all adding to the ongoing joke (whether they mean to or not).

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Mowerman

Parades!

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:26 PM
shaner89

So much hate for Toronto. It's actually ridiculous

I think they make playoffs finishing 8th

shaner89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
I wonder if Milan will turn down Orr? Dion picks and chooses his battles, just like the Bruins. Reality check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie Sven Opossum View Post
lol. Horton didn't lose that fight because Phaneuf didn't take off his helmet. Certainly, Horton didn't cut his face on Phaneuf's visor... I mean, he wasn't too much of a coward while winning this fight, right?

Also, Lucic should've obliged Orr; tell me, what does that make him?
He was to much of a coward to take off his visor and as usual he hid behind it. Phaneuf is one of the biggest cowards in the league.
If your opponent takes off their helmet you do the same. Period.

It's a little different since Orr is a pure goon, & Lucic isn't - yet despite that Lucic has fought Orr in the past. He lost but at least he didn't hide behind a visor like the coward Phaneuf.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:12 AM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

vCash: 50
Coward Phaneuf, nice one.

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:15 AM
KeziaTML

vCash: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
I used to be easily agitated from 2002-2006 as a result of the constant bickering and general attacks the Leafs and their fans would get on the main boards here at HF. I was posting under a different username then.

However, I think my attitude has changed. Posters such as sharks9 come and go and their attitudes and vitriol directed towards the Leafs and their fans reflect more upon themselves than anything else.
Even just looking at the trade rumor section being full of Leafs trade proposals , being told our players are essentially worthless is enough to make me close down the site. Then you have the troll posters making stupid offers from the perspective of them being a Leaf fan to make us look bad.

I'm just glad that these forums have the option to ignore entire threads. I'd say mine is up in the 500 total atleast.

KeziaTML is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:18 AM
bdawg1989*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
For a guy who's been here since the summer of 2011 you sure make it sound like you've been here for a decade.
Lurking here since about 2008. You could say I'm a professionnal lurker.

bdawg1989* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Mclean View Post
Can't vote, but definitely miss the playoffs. Swept by the #1 seed in the first round if they manage to squeeze in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Swept in the first round if they do make it.
I wish I had a crystal ball like you guys.

Quote:
And here we go again... for the 10th year in a row.

Leafs early in the season ALWAYS do well. Everytime it's the same thing.

Leafs fans claiming that they will make the playoffs, yadda yadda. And every single year for the past 9 years... N O T H I N G.

Excuse us, if we doubt your team... but you Leafs fans always start dreaming early on in the season and spam the forum with Leafs threads... to only have your team fail.

I actually wish you guys make the playoffs, because 10 years is just too long lol, that and the fact that maybe the main board won't be flooded by Leafs threads. Still voted no. Goalies need more experience.
You again? If you're going to call a team out, at least get it right. LAST year the Leafs started well and fell off, but previous years it was typically the reverse, with a hot finish giving fans hope.

You're hilarious man. You're way too into bashing the Leafs or something.

Rob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

If the leafs win the next 2-3 games and then start to slip, they'll more than likely make the playoffs with their great start.

How they do in the playoffs, no one really knows.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:35 AM
bdawg1989*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
I wish I had a crystal ball like you guys.

You again? If you're going to call a team out, at least get it right. LAST year the Leafs started well and fell off, but previous years it was typically the reverse, with a hot finish giving fans hope.

Yes, because wishing a team makes the playoffs is definately bashing them. Good to know.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:35 AM
The Saurus

Quote:

Some people have too much time on their hands. The way he constantly puts the Leafs down in almost all of his posts, you'd think a member of the Leafs' organization stole his wife / girlfriend / whatever.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:36 AM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey McCanucks View Post
I think this is the season the Leafs go back to the playoffs. The shortened season will not leave them enough time to screw it up as usual.
Because seasons are ALWAYS the same.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank

Hard to say. I just hope both MTL and TOR make it for the possible matchup in the playoffs.

Seth Rollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Yes, because wishing a team makes the playoffs is definately bashing them. Good to know.
Yes, because that's all you said! You've been in every single Leafs thread the past few days. You can wish the Leafs in all you want, but you've still been active in every Leafs thread the last few days, and not for complimenting them.

Really though, it's amazing how much people hate the Leafs. People literally find any way possible to put them down, regardless of its validity.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:39 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
He was to much of a coward to take off his visor and as usual he hid behind it. Phaneuf is one of the biggest cowards in the league.
If your opponent takes off their helmet you do the same. Period.

It's a little different since Orr is a pure goon, & Lucic isn't - yet despite that Lucic has fought Orr in the past. He lost but at least he didn't hide behind a visor like the coward Phaneuf.
Lucic didnt hide behind a visor but he did hide behind the refs what a ****ing coward, couldnt get his ass beat like a man so he had to hide behind the big ol' scary refs

The Podium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:40 AM
The Saurus

Quote:
Yes, because that's all you said! You've been in every single Leafs thread the past few days. You can wish the Leafs in all you want, but you've still been active in every Leafs thread the last few days, and not for complimenting them.

Really though, it's amazing how much people hate the Leafs. People literally find any way possible to put them down, regardless of its validity.
And it's not as if other teams get this same treatment. I've been here for eleven years now and a lot of the posters change but the same attitudes remain. There is not a single other NHL / hockey team that experiences the same vitriol that the Leafs do.

Not Montreal, Vancouver, NYR, etc.

And the sad thing is, the Leafs haven't even been relevant in the NHL since 2003/04.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:40 AM
bdawg1989*

Quote:

Hard to compliment them when the threads are ridiculous such as Leafs are the toughest team, Scrivens best goalie 2 shutouts in a row, Meet Komarov, etc...

Anyway, this is going offtopic so I wont bother responding to you anymore.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
They are winning the cup this year!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:41 AM
nmbr_24

I hope the Leafs keep up their play, it would be nice to see Toronto fans get to see their team get in the playoffs. Contrary to the belief of a lot of Leaf fans, we Bruins fans generally like the Leafs a heck of a lot more than the Canadiens. I hope they make the playoffs as well, it would be great to have 3 teams from the NE in the playoffs, it probably won't happen, but it would be fun for us fans of NE teams.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:45 AM
The Saurus

Quote:
Hard to compliment them when the threads are ridiculous such as Leafs are the toughest team, Scrivens best goalie 2 shutouts in a row, Meet Komarov, etc...

You've misrepresented the threads you decided to bring up, but I am not surprised.

The person who made the tough team thread actually had a question mark at the end: "Are the Leafs one of the toughest teams in the NHL?" or something to that effect. Besides, the person who made that thread wasn't even a Leafs fan.

Regarding Scrivens and his shutouts: as if any other fan base wouldn't post a thread about one of their rookie goaltenders shutting out a huge division rival.

Leo Komarov is an interesting story. He was drafted by the Leafs a number of years ago and quickly fell off the radar afterwards. Komarov has been providing a presence that the Leafs haven't had since Darcy Tucker was in his prime. Players that pop up out of nowhere are often spoken about as well.

So what's the problem here?

Old
02-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
The leafs build their team with everyone elses scraps and spare parts. It's no wonder they always suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litework View Post
I wouldnt call them scraps but its true. The Leafs always like going for the quick fix.
Problem is people are still thinking this team is circa 2005 or something, when we'd go out and pick up veterans every trade deadline and make a push. It's completely different now.

Name me a major player on the Leafs NOW that is a scrap.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:

Look below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
You've misrepresented the threads you decided to bring up, but I am not surprised.

The person who made the tough team thread actually had a question mark at the end: "Are the Leafs one of the toughest teams in the NHL?" or something to that effect. Besides, the person who made that thread wasn't even a Leafs fan.

Regarding Scrivens and his shutouts: as if any other fan base wouldn't post a thread about one of their rookie goaltenders shutting out a huge division rival.

Leo Komarov is an interesting story. He was drafted by the Leafs a number of years ago and quickly fell off the radar afterwards. Komarov has been providing a presence that the Leafs haven't had since Darcy Tucker was in his prime. Players that pop up out of nowhere are often spoken about as well.

So what's the problem here?
And it's not like other fan bases don't make ridiculous threads either. The problem is people automatically assume that every Leafs related thread is made by a Leafs fan, and then go off the handles calling the Leafs out for every possible thing they can, regardless of whether it's relevant. Leafs fans literally cannot be proud of anything here, as anything positive that is posted is met by trolling and flaming. Sure, sometimes it's justified as we have dumb fans (like every team), but it's really taken far beyond that with the Leafs. I don't know what it is really, clearly we haven't had anything to be jealous of the last few years, but the hate remains. My only idea is the off ice financial/fan base success, but I'd rather have on ice success. So again, no clue what it is.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:51 AM
weaponomega

Stanley cup champs i think.

weaponomega is offline   Reply With Quote