HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Couturier

Old
02-20-2013, 05:16 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Couturier

If Couturier was on the block, what would you give for him. Flyers are in need of younger top pairing defensemen or potential top pairing defensemen with NHL experience.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:23 PM
hostilebynature

vCash: 500
gardiner +

hostilebynature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:25 PM
TylerSVT*

Iginla. Would want something like a 2nd back maybe as well.

Most will hate it, but i think Iggy + Giroux would be hella good.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:28 PM
hostilebynature

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Iginla. Would want something like a 2nd back maybe as well.

Most will hate it, but i think Iggy + Giroux would be hella good.
i wasnt aware Iginla was patrolling the blue line now?

hostilebynature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:30 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Giordano?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Vaasa

Why even ask? He's not on the block now. He's not going to be on the block. He's probably viewed as either one of, or the, future captains of the Flyers.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:39 PM
PantherStriker

OEL. One side would need to add, especially on HFBoards

PantherStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherStriker View Post
OEL. One side would need to add, especially on HFBoards
That side would be the Flyers.

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:50 PM
Perro

Yandle+?

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:59 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Yandle+?
How does Couturier have more value than Yandle?

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
I think if either OEL or Yandle(more likely, but still highly improbable) were on the table, the Flyers would need to add to Couturier.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Cogburn

If we could find a RHD elsewhere, I'd go Tanev+1st+...but RHD that fit the mould we need are few and far between.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:11 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Couturier + for Yandle
Couturier ++ for OEL

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:33 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Why even ask? He's not on the block now. He's not going to be on the block. He's probably viewed as either one of, or the, future captains of the Flyers.
Because he's not going to ever move off the Flyers 3rd line. We have Laughton who fits a 3C mold to a T. B Schenn is proving hes going to be a valuable asset as a 2C but cannot be moved to wing. With his brother here our eggs are clearly in the Schenn basket. And G obviously is not going to be moved to wing. Leaving Couturier, and Laughton. I have more confidence in Laughton then some of our other posters it seems and I agree that he will likely not ever be as good defensively as Couturier is, however you have to give to get. We are in desperate need of a young top pairing D-man and I would be willing to move Couturier for one. I don't think Laughton gets us one, and I don't have confidence in our scouts or minor league coaches to draft and develop one. We draft Centers, good ones, I think we should continue to use that strength of ours. Then when we have a glutton of them and a log jam we can move one for a greater need.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:38 PM
rockinghockey

Does Petry or Smid interest you. I know most EDM fans will say no we are not moving them but I think Courterier would be a perfect 2C behind RNH. Then we can move Gagner for a dman to repace Petry or Smid.
Hall; RNH; Eberle
Yak; Courterier; Hemsky(or Hemsky trade for some size for the top 6.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

To save people time I am going to throw this out...

Random fan of neither team: Gardiner for Cooter

Leafs Fan: More like Gardiner for Coutier + .

Philly Fan: No way were giving up a + for Gardiner you guys will be adding as he is a core member of our team.

Leafs fan: Yeah but Gardiner was our best D man last year and look like a force as a rookie.

Philly Fan: So did Cooter. He looked like Mike Richards 2.0 .

Now that we got that out of the way let us agree that neither side wants to do it and by it being like that it makes more sense for it to happen. I mean if memory serves me right we had the same disagreement on JVR for Schenn.

Mystifo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:44 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Because he's not going to ever move off the Flyers 3rd line. We have Laughton who fits a 3C mold to a T. B Schenn is proving hes going to be a valuable asset as a 2C but cannot be moved to wing. With his brother here our eggs are clearly in the Schenn basket. And G obviously is not going to be moved to wing. Leaving Couturier, and Laughton. I have more confidence in Laughton then some of our other posters it seems and I agree that he will likely not ever be as good defensively as Couturier is, however you have to give to get. We are in desperate need of a young top pairing D-man and I would be willing to move Couturier for one. I don't think Laughton gets us one, and I don't have confidence in our scouts or minor league coaches to draft and develop one. We draft Centers, good ones, I think we should continue to use that strength of ours. Then when we have a glutton of them and a log jam we can move one for a greater need.
Why is it obvious G won't move to wing? I'm in the camp believing he should sometime in the next couple seasons. If that doesn't work, Couturier, and to a lesser extent, Schenn have experience on the wings. We're not trading Couturier because of excessive center depth...

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:45 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Does Petry or Smid interest you. I know most EDM fans will say no we are not moving them but I think Courterier would be a perfect 2C behind RNH. Then we can move Gagner for a dman to repace Petry or Smid.
Hall; RNH; Eberle
Yak; Courterier; Hemsky(or Hemsky trade for some size for the top 6.
Not particularly, but I can think of another d-man on your team that does

Old
02-20-2013, 06:48 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
How does Couturier have more value than Yandle?
He doesn't. Anyone bringing up OEL is just doing so for fantasy purposes. Zero chance he gets moved. Yandle is a possibility, but he is worth significantly more than Couturier.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:51 PM
thecloser

Well a fellow Flyers poster said he thought ya'll still had a chance at Weber, which will not happen, but I do believe we would be open to shopping our youngster D man Jonathon Blum. With that said...

To PHI
Blum
Gill or Hannan

To NSH
Couturier

I'd like him in NSH

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:53 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Well a fellow Flyers poster said he thought ya'll still had a chance at Weber, which will not happen, but I do believe we would be open to shopping our youngster D man Jonathon Blum. With that said...

To PHI
Blum
Gill or Hannan

To NSH
Couturier

I'd like him in NSH
Not even close.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:55 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
schenn is the most likely candidate to move to wing and hes already playe there some. between cooter and laughton most see cooter as the more likely to fill a 2c spot or should things go differently has the better ability to lock down the 3c. its early yet to say which is what but your not going to get a 1d for a 3c whichever you move so why not keep the better player especially if your going to lose value trying to move em?

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:56 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Why is it obvious G won't move to wing? I'm in the camp believing he should sometime in the next couple seasons. If that doesn't work, Couturier, and to a lesser extent, Schenn have experience on the wings. We're not trading Couturier because of excessive center depth...
We are trading him due to no defensive depth. And when I suggested even the possibility of moving Couturier to the wing well this pretty much sums up that;

Quote:
Couts offensive game will develop as long as he is getting PP minutes but I agree having him on the wing is useless. You don't put a center with that size and shutdown ability at the wing.
The Schenn experiment on LW has failed. Every time he is put there he seems lost and out of place. Sure maybe he can develop it with time but hes over a PPG since he was put back at C while still providing an aggressive physical game and a moderate defensive game.

I think we would need to see G actually play on the wing before anyone can comment on whether he can play it as effectively as he already plays C. He plays the half boards on the PP but outside of that its an unknown.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:56 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Not for sale.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:57 PM
thecloser