HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hossa

Old
02-20-2013, 01:54 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
when i first saw the hit i thought hossa was diving... it looks like hansen gets all his helmet and then hossa just falls foward with his gloves waiting to catch his face before he hits the ice.

anyway obviously thats not the case, hossa's on my fantasy team and i need him back asap! congrats on the win btw hawk fans
God forbid your fantasy team suffers

InTOEWSweTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:25 PM
stingo

I think, and hope that he was taken off for precautionary reasons, as coach Q said he saw Hossa after the game and Hossa seemed alright.

We need Hossa back soon. He looked off a few games prior to last night, but man he was on fire before the Macho Man Randy Savage elbow drop to the head.

stingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
when i first saw the hit i thought hossa was diving... it looks like hansen gets all his helmet and then hossa just falls foward with his gloves waiting to catch his face before he hits the ice.

anyway obviously thats not the case, hossa's on my fantasy team and i need him back asap! congrats on the win btw hawk fans
I hope it was a dive/sell. That would actually make me pretty happy.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I hope it was a dive/sell. That would actually make me pretty happy.
He would have come back if he wasn't hurt.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Agreed. But they are still taking all pre-cautions, just saying maybe he wasn't as hurt as it seemed.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:23 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTOEWSweTrust View Post
God forbid your fantasy team suffers
in fairness, that was one of my first thoughts when karlsson got injured

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:33 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

When have we seem hossa ever dive? He should be renamed the mule not Franzen. You can't get him off the puck ever

InTOEWSweTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:38 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
When have we seem hossa ever dive? He should be renamed the mule not Franzen. You can't get him off the puck ever
Was thinking the same thing when I saw his second goal last night.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

lol at calling Hossa a diver. Funny that it comes from a VAN fan. No, Hossa hasn't dived and you shouldn't even think that when he was hit in the head from behind.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:46 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Agreed, never, he always plays it straight up, no b.s. Horse/Hoss fits well though.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
not necessarily. he had a bad concussion recently. looking at guys like perron and landeskog who played after their big hits and then were out after...

best to keep him out even if he felt fine. let him sit/rest and see. there is no need to put him back into that game. even if he wanted to go in/was not hurt. imho

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:12 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Brad Ziemer ‏@BradZiemer
Vigneault clearly pissed about Hansen having hearing with league: "I don't even know why we had the call." #Canucks

Brad Ziemer ‏@BradZiemer
Vigneault when asked if he communicated his feelings to Shanahan about hearing being unnecessary: "Very clearly, very clearly," he said.

Hopefully the league isn't swayed by this

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:15 PM
xX Hot Fuss

I couldn't care less if Hansen i suspended for a game or two. I just care about Hossa being ok.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:15 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
If anything, it helps us. Shanaban is not going to be bullied by a guy named Elaine.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:26 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

AV and Hansen's comments last night make me so angry. Did the word "sorry" ever come out of their mouths? or how about "it was an accident, we know how it feels to have one of our stars be down?" They are all scum bags. Unbelievable. I can't even fathom the lack of remorse they have for Hossa.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:57 PM
HeisenBaez

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post
AV and Hansen's comments last night make me so angry. Did the word "sorry" ever come out of their mouths? or how about "it was an accident, we know how it feels to have one of our stars be down?" They are all scum bags. Unbelievable. I can't even fathom the lack of remorse they have for Hossa.
Sorry is not in their vocabulary. But then again neither is championships. So as long as Vancouver employs the dumbest hockey players, they won't be winning anything, anytime soon.

HeisenBaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:16 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

I hope Hossa is okay. Hate to see a guy go down like that.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:22 PM
ARSix

I seriously do not understand why everyone is assuming the worst here. All we know is he lay on the ice for a bit, then got up and went off with the trainer under his own power. Presumably, they went to the quiet room, which is concussion protocol. After the game coach Q said Hossa seemed okay.

Why is there any assumption that he'll miss the next game? I would think it would be more likely that he could have played the third, but didn't return out of precaution given his previous concussion, and will be back Friday. Why are people expecting that he'll be out long enough to warrant talking new line combos?

ARSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:24 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Brad Ziemer ‏@BradZiemer
Vigneault clearly pissed about Hansen having hearing with league: "I don't even know why we had the call." #Canucks

Brad Ziemer ‏@BradZiemer
Vigneault when asked if he communicated his feelings to Shanahan about hearing being unnecessary: "Very clearly, very clearly," he said.

Hopefully the league isn't swayed by this
Note to the Blackhawks: If you're ever planning or wanting to elbow a Sedin in the head, make sure it's like a coward from behind and make sure they're going for a puck. That makes it clean.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:26 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSix View Post
I seriously do not understand why everyone is assuming the worst here. All we know is he lay on the ice for a bit, then got up and went off with the trainer under his own power. Presumably, they went to the quiet room, which is concussion protocol. After the game coach Q said Hossa seemed okay.

Why is there any assumption that he'll miss the next game? I would think it would be more likely that he could have played the third, but didn't return out of precaution given his previous concussion, and will be back Friday. Why are people expecting that he'll be out long enough to warrant talking new line combos?
Because he's coming off a devasting concussion and Hossa's health is more important than the next 3-5 games, or however long it takes for him to be right again.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:27 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I couldn't care less if Hansen i suspended for a game or two. I just care about Hossa being ok.
That sums it up for me....

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:29 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Because he's coming off a devasting concussion and Hossa's health is more important than the next 3-5 games, or however long it takes for him to be right again.
While that's true and regardless of if he is or isn't injured and think he should rest, that doesn't mean we need to assume he was concussed again or even suffered much of an injury. The previous poster didn't necessarily say he should play or even that he wanted him to, just asked why we're all assuming he was injured. Hopefully he wasn't even injured at all but still takes the next 3-5 games off to make sure.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:36 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
If anything, it helps us. Shanaban is not going to be bullied by a guy named Elaine.
But he will for a guy named Marian?

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:42 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Run along girls. Men are talking.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:45 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Like Duncan Keith saying he was closing the gap?

I do hope Hossa is doing okay though. He is a hell of a player and plays the game the right way.
Why would Keith apologize?

What Keith did was retribution for all the dirty hits and scummy play by the Canucks over the years. You can only take so much abuse before you punch back.

You would think that the Canucks' players seeing first hand what it is like to have a teammate concussed and injured would change their ways but they continue to have no regard for player safety and an embarrassment to the league. This won't change because it starts from the top and filters down to the players. That is why they are considered a joke of a franchise and also why they have no Cups in their entire existence.

This was just another dirty play by a dirty Canucks player. Of course Elaine Vigneault defends the cheap shot...like I said it starts at the top. It is a way of life, a way of cheating yourself and the game. They cheated themselves right out of the Stanley Cup in 2011 when the Bruins called their bluff and made them look like the punks that they are...and everyone in the hockey world celebrated their failure. And everyone will continue to celebrate their failures in upcoming seasons as we watch their window to win the Cup close with each playoff series loss. IMO their ship is already sailed and this group of Nucks didn't get the Cup...which to me is something like hockey karma.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote