HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rozsival,Sykora and rookie camp

Old
07-13-2006, 06:51 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Rozsival,Sykora and rookie camp

Hockey agent Rich Winter represents many Czech players including Petr Sykora and Michal Roszival

Quote:
Winter also represents Michal Rozsival and said he is not convinced the Rangers want to bring back the defenseman who enjoyed a breakout 2005-06 season.

"Glen (Sather) and I talked early on, but there really have been no developments," Winter said. "I'm not sure, from what we've seen, if they want to re-sign him."

Rozsival is a restricted free agent who made $700,000 last season. He is seeking approximately $2.5 million per season and is willing to sign a one-year deal. The Rangers offered him a multi-year deal in the $2 million-per range
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...p-366218c.html

The Rangers offered Roszival 3 years/$5.7 million.He saw what Brian Pothier/Joe Corvo received as group III's and wants the same.Can't say I blame him but let some other team give it to him.Sign a one year to play in 2006-07 and then become a group III next summer.Or sign the one year QO which expires 5pm on July 15

Winter says the Rangers aren't an option for Sykora and they were eliminated as a possibilty early on in the process.He didn't like the way he was used by Tom Renney

Quote:
"Tom Renney treated Petr extremely well," Winter said. "But it was a challenge to play behind someone like Jaromir Jagr on the power play. Petr was only playing 12-14 minutes a game and Tom didn't feel that he should see time on the point of the power play. So we just felt it was in everybody's best interests for Petr to look elsewhere."

Winter says there are six teams interested in Sykora

Quote:
More than two dozen Rangers youngsters, including Marc Staal, will face similar squads from seven other franchises in a Michigan camp in early September, just before training camp opens. Goalie Al Montoya is expected to test his repaired shoulder there, although he may not play
http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers...rk_everson.htm

Last edited by RangerBoy: 07-13-2006 at 06:59 AM.
RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 06:55 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Kind of contradicts what Renney said yesterday on WFAN. Not surprising. Kind of falls into place with the Leetch rumors, too. Not that siging Leetch is going to happen.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 06:59 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Brian Pothier(4 years/$10 million)
Joe Corvo(4 years/$10.5 million)

Old
07-13-2006, 07:02 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Kind of contradicts what Renney said yesterday on WFAN. Not surprising. Kind of falls into place with the Leetch rumors, too. Not that siging Leetch is going to happen.
Tom isn't the GM

John Dellapina couldn't resist bringing up Brian Leetch He is just like Larry Brooks who from 1997-2000 didn't go three days w/o mentioning Mark Messier

Old
07-13-2006, 07:10 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Tom isn't the GM

John Dellapina couldn't resist bringing up Brian Leetch He is just like Larry Brooks who from 1997-2000 didn't go three days w/o mentioning Mark Messier
Agreed. My point is that trying to take anything out of the Renney interview yesterday was pointless. If anyone expected Renney to come out and exactly what the Rangers' plans are, they're fooling themselves. "Yes, Joe, we're going to sign Brian Leetch, then trade Michal Rozsival for a draft pick" is just not something that Renney is going to disclose. Or, "no , Joe, now that we have Brendan, signing Martin Rucinsky would be a complete waste of time."

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 07:18 AM
HAPPY HOUR

If Sheldon Souray is available, I would inquire about his availability. I NEVER post hypo trades but..... Sign Roszival, then trade him and D.Moore for Souray. Just imagine that powerplay.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 07:20 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Also the Habs would love Moore. He scored about half of his total NHL goals against them.

Old
07-13-2006, 07:33 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Agreed. My point is that trying to take anything out of the Renney interview yesterday was pointless. If anyone expected Renney to come out and exactly what the Rangers' plans are, they're fooling themselves. "Yes, Joe, we're going to sign Brian Leetch, then trade Michal Rozsival for a draft pick" is just not something that Renney is going to disclose. Or, "no , Joe, now that we have Brendan, signing Martin Rucinsky would be a complete waste of time."
I heard the interview and didn't make a single comment except Joe Beningo is terrible

Old
07-13-2006, 08:04 AM
SharksDownUnder

Send a message via Skype™ to SharksDownUnder
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hour View Post
If Sheldon Souray is available, I would inquire about his availability. I NEVER post hypo trades but..... Sign Roszival, then trade him and D.Moore for Souray. Just imagine that powerplay.
If you read why Souray might be available...it makes it clear that he won't be in NY .... but rather LA, SJ or somewhere on the west coast.... his daughter is in LA and he wants to be near her.

SharksDownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 08:22 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksDownUnder View Post
If you read why Souray might be available...it makes it clear that he won't be in NY .... but rather LA, SJ or somewhere on the west coast.... his daughter is in LA and he wants to be near her.
What makes you think that Bob Gainey has to send him where he wants to go?? I recall hearing that Zdeno Chara was going to sign in LA, because he and his family loved California.I don't know about you but I was very suprised that he signed with the Bruins. Gainey will do what is in the best interest of his team.and not bow to players who tell him where they want to go.

