HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Markstrom called up

Old
02-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
The 2nd line and Gudbranson haven't been?
Ya.. No doubt - the 2nd line has been awesome, but losing 5 in a row is hard. Don't get me wrong, I'll never miss a game. But holding off the tank for a bit longer..

Dineen has just been pissing me off - I mean, obviously I'm a huge Weiss fan. I think he should have been captain, I think he should have been signed in the offseason.. But between Jovo, scrub, getting the C... Him having to play with Skille and Matthias.. Why on earth would he want to resign here? Sure Skille has been playing with energy, as has Matthias, but there is no skill there. Just dumb how we treat the only player who has been loyal to this organization.

Sorry for the rant.

Blad Meaning Gud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:38 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

vCash: 500
#FlaPanthers Dale Tallon on Jacob Markstrom: "We have to put him into the system, get some experience, stem the tide. Every game important''

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:40 AM
PatchworkCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
Ya.. No doubt - the 2nd line has been awesome, but losing 5 in a row is hard. Don't get me wrong, I'll never miss a game. But holding off the tank for a bit longer..

Dineen has just been pissing me off - I mean, obviously I'm a huge Weiss fan. I think he should have been captain, I think he should have been signed in the offseason.. But between Jovo, scrub, getting the C... Him having to play with Skille and Matthias.. Why on earth would he want to resign here? Sure Skille has been playing with energy, as has Matthias, but there is no skill there. Just dumb how we treat the only player who has been loyal to this organization.

Sorry for the rant.
What's Dineen to do then? You can't preach accountability and then only apply it to certain players.

PatchworkCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:03 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchworkCat View Post
What's Dineen to do then? You can't preach accountability and then only apply it to certain players.
You give third/fourth line guys a few extra shifts, not put them on the first line. I do think they 100% deserve more ice time but it's pretty pointless. Jack Skille has no offensive skills. He can skate really well, in a straight line, drive to the net, and shoot the puck wide. He could be a good fourth line player if he learned to play defense. Matthias is the ultimate tease but he'll never be a top 6 forward. He can't put it all together. He could be a GREAT third line shutdown center. He's got size and can skate with almost everyone. This team is always trying to get people into roles they're not suited for. Groom Matthias into a shutdown third line center. Groom Skille into a fourth line grinding winger who plays the PK. Kinda like what Frolik does in Chicago. Instead, Dineen "rewards" them with top line duties. A nice thing to do and I'm going a bit overboard but my general statement of we are always putting people in positions not to succeed rings true.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:07 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
You give third/fourth line guys a few extra shifts, not put them on the first line. I do think they 100% deserve more ice time but it's pretty pointless. Jack Skille has no offensive skills. He can skate really well, in a straight line, drive to the net, and shoot the puck wide. He could be a good fourth line player if he learned to play defense. Matthias is the ultimate tease but he'll never be a top 6 forward. He can't put it all together. He could be a GREAT third line shutdown center. He's got size and can skate with almost everyone. This team is always trying to get people into roles they're not suited for. Groom Matthias into a shutdown third line center. Groom Skille into a fourth line grinding winger who plays the PK. Kinda like what Frolik does in Chicago. Instead, Dineen "rewards" them with top line duties. A nice thing to do and I'm going a bit overboard but my general statement of we are always putting people in positions not to succeed rings true.
Thats all true but it speaks to our talent level more than anything else.

A healthy weiss versteeg and Bergy and this years start would have been a helluva lot different with the kid line....can you imagine???

Old
02-20-2013, 11:24 AM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Thats all true but it speaks to our talent level more than anything else.

A healthy weiss versteeg and Bergy and this years start would have been a helluva lot different with the kid line....can you imagine???
Of the three aforemenetioned i think this team misses bergenheim's play and mentality desperately.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Erick

The call up happened right around the time I said it was finally time to call him up. Tallon and I are working together. Lol jk.

I hope he plays Thursday, not Friday. It would be rather unfair to just throw him out there Friday on the 2nd of a B2B on the road against Pittsburgh...

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:27 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
The call up happened right around the time I said it was finally time to call him up. Tallon and I are working together. Lol jk.

