HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo Move Coming?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2013, 12:12 PM
  #1
caley
Moderator
 
caley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
Buffalo Move Coming?

I'll probably have to close this in 10 minutes or so, because I'm likely making a mountain out of a molehill, but it's something fun to get carried away with on a slow Tuesday morning.

Buffalo just put Cody McCormick on waivers, but even more interesting is that Christian Ehrhoff and Tyler Ennis are both missing from practice. Ehrhoff got hit in the neck with a puck last game and is likely taking a day off because of that, but there was no word on an Ennis injury.

Let's get speculating! I'll close this as soon as Buffalo issues word that Ennis is injured, probably.

__________________
Dan O'Toole: "So if I have this right, only acceptable goal celebration in NHL is to put hands at your sides and then feel shame."
caley is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:14 PM
  #2
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,206
vCash: 500
Please don't trade 'Hoff.

He's our second best player and I just bought this jersey.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:15 PM
  #3
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,591
vCash: 500
Ottawa would have heavy interest in either player I would imagine. Especially Myers.

SpezDispenser is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:15 PM
  #4
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor
 
McTankel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
I'll probably have to close this in 10 minutes or so, because I'm likely making a mountain out of a molehill, but it's something fun to get carried away with on a slow Tuesday morning.

Buffalo just put Cody McCormick on waivers, but even more interesting is that Christian Ehrhoff and Tyler Ennis are both missing from practice. Ehrhoff got hit in the neck with a puck last game and is likely taking a day off because of that, but there was no word on an Ennis injury.

Let's get speculating! I'll close this as soon as Buffalo issues word that Ennis is injured, probably.
I can see something happening, Pegula cannot be happy with this on ice product. But I still feel it has more to do with the coach than the players. I was at the game last night, and for a few minutes each period the entire arena of 19k+ was booing. The 2nd period was the worst period of hockey I've watched in over 10 years. Something needs to be done to shack this team up. But if there was ever a year to tank its this one with nearly half the season over already and a stacked draft class.

McTankel is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:15 PM
  #5
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 39,435
vCash: 500
Waiving McCormick means freeing up a roster spot.

They have 24 players on the roster (23 active + Leino on IR). And there's no reason to believe Leino is anywhere close to being ready...no indication he's even been practicing.

So either a) they're calling someone up from the minors, or b) they're trading and getting an extra NHL body.

Sekera theoretically could have been placed on IR to free up a spot, but doesn't look like they're going that route.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:16 PM
  #6
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood
 
CornKicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 694
ennis is probably still under the bus from when Miller threw all his teammates under there.

CornKicker is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:17 PM
  #7
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor
 
McTankel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Waiving McCormick means freeing up a roster spot.

They have 24 players on the roster (23 active + Leino on IR). And there's no reason to believe Leino is anywhere close to being ready...no indication he's even been practicing.

So either a) they're calling someone up from the minors, or b) they're trading and getting an extra NHL body.

Sekera theoretically could have been placed on IR to free up a spot, but doesn't look like they're going that route.
I believe Sekera just had a Charley horse correct? They might be calling up Porter to fill Codys role?

McTankel is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:18 PM
  #8
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,716
vCash: 500
Therapy day possible.

Should have shipped Gerbe to the west for a pick and kept McCormick. I think he'll get picked up. Those type of players every coach loves.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:19 PM
  #9
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,515
vCash: 500
Come to Buffalo Ryan O'reilly

Jame is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:19 PM
  #10
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood
 
CornKicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Ottawa would have heavy interest in either player I would imagine. Especially Myers.
lol no one even mentioned myers

CornKicker is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:20 PM
  #11
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
I believe Sekera just had a Charley horse correct? They might be calling up Porter to fill Codys role?
I don't see why they'd do that. Porter's Rochester's captain and a good AHLer. McCormick played well for his role in the couple games he was dressed for. Not sure why they'd swap the two. But then Lindy Ruff is making the coaching/line-up decisions. If they're clearing space for a call-up, I think it might be McNabb or Pardy. We have a lot of d-men on the roster, but not enough playing well. Wouldn't hurt to see them in NHL action, I guess.

I'm hoping it's for a trade though. Red rover, red rover, send ROR over!

tsujimoto74 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:21 PM
  #12
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,379
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Waiving McCormick means freeing up a roster spot.

They have 24 players on the roster (23 active + Leino on IR). And there's no reason to believe Leino is anywhere close to being ready...no indication he's even been practicing.

So either a) they're calling someone up from the minors, or b) they're trading and getting an extra NHL body.

Sekera theoretically could have been placed on IR to free up a spot, but doesn't look like they're going that route.
doesn't this only open a roster spot if they have designated him for assignment too? They may just be seeing if someone can grab him without him being demoted like Calgary did with Blair Jones.

If McCormick clears, could this open a path for a Jones/McCormick swap? I remember seeing at least 1 Sabre fan suggest they should claim Jones and I think the Flames would like to move him, I am assuming the Sabres are in the same boat with McCormick.

Plus since Feaster took the reigns in Calgary he and Regier have made a couple deals.

