HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms and more (Apr 4. Charges against Nick Cousins are dropped)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2013, 08:03 PM
  #426
4thline4life
The Mased God
 
4thline4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: n philly
Posts: 2,209
vCash: 50
Is the logo on the jersey like their mascot now? Where's phlex? Hes like my favorite mascot of all time. What the hell is that thing?

4thline4life is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 09:12 PM
  #427
ilovetheflyers8
Registered User
 
ilovetheflyers8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: D.C.
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 4,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
Is the logo on the jersey like their mascot now? Where's phlex? Hes like my favorite mascot of all time. What the hell is that thing?
They got rid of Phlex because he was too much a part of the team's time in Philadelphia.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 09:25 PM
  #428
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I thought I read somewhere that the new agreement with Sweden meant that we had his rights longer.

To be eligible for the CHL, he'd have to be picked in the import draft, which the Flyers should be able to arrange via the Hunters or Russ Farwell or Stothers.
I know he needs to be selected in the import draft to be eligible to play in the CHL. My question is, would playing in the CHL potentially move his signing deadline up to the 2 year threshold rather than the 4? Since its been 2 years across the board for all prospects, I didn't really know how it would work. I would think it would still be 4 since he wasn't drafted out of the CHL, but that's only a guess.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 11:24 AM
  #429
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Is anyone else really impressed that cousins has been able to have such a good year in the ohl with all the issues looming over his head? Personally, I wouldn't have blamed him if he were unable to focus and slipped a bit but he's been really good. Hopefully he's found innocent and it turns out to be a non-issue, but obviously if he's found guilty he should serve the proper punishment.

orange is better is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:18 PM
  #430
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 10,228
vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Is anyone else really impressed that cousins has been able to have such a good year in the ohl with all the issues looming over his head? Personally, I wouldn't have blamed him if he were unable to focus and slipped a bit but he's been really good. Hopefully he's found innocent and it turns out to be a non-issue, but obviously if he's found guilty he should serve the proper punishment.
I'm more impressed he is able to have the year he is having with the dearth of talent the S.S. Greyhounds have.

he has over 30 pts more than the 2nd highest point producer on the team. 33 percent more . Thats a huge discrepency.

It's not like he is feeding some first line winger that is on a tear, his teammates are not so hot.

Jtown is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 02:17 PM
  #431
Go For It
Registered User
 
Go For It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Collegeville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,014
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Is anyone else really impressed that cousins has been able to have such a good year in the ohl with all the issues looming over his head? Personally, I wouldn't have blamed him if he were unable to focus and slipped a bit but he's been really good. Hopefully he's found innocent and it turns out to be a non-issue, but obviously if he's found guilty he should serve the proper punishment.
A somewhat minor thing, but something that has always bugged me; being found "not guilty" is not the same thing as "innocent".

Go For It is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 02:30 PM
  #432
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
A somewhat minor thing, but something that has always bugged me; being found "not guilty" is not the same thing as "innocent".
I'd argue being found "not guilty" is the same thing as being found "innocent", but "being found not guilty" truly isn't the same as being found "innocent" or "being found innocent". But in the legal aspect it is, so I guess you either go with it or you don't.

Ryker is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 02:47 PM
  #433
Broad Street Elite
Registered User
 
Broad Street Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
I'd argue being found "not guilty" is the same thing as being found "innocent", but "being found not guilty" truly isn't the same as being found "innocent" or "being found innocent". But in the legal aspect it is, so I guess you either go with it or you don't.
What he was basically say, that "reasonable doubt" still leaves a lot to interpretation. For example, a person could be 90% sure that someone committed a crime, but find them mot guilty based on there being a reasonable doubt about their guilt.

OJ Simpson was found "not guilty", but every juror interviewed left the impression that, in their mind, he probably committed the crime, but it wasn't proven beyond that shadow of doubt.

Broad Street Elite is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 02:55 PM
  #434
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
What he was basically say, that "reasonable doubt" still leaves a lot to interpretation. For example, a person could be 90% sure that someone committed a crime, but find them mot guilty based on there being a reasonable doubt about their guilt.

OJ Simpson was found "not guilty", but every juror interviewed left the impression that, in their mind, he probably committed the crime, but it wasn't proven beyond that shadow of doubt.
That's what I was saying, as well.