I hope he plays Thursday, not Friday. It would be rather unfair to just throw him out there Friday on the 2nd of a B2B on the road against Pittsburgh...
lol

I would play him thursday; if he shines, give the home fans a treat Sunday afternoon. Theo saturday either way.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Erick

Quote:
lol

I would play him thursday; if he shines, give the home fans a treat Sunday afternoon. Theo saturday either way.
I agree.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:30 AM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Someone should find that scrub vancouver fan and tell him we acquired our star goalie not named luongo.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Erick

I wonder if "water boy" was part of Clemmensen's job description at the time he signed the contract.

In all seriousness, if Markstrom plays a couple of good games and proves he belongs, I think Theodore is going to be traded sooner rather than later.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:34 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I wonder if "water boy" was part of Clemmensen's job description at the time he signed the contract.

In all seriousness, if Markstrom plays a couple of good games and proves he belongs, I think Theodore is going to be traded sooner rather than later.
I hope it's Clemmer that's traded, and theo stays another yr to mentor

Old
02-20-2013, 11:42 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
I'm very happy about this.

I'm with the general consensus that Marky might as well get playing time in the NHL.

Not expecting any miracle turn arounds but I hope he can stop us from giving up 5-6 goals every second game.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Kate

Best of luck to Markstrom. Hopefully if he plays Thursday, we can get the game on NHL Network or channel 68. I'd love to see him play in the bigs and say "we had him first!"

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:44 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
I hope it's Clemmer that's traded, and theo stays another yr to mentor
Clemmer has no trade value. Especially since he's signed for another season.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Would love to see Markstrom step in and just dominate. Though I'm sure Theodore still has a long leash in that regard.

Clemmer basically done?
Yeah, Clemmer will probably be bought out this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
Absolutely. That's the #1 reason there is no panic in San Antonio. DGM has been beyond good for the last two seasons here. It will be tricky on the three-in-three's (this weekend), but I have full confidence that Dov can handle it.
Also, Foster has been good in Cincy, at least his stats are good.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:41 PM
Dr Beinfest

So who mysteriously ends up on the IR?

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:43 PM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Best of luck to Markstrom. Hopefully if he plays Thursday, we can get the game on NHL Network or channel 68. I'd love to see him play in the bigs and say "we had him first!"
Technically, Rochester had him first.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Would love to see Markstrom step in and just dominate. Though I'm sure Theodore still has a long leash in that regard.

Clemmer basically done?
It would be about damn time we got a break and a player that would dominate

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:54 PM
gizmo12688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest View Post
So who mysteriously ends up on the IR?
Probably Versteeg if he's not close to returning. Or Jovo.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:07 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I don't know if I like or don't like this idea. I mean I'm pretty much done with thinking that we have a chance at the postseason anymore if this is Dineen's idea to change momentum for the rest of the team and change Theodore and Clemmensen's overall play this season. I'm eager to see what the kid can offer and if he'll stay up with the big club. I don't think him in goal will make any difference to save our season as long as our defense continues to play like crap. What I am very worried about if it we get lit up with him in net and would it affect his confidence. Time will tell.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:22 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
I don't know if I like or don't like this idea. I mean I'm pretty much done with thinking that we have a chance at the postseason anymore if this is Dineen's idea to change momentum for the rest of the team and change Theodore and Clemmensen's overall play this season. I'm eager to see what the kid can offer and if he'll stay up with the big club. I don't think him in goal will make any difference to save our season as long as our defense continues to play like crap. What I am very worried about if it we get lit up with him in net and would it affect his confidence. Time will tell.
Over and over people in the know from the rampage and from sweden have stated NOTHING shakes up this kids confidence.

This is 100% DT decision. Perhaps after consulting with KD, but his decision.

I dont think he will "save our season" either. But he may turn it around. And once again, even if he doesnt, i rather watch him develop for what time remains this year then what has been going on., IMHO.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:23 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Coincidence with call up?

Florida Panthers‏@FlaPanthers

The #FlaPanthers just launched the new SSO campaign for next season, with more benefits for the #7thMan DETAILS: http://******/hTsGB

Old
02-20-2013, 01:44 PM
freakstar
Paaaaaanthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
All this talk about his confidence, how long do we want to wait really? He should be confident enough since he's played a lot of big games, mostly in the SEL but also in the AHL. He's played a WJC final aswell.
He's a professional, he's been lit up before. He'll deal with it.

freakstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:01 PM
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther

Anyone else think this in their head after hearing Markstrom getting the call up??

CanadianPanther is offline   Reply With Quote