HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Autographs After Practice???

Old
02-20-2013, 04:31 PM
AlesFan

vCash: 500
Autographs After Practice???

Good Afternoon,

For a few year's now I have been collecting autographs after the Oiler's skate on the weekend's at Rexall and have had quite a lot of success obtaining autographs (with the exception of Horcoff who never stops and Nugent-Hopkins who after about a month into the season last year began to give out a scribble for all adults asking for his signature). I am a legit and dedicated fan and have been for close to 30 year's. I also have an extensive collection of memorabilia and autographs. I do not have an ebay site nor do I ever indeed to sell my collection.

It is just unfortunate that in some of the player's eyes that if you are an adult that you automatically collect autographs for the purpose of selling it. I have even born witness to individuals using children for the purposes of acquiring a nice autograph and then low and behold it's up on ebay later that day.

I have now started to purchase my autographs from Pro Am Sports but would still like to have that personal interaction with the player's. To me an autograph from Potter or Petrell for example is as valuable to me as one from Nugent-Hopkins.

I am wondering if anybody has had any luck going to Rexall and waiting after they practice or are there too many people that do this now that we have the Star Player's whose autographs generate a lot of money.

AlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:10 PM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
I honestly don't know the answer to your question but best of luck with your autographs.

I'm sorry to hear that Horcoff and Nugent-Hopkins are degrading themselves with the behavior you describe.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
I honestly don't know the answer to your question but best of luck with your autographs.

I'm sorry to hear that Horcoff and Nugent-Hopkins are degrading themselves with the behavior you describe.
how would he know that a particular person is an autograph seller, then sees that person get a kid to get a fancy autograph and then know it's the one he sees online later that day?

the post of the OP seems odd. that's all.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:30 PM
AlesFan

I have been collecting long enough and seen the same people over and over again with binder's full of cars and photo's.
They also only approach the big name/star player's for autograph's.

As for the child comment I am referencing an ebay site which I will not name where the seller admitted that he used his kid to obtain a nicer/cleaner autograph from Yakupov.

Don't get me wrong it's a free country and people can do what they want.
It's a fact that some "fans" are ebay sellers.

AlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:41 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
how would he know that a particular person is an autograph seller, then sees that person get a kid to get a fancy autograph and then know it's the one he sees online later that day?

Generally speaking, if another person does you the honour of asking for your autograph, you should be grateful for his interest. Regardless of his age or intentions.

Bill Russell doesn't give autographs, instead he insists on shaking a fan's hand instead. That is acceptable, ignoring fans or writing scribbles on their memorabilia isn't.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. Petulant athletes only demean themselves.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:34 PM
shoop
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Not really. If someone is into autographs it makes sense they would follow stuff being sold on ebay. If you see something being signed than yeah, you will probably have a pretty good idea of it being sold online. i.e. the picture/program or whatever was actually signed probably gives it away.

I'm all for players who sign cards signing with a true signature and bending the corner.

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:01 PM
April Ethereal
You are Wrong

vCash: 407
A player shouldn't be required to give an autograph. I completely support RNH's practice to help avoid resale.

April Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:33 PM
Six in O6

Quote:

Yeah no this is pretty common.

Six in O6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Oscar Acosta

I don't even see why a player would care if someone sells it. If I could make a guy 50 bucks for 2 seconds of scribbling my name, I'd do it.

Oscar Acosta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:36 PM
the4thlinegrinder

You can usually catch guys after games as well. Some guys don't do their full autos as was mentioned which is unfortunate because I like collecting autographs and it sucks that guys take the quality of the signature away because of people who make money of of them (they're usually pretty obvious to spot). I've noticed that Yakupov does a little scribble if he feels you're going to resell it (that's what I asume, anyway). Guys like Gagner, Eberle and Hall usually do their full autos or close to them. Khabby always signs his full sig as well, as does Smyth.

the4thlinegrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Petro Points

meh.. just be happy with the ones you already have... Most people \kids arent lucky enough to get a couple autographs let alone have a collection..

Kids\Adults stand in a line for hours before they get a single autograph during the autograph sessions.. Wait for one of those, waste a full day and you'll have a RNH signature.

yes I am bitter ..

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote