HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Game 16: "Bleed Blue" San Jose Sharks @ St. Louis Blues 2/19/13 7 pm CST NBCSN

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 10:26 PM
Cudi
in the aeroplane...

vCash: 50
Stewie had an assist

not much though

Old
02-19-2013, 10:31 PM
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME

vCash: 500
should i be happy I missed this one? I had a feeling we were gonna lose this one

Old
02-19-2013, 10:32 PM
blue bleeder 24-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Wow you need to calm down. It wasn't that bad of a call.

You people are an embarrassment. Some of you act like the Blues were rested and playing a peewee team. Well San Jose is still in a playoff spot so they aren't that horrible. Jesus.
That's a bit of the school of Boudreau coming out of me I guess

I'm just so tired of bad calls. That was a bad call. And it's in the last minute in a one goal game. The Blues weren't good tonight, but neither was San Jose. The team battled hard, and that call ended the game before it was over.

We've gotten so used to bad officiating that plain bad doesn't seem that bad anymore... but it still is.

That was a game-changing call, and it was awful.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:34 PM
sbet1998

Blues didnt play a hard enough game. It is what it is.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:45 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
Stewie had an assist

not much though
NONE of The Blues had much. I don't know about most people. But, when I was playing midget and bantam, if I didn't sleep most of a night, I was worthless. Sleeping for a "cat nap" for 3-4 hours (which is the MOST I could get after the sun comes up), didn't help much, at all.

I think that a lot of people downplay lack of sleep as only an "excuse" for losing that doesn't hold water. But I disagree. You could see that The Blues had no jump for almost 2/3 of the game, and their timing was way off. They lost most of the races to the puck, couldn't get good wood on their passes, shots, attempts to clear, couldn't put their passes where they wanted them to go, couldn't get their bodies where they EXPECTED them to be at a given time, etc.

I'm sure many of you know what I'm describing, if you've ever played when very tired, or played when you are too old. Your muscle memory of thousands of skating sprints from your "prime experience" tells you you will get to "X" point on the ice after 3 more seconds, and the puck will be there. The puck gets there, all right, but you are short a stride, the pass doesn't click (your team loses possession, or you miss the tip-in, or you can't make your planned hit, etc. etc.).

The Blues just didn't have it tonight, and likely would have lost even if Allen didn't let that shot go "through" him. They had almost NOTHING left for most of The 3rd Period. They couldn't get it out of their own zone and couldn't keep possession for more than a couple seconds. They were "lucky" it didn't end 6 or 7 to 1.

I know it's very early. But with The Hawks so far ahead, it's going to be very tough to catch them. I'd sure like to have home ice advantage in a Western Conference showdown with them.

Last edited by Robb_K: 02-19-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old
02-19-2013, 10:49 PM
Mike Liut

Probably stole one in Vancouver and lost one tonight the Blues normally would win. It happens.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:04 PM
sbet1998

The adversity the Blues are going through will make this team one to remember.

Book it. Its about to get special around here.I know it when I see it.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:50 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Anybody see Stewie or Amac tonight? MIA
Stewart was fine.

McDonald, Backes, Perron, Tarasenko, Schwartz, Steen needed to step it up.

And tomorrow's game vs. Colorado will be tough for several reasons. I don't care what their record is.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:06 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
NONE of The Blues had much. I don't know about most people. But, when I was playing midget and bantam, if I didn't sleep most of a night, I was worthless. Sleeping for a "cat nap" for 3-4 hours (which is the MOST I could get after the sun comes up), didn't help much, at all.

I think that a lot of people downplay lack of sleep as only an "excuse" for losing that doesn't hold water. But I disagree. You could see that The Blues had no jump for almost 2/3 of the game, and their timing was way off. They lost most of the races to the puck, couldn't get good wood on their passes, shots, attempts to clear, couldn't put their passes where they wanted them to go, couldn't get their bodies where they EXPECTED them to be at a given time, etc.

