HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

47th Obsequious Banter Thread - Patrick Thoresen is Titanium

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-17-2013, 09:07 PM
  #26
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 450
Planning on making my (theoretically) annual trek down to Philly for a Flyers game this weekend against the Jets. Now, the last two years, I've come down with a horrendous stomach bug that landed me in the hospital instead of the Flyers game, and then last year I got a call that my brother had died as I was sitting down in my seat.

So, what I'm saying is if there is an Amtrak train derailment this Friday coming from Boston, that's my bad.

MountainHawk is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 09:16 PM
  #27
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Good thing I don't have to take Amtrak this weekend. Thanks for the heads up

Krishna is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 10:18 AM
  #28
flyersfan018
Registered User
 
flyersfan018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,359
vCash: 50
I was just sitting behind a kid in class with a 2010 Flyers Eastern Conference champs t-shirt. One of the ones with the entire roster on the back. These were some of the names:

Arron Ashan
Blair Bretts
James Van Riemsdyck
Ian Lapiererre
Oscars Bartulis

I wish I had taken a picture.

flyersfan018 is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 11:56 AM
  #29
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
I was just sitting behind a kid in class with a 2010 Flyers Eastern Conference champs t-shirt. One of the ones with the entire roster on the back. These were some of the names:

Arron Ashan
Blair Bretts
James Van Riemsdyck
Ian Lapiererre
Oscars Bartulis

I wish I had taken a picture.
Sometimes, in my nightmares, I see one of MSE's Gameday Threads with the defensive pairing of KRAJICEK - PARENT. That has been burned into my brain and I don't know if there are prescription drugs to cure it.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 12:01 PM
  #30
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,762
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
I was just sitting behind a kid in class with a 2010 Flyers Eastern Conference champs t-shirt. One of the ones with the entire roster on the back. These were some of the names:

Arron Ashan
Blair Bretts
James Van Riemsdyck
Ian Lapiererre
Oscars Bartulis

I wish I had taken a picture.


Close enough.

Edit: Gives me an excuse to pull out this picture I took.


__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 12:02 PM
  #31
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,920
vCash: 50
I just now realized the typos on the shirt and almost died laughing.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 12:18 PM
  #32
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,920
vCash: 50
I just started watching the X-Files from the beginning. This show is awesome.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 12:57 PM
  #33
Stranger Danger
the
 
Stranger Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lanc. PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,189
vCash: 500
I have just currently started watchin Star Trek: The Next Generation on Netflix! Gonna watch every episode So far I love it!

Stranger Danger is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 01:06 PM
  #34
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,436
vCash: 500
State College trying to ruin my drinking weekend. Bunch of dicks.




Those townspeople are really trying to crush this event. But State Pattys day will never die.

TheLegendkiller is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 01:30 PM
  #35
flyersfan018
Registered User
 
flyersfan018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,359
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post


Close enough.

Edit: Gives me an excuse to pull out this picture I took.

Perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
State College trying to ruin my drinking weekend. Bunch of dicks.




Those townspeople are really trying to crush this event. But State Pattys day will never die.
A buddy of mine goes there and I'm trying to visit around that time. Does it get that crazy?

flyersfan018 is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 01:35 PM
  #36
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Perfect!



A buddy of mine goes there and I'm trying to visit around that time. Does it get that crazy?
Yeah, but its like St. Pattys day crazy or Block Party crazy, or Homecoming Weekend crazy. The only reason townspeople don't like it is cause its just a student led thing and not the university. Oh and alot of the "guests" that come up to visit their friends on the weekend get really reckless. Which happens. Most of the arrests and citations are to people that don't even go to the school and are just visiting. But the townspeople are really going over-board with trying to shut it down. But bars have been closed the last 2 years for the event so students have adapted pretty well. It'll basically be tons of house and apartment parties. Plenty to do.

TheLegendkiller is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 01:43 PM
  #37
flyersfan018
Registered User
 
flyersfan018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,359
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I just now realized the typos on the shirt and almost died laughing.
I actually forgot to mention the Flyers best player Rily Cote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Yeah, but its like St. Pattys day crazy or Block Party crazy, or Homecoming Weekend crazy. The only reason townspeople don't like it is cause its just a student led thing and not the university. Oh and alot of the "guests" that come up to visit their friends on the weekend get really reckless. Which happens. Most of the arrests and citations are to people that don't even go to the school and are just visiting. But the townspeople are really going over-board with trying to shut it down. But bars have been closed the last 2 years for the event so students have adapted pretty well. It'll basically be tons of house and apartment parties. Plenty to do.
Wow. That's actually the weekend he wants me to visit so if I go I'm sure it will be an awesome environment.

flyersfan018 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 08:54 AM
  #38
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,949
vCash: 500
Anyone looking to buy speakers? I have a Vocopro Sub-1500 200W 15" Powered Subwoofer and Vocopro SV-600 a pair of 12" vocal speakers. They were part of a karaoke set up that was never really put together including these parts. I really don't know all that much about them but I see a general price on a quick google search, i'll definitely give them at a discount if a poster is interested before I put them up on eBay.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 12:17 PM
  #39
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Anyone looking to buy speakers? I have a Vocopro Sub-1500 200W 15" Powered Subwoofer and Vocopro SV-600 a pair of 12" vocal speakers. They were part of a karaoke set up that was never really put together including these parts. I really don't know all that much about them but I see a general price on a quick google search, i'll definitely give them at a discount if a poster is interested before I put them up on eBay.
Can you PM me the price? I'd definitely be interested.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:33 PM
  #40
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
This city definitely needs a big music festival that isn't thrown together last minute like Made In America was.

