HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Defensive Defensemen to MIN

Old
02-20-2013, 12:35 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
Done.

Value wise that really is about fair. It also fills a need for both teams.

Where's OCD?
it takes two to tango and unsurprisingly the only side biting on this is Minnesota. Pens fans in here already mentioned they don't like it.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:36 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
We'll add PMB+3rd, it's Seto+PMB+3rd for Despres+Kennedy.
We don't need Kennedy. How many players are fighting for a third line spot?!?! We don't need/want Kennedy.

We need space & 1 more good young d prospect (preferably R-h).

DeuceMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:37 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
We don't need Kennedy. How many players are fighting for a third line spot?!?! We don't need/want Kennedy.

and we don't need Setoguchi for Despres.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:37 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:

Unfortunately trades usually need to address the needs of both teams, unless someone is getting totally fleeced.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:42 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

That proposal stuffs your needs. PMB + Seto. We don't really need Kennedy anyways, change him to a 3rd or something

PMB-Crosby-Dupuis
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Jeffrey
Glass-Vitale-Boychuk

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Zucker-Granlund-Cullen
Larsson-Brodziak-Coyle
Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell

Suter-Brodin
Despres-Spurgeon
Stoner/Scandella-Gilbert

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:44 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
That proposal stuffs your needs. PMB + Seto. We don't really need Kennedy anyways, change him to a 3rd or something

PMB-Crosby-Dupuis
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Jeffrey
Glass-Vitale-Boychuk

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Zucker-Granlund-Cullen
Larsson-Brodziak-Coyle
Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell

Suter-Brodin
Despres-Spurgeon
Stoner/Scandella-Gilbert
we have no reason to trade Despres for that package AT ALL

Old
02-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

It doesn't "stuff our needs" because nobody wants to give up Despres for Setoguchi who has been underperforming and PMB who is about to be a UFA. Especially if the Wild wasn't willing to take Kennedy and his salary back.

Your lineups are also missing Seto and Kennedy, which I believe puts the Pens over the roster limit and forces them to either make another trade or waive someone. Even if it doesn't, that's not what the lines would look like with the possible exception of the second.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:46 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by domaug View Post
it takes two to tango and unsurprisingly the only side biting on this is Minnesota. Pens fans in here already mentioned they don't like it.
Many have mentioned that they do, over the course 6 or whatever different variants of this thread.

Since Despres has been playing as well as he has for you guys, I can see the hesitation however.

You also have Maatta and Morrow plus a couple others, but those three would be the only interesting ones. I know Morrow is your top d prospect, and the cost for him might be too high for us, but Maatta should be had for a fair value at least.

You have a glut of potential d. You could move 1 without hurting your prospect pool. You also need forwards. The Wild have too many forwards fighting for the same space right now. This is what makes us potential trading partners.

Maatta, trade-wise holds the least value for you guys of those three. He would also be the easiest for you to part with.

I would do Clutterbuck for Maatta straight up. Maybe throw in a conditional 3rd if he re-signs with you guys. Something around this would be about fair value. You get one part you need, we get one we need.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Canadian Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
Fraser is horrible.
How is Fraser horrible? This year he has done very well in Toronto being a defensive dman and is +13 (2nd in the league). It's not just a coincidence that he has been on the ice when the Leafs score and is on the bench when the opponent scores. If I were Minnesota (or any other team) I wouldn't write him off.

Canadian Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:48 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
It doesn't "stuff our needs" because nobody wants to give up Despres for Setoguchi who has been underperforming and PMB who is about to be a UFA. Especially if the Wild wasn't willing to take Kennedy and his salary back.

Your lineups are also missing Seto and Kennedy, which I believe puts the Pens over the roster limit and forces them to either make another trade or waive someone.
If we need to take Kennedy as a salary dump for you, that is different. I just didn't think the Pens needed a salary dump.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Many have mentioned that they do, over the course 6 or whatever different variants of this thread.

Since Despres has been playing as well as he has for you guys, I can see the hesitation however.
I think if you put up a poll on the Pens board on whether or not we'd be willing to give up Despres for Seto you'd find there wouldn't be many takers.

Quote:
[b]You also have Maatta and Morrow plus a couple others, but those three would be the only interesting ones. I know Morrow is your top d prospect, and the cost for him might be too high for us, but Maatta should be had for a fair value at least.

You have a glut of potential d. You could move 1 without hurting your prospect pool. You also need forwards. The Wild have too many forwards fighting for the same space right now. This is what makes us potential trading partners.

Maatta, trade-wise holds the least value for you guys of those three. He would also be the easiest for you to part with.

I would do Clutterbuck for Maatta straight up. Maybe throw in a conditional 3rd if he re-signs with you guys. Something around this would be about fair value. You get one part you need, we get one we need.
True on both accounts, but that doesn't mean they're desperate to trade a solid prospect for the first trade that comes along. It's not like most of those guys are knocking on the NHL door yet, some of them are in juniors. Shero has no need to make a desperation move.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
If we need to take Kennedy as a salary dump for you, that is different. I just didn't think the Pens needed a salary dump.
It's less of a dump and more of a "why should we hold onto it and put ourselves over the roster limit at the same time?"