I'm sure many of you know what I'm describing, if you've ever played when very tired, or played when you are too old. Your muscle memory of thousands of skating sprints from your "prime experience" tells you you will get to "X" point on the ice after 3 more seconds, and the puck will be there. The puck gets there, all right, but you are short a stride, the pass doesn't click (your team loses possession, or you miss the tip-in, or you can't make your planned hit, etc. etc.).

The Blues just didn't have it tonight, and likely would have lost even if Allen didn't let that shot go "through" him. They had almost NOTHING left for most of The 3rd Period. They couldn't get it out of their own zone and couldn't keep possession for more than a couple seconds. They were "lucky" it didn't end 6 or 7 to 1.

I know it's very early. But with The Hawks so far ahead, it's going to be very tough to catch them. I'd sure like to have home ice advantage in a Western Conference showdown with them.
It had an impact on the performance tonight, but we still should have had enough to win the game. If the opposition had played a fast, high impact game from the start then fair enough... but the Sharks were pretty impotent all game. There isn't really an excuse for the result.

Colorado is a different story. High altitude, fatigued etc etc. I'm not expecting anything from the game. We'll then have 2 off days until Columbus and then 4 off days until Chicago. Hopefully it will go better than our last break...

Old
02-20-2013, 05:42 AM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 1152
I'm convinced it's time for a lineup change. I thought the double vlad and bergie line was solid when they were together. I still want to find a way to get steen into perrons spot on the bashie line, but that won't happen

Old
02-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Cudi
in the aeroplane...

I do think the lack of sleep contributed to the way the Blues played. Still, the Sharks just outplayed us

Old
02-20-2013, 07:28 AM
CitizenSnips
TheFightingMongooses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
I do think the lack of sleep contributed to the way the Blues played. Still, the Sharks just outplayed us
I do not think there was any real outplaying on either side.

The Sharks did not play a good game and the Blues were just downright gassed

Old
02-20-2013, 08:18 AM
STL Hockey*

Ian Cole is awful

Old
02-20-2013, 08:24 AM
BleedBlue247

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Hockey View Post
Ian Cole is awful
Redden and Russel have been even worse. We need another quality left handed defenseman.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:14 PM
SneakerPimp82

Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
the game last night was bad, but holy hell, why all the whining and doom and gloom? look at the standings, the Blues are probably right where they should be, in the middle of a playoff hunt. The Hawks are outpacing every other team in the league by a fair margin, except the Ducks. Excepting those 2 teams, the Blues are only 4 points behind the league points leader.

take a chill pill, breathe. it's one game.

i've always wondered what a chill pill would look and taste like though.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
Steenroller

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp82 View Post
the game last night was bad, but holy hell, why all the whining and doom and gloom? look at the standings, the Blues are probably right where they should be, in the middle of a playoff hunt. The Hawks are outpacing every other team in the league by a fair margin, except the Ducks. Excepting those 2 teams, the Blues are only 4 points behind the league points leader.

take a chill pill, breathe. it's one game.

i've always wondered what a chill pill would look and taste like though.
I completely agree.

We are right where we should be. Our number 1 goalie has been out most of the season and we have had a rookie start the last 4 games.

We will be vicious to beat come the playoffs.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:38 PM
BleedinBlueSince1972
More Cowbell!!!

vCash: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Redden and Russel have been even worse. We need another quality left handed defenseman.
This.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:44 PM
SneakerPimp82

Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:
Originally Posted by reavesthemaniac View Post
I completely agree.

We are right where we should be. Our number 1 goalie has been out most of the season and we have had a rookie start the last 4 games.

We will be vicious to beat come the playoffs.
Exactly. and anyone blaming the loss on Allen should take count of how many times he stoned Pavelski, not to mention the 3 or 4 saves that came directly after the 2nd goal. the team was gassed and Allen kept them in spite of their lackluster play.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Hockey View Post
Ian Cole is awful

He's not ready for top pairing duties, but he's far from aweful. He's doing fine considering where's he playing. He should be 3rd pairing for now, with 2nd pairing potential.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:18 PM
BleedBlue247

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post
This.
Cole has shown flashes, but I'm starting to wonder if he's ever going to put it together. And Russell? Well let's just say I wish we didn't make that trade.

Closed Thread