HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The ALL encompassing Rumors & Speculation Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Broad Street Elite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Well it depends on what he makes. 50 ish point forwards (well 40-50) are in the 3-4 mil range i would guess.

We really gotta be careful trading forwards. We arent as "deep" as we used to be.
Not sure about the deep part. When healthy, we have 8 top 6 forwards and clearly our closest prospects are also forwards. That doesn't even mention McGinn or Talbot who can play up a level for a limited period.

I'm not advocating move a forward for the sake of moving a forward, but I certainly would be fine with the Flyers trading a forward in a package for a young PMD to balance our otherwise very young core.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Prongo
Beer

I agree with people saying no to Matt Read for Dan Boyle. I was just throwing names out there because of what Dreger said. If we are making a move for a defender, I want in the off season and he has to be young. The Flyers need one they can build around for years, not one that will retire in years.

Also we have to remember if we are resigning Read, it's Homer at the helm here. He is a little generous when giving his contracts out. 3-4 million sounds right but if Read has two more very productive years I could easily see 4.5 per.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
NO, NO AND NO to trading top 6 forwards for old defenseman making to much money.
Just stop. please.
Thank you. Well said.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:54 AM
BringBackStevens

This team needs to find a long term solution d, not a stop gap. That's what kimmo is for us right now.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Mike Richards 18

Just a quick question of people's opinion..... I've felt this way for a while and I'm curious if people make the same connection. Does anyone else out there see a strong comparison between Read and Gagne? I feel like I do and I love it! That is all

Old
02-20-2013, 11:57 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Read for Boyle = Penny wise pound foolish. NO!

Old
02-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16 99

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
Just a quick question of people's opinion..... I've felt this way for a while and I'm curious if people make the same connection. Does anyone else out there see a strong comparison between Read and Gagne? I feel like I do and I love it! That is all
ehh, Gagne was a bit bigger than Read, a little faster, and more skilled with the puck. But Read's goals are usually pretty Gagne-esque

Old
02-20-2013, 12:10 PM
Mike Richards 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg LeClair View Post
ehh, Gagne was a bit bigger than Read, a little faster, and more skilled with the puck. But Read's goals are usually pretty Gagne-esque
Wishful thinking I guess but like we've said there are certain things he does that flash gagne.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:28 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Well he looks like gagne in the face.

I doubt he ever breaks 40

Old
02-20-2013, 01:54 PM
BackWithaVengeance

Since he's waived, would anyone be interested to pick up CodyMcCormick from waivers?

I know our biggest need is a top-pairing d-man but I feel we could use a big fourth line center as well. Don't know his face-off abilities though.

Talbot won't cut it and seems to be better as a 3rd line wing.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Prime Gagne was a sniper. Read isn't at that kind of skill level offensively, but his combination of skill, effort and awareness make him a very valuable supporting piece.

As stated by others, I think Matt Read would be hardpressed to score 30 goals, let alone the 40 that Gagne scored.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWithaVengeance View Post
Since he's waived, would anyone be interested to pick up CodyMcCormick from waivers?

I know our biggest need is a top-pairing d-man but I feel we could use a big fourth line center as well. Don't know his face-off abilities though.
Not that great.

2012-2013: 48%
2011-2012: 47%
2010-2011: 42%

Not worth the contract spot.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:12 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

I want: Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, OEL, Faulk. Any of them would do.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:21 PM
PantherStriker

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangiroux View Post
I want: Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, OEL, Faulk. Any of them would do.
Huge Shattenkirk fan, ever since his days with the Avs. He's probably a lot easier to pry away from the Blues than Petro

Last edited by PantherStriker: 02-20-2013 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Typo :(
Old
02-20-2013, 04:52 PM
Prongo
Beer

I would think one target not this off season but next is PK Subban. I saw a lot of people talking about how most likely signed his last contract with Montreal. If Laughton plays next year and plays well, I could see him being a piece involved to get him.

2014 RFA's look like this

Gudbranson
Schultz
Subban
MDZ
Mcbain
Erixon
Gardiner
De Haan
Ellis

Lot's of potential players could be had there. Especially considering where those franchises are. PK is probably one of the more likely to be shipped out after the whole debacle up there in the off season.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:12 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
I don't think laughton gets you a player of that caliber. But Couturier does. And if laughton is ready to play I'm willing to pony up Couturier for one of the names above. Schenn is playing like a 2c and plays best when in the middle. We out our eggs in his basket when we got his brother. And since its a pretty good majority of you that are opposed to moving couturier or g to the wing, that leaves Couturier as our 3c for now and in the future. It's a j. Staal situation. Except we don't even need another c coming back in the deal we have laughton in the pipeline to fill that exact role. We can get a #1 d if we put Couturier on the table and at most he's a 2b c on this team.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
I don't think laughton gets you a player of that caliber. But Couturier does. And if laughton is ready to play I'm willing to pony up Couturier for one of the names above. Schenn is playing like a 2c and plays best when in the middle. We out our eggs in his basket when we got his brother. And since its a pretty good majority of you that are opposed to moving couturier or g to the wing, that leaves Couturier as our 3c for now and in the future. It's a j. Staal situation. Except we don't even need another c coming back in the deal we have laughton in the pipeline to fill that exact role. We can get a #1 d if we put Couturier on the table and at most he's a 2b c on this team.
The Flyers do need a top notch defensemen to increase their chances of winning the cup, but having a top notch selke center like Couturier also increases their chances of winning the cup. Couturier shut down the MVP last year. Laughton, though looking good in his own right, is a step below Couturier. Having a big center who can not only shut down the opposing teams best player but also score goals is very very rare. Look at Anaheim's cup. Yes they had Scott Niedermayer and Chris Pronger who are both hall of famers but Rob Niedermayer was just as important for them winning the cup that year. He shut down the best lines and added in some timely scoring. Jordan Staal was just as important to winning the cup for Pittsburgh too.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:57 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
I have likened him to a kapanen type player. Smart and can play in all situations. Size isn't far off. Lol

Old
02-20-2013, 06:45 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
2B?....at best?!
Hes a kid! Big guys take time to develop...did you see him on the phantoms this year?

The sophomore slump is biting RNH as well, and hes not a 2B center either!

Old
02-20-2013, 06:54 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Prime Gagne was a sniper. Read isn't at that kind of skill level offensively, but his combination of skill, effort and awareness make him a very valuable supporting piece.

As stated by others, I think Matt Read would be hardpressed to score 30 goals, let alone the 40 that Gagne scored.
gagne had those seasons because of forsberg. you center read with giroux for an entire season and he could muscle his way to a 40 goal season. its just hard to believe until you see it.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:08 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
2B?....at best?!
Hes a kid! Big guys take time to develop...did you see him on the phantoms this year?

The sophomore slump is biting RNH as well, and hes not a 2B center either!
It appears my opinion is fairly different then that of the rest of you. I'll go ahead and keep it to myself from now on haha.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Prongo
Beer

Buy buy buy buy buy!!!!!

Old
02-21-2013, 02:03 AM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

I know no one wants to trade Hartnell but I was just curious what his value would be. I also know that you definitely want a player like Scotty on your team. I am just curious what he'd be worth.

Old
02-21-2013, 05:10 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangiroux View Post
I know no one wants to trade Hartnell but I was just curious what his value would be. I also know that you definitely want a player like Scotty on your team. I am just curious what he'd be worth.
You should've seen this board about 15-16 months ago!!

Old
02-21-2013, 08:13 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
It appears my opinion is fairly different then that of the rest of you. I'll go ahead and keep it to myself from now on haha.
I don't think I would advocate trading Couturier, but if the right deal came along I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Closed Thread