There's more than a few places it could take place in the city and it would bring in some much needed revenue for the city.

edit : And not that half assed ones that they did in the summer. A festival should be more than 12 hours on one day.

2 or 3 days at least

Krishna is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:38 PM
  #41
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,593
vCash: 1447
I find it amusing that there is a hockey stat and thread called THOR (reference to first post in this thread).

I should have patented Thor! as mentioned in the first post.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1355521

"Total Hockey Rating (THoR): A comprehensive statistical rating of NHL Players"

Quote:
At the start of March is the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics conference - basically the Super Bowl of sports analytics conferences.

One of the hockey related research papers is "Total Hockey Rating (THoR): A comprehensive statistical rating of National Hockey League forwards and defensemen based upon all on-ice events" - and is a very interesting look at valuing players.

Here is a link to the research paper:
http://www.sloansportsconference.com...e%20events.pdf

"Here we present a new comprehensive rating that accounts for other players on the ice will a give player as well as the impact of where a shift starts and of every non-shooting events such as turnovers and hits that occur when a player is on the ice. The impact of each play is determined by the probability that it leads to a goal for a player’s team (or their opponent) in the subsequent 20 seconds. The primary outcome of this work is a reliable methodology that can quantify the impact of players in creating and preventing goals for both forwards and defenseman. We present ratings for the top forwards and defensemen based on all events from the 2010-11 and 2011-12 NHL regular seasons."

Top 15 Defenseman (2010-2012) by THoR:
Team Player Position Wins Created
Philadelphia Flyers Kimmo Timonen D 5.73

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:45 PM
  #42
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
This city definitely needs a big music festival that isn't thrown together last minute like Made In America was.

There's more than a few places it could take place in the city and it would bring in some much needed revenue for the city.

edit : And not that half assed ones that they did in the summer. A festival should be more than 12 hours on one day.

2 or 3 days at least
Made in America was awesome.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:47 PM
  #43
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I find it amusing that there is a hockey stat and thread called THOR (reference to first post in this thread).

I should have patented Thor! as mentioned in the first post.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1355521

"Total Hockey Rating (THoR): A comprehensive statistical rating of NHL Players"
That post you quoted has someone saying Kimmo is among the worst defensemen in the league.

Alex Steen though?

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:52 PM
  #44
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Made in America was awesome.
Now imagine it if capable promoters did it.

The whole festival was weirdly thrown together with random artists.

Rap, Hip hop, and then electronic music and pearl jam. What.

Krishna is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:54 PM
  #45
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Now imagine it if capable promoters did it.

The whole festival was weirdly thrown together with random artists.

Rap, Hip hop, and then electronic music and pearl jam. What.
Haha I actually enjoyed that. I didn't ever think I'd get to see so many diverse groups I like perform together. I mean I saw Odd Future, X, and Skrillex share a stage. Pearl Jam shared a stage with Santigold and Passion Pit, along with fat Rick Ross and his stupid rap group.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 02:03 PM
  #46
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Haha I actually enjoyed that. I didn't ever think I'd get to see so many diverse groups I like perform together. I mean I saw Odd Future, X, and Skrillex share a stage. Pearl Jam shared a stage with Santigold and Passion Pit, along with fat Rick Ross and his stupid rap group.
If they are going to do it like that, at least do it like Coachella, Bonnaroo, Firefly

I'd love a full fledged electronic music festival but I doubt we are stealing any thunder from NYC with them.

Krishna is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 02:13 PM
  #47
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
If they are going to do it like that, at least do it like Coachella, Bonnaroo, Firefly

I'd love a full fledged electronic music festival but I doubt we are stealing any thunder from NYC with them.
Not sure if they still do it but you should check out the Starscape Festival down in Baltimore. All electronic. I went in 2010 and it was nuts.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 02:23 PM
  #48
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Baltimore said they'd not be allowing starscape anymore after what happened last year

Also starscape is more dubstep, electro, etc. Need more trance.

ninja edit :

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...-park-o-brocki

Krishna is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:35 PM
  #49
4thline4life
The Mased God
 
4thline4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: n philly
Posts: 2,220
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
State College trying to ruin my drinking weekend. Bunch of dicks.




Those townspeople are really trying to crush this event. But State Pattys day will never die.
Yeah my brother goes there and was sayin it might not be crazy this year, then followed up with "if you come, could you buy the kegs"

4thline4life is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 04:00 PM
  #50
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Found out yesterday Im having a baby. Hopefully new life in the Flyers fan base will turn things around

TheDrizzle81 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.