HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers/Jets

Old
02-20-2013, 05:27 PM
Pablo Aimar
MBA

vCash: 500
Oilers/Jets

To Jets:
Eberle
Petry
2nd round pick

To Oilers:
Kane
Bogosian

Oilers get the better defenceman and size. Jets get the better forward and a "face of the franchise" player. Petry a good second pairing guy.

Pablo Aimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:29 PM
JetsHomer

Eberle is better than Kane, but not by much.

Bogosian>>>>>>> than Petry/2cd.

Not even close to a fair trade

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
tgo0

As much as I like Eberle there's absolutely no chance that he gets Kane AND Bogo.

Jets easily say no.

tgo0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
if kane wasnt such a knob then i owuld think about it but the character issues compared to eberles compete level makes it not worth it to me.

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:45 PM
tgo0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
if kane wasnt such a knob then i owuld think about it but the character issues compared to eberles compete level makes it not worth it to me.
Kane gets a bad rep off the ice (somewhat deserved, somewhat overblown) but no one has ever questioned his compete level on the ice.

tgo0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:49 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 400
Eberle is sick but not Kane and Bogosian sick. Bogo is turning into one heck of a defenseman, I doubt either are going anywhere soon. Not with this return anyway.

Oil and Jets are pretty bad trade partners if I recall.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:53 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 891
Eberle is fantastic and a fair bit better than Kane but not by the amount it would take to bridge the enormous gap between Bogosian and Petry, even with a pick. Bogosian is our best defencemen and I would argue probably our most important player going forward.

Last edited by veganhunter: 02-20-2013 at 06:02 PM.
veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:57 PM
allan5oh
#moneypushups

vCash: 50
Jets respectfully say no.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:16 PM
crt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
Compete level?

From all the Oilers games I've seen this year, he's one of the laziest players on the team.

crt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:31 PM
almostawake

Easy no from the Jets. From their perspective Bogosian is the more valuable of the two players they're giving up, and it's unlikely they'd even do Bogosian for Eberle straight up. After that, Kane for Petry and a 2nd makes it a lot worse.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:32 PM
crack2464

You guys must not watch many Oiler games. Petry is the best defensemen on the Oilers. No way Bogosian is worth giving up Petry. And Eberle is the next Captain. Maybe if you added Trouba or their 1st round pick. Otherwise not even close to enough coming back to the Oil

crack2464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by crack2464 View Post
You guys must not watch many Oiler games. Petry is the best defensemen on the Oilers. No way Bogosian is worth giving up Petry. And Eberle is the next Captain. Maybe if you added Trouba or their 1st round pick. Otherwise not even close to enough coming back to the Oil
I'm a big oilers fan and Eberle is my favourite player but jets get hosed in this deal

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Beer Me

vCash: 447
Quote:
I disagree. I believe Edmonton is getting the better deal in this one (not convinced with Petry at all). Maybe something like:

Eberle
Klefbom
+? (2nd?)

for

Kane
Bogosian

would be fairer?

Beer Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Kane9Swag

How about this:

Eberle + Petry for Buff + Wheeler + 2nd rounder

Kane9Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:47 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Me View Post
I disagree. I believe Edmonton is getting the better deal in this one (not convinced with Petry). Maybe something like:

Eberle
Klefbom
2nd

for

Kane
Bogosian

would be fairer?
Bogosian is a non-starter for the Jets. If Bogosian goes the return needs to be a big, young, center that is close to being a first liner, or a big, young, defensively reliable defenceman that is close to being a #1. Bogosian is, for all intents and purposes, the later so it really only makes sense for them to move him for the former.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:47 PM
rockinghockey

EDM and Jets actually do make good trading partners. I went to the Jets and Bruins game and the guys I was with agreed that their top 6 need more skill, a player like Hemsky. The problems is what would the Jets give up for him.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:23 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Being the best Oilers defenceman is not really saying much. The Jets have three Dmen better than Petry. Bogosian is the Jets best Dman as well. While Petry was breaking into the NHL last year at 24 Bogosian was playing 23 minutes against other teams top lines. Doing this he got 5 more points in 8 less games than Petry. While being 3 years younger. Bogosian has more points in 3 games played this year than Petry has in 15. Take off your homer glasses dude.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
EDM and Jets actually do make good trading partners. I went to the Jets and Bruins game and the guys I was with agreed that their top 6 need more skill, a player like Hemsky. The problems is what would the Jets give up for him.
I think Hemsky is a great player, but he's made of glass.

Winnipeg isn't a "buying" team. The Jets are looking for young players to add to a young core. This is what makes them and the Oilers poor trading partners as they're both looking to acquire similar assets.

As for the OP: Bogosian is near sainthood in Winnipeg. He's almost a total non-starter.

Also the offer is bad and you should feel bad.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:23 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

I love Eberle, but not for Kane and Bogo

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Being the best Oilers defenceman is not really saying much. The Jets have three Dmen better than Petry. Bogosian is the Jets best Dman as well. While Petry was breaking into the NHL last year at 24 Bogosian was playing 23 minutes against other teams top lines. Doing this he got 5 more points in 8 less games than Petry. While being 3 years younger. Bogosian has more points in 3 games played this year than Petry has in 15. Take off your homer glasses dude.
It's funny because it's true.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:28 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crt View Post
Compete level?

From all the Oilers games I've seen this year, he's one of the laziest players on the team.
You are watching the wrong team. Kane plays for the Jets

aqsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:32 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:
Am I in the twilight zone?

Old
02-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Eberle is better than Kane, but not by much.

Bogosian>>>>>>> than Petry/2cd.

Not even close to a fair trade
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganhunter View Post
Eberle is fantastic and a fair bit better than Kane but not by the amount it would take to bridge the enormous gap between Bogosian and Petry, even with a pick. Bogosian is our best defencemen and I would argue probably our most important player going forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
Easy no from the Jets. From their perspective Bogosian is the more valuable of the two players they're giving up, and it's unlikely they'd even do Bogosian for Eberle straight up. After that, Kane for Petry and a 2nd makes it a lot worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
Bogosian is a non-starter for the Jets. If Bogosian goes the return needs to be a big, young, center that is close to being a first liner, or a big, young, defensively reliable defenceman that is close to being a #1. Bogosian is, for all intents and purposes, the later so it really only makes sense for them to move him for the former.
Agreed. Bogosian is an absolute non starter and both deals that include him are not good for the Jets.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:41 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
So...
For eberle and petry we need to give up kane, bogo, and trouba or 1st?

Over rating your "best" d man (quite) a bit me thinks.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:45 PM
aqsw
PM

Quote:
Am I in the twilight zone?