HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan O'Reilly : Money-Money-Money-Money...Mo-ney!! Thread #6

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2013, 03:20 PM
  #251
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,948
vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I know this was a couple of days ago (and probably put in these thread somewhere). Still I think it is relevant.

Jeff O'Neill ‏@odognine2
O'Reilly 18 goals career high. Get on the ice. Greedy agent. Period.


I am actually really interested to see what happens with another organization. If he continues to hold out for the longer term deal or if he signs a bridge deal specifically.
That won't happen. The return would be awful and no team is going to give up something significant for guy they might have trouble signing.

What's more likely, is the Avs find a team and a deal they like, at which point the team will be put in contact with the RoR camp (his agent and life coach) about a deal. If it works, the deal goes through.

I wouldn't be surprised if he signed for the exact same bridge deal the Avs offered him or maybe even less, out of PURE SPITE and to show "see, I'm not a bad guy, the Avs are the ones who are jerks".

Bender is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:21 PM
  #252
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,755
vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Do you honestly think Ryan O'Reilly expects to be the captain, or "much less an A", on a new team he potentially gets traded to?
I don't know - you tell me since you're buddy buddy with him. You told us he was butt hurt about the captaincy, his dad tells us he's ******** and it's not about the money. So what is it?

Bonzai12 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:21 PM
  #253
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,563
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I know this was a couple of days ago (and probably put in these thread somewhere). Still I think it is relevant.

Jeff O'Neill ‏@odognine2
O'Reilly 18 goals career high. Get on the ice. Greedy agent. Period.


I am actually really interested to see what happens with another organization. If he continues to hold out for the longer term deal or if he signs a bridge deal specifically.
I wouldn't be surprised if he signed the bridge deal for another team.
He'd have to show them what he's about, on and off the ice.
He's already shown Colorado that, so he wants compensated for it, thus, no bridge deal for COL.

Bubba Thudd is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:25 PM
  #254
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,287
vCash: 500
What do you think are the chances that ROR will play this season? Zero? 50%? Certain to play?

JLP is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:27 PM
  #255
The Mars Volchenkov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 37,294
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
This. The deal on the table for everybody probably excludes all of the Avs top prospects (Siemens, Barrie, Elliott, Sgarbossa, and Pickard). There just isn't enough prospect depth to be sending out unless a real high talent is coming back (like an OEL).

ROR + choice of depth defenseman (ROB, SOB, or Hunwick) is the most likely package the Avs will send out.
If its bringing back a top flight forward prospect, then I have no issues putting Elliott in a deal but maybe that's just me. I don't think O'Reilly alone will bring in a top 4 defenseman AND a top prospect.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:28 PM
  #256
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 21,800
vCash: 291
Still holding out hope he plays in Denver.

The Kingslayer is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:29 PM
  #257
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,523
vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
What do you think are the chances that ROR will play this season? Zero? 50%? Certain to play?
Zero chance of him for the Avs again. For other teams it just depends on what they're willing to give up.

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:31 PM
  #258
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,318
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Still holding out hope he plays in Denver.
Are you renting the ice? Need a 'tender?

TwoPadStack is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:36 PM
  #259
AvsWraith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,054
vCash: 500
After reading the thread on ROR's father on the main board, I've come to the conclusion that the Avs might have to start interviewing the fathers of all the prospects they draft from now on.

AvsWraith is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:40 PM
  #260
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
If its bringing back a top flight forward prospect, then I have no issues putting Elliott in a deal but maybe that's just me. I don't think O'Reilly alone will bring in a top 4 defenseman AND a top prospect.
It would all depend on who the prospect is coming back. A similar 'untouchable' prospect, but at a different position like Strome/Rielly/Bjugstad/etc it might be worth it to throw Elliott or Sgarbossa in, but it all depends. IMO it would have to be a true top flight prospect.

henchman24 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:53 PM
  #261
avsfan09
Registered User
 
avsfan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Except this team has no need for a 40-50pt winger. They have plenty of serviceable wingers. Besides goaltending right now, that is the last thing this team needs to address on the current or future roster. Especially when there's a decent chance they come out of the drat with Drouin.
Guy was a thirty goal-scorer in the past, and likely has more potential than 40-50 pts. You need to watch players before making statements about them. He's very skilled, has great hands and a great shot. He would probably be another forward who comes to the avalanche and rips it up.

avsfan09 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 04:05 PM
  #262
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
Guy was a thirty goal-scorer in the past, and likely has more potential than 40-50 pts. You need to watch players before making statements about them. He's very skilled, has great hands and a great shot. He would probably be another forward who comes to the avalanche and rips it up.
The biggest problem IMO with Little is that he is incredibly streaky. He won't score for 3-5 games, then get 6 points in the next 3, then get none for 3-5. If people think that Stastny goes all Casper mode, they will freak when they see Little all the time (though I think Little is a harder worker than Stastny). That said, I still wouldn't mind him on the team in the least. He is a good player that still has some untapped upside.

henchman24 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 04:07 PM
  #263
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 21,800
vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Are you renting the ice? Need a 'tender?

The Kingslayer is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 04:09 PM
  #264
wondeROY
danglesnipecelly.nee
 
wondeROY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Missoula, Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 769
vCash: 500
When was the last time a players father ruined his nhl career? After reading that article on the DP and his father's twitter account, he looks like a complete wack job.

wondeROY is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 04:42 PM
  #265
CB Joe
Registered User
 
CB Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,486
vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondeROY View Post
When was the last time a players father ruined his nhl career? After reading that article on the DP and his father's twitter account, he looks like a complete wack job.
Something about this organization just seems to do it. Lindros, Stastny, now O'Reilly.

CB Joe is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 04:45 PM
  #266
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 29,003
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
Something about this organization just seems to do it. Lindros, Stastny, now O'Reilly.
Lindros they knew in advance. They still picked him because he was worth too much not to.

Freudian is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 04:51 PM
  #267
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,523
vCash: 645
Stastny is still here after his dad's comments and if he goes elsewhere, it'll have nothing to do with what his dad said. He shouldn't be included with those other guys. Didn't Peter Stastny also call Sherman and apologize for what he said?

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:04 PM
  #268
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 18,713
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
Guy was a thirty goal-scorer in the past, and likely has more potential than 40-50 pts. You need to watch players before making statements about them. He's very skilled, has great hands and a great shot. He would probably be another forward who comes to the avalanche and rips it up.
You first need to find out if I have watched him play, before making statements like I should watch them before commenting. That's just common sense.

I have watched him play a fair amount. He's good and skilled, but he had one 31 goal season that you're obsessed with. Since then he's had a 13, 18, and a 24 goal season, and so far through 15 games is on the same consistent pace he usually ends up at with 16 goals and 49 points over an 82 game season. He's a pretty safe bet as a 20 goal 50 point guy at this point in his career. He's 25 years old, is he all of a sudden going to turn into a PPG player?

He's a good complimentary winger, or small shifty center that would be a good pickup if we needed one of those. We don't, and it doesn't make sense to bring him in and water down the return for our biggest trade asset in years.

Foppa2118 is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:11 PM
  #269
avsfan09
Registered User
 
avsfan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
You first need to find out if I have watched him play, before making statements like I should watch them before commenting. That's just common sense.

I have watched him play a fair amount. He's good and skilled, but he had one 31 goal season that you're obsessed with. Since then he's had a 13, 18, and a 24 goal season, and so far through 15 games is on the same consistent pace he usually ends up at with 16 goals and 49 points over an 82 game season. He's a pretty safe bet as a 20 goal 50 point guy at this point in his career. He's 25 years old, is he all of a sudden going to turn into a PPG player?

He's a good complimentary winger, or small shifty center that would be a good pickup if we needed one of those. We don't, and it doesn't make sense to bring him in and water down the return for our biggest trade asset in years.
Lol at me being obsessed with him. Also I was responding to the fact that you said we would have no use for him, which is a silly statement.

avsfan09 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:22 PM
  #270
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,745
vCash: 500
When it comes to Little:

Wingers Little is better than: Jones, Palushaj, McLeod, Kobasew, Bordeleau, and Hejduk

So Little would be on the 2nd line currently if he was playing wing. When Landeskog and Downie returned, Little would still be at least the 4th best winger on the team (behind Landeskog, PAP, and possibly McGinn)

Centers Little is better than: Sgarbossa, Mitchell, and Olver.

At worst Little would be a #3C behind Stastny and Duchene. This would allow the Avs to run 3 scoring lines like they were planning to this season if ROR would have stayed.

It is okay if you don't like him as a player and don't want him as a part of the ROR trade, but he would be a very useful player on this team.

henchman24 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:23 PM
  #271
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 18,713
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
Lol at me being obsessed with him. Also I was responding to the fact that you said we would have no use for him, which is a silly statement.
I said you were obsessed with that 31 goal season, and ignorning the fact he's only had 13, 18, and 24 goal seasons in the following years.

Explain to me the need for a 20 goal 50 point guy, with Landeskog, PAP, McGinn, Jones, Downie, Duchene, Stastny, and possibly even Mitchell capable of doing that. Mitchell has one more goal, and the same amount of points in two less games than Little this season.

Then show me where the proven 40+ point defenseman is on the team, and explain to me why we would add Little over an offensive defenseman?

Foppa2118 is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:46 PM
  #272
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes
 
Bill Peckerskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 5,983
vCash: 500
Anyone catch Dater on NHL Live just now? Pretty interesting stuff on the Avs and O'Reilly.

Bill Peckerskull is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:46 PM
  #273
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peckerskull View Post
Anyone catch Dater on NHL Live just now? Pretty interesting stuff on the Avs and O'Reilly.
Missed it. Breakdown?

henchman24 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:51 PM
  #274
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
What do you think are the chances that ROR will play this season? Zero? 50%? Certain to play?
Zero for the Avs. 50/50 with a new team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Still holding out hope he plays in Denver.
He will...whenever his new team comes to town late this season or sometime next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Stastny is still here after his dad's comments and if he goes elsewhere, it'll have nothing to do with what his dad said. He shouldn't be included with those other guys. Didn't Peter Stastny also call Sherman and apologize for what he said?
The whole Stastny thing was different though.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:53 PM
  #275
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes
 
Bill Peckerskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 5,983
vCash: 500
Basically said that O'Reilly's camp sent the Avs a 10 page letter, with spread sheets and stuff, stating why Ryan is worth the money he's asking for. Said the Avs used a 3 year comparison with Duchene, because they were in the same draft class, and don't feel Ryan is worth anymore than what Dutchy makes. And, as we know now from TPS, things really deteriorated from there, and Dater said there is maybe a 1% chance Ryan ever plays for Colorado again. They (the Avs and O'Reilly) are not talking at all, and everyone is now just waiting for a trade.

Bill Peckerskull is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.