Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
And Colton Gillies and James Sheppard aren't either. They are in the NHL, playing.

Partly. The sky was the limit for Pouliot. He had the tools, the talent and the skills. But he just never could put them together long enough to make an impact. There are days where you look at Pouliot and go, wow! That's why he was drafted 4th overall. And then there are days where you look at Pouliot and go, how the hell did he even make it?

Two things; it's Tampa Bay and two it's a weird, weird season. Pouliot is good for 30-35 points but he was seen as much more than that.
Think you two are just arguing over a bit of miscommunication on the word "failure".

He is a failure when you are looking what he can do potential and what he is willing to develop himself into. He isn't a failure when you consider he is a regular NHLer. Both can be right at the same time.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:21 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Yep. Pouliot is a solid depth forward and will see some time in the NHL.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Dee Oh Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Not at all. Cullen should be centering the 3rd line, not the 2nd. Brodziak should be moved to 3rd line wing.
I agree with you. Maybe I worded it poorly...basically Yeo feels like Cullen is ahead on the depth chart (I think).

Old
02-19-2013, 10:34 PM
RxDangles19

Does anyone understand why Mikael has not been in any of our shoot out line ups this year? Cullen always seems to get the nod for the third spot and this just baffles me. Granny is a proven shootout guru. I realized he has missed a big shootout goal before but I feel that it would skyrocket his confidence if he scored a goal in the shootout for us. possibly even a winner.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:37 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxDangles19 View Post
Does anyone understand why Mikael has not been in any of our shoot out line ups this year? Cullen always seems to get the nod for the third spot and this just baffles me. Granny is a proven shootout guru. I realized he has missed a big shootout goal before but I feel that it would skyrocket his confidence if he scored a goal in the shootout for us. possibly even a winner.
Because Cullen is pretty d@mn good at the shootout, himself.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:39 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxDangles19 View Post
Since he had that failed attempt at the world juniors, Granlund has apparently not been himself when going into a shootout. His record before and after that biff is practically night and day. He'll get his chance soon enough and hopefully that can help him get his confidence and scoring ability back, but who knows when that will be.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Dee Oh Cee

We probably have 3 of the most proven shootout guys in the league in Parise, Koivu, and Cullen. Going to be pretty tough to crack that top 3.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:58 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee View Post
We probably have 3 of the most proven shootout guys in the league in Parise, Koivu, and Cullen. Going to be pretty tough to crack that top 3.
This.

Parise and Cullen are both around 45% shooters, and Koivu is just under those two. Three of the best shootout players in the league.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 404
Re-sign Erik Christensen!

Old
02-19-2013, 11:35 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Re-sign Erik Christensen!
How about Petteri Nummelin?

Old
02-19-2013, 11:57 PM
MMANumminen

He's doing fine. Leading the team in points/ice time. Lots of room to improve but people want him to AHL?

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rati...utes=50&disp=1

Old
02-20-2013, 12:59 AM
swift

Before the last shootout the Wild was 4 of 5 so why throw in a rookie when u don't need to? Anyways, Granlund has one move in the shootout that i've seen in several different youtube videos.

I have one expectation for Granny (btw. perfect nickname. he really is as slow as my granny on the ice) in the next game: stop with the fudging offsides man!

Old
02-20-2013, 01:45 AM
Nsjohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift View Post
Before the last shootout the Wild was 4 of 5 so why throw in a rookie when u don't need to? Anyways, Granlund has one move in the shootout that i've seen in several different youtube videos.

I have one expectation for Granny (btw. perfect nickname. he really is as slow as my granny on the ice) in the next game: stop with the fudging offsides man!
Meh, he's been average speed but wouldn't keep his feet moving. He's been better at that, though not consistent enough. I do like all the great set ups he has made since his terrible game in VAN.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:19 AM
toewsintangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Since he had that failed attempt at the world juniors, Granlund has apparently not been himself when going into a shootout. His record before and after that biff is practically night and day. He'll get his chance soon enough and hopefully that can help him get his confidence and scoring ability back, but who knows when that will be.
Where did you hear this?

Not saying I disagree, but there has to be a source somewhere

Old
02-20-2013, 07:32 AM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
Where did you hear this?