Old
07-13-2006, 08:42 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Hockey agent Rich Winter represents many Czech players including Petr Sykora and Michal Roszival

The Rangers offered Roszival 3 years/$5.7 million.He saw what Brian Pothier/Joe Corvo received as group III's and wants the same.Can't say I blame him but let some other team give it to him.Sign a one year to play in 2006-07 and then become a group III next summer.Or sign the one year QO which expires 5pm on July 15

Winter says the Rangers aren't an option for Sykora and they were eliminated as a possibilty early on in the process.He didn't like the way he was used by Tom Renney
Joe Corvo: 40 pts, 38 PIMs; Brian Pothier: 35 pts, 59 PIMs; Michal Rozsival: 30 pts 90 PIMs.

I blame him for wanting the same. First off, these guys are UFA. Second, they got their points despite not getting first line minutes. Corvo had just a few minutes less per game, but he wasn't really out there with their top guys. Rozsival spends the entire game with Jagr and he gets a handful of points. I also listed PIMs, because we know how Rozsival gots his. Even if Pothier and Corvo take lame hooking and interference calls every game (which isn't the case) they at least do it less frequently. At this point, they should force him to take the QO and go UFA next year. He has had one good NHL season and to look for that kind of money pre UFA is silly. Go earn it.

And Sykora isn't happy how he was used? Does he want to be first line RW somewhere? Good luck, Pal.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 08:58 AM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Good. I dont want Rozival playing on this team anymore anyway.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Fletch

I agree with Mugerya...

and I don't blame Sykora. When you're a second line winger you expect more minutes and more PP time. Problem is, I think Renney saw what many of us saw in Sykora and that was a player who seemed like he can pot in the more-than-occasional goal, but when he didn't do that, he did little else. Also, down the stretch, Renney did stretch Jagr's minutes at the expense of others because that's the way he wanted to win. It's a bit of both, but if Sykora's gone, I really don't care why.

Where I agree whole-heartedly is on the Rozsival situation. The guy has one year and he wants a big boost from the team that put him in the situation to succeed mightily. Further, he wants a UFA's contract - I thought the purpose of the RFA rules was to keep salaries down and give team relief. His production can be replicated (of course, though, I can almost guarantee that no Ranger will be +35 next season, perhaps not even +25 and I'm sure people will point to a missing Rozsival if he were not to be here).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Levitate

keep in mind this is an agent talking...he talks exactly like a guy who is looking for leverage and being a tough bargainer. "oh they have no interest, they're not giving us enough money, we deserve this much and they aren't offering so they don't see that interested, blah blah". I'm talking about his Rozsival comments btw.

just sounds they're not getting the offers they really want and spin that into "well the rangers don't want my client back at all!"

and I'll probably get an irresistable urge to stab someone in the eyeball through my monitor if Rozsival isn't on the team next year and someone says "no one's a plus 35, it's because Rozsival is gone! Sather sucks!"

edit: and I like how the Rangers are holding another rookie camp in September...good stuff

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 10:51 AM
shoothepuck

Two players that can walk. NY will do fine without them.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 11:59 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
Joe Corvo: 40 pts, 38 PIMs; Brian Pothier: 35 pts, 59 PIMs; Michal Rozsival: 30 pts 90 PIMs.

I blame him for wanting the same. First off, these guys are UFA. Second, they got their points despite not getting first line minutes. Corvo had just a few minutes less per game, but he wasn't really out there with their top guys. Rozsival spends the entire game with Jagr and he gets a handful of points. I also listed PIMs, because we know how Rozsival gots his. Even if Pothier and Corvo take lame hooking and interference calls every game (which isn't the case) they at least do it less frequently. At this point, they should force him to take the QO and go UFA next year. He has had one good NHL season and to look for that kind of money pre UFA is silly. Go earn it.
Actually, Corvo and Pothier are MUCH worse than Rozsival, IMO.

If Corvo got 2+M Roz is worth 3M...

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 12:01 PM
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post

There's not doubt in my mind that Rozsival is a 2.5-3 M defenseman on the open market; I would just rather not pay that and let him walk.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 12:05 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
There's not doubt in my mind that Rozsival is a 2.5-3 M defenseman on the open market; I would just rather not pay that and let him walk.
Same here.

I just think it's a bit ridiculous to blame the guy for wanting contracts of fairly inferior players.

Old
07-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksDownUnder View Post
Agreed, plus theres no way Souray is dealt for Roszy and Dom Moore, Habs can do better than that for SS, if not the fans would be livid.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 12:08 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:

Corvo had one good year and got $10.5 million/4 years from Mr.Magoo is crying about the CBA being bad for Ottawa.BOO HOO

Old
07-13-2006, 12:10 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
edit: and I like how the Rangers are holding another rookie camp in September...good stuff
It actually a rookie tournament of 8 NHL teams being held in Michigan

Old
07-13-2006, 12:11 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Thank you.Corvo had one good year and got $10.5 million/4 years from Mr.Magoo is crying about the CBA being bad for Ottawa.BOO HOO
Exactly!

Corvo is on the same plane that Andy Delmore is on.

At least Rozsival is fairly adequate defensively and decent offensively. He's 10x the player Joe effin' Corvo is..

Old
07-13-2006, 12:11 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
It actually a rookie tournament of 8 NHL teams being held in Michigan
We're actually in a rookie tournament!?

Old
07-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
We were in alot of Rookie tournys in the 90's I recall. A few were played at U of Vermont

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Draft Guru

Quote:
I remember we were in one a few years ago in Kitchener, Ontario.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote