HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo Move Coming?

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 12:12 PM
caley

vCash: 500
Buffalo Move Coming?

I'll probably have to close this in 10 minutes or so, because I'm likely making a mountain out of a molehill, but it's something fun to get carried away with on a slow Tuesday morning.

Buffalo just put Cody McCormick on waivers, but even more interesting is that Christian Ehrhoff and Tyler Ennis are both missing from practice. Ehrhoff got hit in the neck with a puck last game and is likely taking a day off because of that, but there was no word on an Ennis injury.

Let's get speculating! I'll close this as soon as Buffalo issues word that Ennis is injured, probably.

02-20-2013, 12:14 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Please don't trade 'Hoff.

He's our second best player and I just bought this jersey.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:15 PM
SpezDispenser

Ottawa would have heavy interest in either player I would imagine. Especially Myers.

Old
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
I'll probably have to close this in 10 minutes or so, because I'm likely making a mountain out of a molehill, but it's something fun to get carried away with on a slow Tuesday morning.

Buffalo just put Cody McCormick on waivers, but even more interesting is that Christian Ehrhoff and Tyler Ennis are both missing from practice. Ehrhoff got hit in the neck with a puck last game and is likely taking a day off because of that, but there was no word on an Ennis injury.

Let's get speculating! I'll close this as soon as Buffalo issues word that Ennis is injured, probably.
I can see something happening, Pegula cannot be happy with this on ice product. But I still feel it has more to do with the coach than the players. I was at the game last night, and for a few minutes each period the entire arena of 19k+ was booing. The 2nd period was the worst period of hockey I've watched in over 10 years. Something needs to be done to shack this team up. But if there was ever a year to tank its this one with nearly half the season over already and a stacked draft class.

Old
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Waiving McCormick means freeing up a roster spot.

They have 24 players on the roster (23 active + Leino on IR). And there's no reason to believe Leino is anywhere close to being ready...no indication he's even been practicing.

So either a) they're calling someone up from the minors, or b) they're trading and getting an extra NHL body.

Sekera theoretically could have been placed on IR to free up a spot, but doesn't look like they're going that route.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:16 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
ennis is probably still under the bus from when Miller threw all his teammates under there.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:17 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post

They have 24 players on the roster (23 active + Leino on IR). And there's no reason to believe Leino is anywhere close to being ready...no indication he's even been practicing.

So either a) they're calling someone up from the minors, or b) they're trading and getting an extra NHL body.

Sekera theoretically could have been placed on IR to free up a spot, but doesn't look like they're going that route.
I believe Sekera just had a Charley horse correct? They might be calling up Porter to fill Codys role?

Old
02-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Therapy day possible.

Should have shipped Gerbe to the west for a pick and kept McCormick. I think he'll get picked up. Those type of players every coach loves.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Come to Buffalo Ryan O'reilly

Old
02-20-2013, 12:19 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Ottawa would have heavy interest in either player I would imagine. Especially Myers.
lol no one even mentioned myers

Old
02-20-2013, 12:20 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
I believe Sekera just had a Charley horse correct? They might be calling up Porter to fill Codys role?
I don't see why they'd do that. Porter's Rochester's captain and a good AHLer. McCormick played well for his role in the couple games he was dressed for. Not sure why they'd swap the two. But then Lindy Ruff is making the coaching/line-up decisions. If they're clearing space for a call-up, I think it might be McNabb or Pardy. We have a lot of d-men on the roster, but not enough playing well. Wouldn't hurt to see them in NHL action, I guess.

I'm hoping it's for a trade though. Red rover, red rover, send ROR over!

Old
02-20-2013, 12:21 PM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post

doesn't this only open a roster spot if they have designated him for assignment too? They may just be seeing if someone can grab him without him being demoted like Calgary did with Blair Jones.

