HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 16: Vancouver Canucks @ Dallas Stars - Feb 21 - 5:30PM PST - SPAC

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 02:58 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
The practice lines have Raymond with Booth and Schreoder, while Higgins and Hansen are skating with Kesler.
You have Raymond Kesler Hansen as our starting line up. That's why

Old
02-20-2013, 03:00 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
He isn't.

Kesler is between Higgins and Hansen.

Other than that, I thought Raymond actually gave the puck to a linemate in a scoring position multiple times last time, that linemate was Kesler.

I know you have a hate on for Kesler, but I thought he played well, had at least 3 good scoring chances.

If Raymond could have hit the net last night, he may have had some too.
I disagree, and based on the PGT from last night many others do too. Kesler had a terrible game.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:02 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Garrison plays right on the PP so it might not be as bad as we think.

Edler will be fine on the right eventually. Newell Brown is just terrible at utilizing the d properly this year.
Brown doesn't run the defense, but if you mean on the PP...its because no Right hand shot on the point hurts the entire set up.

It's why the PP actually looks decent now that Kesler is back, and playing on the point.

Henrik likes to set up on the right wing so his stick is in the middle, giving him and angle to either go quickly down low, or cross ice, or to set up the one timer on the point. It is completely thrown off with two lefties back there.

The right handedness or lacktherof is major contributing factor to our PP's inability to produce.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:03 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
I disagree, and based on the PGT from last night many others do too. Kesler had a terrible game.
Sorry, I read the PGT and GDT last night, and I wouldn't take many if any of the gripes in there seriously.

Is it possible for you name some instances of what Kesler did last night that contributed to him having a "terrible game"? (other than the dive)

Old
02-20-2013, 03:03 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

Quote:
Brown doesn't run the defense, but if you mean on the PP...its because no Right hand shot on the point hurts the entire set up.

It's why the PP actually looks decent now that Kesler is back, and playing on the point.

Henrik likes to set up on the right wing so his stick is in the middle, giving him and angle to either go quickly down low, or cross ice, or to set up the one timer on the point. It is completely thrown off with two lefties back there.

The right handedness or lacktherof is major contributing factor to our PP's inability to produce.
I meant he played the right on the PP in Florida.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Alan Jackson

Schneider starts, per twitter

Old
02-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Schneider starts tomorrow night.

Quote:
Vancouver Canucks‏@VanCanucks
Schneider will get the start in Dallas. #Canucks
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Old
02-20-2013, 03:07 PM
aandbreatheme

Right call to play Schneider, IMO. Time for the team to start turning things around.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:08 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
I meant he played the right on the PP in Florida.
IIRC, Florida set up on the LW alot, allowing Garrison to get his one timer on the right side.

Brown can only do so much, when Henrik and Daniel (the facillitators of our PP) are both lefties and all our big slap shot players (outside of our new whipping boy, Ryan Kesler) are lefties too.

The right shot is important.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
Disagree. The team lost, and Schneider was not good v Dallas last week. Luongo gets the start Thursday IMO.
Are you freaking kidding me??? If it weren't for Schneider that would have been a blow out. He made three breakaway saves in the first period and pretty much gave them that point by himself. What would they say to him if he doesn't get the start? Ridiculous.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:10 PM
croutonsinmysalad

Quote:

Well, since they probably know their weaknesses, isn't it the coach's job to come up with a plan to play to their strengths/tweak up the power play? I still want to fire the power play coach, the power play has been a problem since summer of 2011.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
You have Raymond Kesler Hansen as our starting line up. That's why
Well then!

I have no real good answer to that. *hangs head in shame, heads off to fix the OP*

Old
02-20-2013, 03:16 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

Quote:
Sorry, I read the PGT and GDT last night, and I wouldn't take many if any of the gripes in there seriously.

Is it possible for you name some instances of what Kesler did last night that contributed to him having a "terrible game"? (other than the dive)
Given 21 minutes of ice time, I saw no production offensively. I saw many missed defensive coverage assignments.

I saw more than a few times where he'd try to take it through the opposing blue line by himself only for him to be trapped into the boards. I saw him pass up passes to teammates who have played the entire season. I saw him try to dangle multiple times only to get it stripped by a pokecheck.

Not once did I see him try a chip and chase all night.

Again, I'm not ragging on him because of what I noticed in the first paragraph because I attribute those to not being in game shape. I'm ragging on him because even from just coming off an injury, all his crappy habits that proved to be noneffective and counter productive are still here.

Kesler is at his best when he's shutting down the other team and playing a gritty, chip and chase, game. If Kesler wants to shoot, put him on the wing.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:17 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

@VanCanucks:
Quote:
Schneider will get the start in Dallas. #Canucks
too slow

As expected, AV rewarded a valiant effort by Cory and hopefully he responds with another big game

Old
02-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

vCash: 50
quack quack

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
02-20-2013, 03:21 PM
opendoor

Makes sense to start Schneider. He's generally been excellent against Dallas and was great last night.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Schneider basically cost us the last Dallas game, similar to his first game against Anaheim. He then went on to shut them out in the next game, here's hoping for a similar performance against Dallas.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:42 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Given 21 minutes of ice time, I saw no production offensively. I saw many missed defensive coverage assignments.

I saw more than a few times where he'd try to take it through the opposing blue line by himself only for him to be trapped into the boards. I saw him pass up passes to teammates who have played the entire season. I saw him try to dangle multiple times only to get it stripped by a pokecheck.

Not once did I see him try a chip and chase all night.

Again, I'm not ragging on him because of what I noticed in the first paragraph because I attribute those to not being in game shape. I'm ragging on him because even from just coming off an injury, all his crappy habits that proved to be noneffective and counter productive are still here.

Kesler is at his best when he's shutting down the other team and playing a gritty, chip and chase, game. If Kesler wants to shoot, put him on the wing.
I'll just agree to disagree.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:09 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Are you freaking kidding me??? If it weren't for Schneider that would have been a blow out. He made three breakaway saves in the first period and pretty much gave them that point by himself. What would they say to him if he doesn't get the start? Ridiculous.
I totally agree, don't misinterpret my feelings as I was guessing based on past choices by AV. Obviously I was wrong, which is fine by me.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:50 PM
Samzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Can we get a new coaching lineup?
send AV down to the farm and call up Arniel?

Old
02-20-2013, 05:57 PM
TTOMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Really outclassed. Makes you wonder what this team really is. It was sobering type of game to say the least.
It certainly was a rude awakening. Really hope it opened up the Canucks' eyes. I haven't been pleased with their play in most games since the middle of last season, but that one took the cake.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:59 PM
allkill326

4-2 Dallas Stars.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Really outclassed. Makes you wonder what this team really is. It was sobering type of game to say the least.
Pretty cool though that it was against the best team in the league, and they couldn't even beat us for real.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:50 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Pretty cool though that it was against the best team in the league, and they couldn't even beat us for real.
Choked away a two goal lead more spectacularly than the Canucks have this year.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Choked away a two goal lead more spectacularly than the Canucks have this year.
With Seabrook out and Emery in net. This whole attitude of pretending there was nothing wrong with last night's game is just so delusional. Whatever makes you feel better, I guess.

Closed Thread