HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLIX All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 10:19 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
For once Rejean Tremblay said something smart on radio this morning regarding the club.

Apparently their's an article about the french factor in La Presse, someone rumbling about the not enough francophone in the team etc.

RT said it was stupid because MTL is fort in the East at the moment and that Molson did an effort to hire almost only francophone. + he said that all francophone leading the league in pts are over 30 so it's the Q's fault and not the CH.
Sorry. That's not smart. That's total idiocy 'cause it's actually a COMPLETE turnaround from everything he has preached in the past oh so many years. Like somebody said, the only reason why he shuts up, is because we're 1st in the league. Only freakin reason. Tremblay is a pure egocentric idiot and knows NOTHING about hockey.

Whether we win or not, I will ALWAYS stand behind the fact that I did believe not enough effort was made towards the Q to get the best Q players. While the Q isn't getting the number of key players that the other leagues has, there are still players out there. And any organization would have, at least, give the same type of effort going to games, hiring great people but most likely listening to what those guys had to say come draft day (this was the ONLY good thing Tremblay said). I believe it will be made for the upcoming years so that we don't miss out on key players coming out of this league. Doesn't mean we'll draft all of them but we will be more open and that's great.

But Tremblay has always preached that the Montreal Canadiens NEEDS to have a lot of francos on the team. And that he prefers losing with francos than winning with none. (Of course, proof right there that he doesn't care about this franchise).

Old
02-20-2013, 10:27 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Sorry. That's not smart. That's total idiocy 'cause it's actually a COMPLETE turnaround from everything he has preached in the past oh so many years. Like somebody said, the only reason why he shuts up, is because we're 1st in the league. Only freakin reason. Tremblay is a pure egocentric idiot and knows NOTHING about hockey.

Whether we win or not, I will ALWAYS stand behind the fact that I did believe not enough effort was made towards the Q to get the best Q players. While the Q isn't getting the number of key players that the other leagues has, there are still players out there. And any organization would have, at least, give the same type of effort going to games, hiring great people but most likely listening to what those guys had to say come draft day (this was the ONLY good thing Tremblay said). I believe it will be made for the upcoming years so that we don't miss out on key players coming out of this league. Doesn't mean we'll draft all of them but we will be more open and that's great.

But Tremblay has always preached that the Montreal Canadiens NEEDS to have a lot of francos on the team. And that he prefers losing with francos than winning with none. (Of course, proof right there that he doesn't care about this franchise).
Couldn't agree more and like I said the fact that he has nothing to say now that were in 1st shows how pathetic RT is!

Old
02-20-2013, 10:33 AM
ClasslessGuy

I agree 100% with you guys.

This morning I was surprise to hear that on the Arcand morning radio show. Guess he just wanted to critize La Presse.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:06 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
rejean tremblay makes me want to murder a batch of puppies

guy is such a hack i am ashamed he has a job in the french media

Old
02-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Sabres waive McCormick.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:08 AM
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Sabres waive McCormick.
Pass for me. Tough to understand Buffalo's point of view though.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:11 AM
Et le But

Complaining about the number of Francophone players right now, during a winning streak, seriously?

I thought La Presse was supposed to be one of the more reasonable papers too, at least by Quebec media standards (and yes I'm including the Gazette here).

Old
02-20-2013, 11:16 AM
LeHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Complaining about the number of Francophone players right now, during a winning streak, seriously?

I thought La Presse was supposed to be one of the more reasonable papers too, at least by Quebec media standards (and yes I'm including the Gazette here).
French media will always complain about lack of French players. French players -> more interest from french fans -> more interest in French newspapers -> more money for the newspaper.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Pass for me. Tough to understand Buffalo's point of view though.
Same, but I'm still on the side of not liking Armstrong and would take him over Army.

Apparently the Sabres have been trying to trade McCormick

Old
02-20-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Sabres waive McCormick.
I like White's play this year, aside from the indiscipline...so I don't think there's a need for McCormick

But I'd prefer McCormick over Noke...but doubt the Habs put in a claim

Old
02-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Ya I don't see Bergevin putting a claim on McCormick. I wouldn't mind him but I doubt we pick him up

Old
02-20-2013, 11:51 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Ya I don't see Bergevin putting a claim on McCormick. I wouldn't mind him but I doubt we pick him up
1-he isn't a feared fighter
2-we have Prust White Moen already
3-we have 23 players on the roster, 24 with Nokelainen

Old
02-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:

We should always take what Tremblay say with a grain of salt, the guy admited in interviews that he doesn't like hockey much. And he covers it because it's his job. He said he prefers what's behind sports than watching sports.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 50
Is it me or Ryan Miller always ***** and whine?

Old
02-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

Tremblay waves a fleur-de-lys flag but he doesn't know how to put it down. I have a suggestion as to where he can stick the flagpole.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
We should always take what Tremblay say with a grain of salt, the guy admited in interviews that he doesn't like hockey much. And he covers it because it's his job. He said he prefers what's behind sports than watching sports.
If I were his editor I'd make him cover the Habs' road games and file reports on deadline.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:15 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Is it me or Ryan Miller always ***** and whine?
Big time whiner...didn't always seem to be like that, but the last season or two, man the guy is a major sook...about everything...

Old
02-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Ruff fired.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I guess it was expected with the last couple of seasons they've had

Old
02-20-2013, 02:27 PM
peate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Ruff fired.
16 years on the job, that's pretty amazing but I guess they had no choice.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:29 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Wrote an article on my blog yesterday about how Ruff should be fired and why. Maybe I'm getting more views than I thought

Seriously though, it'll be good for the Sabres and Ruff. I don't imagine he'll be unemployed too long. He's an effective coach but like any he has his shelf life. Sabres fans must be dancing in the streets though.

Old
Rutabaga

I think its unfair to him, since most of the questionable decisions were made by Regier. (I also wonder which impact Pegula has on these poor decisions...)
Ehrhoff and Leino's signings, players with a clearly inflated value because of their use in their former team, the awful trade of Roy leaving them with a huge hole at center, this kind of mistakes is just too much to overcome in such a competitive environment.

Old
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Jessica Rusnak ‏@JessRusnak
With Lindy Ruff getting let go I would love to see Randy Cunneyworth get a proper shot at being a head coach in the NHL

I don't want MacKinnon in our division.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:33 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
With Lindy Ruff getting let go I would love to see Randy Cunneyworth get a proper shot at being a head coach in the NHL

OH ****!!

They figured out our strat...

Old
02-20-2013, 02:33 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:

Hah! good one.

Really. I would love to see cunneyworth given a shot again. Just to laugh at his awful coaching.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Closed Thread