HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo Move Coming?

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 12:36 PM
gdsmack267

vCash: 500
Haha I love how terrible Buffalo management is. Oh we have a terrible coach whose done nothing in 15 years, an overrated goalie and a team with no heart? Lets get rid of a heart and soul guy like McCormick; thats bound to solve all the issues.

Last edited by gdsmack267: 02-20-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old
02-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
That just seems like poor asset management, considering he has been playing, not a healthy scratch...unless they were "showcasing" him, which is really absurd. Plus not like Pegula cares about the salary...

No idea what this move is supposed to accomplish at all. Trying to trade him, fine...but no reason to put him through waivers unless you absolutely need the roster spot. Just hold on to him and maybe someone deals for him at the deadline or something.
Jones was never a healthy scratch for Calgary before he was waived either.

Waivers can be a way of letting everyone know a player is available and I would suggest most teams won't place a waiver claim on a 4th line player unless they have a few contract spots open and are desperate to fill the position. It's impossible for a team with 50 contracts to place a claim and unlikely any team at 49 would.

Swapping contracts for another role player makes the most sense if they do not demote McCormick.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:37 PM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Sure, why not? Massive injuries in Ottawa, some holes to fill. I'd hope Murray's in on ever potential scenario.
Yes, but MAB would hurt the team IMO.

I think Ottawa can grind out wins with the roster they have right now...there is a ton of parity in the league and outside of 2-3 good teams in the East, Ottawa can win against any team on it's day.

Anderson is playing great right now and that probably keeps Ottawa in games they shouldn't be in.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:38 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsmack267 View Post
Haha I love how terrible Buffalo management is. Oh we have a terrible coach whose done nothing in 20 years, an overrated goalie and a team with no heart? Lets get rid of a heart and soul guy like McCormick; thats bound to solve all the issues.
Yeah, he was definitely not the problem on this team. This move seems very odd unless a trade is in the works. They are not going to trade Ehrhoff, he has been our best defense-man this year by far.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:39 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
So, the big question is: would a package of Ehrhoff and Ennis be enough to land Ryan O'Reilly? In theory, Colorado's getting what they would want: a Top 4 defenceman and a Top 6 forward (Not a center)?

If teams were unwilling to make a deal for McCormick, I'd guess that he will clear waivers, unless Buffalo was refusing to take a body back or asking for too much, that is.
Ehrhoff + Ennis would be too much for ROR, I think. Ehrhoff has been our best defenseman overall since signing here, IMO. It really doesn't seem like the kind of move Regier would make. I'd bet Ehrhoff is just getting a maintenance day. Ennis is a guy I could see them moving though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
just wondering do people think that ROR will fix their ailing team?
No, not completely. This roster has a lot of problems (big one being coaching, which doesn't look like it's getting fixed any time soon). But players like ROR are the kind Ruff typically does well with, and he would fill a gaping void on the roster: a forward who can take tough defensive match-ups and also win some ****ing faceoffs. Doesn't fix all of our problems, but it does fix a big one.

Old
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo View Post
Didnt Ennis get rocked in Buffalos last game into the end boards? Probably injured.
Yes. This is he most likely scenario.

Old
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Yes, but MAB would hurt the team IMO.

I think Ottawa can grind out wins with the roster they have right now...there is a ton of parity in the league and outside of 2-3 good teams in the East, Ottawa can win against any team on it's day.

Anderson is playing great right now and that probably keeps Ottawa in games they shouldn't be in.
I agree, but our PP is horrible. It's not the end of the world if they can come up with a solution soon, but it's killing us. When I think MAB, I think PP only with his shot.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:40 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Local media reporting McCormick just left the ice at practice.

Make what you will of it.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:40 PM
caley

Apparently Ennis is in street clothes watching the practice, which points more toward an injury than anything else.

02-20-2013, 12:41 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Apparently Ennis is in street clothes watching the practice, which points more toward an injury than anything else.
He didn't get injured last night. Unless something happened that no one saw.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:41 PM
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
So, the big question is: would a package of Ehrhoff and Ennis be enough to land Ryan O'Reilly? In theory, Colorado's getting what they would want: a Top 4 defenceman and a Top 6 forward (Not a center)?

If teams were unwilling to make a deal for McCormick, I'd guess that he will clear waivers, unless Buffalo was refusing to take a body back or asking for too much, that is.
If this is due to a trade, would it not imply that they are getting back an extra roster player rather than trading 2 for 1?

Why open up a roster spot if you are already trading two guys to acquire one?

Old
02-20-2013, 12:42 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Oh yeah, I thought he was in the OP's paragraph, but I see it was Ennis. Myers has been scratched often enough that I'm sure he's not untouchable anymore, but that was my mistake.
If he's not still untouchable (doubtful since Regier rarely sells low on his players), there's still absolutely no chance he goes to a division rival. The last thing we need is for Myers to go somewhere else in the division and become the franchise defenseman he's capable of being.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:43 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
If he's not still untouchable (doubtful since Regier rarely sells low on his players), there's still absolutely no chance he goes to a division rival. The last thing we need is for Myers to go somewhere else in the division and become the franchise defenseman he's capable of being.
Yeah, I thought that too.

Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
6'5 270lb Byfuglien smashing him into the boards might have hurt him.

Even if Ennis was hurt, what does waiving McCormick have to do with Ennis being hurt ?

Old
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
He got drilled along the end boards from behind. No call.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:46 PM
TheStranger

Myers+

for

ROR+

Old
02-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Woodhouse

vCash: 50
Quote:
Let's get speculating! I'll close this as soon as Buffalo issues word that Ennis is injured, probably.
Ennis is there, but not practicing:
Quote:
Shawn Stepner ‏@StepnerWKBW
#Buffalo #Sabres C Tyler Ennis watching practice from bench in shorts and hooded sweatshirt. TSN reports McCormick on waivers.

Link: https://twitter.com/StepnerWKBW/stat...76435638554624
McCormick just left the ice during today's practice .. details on Ehrhoff, Ennis to come at the completion of today's skate .. AHL Rochester already has five vets (Rissmiller, Mancari, Ellis, Pardy, Tarnasky) and an exemption in Porter, so I believe they'd have to scratch one vet per game going forward if McCormick clears and one isn't recalled/moved.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:50 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody275 View Post
If this is due to a trade, would it not imply that they are getting back an extra roster player rather than trading 2 for 1?

Why open up a roster spot if you are already trading two guys to acquire one?
It could be

A) Ehrhoff/Ennis to COL for ROR, O'Byrne, Hunwick (Colorado agrees to take on the extra salary of Ehrhoff in return Buffalo takes the extra body (Hunwick) back which opens up a full-time roster spot for Tyson Barrie

B) Buffalo wants to call up a forward as insurance because Ennis is hurting

Old
02-20-2013, 12:59 PM
drewski1988

Could be why Ennis is watching the practice..although no official injury announcement he's probably just shaken up.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:03 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
It could be

A) Ehrhoff/Ennis to COL for ROR, O'Byrne, Hunwick (Colorado agrees to take on the extra salary of Ehrhoff in return Buffalo takes the extra body (Hunwick) back which opens up a full-time roster spot for Tyson Barrie

B seems unlikely. Grigs was a healthy scratch and can just be slotted back in. Leopold was a healthy scratch on defense so that covers if Ehrhoff needs insurance.

I don't think Ehrhoff is being traded at all. Just doesn't make much sense. Not to mention taking 2 D for 1 really makes no sense given the Sabres are already carrying 8 D.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewski1988 View Post

Could be why Ennis is watching the practice..although no official injury announcement he's probably just shaken up.
He played 20 min last night, and did so pretty effectively.

I suppose it could be a maintenance day, but I doubt it's from that hit......

Old
02-20-2013, 01:04 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
It could be

Still not a deal that looks right to me from Buffalo's end. We'd be giving up literally the only 2 player on our roster outside of our top line that are generating offense. We already have 3 or 4 #6-7 d-men so I can't see why Buffalo would have any interest in o'Byrne.

ETA: and also It would be stupid for Buffalo to trade Ehrhoff at all. He's been by far our best d-man this year, and he's one of only 3 currently on the roster we have signed beyond this season.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:04 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Ennis, Sekera + pick for ROR.....

do it darcy

Old
02-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Still not a deal that looks right to me from Buffalo's end. We'd be giving up literally the only 2 player on our roster outside of our top line that are generating offense. We already have 3 or 4 #6-7 d-men so I can't see why Buffalo would have any interest in o'Byrne.
Isn't Ehrhoff your best d this year, too ?

I think this is just a brain fart by Regier.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:06 PM
JPurp26

Regier has been trying to trade him so maybe a GM said he would take his contract if placed on waivers and something is already set up?

Closed Thread