HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks at Blues 5PM NBCSN CSNCA KFOX "Time to PANIC!"

Old
02-20-2013, 12:41 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Nope sorry. I was wearing my Thornton jersey and my friend ate 19 tater tots at the bar so clearly we were responsible for him doing so well.
Yeah but you wear your Thornton jersey 24/7. Doesn't do anything.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:44 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
It keeps Thornton from shooting the puck. Seriously, he didn't even shoot that puck when he scored. He kicked it to his stick and let it deflect in. He didn't want to give the impression that he could or would shoot the puck. He's devoted to the no-shooting rule.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:46 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

vCash: 500
Quote:
Nu uh. You don't know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
It keeps Thornton from shooting the puck. Seriously, he didn't even shoot that puck when he scored. He kicked it to his stick and let it deflect in. He didn't want to give the impression that he could or would shoot the puck. He's devoted to the no-shooting rule.
Well PM it's clear that Tmac must've told him that everytime he passes the puck to the goal cam it counts as 7 assists.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:48 AM
OrrNumber4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
What you're saying is that puck skills are not the most important attribute from a defenseman. I disagree with that assertion. Puck-moving is the single greatest necessity from a d-man in this game right now...especially to this team, a puck-possession team. They need guys that are good on the breakouts and good at holding the puck in. Regardless, by any reasonable measure, Demers and Braun should be in the lineup over Murray. Murray's defensive play is barely on par with both those guys because his mobility is so awful and his puck play is the tipping point.
To reinforce my point, Braun and Demers deserve to play over Murray because Murray has been very bad. Braun and Demers have not played over Murray; Murray has played under them.

I haven't seen really good puck-moving from either player. Average, middling. Like many other defensive d-men. Actually not even as good as Murray in his prime; great first-pass out of the zone.

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:56 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Well PM it's clear that Tmac must've told him that everytime he passes the puck to the goal cam it counts as 7 assists.
Boy how I wish that were true. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
To reinforce my point, Braun and Demers deserve to play over Murray because Murray has been very bad. Braun and Demers have not played over Murray; Murray has played under them.

I haven't seen really good puck-moving from either player. Average, middling. Like many other defensive d-men. Actually not even as good as Murray in his prime; great first-pass out of the zone.
You should watch them more then because both are better than Murray. Demers is well above average as a puck-mover. Braun is above average as well. They're able to handle the puck in all three zones. Something Murray can't do. And Murray's first pass is vastly overrated. The actual pass itself may have a low turnover rate, it is hardly anything beyond a basic pass. He never stretches the ice. He never threads a pass through a lane. It's never a pass that actually starts the offense let alone create a scoring opportunity.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:17 AM
Phu

That was a quality win against a quality opponent. Yeah they had the travel excuse, but we had the horrible slump and playing-crappy-after-4 days off excuses. In the end the Sharks found their battle level and decisively outbattled the blues down the stretch, taking advantage of the weakness. That was a hard-earned, well-deserved win.

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:33 AM
vilpertti

Good game from everyone on the team. Blues are a good opponent, and the Sharks matched up to their physicality and came on top in the hitting game, not in least part because of Murray and Marleau.

If only the powerplay could generate sustained pressure... But at least the PK is very good.

vilpertti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:36 AM
sharski

sharski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:37 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

How is that negative.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:49 AM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 797
After the blues goal, the Sharks played some of their best hockey since the losing streak began. It was almost like a light switch went off and everyone played really well. I really do like what Kennedy is bringing to the team even though I have this feeling he will be sent down before too long. Still, if you're going to ride a hot hand, you keep Kennedy up.

This was also a must win in that no one is beating Chicago. Would have hated to go into Chicago with a 8 game losing streak. Now if the Sharks wanted more confidence they will finally end Chicago's, which is just now getting ridiculous.

SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:32 AM
jMoneyBrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
This may be a coaching issue, but I'm not seeing the offensive contributions from Demers or Braun. At this point in his career, I had hoped that Demers could be a defensemen you could rely on for 30-40 points. Part of why that has not happened has been his stalled development, for sure. Braun is following the same path. Looked like a guy who could be dependable for 30-40 points; he had 11 in nearly a full season last year, and is pointless this year.
Try dragging Murray around and contribute points at the same time. Nobody has been able to do that this season or last.

jMoneyBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:38 AM
jMoneyBrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeytown View Post
Awesome, I support this, someone should make a GIF outta the first few seconds.
Done and Done

jMoneyBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:04 AM
FeedingFrenzy

Sharks played well enough to win. Still dont understand the love fest with Murray, wouldn't be surprised if Demers and his agent tells TMac to go F himself and doesn't re-sign with us when the season ends.

