HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How bad does Pegula look now?

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 12:15 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SackTastic View Post
"Us fans" have two options.

1. Consume the product.
2. Don't consume the product.

You can complain all you want, but those are your real choices.
No **** and when I've already coughed up my season ticket money I can ***** all I ****ing want.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

I used to think, like a lot of people..." Pegula is a fan, blah blah"

But I don't know any fans that want to keep Ruff....

So now I don't know what to think.

All I know is we are worse now than when Pegula took over, an for $20,000,000 more on the payroll

Old
02-20-2013, 03:15 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Old
02-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Clock

Well, Ruff is now gone, the contracts didn't matter, and Regier hasn't left with him yet. Now what?

Old
02-20-2013, 04:51 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
Neither Ted nor Terry 1) know enough about player personnel to have any say besides what color ink to sign in 2) this isn't Microsoft, it's the player department of a NHL franchise. The GM makes the desiscions and all Ted and Terry do is ask themselves if this holds to their vision of the franchise. If it doesn't you fire the GM. No one is vetoing anything.

In the Golisano era Darcy had to answer for every move he made. He was cautious because he had to be. 1 bust set the franchise back seasons because of lost playoff revenue. Under TP it's Darcy's roster and he handles it as he sees fit. Now he can afford to throw money at Leino and have it fail. He can trade his top prospect, he can trade for rights then have the dollars to close a deal and what's more Ted and Terry have told him they believe in his vision of this team and yes have trusted him with the keys. Either he brings the car home and we parade down main street or he totals it. Either way the Sabres future is in Darcy's hands.
Sooooo, do ya still think Ted and Terry are afraid to pull any strings?(and don't say that's not what ya said, cuz it is) As I said in my previous post, if they don't micro manage their GM, they're crappy businessman. PERIOD!

Old
02-20-2013, 05:02 PM
BowieSabresFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz28 View Post
Sooooo, do ya still think Ted and Terry are afraid to pull any strings?(and don't say that's not what ya said, cuz it is) As I said in my previous post, if they don't micro manage their GM, they're crappy businessman. PERIOD!
Actually, good businessmen know when to, and when not to micromanage something. Usually, it's a good idea to get someone competent to run things for you, especially since no one can be an expert at everything.

And there are examples out there of owners micromanaging their teams, that are much poorer as a result of such micromanaging.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowieSabresFan View Post
Actually, good businessmen know when to, and when not to micromanage something. Usually, it's a good idea to get someone competent to run things for you, especially since no one can be an expert at everything.

And there are examples out there of owners micromanaging their teams, that are much poorer as a result of such micromanaging.
Ya, maybe having a stock broker is a good idea, but letting someone else run YOUR business is a bad idea.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:47 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Slam Pegula

Slam Pegula

Slam Pegula

Ruff gets fired and those that slammed Pegula are silent. Hypocrites.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:53 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz28 View Post
Ya, maybe having a stock broker is a good idea, but letting someone else run YOUR business is a bad idea.
Warren Buffet owns like a gazillion companies and runs/manages none of them. There's no absolutes when it comes to owning and operating a business.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:23 AM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
Warren Buffet owns like a gazillion companies and runs/manages none of them. There's no absolutes when it comes to owning and operating a business.
All those companies have their own boards who do the same thing that he and Ted do. Completely different scenario between being a primary shareholder, and the owner and president.

Terry and Ted surely discuss team matters and decide if Darcy is doing a good job. If he's not, they will do something besides just wait until he screws up so bad, then fire him. It was suggested that this is what happens, and I think today proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that if they don't like something he's doing, they will intervene(veto), and not just let him screw up real bad, then fire him. THAT'S the point we were discussing.

You don't say you hope you work together forever, and then after a string of decent games just up and can said guy.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:12 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

This thread is awful quiet all of a sudden.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:15 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Slam Pegula

Slam Pegula

Slam Pegula

Ruff gets fired and those that slammed Pegula are silent. Hypocrites.
I'm not a hypocrite. Sorry I don't live on a computer.

Here I am.

I said believe it when I see it.

I saw it.

So now I believe it. What else is there to say?

Old
02-21-2013, 09:53 AM
Clock

Well, hopefully there were some quality lessons learned from this exercise.

The context of this thread was centered around Pegula being a horrid owner for not firing Ruff, now he's fired, so I'm closing it down. If someone wants to start another Pegula thread on a different premise that's fine.

Closed Thread