HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 16: Vancouver Canucks @ Dallas Stars - Feb 21 - 5:30PM PST - SPAC

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2013, 02:58 PM
  #76
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater
 
shortshorts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
The practice lines have Raymond with Booth and Schreoder, while Higgins and Hansen are skating with Kesler.
You have Raymond Kesler Hansen as our starting line up. That's why

shortshorts is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:00 PM
  #77
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater
 
shortshorts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
He isn't.

Kesler is between Higgins and Hansen.

Other than that, I thought Raymond actually gave the puck to a linemate in a scoring position multiple times last time, that linemate was Kesler.

I know you have a hate on for Kesler, but I thought he played well, had at least 3 good scoring chances.

If Raymond could have hit the net last night, he may have had some too.
I disagree, and based on the PGT from last night many others do too. Kesler had a terrible game.

shortshorts is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:02 PM
  #78
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Garrison plays right on the PP so it might not be as bad as we think.

Edler will be fine on the right eventually. Newell Brown is just terrible at utilizing the d properly this year.
Brown doesn't run the defense, but if you mean on the PP...its because no Right hand shot on the point hurts the entire set up.

It's why the PP actually looks decent now that Kesler is back, and playing on the point.

Henrik likes to set up on the right wing so his stick is in the middle, giving him and angle to either go quickly down low, or cross ice, or to set up the one timer on the point. It is completely thrown off with two lefties back there.

The right handedness or lacktherof is major contributing factor to our PP's inability to produce.

arsmaster is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:03 PM
  #79
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
I disagree, and based on the PGT from last night many others do too. Kesler had a terrible game.
Sorry, I read the PGT and GDT last night, and I wouldn't take many if any of the gripes in there seriously.

Is it possible for you name some instances of what Kesler did last night that contributed to him having a "terrible game"? (other than the dive)

arsmaster is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:03 PM
  #80
thepuckmonster
Moderator
on the decline
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Brown doesn't run the defense, but if you mean on the PP...its because no Right hand shot on the point hurts the entire set up.

It's why the PP actually looks decent now that Kesler is back, and playing on the point.

Henrik likes to set up on the right wing so his stick is in the middle, giving him and angle to either go quickly down low, or cross ice, or to set up the one timer on the point. It is completely thrown off with two lefties back there.

The right handedness or lacktherof is major contributing factor to our PP's inability to produce.
I meant he played the right on the PP in Florida.

thepuckmonster is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:04 PM
  #81
Alan Jackson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,413
vCash: 500
Schneider starts, per twitter

Alan Jackson is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:04 PM
  #82
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,773
vCash: 500
Schneider starts tomorrow night.

Quote:
Vancouver Canucks‏@VanCanucks
Schneider will get the start in Dallas. #Canucks
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Mr. Canucklehead is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:07 PM
  #83
aandbreatheme
Registered User
 
aandbreatheme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 500
Right call to play Schneider, IMO. Time for the team to start turning things around.

aandbreatheme is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:08 PM
  #84
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
I meant he played the right on the PP in Florida.
IIRC, Florida set up on the LW alot, allowing Garrison to get his one timer on the right side.

Brown can only do so much, when Henrik and Daniel (the facillitators of our PP) are both lefties and all our big slap shot players (outside of our new whipping boy, Ryan Kesler) are lefties too.

The right shot is important.

arsmaster is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:10 PM
  #85
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
Disagree. The team lost, and Schneider was not good v Dallas last week. Luongo gets the start Thursday IMO.
Are you freaking kidding me??? If it weren't for Schneider that would have been a blow out. He made three breakaway saves in the first period and pretty much gave them that point by himself. What would they say to him if he doesn't get the start? Ridiculous.

Nuck This is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:10 PM
  #86
croutonsinmysalad
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Brown doesn't run the defense, but if you mean on the PP...its because no Right hand shot on the point hurts the entire set up.

It's why the PP actually looks decent now that Kesler is back, and playing on the point.

Henrik likes to set up on the right wing so his stick is in the middle, giving him and angle to either go quickly down low, or cross ice, or to set up the one timer on the point. It is completely thrown off with two lefties back there.

The right handedness or lacktherof is major contributing factor to our PP's inability to produce.
Well, since they probably know their weaknesses, isn't it the coach's job to come up with a plan to play to their strengths/tweak up the power play? I still want to fire the power play coach, the power play has been a problem since summer of 2011.

croutonsinmysalad is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:11 PM
  #87
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
You have Raymond Kesler Hansen as our starting line up. That's why
Well then!

...

I have no real good answer to that. *hangs head in shame, heads off to fix the OP*

Mr. Canucklehead is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:16 PM
  #88
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater
 
shortshorts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Sorry, I read the PGT and GDT last night, and I wouldn't take many if any of the gripes in there seriously.

Is it possible for you name some instances of what Kesler did last night that contributed to him having a "terrible game"? (other than the dive)
Given 21 minutes of ice time, I saw no production offensively. I saw many missed defensive coverage assignments.

I saw more than a few times where he'd try to take it through the opposing blue line by himself only for him to be trapped into the boards. I saw him pass up passes to teammates who have played the entire season. I saw him try to dangle multiple times only to get it stripped by a pokecheck.

Not once did I see him try a chip and chase all night.

Again, I'm not ragging on him because of what I noticed in the first paragraph because I attribute those to not being in game shape. I'm ragging on him because even from just coming off an injury, all his crappy habits that proved to be noneffective and counter productive are still here.

Kesler is at his best when he's shutting down the other team and playing a gritty, chip and chase, game. If Kesler wants to shoot, put him on the wing.

shortshorts is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:17 PM
  #89
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 41,283
vCash: 500
@VanCanucks:
Quote:
Schneider will get the start in Dallas. #Canucks
too slow

As expected, AV rewarded a valiant effort by Cory and hopefully he responds with another big game

LPH is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:20 PM
  #90
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,761
vCash: 50
quack quack


__________________

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:21 PM
  #91
opendoor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,214
vCash: 500
Makes sense to start Schneider. He's generally been excellent against Dallas and was great last night.

opendoor is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:27 PM
  #92
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,716
vCash: 500
Schneider basically cost us the last Dallas game, similar to his first game against Anaheim. He then went on to shut them out in the next game, here's hoping for a similar performance against Dallas.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:42 PM
  #93
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
Given 21 minutes of ice time, I saw no production offensively. I saw many missed defensive coverage assignments.

I saw more than a few times where he'd try to take it through the opposing blue line by himself only for him to be trapped into the boards. I saw him pass up passes to teammates who have played the entire season. I saw him try to dangle multiple times only to get it stripped by a pokecheck.

Not once did I see him try a chip and chase all night.

Again, I'm not ragging on him because of what I noticed in the first paragraph because I attribute those to not being in game shape. I'm ragging on him because even from just coming off an injury, all his crappy habits that proved to be noneffective and counter productive are still here.

Kesler is at his best when he's shutting down the other team and playing a gritty, chip and chase, game. If Kesler wants to shoot, put him on the wing.
I'll just agree to disagree.

arsmaster is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 04:09 PM
  #94
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Are you freaking kidding me??? If it weren't for Schneider that would have been a blow out. He made three breakaway saves in the first period and pretty much gave them that point by himself. What would they say to him if he doesn't get the start? Ridiculous.
I totally agree, don't misinterpret my feelings as I was guessing based on past choices by AV. Obviously I was wrong, which is fine by me.

m9 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:50 PM
  #95
Samzilla
Registered User
 
Samzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Can we get a new coaching lineup?
send AV down to the farm and call up Arniel?

Samzilla is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:57 PM
  #96
TTOMO
Registered User
 
TTOMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Port Moody, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Really outclassed. Makes you wonder what this team really is. It was sobering type of game to say the least.
It certainly was a rude awakening. Really hope it opened up the Canucks' eyes. I haven't been pleased with their play in most games since the middle of last season, but that one took the cake.

TTOMO is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:59 PM
  #97
allkill326
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
4-2 Dallas Stars.

allkill326 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 06:43 PM
  #98
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,360
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Really outclassed. Makes you wonder what this team really is. It was sobering type of game to say the least.
Pretty cool though that it was against the best team in the league, and they couldn't even beat us for real.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 06:50 PM
  #99
thepuckmonster
Moderator
on the decline
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Pretty cool though that it was against the best team in the league, and they couldn't even beat us for real.
Choked away a two goal lead more spectacularly than the Canucks have this year.

thepuckmonster is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 07:09 PM
  #100
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Choked away a two goal lead more spectacularly than the Canucks have this year.
With Seabrook out and Emery in net. This whole attitude of pretending there was nothing wrong with last night's game is just so delusional. Whatever makes you feel better, I guess.

Tiranis is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.