Adirondack Flames is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:23 PM
  #13
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,716
vCash: 500
Apparently Buffalo had been trying to trade McCormick.

Per Renaud Lavoie

Analyzer is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:24 PM
  #14
Revelate
Registered User
 
Revelate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
of all the players to try and trade...McCormick? is this a sick joke?

Revelate is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:26 PM
  #15
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 39,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
doesn't this only open a roster spot if they have designated him for assignment too? They may just be seeing if someone can grab him without him being demoted like Calgary did with Blair Jones.

If McCormick clears, could this open a path for a Jones/McCormick swap? I remember seeing at least 1 Sabre fan suggest they should claim Jones and I think the Flames would like to move him, I am assuming the Sabres are in the same boat with McCormick.

Plus since Feaster took the reigns in Calgary he and Regier have made a couple deals.
That just seems like poor asset management, considering he has been playing, not a healthy scratch...unless they were "showcasing" him, which is really absurd. Plus not like Pegula cares about the salary...

No idea what this move is supposed to accomplish at all. Trying to trade him, fine...but no reason to put him through waivers unless you absolutely need the roster spot. Just hold on to him and maybe someone deals for him at the deadline or something.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:29 PM
  #16
birddog*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Ottawa would have heavy interest in either player I would imagine. Especially Myers.
Ottawa is interested in everyone these days. Even MAB.

birddog* is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:31 PM
  #17
birddog*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
I'll probably have to close this in 10 minutes or so, because I'm likely making a mountain out of a molehill, but it's something fun to get carried away with on a slow Tuesday morning.

Buffalo just put Cody McCormick on waivers, but even more interesting is that Christian Ehrhoff and Tyler Ennis are both missing from practice. Ehrhoff got hit in the neck with a puck last game and is likely taking a day off because of that, but there was no word on an Ennis injury.

Let's get speculating! I'll close this as soon as Buffalo issues word that Ennis is injured, probably.
Normally I might agree but the management team in Buffalo is stoic. The team is in need of a coaching change so bad.

Like Wilson in Toronto -- Ruff needs to go. Doubt anything happens unless ownership fires both.

birddog* is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:33 PM
  #18
Jordo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: N.S Canada
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
Didnt Ennis get rocked in Buffalos last game into the end boards? Probably injured.

Jordo is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:34 PM
  #19
caley
Moderator
 
caley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
So, the big question is: would a package of Ehrhoff and Ennis be enough to land Ryan O'Reilly? In theory, Colorado's getting what they would want: a Top 4 defenceman and a Top 6 forward (Not a center)?

If teams were unwilling to make a deal for McCormick, I'd guess that he will clear waivers, unless Buffalo was refusing to take a body back or asking for too much, that is.

caley is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:34 PM
  #20
birddog*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
I don't see why they'd do that. Porter's Rochester's captain and a good AHLer. McCormick played well for his role in the couple games he was dressed for. Not sure why they'd swap the two. But then Lindy Ruff is making the coaching/line-up decisions. If they're clearing space for a call-up, I think it might be McNabb or Pardy. We have a lot of d-men on the roster, but not enough playing well. Wouldn't hurt to see them in NHL action, I guess.

I'm hoping it's for a trade though. Red rover, red rover, send ROR over!
just wondering do people think that ROR will fix their ailing team?

birddog* is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:35 PM
  #21
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
lol no one even mentioned myers
Oh yeah, I thought he was in the OP's paragraph, but I see it was Ennis. Myers has been scratched often enough that I'm sure he's not untouchable anymore, but that was my mistake.

SpezDispenser is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:35 PM
  #22
captaincrunch89
Registered User
 
captaincrunch89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Tonawanda
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
So, the big question is: would a package of Ehrhoff and Ennis be enough to land Ryan O'Reilly? In theory, Colorado's getting what they would want: a Top 4 defenceman and a Top 6 forward (Not a center)?

If teams were unwilling to make a deal for McCormick, I'd guess that he will clear waivers, unless Buffalo was refusing to take a body back or asking for too much, that is.
I'm going to doubt they trade Ehrhoff, he actually was banged up a bit last night, so a day off makes sense there. Ennis on the other hand was not.

captaincrunch89 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:35 PM
  #23
Boose30
Registered User
 
Boose30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Colony
Country: United States
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
one or both of gerbe/leopold get traded soon

Boose30 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:35 PM
  #24
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 39,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
So, the big question is: would a package of Ehrhoff and Ennis be enough to land Ryan O'Reilly? In theory, Colorado's getting what they would want: a Top 4 defenceman and a Top 6 forward (Not a center)?

If teams were unwilling to make a deal for McCormick, I'd guess that he will clear waivers, unless Buffalo was refusing to take a body back or asking for too much, that is.
Ehrhoff and Ennis is an overpayment...but would Colorado take on Ehrhoff's contract? Granted, the biggest money part is over...but you're still looking at a lot of dough over the next few years.

And Ehrhoff has a limited NTC.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:35 PM
  #25
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Ottawa is interested in everyone these days. Even MAB.
Sure, why not? Massive injuries in Ottawa, some holes to fill. I'd hope Murray's in on ever potential scenario.

SpezDispenser is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.