Still, IMO Setoguchi for Despres in any iteration is a non-starter.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:52 PM
mpp9

I would do Clutter for Maatta straight up.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:54 PM
mpp9

Quote:
It's less of a dump and more of a "why should be hold onto it and put ourselves over the roster limit at the same time?"

Still, IMO Setoguchi for Despres in any iteration is a non-starter.
At the beginning of the season, I would have said Seto for Despres was fair. But having seen how far along he is, I wouldn't move him for anything but a cost controlled longterm solution. Seto having one more year til he's a UFA and struggling like he has, Shero wouldn't do that deal.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
At the beginning of the season, I would have said Seto for Despres was fair. But having seen how far along he is, I wouldn't move him for anything but a cost controlled longterm solution. Seto having one more year til he's a UFA and struggling like he has, Shero wouldn't do that deal.
Before the season started I think a lot of Pens fans thought he was the most expendable of the D, or at least the one who was both expendable and could get a decent return. After seeing him play I'll be upset if he's traded. Granted it's a small sample size & he's made some rookie mistakes but you don't have to look deep to see the talent there. He's been impressive IMO. Same with Bortuzzo, though in a different way.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:03 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
I think if you put up a poll on the Pens board on whether or not we'd be willing to give up Despres for Seto you'd find there wouldn't be many takers.

True on both accounts, but that doesn't mean they're desperate to trade a solid prospect for the first trade that comes along. It's not like most of those guys are knocking on the NHL door yet, some of them are in juniors. Shero has no need to make a desperation move.
SOME of your posters completely undervalue Seto. That's not my fault, that's yours. These same posters have also shown a complete lack of understanding about who and what he is as well. This does not make set posters look knowledgeable or reasonable. Seto has value.

I guarantee you that Shero, being a better judge of a player than some of these posters, will at least acknowledge that Seto is not this retarded drooling fool that some of these posters would have you believe. You guys don't want to trade Depsres for him? That's fair. But you DO NOT get to undervalue him the way you have, and seem reasonable or like you know what the hell you're talking about.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:05 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
They did not before Kris Chreider started shoehorning PMB into the deal.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
SOME of your posters completely undervalue Seto. That's not my fault, that's yours. These same posters have also shown a complete lack of understanding about who and what he is as well. This does not make set posters look knowledgeable or reasonable. Seto has value.

I guarantee you that Shero, being a better judge of a player than some of these posters, will at least acknowledge that Seto is not this retarded drooling fool that some of these posters would have you believe. You guys don't want to trade Depsres for him? That's fair. But you DO NOT get to undervalue him the way you have, and seem reasonable or like you know what the hell you're talking about.
The fact that SOME Pens fans undervalue Seto in your eyes is my fault? Ok.

Nobody said he didn't have value. What we said is that his value is not currently enough that we'd be willing to trade Despres for him.

No idea why you're making this all personal but I pretty much get to value or undervalue whoever I want, it's a free country. If you mean Pens fans undervalue him, you're entitled to your opinion.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:08 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:

You guys need at least 1, if not two decent wingers if you're going to do anything this year come the playoffs. It might not be a trade with the Wild, but I'd bet you'll be trading with someone for a winger. It's also going to cost you what you have the most of to spare, a defensive prospect and/or draft picks. When the trade happens, it is going to be fair value as much as possible as well, Pens might even be the ones over paying some, just because there is a lot of need for decent wingers on a lot of teams.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:10 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:

Nobody said he didn't have value. What we said is that his value is not currently enough that we'd be willing to trade Despres for him.

No idea why you're making this all personal but I pretty much get to value or undervalue whoever I want, it's a free country. If you mean Pens fans undervalue him, you're entitled to your opinion.
Have you read all my posts?!

You should. They will grant you your value on Despres and you can drop your beating a dead horse.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
You guys need at least 1, if not two decent wingers if you're going to do anything this year come the playoffs. It might not be a trade with the Wild, but I'd bet you'll be trading with someone for a winger. It's also going to cost you what you have the most of to spare, a defensive prospect and/or draft picks. When the trade happens, it is going to be fair value as much as possible as well, Pens might even be the ones over paying some, just because there is a lot of need for decent wingers on a lot of teams.
No kidding, but this thread is about Setoguchi and somehow now PMB. Saying he doesn't need to make a desperation move is not the same as saying he won't make any trades.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Have you read all my posts?!

You should. They will grant you your value on Despres and you can drop your beating a dead horse.
In this thread, yes. In every thread that has ever been posted here, no. If you're not talking directly to someone you might want to not use the use of YOU repeatedly.

As far as beating a dead horse, I'm pretty sure this thread wasn't started by a Pens fan.

Old
Grackle Party
Varls Barkley 2k12

The Avs will give you Ryan O'Bryne for a 3rd

Grackle Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:

By the way, I specified SOME. It makes a difference. Again, try reading someone's post in full before you respond. Save your little straw man argument tactics for when you try to get elected.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
By the way, I specified SOME. It makes a difference. Again, try reading someone's post in full before you respond. Save your little straw man argument tactics for when you try to get elected.
How is it a straw man argument tactics? I'm not interested in seeing the Pens trade Despres for Setoguchi. I'm less interested in a package including PMB. End of story. I've been pretty clear about that from the beginning of the thread.