HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

TOR Trades

Old
02-20-2013, 01:21 PM
AK1990

vCash: 500
TOR Trades

Change things up a bit from the standard moves:

Trade 1:

To Buffalo - Gunnarsson
To Toronto - Ott

- Im not saying it has to be 1for1 but something around this? Leafs have plethora of serviceable Dman and Gunnar is cheap and controllable as he's an RFA at seasons end.

Gunnar would look great for Buffalo in top 4 role

Myers/Regher
Gunnar/Ehrhoff

Ott would be a perfect fit on a 3rd line with Komarov.
Can play LW or Centre

Trade 2:

To Pittsburgh - Kulemin, Bozak & Liles (retain $1,000,000 of Bozak's salry & $2,000,000 of Liles salary)
To Toronto - Sutter & 1st in 2013

- Reasons why

With the play of Bozak this seas he can be a perfect 3rd line centre in Pitt. He'll only cost Pens $500k if $1,000,000 is retained by Tor. Kulemin & Liles (at $1,875,000) for a late probably 28th-30th pick in draft. As much as Liles has struggled this year. He would help them on the PP. Their PP hasn't been the same since Gonchar left and I'm not comparing Liles to Gonchar but its obvious Letang needs help at QB the PP. Kulemin plays with Malkin.

Total Salary taken by Pens via deal = $5,180,000
Total Salary given by Pens via deal = $2,067,000

Difference = $3,120,000

Pitt before the deal has roughly $8.8 in cap space

Not saying the rumours are true but if O'Reilly is on radar then Leafs would be wise to trade for him!

To Colorado - MacArthur, Blacker & PIT 1st in 2013
To Toronto - O'Reilly

- Get a 1st a B level prospect and a top 6 forward.

-------

Love Grabo but I'd move him for either a B+ prospect or late 1st.

I know its hard to imagine CHI would like to tinker with such a winning lineup currently but maybe

To Chicago - Grabovski
To Toronto - either Brookbank/Montador (salary dump) & 1st in 2013 - - probably 28th-30th range.

Imagine a top 6 of

Stalberg/Toews/Hossa
Sharp/Grabovski/P. Kane

Pure filth.

Leafs Lineup after deals (when healthy)

Lupul/O'Reilly/Kessel
JVR/Kadri/Frattin
Ott/Sutter/Komarov
Orr/McClement/Brown or McLaren

Phaneuf/Holzer
Gardiner/Kostka
Fraser/Franson

Reimer/Scrivens

Thoughts?? Looking forward to hearing back from you guys!

AK1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:32 PM
LovemyNucks

Are you sure you're looking forward to hearing from us? I don't even know where to start with this post. In fact I won't even pick it apart. Every single trade in it is so out of whack with reality that even most Leafs fans are gonna cringe at them and apologize to the rest of the board on your behalf. That's saying a lot by the way. I'm giving this thread 2 pages before it gets shut down.

Last edited by LovemyNucks: 02-20-2013 at 01:34 PM. Reason: spelling
LovemyNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:00 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

If the season ended today , we'd be in a playoff spot. Why blow up the team now? Gunnarsson is on a good contract and is among of best players on a nightly basis. Theres no real room for Ott. Don't even want to break down the rest...

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Overall there is:
OUT:
Gunnar
Kulemin
Bozak
Liles
MacArthur
Grabo
Blacker

IN:
Ott
Sutter
O'Rielly
Salary Dump
Late first rounder

I feel these trades hurts Toronto's offense by quite a bit and their defense loses it's depth which will be important for a shortened, compacted, season.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:12 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
The only one i see plausible is the Chicago one, but that isnt the type of deal im making from a Toronto point of view. Pittsburgh one could happen depending on how badly they want Kulemin along side Malkin. Not terrible overall but highly unlikely.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:14 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
The only one i see plausible is the Chicago one, but that isnt the type of deal im making from a Toronto point of view. Pittsburgh one could happen depending on how badly they want Kulemin along side Malkin. Not terrible overall but highly unlikely.
"highly unlikely" is an understatement

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:35 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

No thanks. No interest in Liles at all. Seriously, not even for free. Keep him. Bozak is the same as long as we have Sutter. Only the very trade would maybe create a tiny amount of interest in Bozak. So what you think is that PIT wants Kulemin enough to give up Sutter+1st for him. Yeah. Wouldn't count on that.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
No thanks. No interest in Liles at all. Seriously, not even for free. Keep him. Bozak is the same as long as we have Sutter. Only the very trade would maybe create a tiny amount of interest in Bozak. So what you think is that PIT wants Kulemin enough to give up Sutter+1st for him. Yeah. Wouldn't count on that.
Lol great reasoning! Pretend that two Leafs pieces aren't there

