HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Smyth says watching Kings win Cup was 'tough to swallow'(Laugh at Ryan Smyth)

Old
02-19-2013, 09:09 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
I'm sure there are moose in Edmonton that are more dangerous than anything in HB.
I don't know if you ever seen a runaway shopping cart at the Whole Foods in Manhattan Beach, but they can be quite dangerous and fierce !

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:19 PM
William H Bonney

It will be a joyous day when he retires without his name on the Cup.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

The Cup is safe too.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

A horrible person and a horrible hockey player.

Happy we had him long enough for him to show the young kids the way to be a good pro and Kopitar how to be a good two way player

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:23 PM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
They must have come across an ethnic person and freaked out.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:52 AM
Stanley Cup 2012

Haha I'm glad he suffered when the Kings won the Cup!

Stanley Cup 2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:55 AM
Stanley Cup 2012

He left Manhattan Beach so he can be safer in edmonton? LOL. Hows the weather up in Edmonton compared to Cali Ryan? Glad you are gone!!!

Stanley Cup 2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:58 AM
Butch 19
King me

Fraser is 2x the player Smyth is at a fraction of the cost.

If Smyth had stayed, no way the Kings win the Cup last year. Thx Mrs Smyth for feeling unsafe and wanting out of L.A.!!

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:04 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Low opinion of him. You never bail on your team! He only had one year left on his contract. A classy player would play out that year (especially when your a decent team like LA). Then he could have signed in Edmonton.

The Hockey God's seem to like to make guys who bail on their team pay for their lack of loyalty.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:40 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Posts mysteriously disappeared...
Seriously, what the **** are you implying?

Perhaps you forget his now infamous interview during the summer of 2010 with Heidi, shot in a supposedly safe South Bay park somewhere, where he is at a picnic table and his kids are apparently a dangerous 10 feet away on a very dangerous swing-set probably only feet within fifteen prison-hardened gang bangers (not).

And during the interview he implores with Heidi that he, along with the Kings "are trying to build something special here."

Then, just a few months later, he is begging to be sent to Edmonton.

The guy deserves exactly what he got. No Cup, no rings, and to ride out his miserable career with a bottom-feeder team where he gets healthy-scratched at least once a week.

**** him. He's a lying sack of **** that has no scruples. He can look longingly at the Kings Stanley Cup band on the bottom of that Cup forever, wishing his name was on it, as far as I am concerned.

02-20-2013, 01:42 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

I hope this loss is tough to swallow as well, and I hope he looks at the stats sheet and sees that the Kings 7th defenseman has as many points as him.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:45 AM
Axl Rhoadz*

Pretty shocked at all the hate over Smyth.....I mean seriously, this isn't Rob Blake. Nobody knows the real story or what went down.....for ****s sake, the guy wanted to go back to Edmonton!! So either he's crazy, stupid....or there was some deeper issues that brought him back. Besides, who gives a ****, we got Fraser who NOBODY here gave him a chance and the guy became a pivotal player in the SC run. You all should be thanking Smyth instead of dogging him!

Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:49 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
I hope this loss is tough to swallow as well, and I hope he looks at the stats sheet and sees that the Kings 7th defenseman has as many points as him.
Fitting that Fraser got a goal in this game.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:57 AM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
A horrible person and a horrible hockey player.

Happy we had him long enough for him to show the young kids the way to be a good pro and Kopitar how to be a good two way player
A terrible person? He seems to be a pretty noble guy to me... Pretty religious, runs charity tournaments, visits terminally ill people in Edmonton (he's pretty popular over here). Was he punching babies during his time in LA or something?

I mean I hate Pronger too but I had to watch my team go from the Stanley Cup Final to the basement for years because of him bailing out, you guys won the cup and got a great asset with your new found cap space. Can't believe some of the hate in here.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:08 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
you guys won the cup and got a great asset with your new found cap space. Can't believe some of the hate in here.
Yeah, like that was his goal when he left. "Excuse me, Mr. Lombardi, but I really want the Kings to win the Stanley Cup. So I have a deal. Send me to Edmonton for next to nothing so I can clear some cap space for you guys, so that you can pick up a sniper in Jeff Carter that will lead you to win a Cup without me."

Yeah, the guy is so honorable as to sacrifice for the greater good for the Kings.

Dude, we never hated the guy here when we thought he really meant what he said in numerous interviews about him and the Kings' future. I can't stand a lying sack of ****, and that's all your boy did here near the end. He put Dean Lombardi in an awful spot, and even then Dean did the right thing by him. And what did Edmonton do? Try to ship the Kings back damaged goods.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:06 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
there were some person issues why he wanted back to alberta that was not brought up in the media and that he has not discussed openly

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:01 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:57 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Low opinion of him. You never bail on your team! He only had one year left on his contract. A classy player would play out that year (especially when your a decent team like LA). Then he could have signed in Edmonton.

The Hockey God's seem to like to make guys who bail on their team pay for their lack of loyalty.

While I agree, you don't bail on your team, if you have too, as he said he did, you don't leave it until one week before UFA roughly, then demand a trade and give DL one team only you'll accept a trade too. The fact DL got anything useful is amazing to me.

I hope that 7th turns into Pavel Datsyuk II

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:14 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Anybody who chooses to live in Edmonton over Manhattan Beach is most likely insane so I'm gonna give Smyth a pass. Maybe his wife was threatened by all the attractive women? Maybe Smyth hated the warmth of the sun? Maybe they liked wearing jackets? Too many un-answered questions but I'm glad he's gone and he should know that I have a ring ($25 from Team LA) and he does not! Deal with that.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:04 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
A terrible person? He seems to be a pretty noble guy to me... Pretty religious, runs charity tournaments, visits terminally ill people in Edmonton (he's pretty popular over here). Was he punching babies during his time in LA or something?

I mean I hate Pronger too but I had to watch my team go from the Stanley Cup Final to the basement for years because of him bailing out, you guys won the cup and got a great asset with your new found cap space. Can't believe some of the hate in here.
Believe it!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Pucknut50

Why are people torching this guy? He played hard for the Kings then his family decided they wanted to go back home. He asked to be traded and the Kings obliged. I think what Doughty did was worse.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Why are people torching this guy? He played hard for the Kings then his family decided they wanted to go back home. He asked to be traded and the Kings obliged. I think what Doughty did was worse.
Believe it!

Old
02-20-2013, 10:29 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Bottom line on Smyth's real reason for wanting to leave LA:

He wasn't seeing eye to eye with some of the members of the younger leadership group. He wanted a larger role in the leadership group and a "letter". Dean told him that it had to stay the way it was, so Smyth pouted and asked for a trade.

That's what I have heard, second hand. It's within the realm of possibility.

In spite of what many of us think of Smyth and his departure, yeah he did help the development of Anze Kopitar as a two way player. Terry Murray probably had more to do with it though.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
He publically asked to be traded, greatly reducing his value.

Oh well, it worked out well for the Kings.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
He publically asked to be traded, greatly reducing his value.
To be fair and for the record, he didn't make the request public. It hit the media because of a leak out of Edmonton and once it got leaked, he then denied making the request.