HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Avs-Caps

Old
02-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Mouse21*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
So how about:
Elliott, O'Reilly, 1st
Carlson, Johansson, 2nd
absolutely no chance we add a first.

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:03 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse21 View Post
absolutely no chance we add a first.
But we add a second, it wasn't in the original deal, too.

Listen, Johansson and Carlson for O'Reilly and Elliott is lopsided. You've gotta give something more. We either pull Johansson from the deal and get a 1st for him alone somewhere else or we keep him in, add a second and you add a first.
Think if it this way:
Johansson + 2nd = 1st
Carlson = O'Reilly + Elliott.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:49 PM
avsfan09

Quote:
But we add a second, it wasn't in the original deal, too.

Listen, Johansson and Carlson for O'Reilly and Elliott is lopsided. You've gotta give something more. We either pull Johansson from the deal and get a 1st for him alone somewhere else or we keep him in, add a second and you add a first.
Think if it this way:
Johansson + 2nd = 1st
Carlson = O'Reilly + Elliott.
No thanks there jeffy.
Johansen and a second isn't worth a potential top ten pick. I don't think Carlson is worth more than O'reilly, especially with Elliot as the plus.

avsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:50 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
No thanks there jeffy.
Johansen and a second isn't worth a potential top ten pick. I don't think Carlson is worth more than O'reilly, especially with Elliot as the plus.
I don't know where to start. It's just
BTW, what if we make that first Duncan Siemens? Or Joey Hishon?

Old
02-20-2013, 03:56 PM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

vCash: 50
Quote:
If you make it a first or Siemens, we want Alzner back - otherwise it's a no-go. Not saying the value would be that off but if we give up RoR, Elliott and a 1st/Siemens I'd want a top pairing shutdown dman back and not Carlson. I am confident Barrie turns into a Carlson kind of player sooner or later and I'm willing to wait for this to happen.
I'd rather take out Johansson and do that package for Alzner + 2nd round pick.

If it's not of interest for Washington to give up Alzner I can understand that and simply guess we would not be good trading partners.

Last edited by Kschey: 02-20-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Kschey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:56 PM
avsfan09

Quote:
No to Siemens for sure. Hishon is a wild card, if he ever recovers from his concussion I seem him as being a more skilled Marchand who would be much more valuable than Johansen. We don't need Johansen.

We definitely wouldn't add to ROR for Carlson. I know Carlson has alot of potential and Dmen are worth more than forwards. But O'reilly plays and competes like a cup winner and at the moment Carlson is a little sloppy.

avsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:57 PM
dahlenrules

Like others have said, for the Caps there are other PMD's after Carlson. After Alzner though....there is....Schultz? Ya big no go.

I honestly haven't seen enough of ROR to justify Carlson for him. I'd rather resign Ribs for nothing and add a winger in the offseason.

dahlenrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:15 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
No to Siemens for sure. Hishon is a wild card, if he ever recovers from his concussion I seem him as being a more skilled Marchand who would be much more valuable than Johansen. We don't need Johansen.

We definitely wouldn't add to ROR for Carlson. I know Carlson has alot of potential and Dmen are worth more than forwards. But O'reilly plays and competes like a cup winner and at the moment Carlson is a little sloppy.
If we talk about "at the moment", O'Reilly isn't playing or competing at all. At the moment, he's got the reputation against him and against his trade value. So no matter how bad Carlson was in those 15 games after 9 months of not playing hockey, the fact that he played in them makes him way more attractive of a trade chip than ROR is. Anyway, it was an Avs fan starting this thread. We'll get back at you if we trade Ribeiro