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:46 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
We don't want them, so great reasoning for including them in a package to begin with. You can have a bunch of stuff we don't need instead of Sutter and the first. You won't want them, but they hold value, so shut up and be happy about them.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:54 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Absolutely do not need Liles (that's no knock on him). I think something around Sutter for Kulemin and Bozak (as a base) has some merit, but I'm higher on Bozak than most of my fellow Pens fans

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:05 PM
darty

Bozak's faceoff play this season alone makes him worth much more to the Leafs' organization than what the rest of the league may value him at. He's first in the league in faceoffs taken and faceoffs won this season and that's key for the team's performance thus far.

darty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Killswitch7187
Winter is here

Why in the world would we need Liles? Good player, but there still needs to be a fit. All because we have capspace doesn't mean we'll take a $4m player for the hell of it. I like Bozak, and he's a pretty good 3C, but we already have that. I would rather keep the first and Sutter over that Kulemin/Bozak combo.

Killswitch7187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Hotlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Absolutely do not need Liles (that's no knock on him). I think something around Sutter for Kulemin and Bozak (as a base) has some merit, but I'm higher on Bozak than most of my fellow Pens fans
I do not think the difference between Sutter and Bozak is Kulemin, not saying IcedCapp is claiming that, however, if you are centering a trade around Sutter and Kulemin, it is ridiculous for a Pens fan to say Bozak is a piece they wouldn't want. Bozak's faceoff ability and size (weight wise) would make up a lot of what losing Sutter takes away, and Kulemin has the potential to become a very dangerous payer alongside his bud Malkin.

Hotlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Hotlanta

Also, chill out OP, this team is finally finding its identity, no sense in trading roster players. One lose on a back2back and we are throwing our team away.

Hotlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:26 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta View Post
I do not think the difference between Sutter and Bozak is Kulemin, not saying IcedCapp is claiming that, however, if you are centering a trade around Sutter and Kulemin, it is ridiculous for a Pens fan to say Bozak is a piece they wouldn't want. Bozak's faceoff ability and size (weight wise) would make up a lot of what losing Sutter takes away, and Kulemin has the potential to become a very dangerous payer alongside his bud Malkin.
his original trade was Sutter and a 1st for Kulemin, Bozak, and Liles. If I remove Liles and the 1st, by his logic, the difference is... less than a first. It definitely wouldn't be Sutter for Kulemin and Bozak straight, but I was only going off of his base That said, I agree with you re: Bozak. No need to get upset

Old
02-20-2013, 04:42 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta View Post
Just in case you mistook me for someone who wants to make a trade around Sutter and Kulemin: I don't.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:49 PM
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack

Quote:
Just in case you mistook me for someone who wants to make a trade around Sutter and Kulemin: I don't.
Well everyone, since this guy doesn't want it we should probably shut it down!

HarrisonFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:51 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
We don't want them, so great reasoning for including them in a package to begin with. You can have a bunch of stuff we don't need instead of Sutter and the first. You won't want them, but they hold value, so shut up and be happy about them.
Ya, I am clearly the one who proposed the OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Meh, wouldn't trade Bozak for Sutter right now, unless we get someone to play with Kessel.
Kadri might be that guy, but no clue if they have chemistry or not.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:55 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:

Meh, wouldn't trade Bozak for Sutter right now, unless we get someone to play with Kessel.
Kadri might be that guy, but no clue if they have chemistry or not.
I would also not be opposed to you trading Kessel to Pitts... Two birds, one stone!

Old
02-20-2013, 05:00 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
Well everyone, since this guy doesn't want it we should probably shut it down!
Well, I answered to her, because I was the one who did not want Bozak. IcedCapp obviously said he liked Bozak very much, so I wondered who she was refering to with that post. Hence the "just in case."

Old
02-20-2013, 05:01 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Did I say you were?

Old
02-20-2013, 05:05 PM
momo

Leafs says No.

momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:24 PM
416Leafer

There are bad proposals, which are due to poor evaluation of talent.

And then there are just unrealistic proposals that are automatically bad. Yes, Kulemin, Bozak, and Liles are all likely to be moved in a single transaction. That makes sense...

Start off with semi-realistic proposals, so that they at least have a chance to not be bad discussion ideas.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

This more or less is just a tear down of what we currently have. I mean I get it we lost last night so it is easy to just hit the panic button and demand Nonis make a change but can we please just wait till we go on a 4 game slide then make these threads.

Mystifo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:01 PM
tsujimoto74

Buffalo says no.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote