HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan O'Reilly : Money-Money-Money-Money...Mo-ney!! Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I know this was a couple of days ago (and probably put in these thread somewhere). Still I think it is relevant.

Jeff O'Neill ‏@odognine2
O'Reilly 18 goals career high. Get on the ice. Greedy agent. Period.

I am actually really interested to see what happens with another organization. If he continues to hold out for the longer term deal or if he signs a bridge deal specifically.
That won't happen. The return would be awful and no team is going to give up something significant for guy they might have trouble signing.

What's more likely, is the Avs find a team and a deal they like, at which point the team will be put in contact with the RoR camp (his agent and life coach) about a deal. If it works, the deal goes through.

I wouldn't be surprised if he signed for the exact same bridge deal the Avs offered him or maybe even less, out of PURE SPITE and to show "see, I'm not a bad guy, the Avs are the ones who are jerks".

Old
02-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Do you honestly think Ryan O'Reilly expects to be the captain, or "much less an A", on a new team he potentially gets traded to?
I don't know - you tell me since you're buddy buddy with him. You told us he was butt hurt about the captaincy, his dad tells us he's ******** and it's not about the money. So what is it?

Old
02-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 50
Quote:
I know this was a couple of days ago (and probably put in these thread somewhere). Still I think it is relevant.

Jeff O'Neill ‏@odognine2
O'Reilly 18 goals career high. Get on the ice. Greedy agent. Period.

I am actually really interested to see what happens with another organization. If he continues to hold out for the longer term deal or if he signs a bridge deal specifically.
I wouldn't be surprised if he signed the bridge deal for another team.
He'd have to show them what he's about, on and off the ice.
He's already shown Colorado that, so he wants compensated for it, thus, no bridge deal for COL.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:25 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

vCash: 500
What do you think are the chances that ROR will play this season? Zero? 50%? Certain to play?

Old
02-20-2013, 03:27 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
This. The deal on the table for everybody probably excludes all of the Avs top prospects (Siemens, Barrie, Elliott, Sgarbossa, and Pickard). There just isn't enough prospect depth to be sending out unless a real high talent is coming back (like an OEL).

ROR + choice of depth defenseman (ROB, SOB, or Hunwick) is the most likely package the Avs will send out.
If its bringing back a top flight forward prospect, then I have no issues putting Elliott in a deal but maybe that's just me. I don't think O'Reilly alone will bring in a top 4 defenseman AND a top prospect.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:28 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Still holding out hope he plays in Denver.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
What do you think are the chances that ROR will play this season? Zero? 50%? Certain to play?
Zero chance of him for the Avs again. For other teams it just depends on what they're willing to give up.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:31 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Are you renting the ice? Need a 'tender?

Old
02-20-2013, 03:36 PM
AvsWraith

After reading the thread on ROR's father on the main board, I've come to the conclusion that the Avs might have to start interviewing the fathers of all the prospects they draft from now on.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:40 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
If its bringing back a top flight forward prospect, then I have no issues putting Elliott in a deal but maybe that's just me. I don't think O'Reilly alone will bring in a top 4 defenseman AND a top prospect.
It would all depend on who the prospect is coming back. A similar 'untouchable' prospect, but at a different position like Strome/Rielly/Bjugstad/etc it might be worth it to throw Elliott or Sgarbossa in, but it all depends. IMO it would have to be a true top flight prospect.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:53 PM
avsfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Except this team has no need for a 40-50pt winger. They have plenty of serviceable wingers. Besides goaltending right now, that is the last thing this team needs to address on the current or future roster. Especially when there's a decent chance they come out of the drat with Drouin.
Guy was a thirty goal-scorer in the past, and likely has more potential than 40-50 pts. You need to watch players before making statements about them. He's very skilled, has great hands and a great shot. He would probably be another forward who comes to the avalanche and rips it up.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:05 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
Guy was a thirty goal-scorer in the past, and likely has more potential than 40-50 pts. You need to watch players before making statements about them. He's very skilled, has great hands and a great shot. He would probably be another forward who comes to the avalanche and rips it up.
The biggest problem IMO with Little is that he is incredibly streaky. He won't score for 3-5 games, then get 6 points in the next 3, then get none for 3-5. If people think that Stastny goes all Casper mode, they will freak when they see Little all the time (though I think Little is a harder worker than Stastny). That said, I still wouldn't mind him on the team in the least. He is a good player that still has some untapped upside.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:07 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Are you renting the ice? Need a 'tender?

Old
02-20-2013, 04:09 PM
wondeROY
danglesnipecelly.nee

When was the last time a players father ruined his nhl career? After reading that article on the DP and his father's twitter account, he looks like a complete wack job.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:42 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondeROY View Post
When was the last time a players father ruined his nhl career? After reading that article on the DP and his father's twitter account, he looks like a complete wack job.
Something about this organization just seems to do it. Lindros, Stastny, now O'Reilly.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
Something about this organization just seems to do it. Lindros, Stastny, now O'Reilly.
Lindros they knew in advance. They still picked him because he was worth too much not to.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:51 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Stastny is still here after his dad's comments and if he goes elsewhere, it'll have nothing to do with what his dad said. He shouldn't be included with those other guys. Didn't Peter Stastny also call Sherman and apologize for what he said?

Old
02-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
You first need to find out if I have watched him play, before making statements like I should watch them before commenting. That's just common sense.

I have watched him play a fair amount. He's good and skilled, but he had one 31 goal season that you're obsessed with. Since then he's had a 13, 18, and a 24 goal season, and so far through 15 games is on the same consistent pace he usually ends up at with 16 goals and 49 points over an 82 game season. He's a pretty safe bet as a 20 goal 50 point guy at this point in his career. He's 25 years old, is he all of a sudden going to turn into a PPG player?

He's a good complimentary winger, or small shifty center that would be a good pickup if we needed one of those. We don't, and it doesn't make sense to bring him in and water down the return for our biggest trade asset in years.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:11 PM
avsfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
You first need to find out if I have watched him play, before making statements like I should watch them before commenting. That's just common sense.

I have watched him play a fair amount. He's good and skilled, but he had one 31 goal season that you're obsessed with. Since then he's had a 13, 18, and a 24 goal season, and so far through 15 games is on the same consistent pace he usually ends up at with 16 goals and 49 points over an 82 game season. He's a pretty safe bet as a 20 goal 50 point guy at this point in his career. He's 25 years old, is he all of a sudden going to turn into a PPG player?

He's a good complimentary winger, or small shifty center that would be a good pickup if we needed one of those. We don't, and it doesn't make sense to bring him in and water down the return for our biggest trade asset in years.
Lol at me being obsessed with him. Also I was responding to the fact that you said we would have no use for him, which is a silly statement.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:22 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

When it comes to Little:

Wingers Little is better than: Jones, Palushaj, McLeod, Kobasew, Bordeleau, and Hejduk

So Little would be on the 2nd line currently if he was playing wing. When Landeskog and Downie returned, Little would still be at least the 4th best winger on the team (behind Landeskog, PAP, and possibly McGinn)

Centers Little is better than: Sgarbossa, Mitchell, and Olver.

At worst Little would be a #3C behind Stastny and Duchene. This would allow the Avs to run 3 scoring lines like they were planning to this season if ROR would have stayed.

It is okay if you don't like him as a player and don't want him as a part of the ROR trade, but he would be a very useful player on this team.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Lol at me being obsessed with him. Also I was responding to the fact that you said we would have no use for him, which is a silly statement.
I said you were obsessed with that 31 goal season, and ignorning the fact he's only had 13, 18, and 24 goal seasons in the following years.

Explain to me the need for a 20 goal 50 point guy, with Landeskog, PAP, McGinn, Jones, Downie, Duchene, Stastny, and possibly even Mitchell capable of doing that. Mitchell has one more goal, and the same amount of points in two less games than Little this season.

Then show me where the proven 40+ point defenseman is on the team, and explain to me why we would add Little over an offensive defenseman?

Old
02-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

Anyone catch Dater on NHL Live just now? Pretty interesting stuff on the Avs and O'Reilly.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:46 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peckerskull View Post
Anyone catch Dater on NHL Live just now? Pretty interesting stuff on the Avs and O'Reilly.
Missed it. Breakdown?

Old
02-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Zero for the Avs. 50/50 with a new team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
He will...whenever his new team comes to town late this season or sometime next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Stastny is still here after his dad's comments and if he goes elsewhere, it'll have nothing to do with what his dad said. He shouldn't be included with those other guys. Didn't Peter Stastny also call Sherman and apologize for what he said?
The whole Stastny thing was different though.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:53 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

Basically said that O'Reilly's camp sent the Avs a 10 page letter, with spread sheets and stuff, stating why Ryan is worth the money he's asking for. Said the Avs used a 3 year comparison with Duchene, because they were in the same draft class, and don't feel Ryan is worth anymore than what Dutchy makes. And, as we know now from TPS, things really deteriorated from there, and Dater said there is maybe a 1% chance Ryan ever plays for Colorado again. They (the Avs and O'Reilly) are not talking at all, and everyone is now just waiting for a trade.

Closed Thread