HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonas Hiller

Old
02-20-2013, 04:08 PM
birddog*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
Thats not an injury. That is the equivalent of me rubbing my arm after someone hits me.

He followed up the FREAK vertigo injury by playing amazing int he seocnd half. i dont understand why you are even in this thread if Hiller sucks so bad and is so injury prone then leave. You obviously dont want him.
I don't understand why in one sentence you explain the injury and in the next you say he wasn't. I minor injury is still an injury.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:09 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumboThornton92 View Post
Duck fans are overating Hiller based on past performance where everyone else is willing to pay how his performance is doing right now. Which is nothing to brag about.
By past performance you mean his 250 games vs. the 7 he's played so far?

You're right. Why on Earth would we consider a 250 game sample size to be more significant than a 7 game one.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:09 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I wouldn't call it one, no. It's more like a side effect. However, that isn't even the point. The point is that the vertigo was an issue from the previous season, and he was still trying to get a handle on it.
Injuries can carry over from one season to the next. He missed games because of vertigo -- I'd call it an injury.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Leafs should really go for Hillier here.

Leaf fans better not say Reimer is better than Hillier.....ahhhhhhh here it comes

Reimer plus a Dman for Hillier should get it done. TO has some extra D. I say Gunnarson
Ready.....

It's coming......

Reimer > Hiller. Not to mention he's much younger, cheaper, and doesn't cost assets. Still has potential to boot, he's one of, if not the youngest starting goalies in the league.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Injuries can carry over from one season to the next. He missed games because of vertigo -- I'd call it an injury.
Except he didn't...

Hiller did not miss a single game last season due to vertigo. Not a single one. He played through it, ending up with 73 games played(and one missed due to a lower body injury for precautionary reasons).

Old
02-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Reimer > Hiller. Not to mention he's much younger, cheaper, and doesn't cost assets. Still has potential to boot, he's one of, if not the youngest starting goalies in the league.
I'd say don't get ahead of yourselves, but what use is that?

There are good reasons for them not to trade Reimer there, but surpassing a player like Hiller isn't one of them.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumboThornton92 View Post
Duck fans are overating Hiller based on past performance where everyone else is willing to pay how his performance is doing right now. Which is nothing to brag about.
I am sure you're just dying to trade Phil Kessel for David Clarkson these days.

Quote:
It's coming......
Not that it wasn't expected. It's shockingly unshocking.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:23 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherVaughn30 View Post
Hiller has been injury prone and he is 30 now. So it might be hard to get a 1st from another team, especially in this coming draft. I would say a 2nd + Neuvirth.
He's had 2 injuries a freak vertigo thing and missed a couple this year, looked like old hiller last game

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Perro

Quote:
Ready.....

It's coming......

Those are good reasons to not trade for Hiller however Reimer is not greater than Hiller right now.
He maybe in a few years yes, but not yet.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

For the record, I don't want Hiller to go anywhere. As far as I'm concerned, Anaheim has a real good goalie tandem this season, and they would be foolish to not take advantage of it. What happens after... that depends on the rest of the season.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Fogelhund

I'll agree with Nonis, the Leafs could use a good veteran Goaltender to help mentor our guys, and be reliable when needed. Nonis, and again I agree believes our guys have potential. There is no point for the Leafs to spend a lot to get a goaltender at this point, and it would appear as though there are several teams shopping goalies, to a market that is very small, to non-existent. To take that cap-hit and salary off you, we would be interested in doing you a favour. To spend the type of assets asked in here, Toronto simply isn't in a position to do that, nor are they interested. I am not arguing the quality of Hiller, I think he is very good. Returns are based upon supply and demand, and I really don't see any demand right now.

Fogelhund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:43 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
For the record, I don't want Hiller to go anywhere. As far as I'm concerned, Anaheim has a real good goalie tandem this season, and they would be foolish to not take advantage of it. What happens after... that depends on the rest of the season.
I think the Ducks should go for it this year and Hiller is an attractive trade piece to fill a need.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:44 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