If McCormick clears, could this open a path for a Jones/McCormick swap? I remember seeing at least 1 Sabre fan suggest they should claim Jones and I think the Flames would like to move him, I am assuming the Sabres are in the same boat with McCormick.

Plus since Feaster took the reigns in Calgary he and Regier have made a couple deals.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:23 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Apparently Buffalo had been trying to trade McCormick.

Per Renaud Lavoie

Old
02-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Revelate

of all the players to try and trade...McCormick? is this a sick joke?

Old
02-20-2013, 12:26 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
doesn't this only open a roster spot if they have designated him for assignment too? They may just be seeing if someone can grab him without him being demoted like Calgary did with Blair Jones.

If McCormick clears, could this open a path for a Jones/McCormick swap? I remember seeing at least 1 Sabre fan suggest they should claim Jones and I think the Flames would like to move him, I am assuming the Sabres are in the same boat with McCormick.

Plus since Feaster took the reigns in Calgary he and Regier have made a couple deals.
That just seems like poor asset management, considering he has been playing, not a healthy scratch...unless they were "showcasing" him, which is really absurd. Plus not like Pegula cares about the salary...

No idea what this move is supposed to accomplish at all. Trying to trade him, fine...but no reason to put him through waivers unless you absolutely need the roster spot. Just hold on to him and maybe someone deals for him at the deadline or something.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:29 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Ottawa is interested in everyone these days. Even MAB.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:31 PM
birddog*

Quote:

Normally I might agree but the management team in Buffalo is stoic. The team is in need of a coaching change so bad.

Like Wilson in Toronto -- Ruff needs to go. Doubt anything happens unless ownership fires both.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Jordo

Didnt Ennis get rocked in Buffalos last game into the end boards? Probably injured.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:34 PM
caley

So, the big question is: would a package of Ehrhoff and Ennis be enough to land Ryan O'Reilly? In theory, Colorado's getting what they would want: a Top 4 defenceman and a Top 6 forward (Not a center)?

If teams were unwilling to make a deal for McCormick, I'd guess that he will clear waivers, unless Buffalo was refusing to take a body back or asking for too much, that is.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:34 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
I don't see why they'd do that. Porter's Rochester's captain and a good AHLer. McCormick played well for his role in the couple games he was dressed for. Not sure why they'd swap the two. But then Lindy Ruff is making the coaching/line-up decisions. If they're clearing space for a call-up, I think it might be McNabb or Pardy. We have a lot of d-men on the roster, but not enough playing well. Wouldn't hurt to see them in NHL action, I guess.

I'm hoping it's for a trade though. Red rover, red rover, send ROR over!
just wondering do people think that ROR will fix their ailing team?

Old
02-20-2013, 12:35 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
lol no one even mentioned myers
Oh yeah, I thought he was in the OP's paragraph, but I see it was Ennis. Myers has been scratched often enough that I'm sure he's not untouchable anymore, but that was my mistake.

Old
captaincrunch89

Quote:
So, the big question is: would a package of Ehrhoff and Ennis be enough to land Ryan O'Reilly? In theory, Colorado's getting what they would want: a Top 4 defenceman and a Top 6 forward (Not a center)?

If teams were unwilling to make a deal for McCormick, I'd guess that he will clear waivers, unless Buffalo was refusing to take a body back or asking for too much, that is.
I'm going to doubt they trade Ehrhoff, he actually was banged up a bit last night, so a day off makes sense there. Ennis on the other hand was not.

Old
Boose30

one or both of gerbe/leopold get traded soon

Old
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:

Ehrhoff and Ennis is an overpayment...but would Colorado take on Ehrhoff's contract? Granted, the biggest money part is over...but you're still looking at a lot of dough over the next few years.

And Ehrhoff has a limited NTC.

Old
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Ottawa is interested in everyone these days. Even MAB.
Sure, why not? Massive injuries in Ottawa, some holes to fill. I'd hope Murray's in on ever potential scenario.

Closed Thread