Not saying I disagree, but there has to be a source somewhere
I remember a Finn poster posting his record in the FEL during the summer. Before the WJC shootout, he was between like 60-80% or something ridiculous, and after he lost the puck at the WJC on accident, he suddenly dropped down to like 20-30% or something. I could be off on the numbers, but I do remember someone posting the figures and everyone being surprised at it.

I think.

Now you have me worried that I am making this all up

Old
02-20-2013, 07:55 AM
forthewild

People need to get off the "OMG PUT MiG iIN SHOOTOUT" train, Parise and Koivu are AMONG THE LEADERS FOR GOALS SCORED IN SHOOTOUTS IN NHL, there is your two shooters all the time, Cullen despite being hated is also great at shootout so he'll win the 3rd role, now do you throw a rookie in there in a season where every win is twice as important? do you throw a rookie in there when you have at least two more proven options to go with? do you throw a rookie in there who's still adjusting?

no you don't you use established and trusted players, MiG will get this chance

Old
02-20-2013, 07:57 AM
mikko1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
I remember a Finn poster posting his record in the FEL during the summer. Before the WJC shootout, he was between like 60-80% or something ridiculous, and after he lost the puck at the WJC on accident, he suddenly dropped down to like 20-30% or something. I could be off on the numbers, but I do remember someone posting the figures and everyone being surprised at it.

I think.

Now you have me worried that I am making this all up
It wasn't just the shootouts that didn't go as well as before the WJC; it was his whole play that went down. But I think the even bigger reason for all of this was physical and more importantly mental exhaustion.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:19 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
People need to get off the "OMG PUT MiG iIN SHOOTOUT" train, Parise and Koivu are AMONG THE LEADERS FOR GOALS SCORED IN SHOOTOUTS IN NHL, there is your two shooters all the time, Cullen despite being hated is also great at shootout so he'll win the 3rd role, now do you throw a rookie in there in a season where every win is twice as important? do you throw a rookie in there when you have at least two more proven options to go with? do you throw a rookie in there who's still adjusting?

no you don't you use established and trusted players, MiG will get this chance
Actually, Cullen and Parise both have better %'s than Koivu. Koivu has more shootout goals than Cullen because of more attempts, but Cullen has the second best %, being just barely behind Parise, Koivu being a few behind both.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Gaps

I'm not among the people who think Granlund should be tried in the shootout at this point. How about not putting him in that spot this season but giving him a shot in a pre-season game this fall? That way he wouldn't be under as much pressure in during his 1st try as he would be now. It's like he's been jinxed in the shootout ever since that WJC failure. The loss wasn't his fault at all, but he blamed himself and took it too hard.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:32 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

How about just giving him a shot if it goes 5-6 rounds.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:44 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
How about just giving him a shot if it goes 5-6 rounds.

he probably will get a shot even if it is more pressure...

if Backstrom is in net the message will be "don't **** up because i can't guarantee a stop"

Old
02-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Wildfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund 64 View Post
I think you're not remembering correctly. It was no big blast by Seto. Granlund separated the defender from the puck, got it to Cullen, who then got it to Seto in front of the net. Seto did a quick backhand-to-forehand and pitched it up over Luongo's shoulder to the opposite top corner.
That easily could be, the Seto goal I'm remembering is that slap shot goal, I was sure it was Cullen that passed it out to Seto but I could easily be wrong. Did Cullen get the 1st assist on both Seto goals?

Old
02-20-2013, 11:23 AM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfish View Post
That easily could be, the Seto goal I'm remembering is that slap shot goal, I was sure it was Cullen that passed it out to Seto but I could easily be wrong. Did Cullen get the 1st assist on both Seto goals?
You mean his overtime winner where he was on the ice with Koivu, Parise, Suter and Brodin?

Old
02-20-2013, 11:46 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
You mean his overtime winner where he was on the ice with Koivu, Parise, Suter and Brodin?
Wouldn't the Wild have been called for too many men?

Old
02-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Granlund 64

The slapper you're referring to was off a delayed give and go between Koivu and Setoguchi. Seto had the puck, passed it across the slot to Koivu at the side of the net. Koivu delayed, and then saucered a pass back across the slot that Seto one-timed past Mason.

The Wild had a 4-3 advantage due to the Gaustad face off infraction.

Last edited by Granlund 64: 02-20-2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Damn autocorrect on my phone.
Closed Thread