Burns-getting his feet,looked much better
Kennedy-works hard,SHOOTS the puck
Niemi-MVP
Clowe-At rock bottom so he can only improve, right?

Someone mentioned earlier about running a line with Shepp,Wingels,Kennedy. I really like that idea

FeedingFrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:15 AM
do0glas

I still like what Zeus brings to the two way game, but I think it's time to try another option there. Sustained zone time is nice...but it comes in spurts from the third line, and the actual scoring chances aren't there. Shep deserves a shot, wingels could do it, but it took him 10 games to figure out a wingers zone responsibilities, so I'd hold off.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:09 AM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
As long as Boyle is here, Demers and Braun will never reach their potential offensively. He just eats up too much time on the PP & ev strength with our best forwards for them to do so.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
As long as Boyle is here, Demers and Braun will never reach their potential offensively. He just eats up too much time on the PP & ev strength with our best forwards for them to do so.

Boyle is a lot better than Demers and Braun, so he should be getting more ice time and playing with the best forwards. Right now what the youngsters need is to play on a nightly basis without the fear of getting benched for Murray after one bad game running through their heads.

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:15 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Boyle is a lot better than Demers and Braun, so he should be getting more ice time and playing with the best forwards. Right now what the youngsters need is to play on a nightly basis without the fear of getting benched for Murray after one bad game running through their heads.
Personally, I think a big issue for Demers is that he feels he can't take even the smallest offensive risk, because if he makes a mistake he knows his ass is stapled to the pressbox for three more games. For that reason, he isn't showing what he can do offensively.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
One bad game? Try one good game!

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Personally, I think a big issue for Demers is that he feels he can't take even the smallest offensive risk, because if he makes a mistake he knows his ass is stapled to the pressbox for three more games. For that reason, he isn't showing what he can do offensively.
Yeah I wish they would absolve this D situation already. Also Cody McCormick was put on waivers today...would solidify the 4th line because it was a mess last night.

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:52 PM
dwood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
After the blues goal, the Sharks played some of their best hockey since the losing streak began. It was almost like a light switch went off and everyone played really well. I really do like what Kennedy is bringing to the team even though I have this feeling he will be sent down before too long. Still, if you're going to ride a hot hand, you keep Kennedy up.

This was also a must win in that no one is beating Chicago. Would have hated to go into Chicago with a 8 game losing streak. Now if the Sharks wanted more confidence they will finally end Chicago's, which is just now getting ridiculous.
I doubt you'll see Kennedy sent down. He has speed and hands, Sharks need that. He may have already passed havlat on the Depth chart.

He may have made Galiardi expendable now though. That guy is a hack. He does nothing but talk when he's dressed and has a weak shot. I hope Kennedy keeps it up and opens the door for a trade that can get someone in here who can actually score goals. A sniper is desperately needed too many slow playmakers here.

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:59 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Yeah I wish they would absolve this D situation already. Also Cody McCormick was put on waivers today...would solidify the 4th line because it was a mess last night.
McCormick is not better than Gomez or Galiardi.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
McCormick is not better than Gomez or Galiardi.
Probably not but its not like they've done much. Pelech looked lost..clearly not comfortable at forward.

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:17 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

Quote:

Agreed. Moreover, just look at how Braun's been playing in comparison to Demers. He's zipping around the ice, skating the puck out of the zone, and frequently jumping up to help out the forwards while Demers spends a lot more time in the D zone and just tries for one outlet pass after another. Pure speculation on my part, but I think that Braun's longer leash is at least partially responsible for his willingness to take more chances offensively. In a season full of frustration, the treatment of Demers (yet again) is at the top of my list.

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:32 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
I doubt you'll see Kennedy sent down. He has speed and hands, Sharks need that. He may have already passed havlat on the Depth chart.

The amount of hate you have towards Havlat is amazing. Were you a big Heatley fan or what?

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:34 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post

The amount of hate you have towards Havlat is amazing. Were you a big Heatley fan or what?
Even that wouldn't make too much sense. I'm as big a Heatley fan as exist, and I'm also a huge Havlat supporter around here.