Ryker is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 06:40 PM
  #435
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
A somewhat minor thing, but something that has always bugged me; being found "not guilty" is not the same thing as "innocent".
Quite obviously, but you know what I mean. Whether or not he's actually innocent is an entirely different discussion. But if he's found not guilty then all we can assume is that he's innocent because we really don't have any other information.

orange is better is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 12:44 PM
  #436
bbcelite
Registered User
 
bbcelite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Mark Alt is having a rough year this year. In terms of raw skill, there's lots to like about what he brings to the table. However, he's going to need someone to really help him bring it all together. The work ethic is there and at the very least, he should be a very competent bottom pairing guy. But, if someone can help him put it all together, he could be a real solid number 3 - 4 guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Who can help him put it together? Murray in the AHL?

Someting new about Alt??? Really looking forward about this guy.

bbcelite is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 04:08 PM
  #437
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
The hounds are playing Sarnia tonight hope Cousins has another monster game. Friday night hounds at London Cousins vs Stolarz .

BleedOrange is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 09:49 PM
  #438
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,283
vCash: 500
Here's stat lines for some of our prospects for tonight.

Laughton- 1G
Mathers- 2G 2A
Cousins- 3G 1A

Cousins with 98 points now.


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 02-21-2013 at 11:13 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 10:14 PM
  #439
Jordan941
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Here's stat lines for some of our prospects for tonight.

Laughton- 1G
Mathers- 2G 2A
Cousins- 3G 1A

Cousins with 97 points now.
'


Cousins's night is impressive.... but Mathers? There is a surprise!

Jordan941 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 10:26 PM
  #440
poneill27
Registered User
 
poneill27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
Country: United States
Posts: 661
vCash: 500
Nick Cousins

gp G A Pts pim

57 26 72 98 +26 68

poneill27 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:05 PM
  #441
Go For It
Registered User
 
Go For It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Collegeville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,014
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan941 View Post
'


Cousins's night is impressive.... but Mathers? There is a surprise!
Budding power forward. The next Jody Shelley.

Go For It is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:16 PM
  #442
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Budding power forward. The next Jody Shelley.
Peterborough is one of the worst teams in the OHL. I believe Mathers plays in their top 6.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:22 PM
  #443
Go For It
Registered User
 
Go For It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Collegeville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,014
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Peterborough is one of the worst teams in the OHL. I believe Mathers plays in their top 6.
I was hoping the sarcasm emote wasn't necessary.

Go For It is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:31 PM
  #444
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
I was hoping the sarcasm emote wasn't necessary.
I knew you were being sarcastic. I was just throwing that out there for those who don't know.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 06:14 AM
  #445
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I knew you were being sarcastic. I was just throwing that out there for those who don't know.
Isn't he the captain now too. I heard somewhere that as soon as he got the C he's been scoring at nearly a ppg pace. We got a real gem there

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 08:44 AM
  #446
Psuhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,824
vCash: 500
For anybody who has seen him play, does Mathers look like someone who could take a regular shift on the 4th line without being a liability?

Psuhockey is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:30 AM
  #447
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Cousins in London tonight im hoping Stolarz is in net for the knights and has a great game.

BleedOrange is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:42 AM
  #448
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
Cousins in London tonight im hoping Stolarz is in net for the knights and has a great game.
Im torn between the two. I want cousins to get points but stolie to not let goals in. Hmmmm haha

sa cyred is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:07 AM
  #449
DeflatedFootball7
Registered User
 
DeflatedFootball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Belleville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
For anybody who has seen him play, does Mathers look like someone who could take a regular shift on the 4th line without being a liability?
He looks fine at this level, but in reality Superstar is considered one of the best players in Halifax Mooseheads history and yet he's our worst player. So I doubt it but you never know.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:40 AM
  #450
BackWithaVengeance
Registered User
 
BackWithaVengeance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Good old Europe
Posts: 912
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
He looks fine at this level, but in reality Superstar is considered one of the best players in Halifax Mooseheads history and yet he's our worst player. So I doubt it but you never know.
3rd line, 10-15 goals power forward with a mean streak and I'd **** my pants out of joy.

BackWithaVengeance is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.