I don't think Hiller's value is near what the Ducks fans are listing here. Moving a goalie is a lot tougher than it sounds on paper and usually much harder to get good leverage while doing it. Especially with one of Luongo or Schnieder on the market, Bernier will likely be out there as well. I don't see a first round draft pick coming, especially in this draft. Really only Washington has done well moving a goalie recently in terms of return and they could probably use that guy now over what they have.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:49 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
I don't think Hiller's value is near what the Ducks fans are listing here. Moving a goalie is a lot tougher than it sounds on paper and usually much harder to get good leverage while doing it. Esepcially with one of Luongo or Schnieder on the market, Bernier will likely be out there as well. I don't see a first round draft pick coming, especially in this draft. Really only Washington has done well moving a goalie recently.
There's a very small chance of Hiller actually being available before next season rolling along and one of the Ducks' young guys looking reliable. When that season rolls along, and some teams will have struck out on the guys that will have moved by then, it's a lot more realistic than anything happening right now. There's certainly no urgency at this point.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:51 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
First + Kessel or First plus Grabo
Oh FFS, no. Just no.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:54 PM
digdug41982

I think Detroit makes a lot of sense and can offer something to help the Ducks Cup run this year as well. Valtteri Filppula straight up gives the Ducks a 2C.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:56 PM
hlaverty06

Just for the sake of Leafs

Colborne+2ndor is that too much? Too Litte? I'm a neutral fan

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:56 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post

That sounds about right.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:10 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I think Detroit makes a lot of sense and can offer something to help the Ducks Cup run this year as well. Valtteri Filppula straight up gives the Ducks a 2C.
I am guessing they are higher on signing Howard for near the same figure Hiller makes. Filppula has struggled this season with his contract on the line. I don't think the Wings will target a goalie though, even if they are content to let Howard walk and even shop Filppula, given their penchant for cheap goalies it points to a Monster and Mrazek pairing next year or a cheap stop gap until they bring Mrazek up full time.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:11 PM
fsanford

Quote:
By past performance you mean his 250 games vs. the 7 he's played so far?

You're right. Why on Earth would we consider a 250 game sample size to be more significant than a 7 game one.
Not exactly the same situation, but probably cannot say that Fasth will be a long term number 1 based on an 8 or 9 game sample size. Interesting signing, I get they don't want to lose him over the summer, so not a bad gamble

Hiller is a solid NHL net minder.. Based on what you say you wonder if they don't keep Hiller (much larger sample size) and trade Fasth, especially with all the goalies in their system. He finishes out strong, with that contract brings back some good assets.

I suppose Hiller goes to take some salary off the payroll, to sign the big 2. Or at least Getzlaf and then get a top 6 in a Hiller deal, which would make Perry more expendable.

Teams needing Goalies..

Devils?, Jets? Leafs? Islanders? Oilers? Jackets?

Islander fans are down on Okposo, but I think he would do well in the Ducks system..
Hiller for Okposo? I don't think Thomas will ever put on an Islanders sweater so they need something..

fsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:14 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:

Thats probably what the leafs would be willing to pay. It doesnt touch any roster players but fills a team need.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:20 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Thats probably what the leafs would be willing to pay. It doesnt touch any roster players but fills a team need.
From Toronto I'd want either Biggs, Nilsson and two 2nds or Ashton, Finn and two 2nds. And that's at the draft....take a look at what Lindback got, Hiller is much more established as a #1.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
Not exactly the same situation, but probably cannot say that Fasth will be a long term number 1 based on an 8 or 9 game sample size. Interesting signing, I get they don't want to lose him over the summer, so not a bad gamble

Hiller is a solid NHL net minder.. Based on what you say you wonder if they don't keep Hiller (much larger sample size) and trade Fasth, especially with all the goalies in their system. He finishes out strong, with that contract brings back some good assets.

I suppose Hiller goes to take some salary off the payroll, to sign the big 2. Or at least Getzlaf and then get a top 6 in a Hiller deal, which would make Perry more expendable.

Teams needing Goalies..

Devils?, Jets? Leafs? Islanders? Oilers? Jackets?

Islander fans are down on Okposo, but I think he would do well in the Ducks system..
Hiller for Okposo? I don't think Thomas will ever put on an Islanders sweater so they need something..
Majority of Ducks fans would agree with you on the bolded. We aren't ready to move Hiller just yet with Fasth having played only 8 games. It was an impressive 8 games, but its still 8 games. Similar to how Ill take Hiller's proven track record over a weak 7 games, where the team hasnt played well in front of him.

We could afford to keep both Hiller and Fasth cap space wise, but i dunno about . We have 30 million free with only Getzlaf and Perry requiring raises. Even if they both want to resign and both take 8 million, we still have 14 million or so free to sign Teemu/Saku or replacements.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Selanne138

Quote:

I think someone else would give us a package we would like better. Colbourne isnt that different from Holland and we also have Karlsson and Rakell in the pipeline in terms of young potential Top 6 centers.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:

We don't need Colborne.