HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
We'll see what happens with him but I was expecting him to stay in the SEL next year as it's going to be a very crowded defense in Hamilton next year, especially at RD with Pateryn, Ellis, Dietz and Thrower already.
They'd have to sign him before June 1st though...but he may just come to the AHL in 18 months.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:19 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
They'd have to sign him before June 1st though...but he may just come to the AHL in 18 months.
Of course but it shouldn't be a problem to sign him and loan him back to his SEL team.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:04 PM
SwedisHab
Slim Shady

Quote:
Of course but it shouldn't be a problem to sign him and loan him back to his SEL team.
Whenever Nygren comes over, he won't disappoint anyone i think :p watched him live a couple of times this year and his play is brilliant.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:27 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedba View Post
Whenever Nygren comes over, he won't disappoint anyone i think :p watched him live a couple of times this year and his play is brilliant.
Hard to say how he would do on the smaller ice though. Should be interesting to see if he does come over though, he's got an impressive shot for sure.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:06 PM
ChoseLa

Signing one year could be an indication of his to stay short terms in Europe, but being able to move to north America next year.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:19 PM
zzoo

Haven't heard Collberg for a while, how is he doing now ?

Old
02-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
We'll see what happens with him but I was expecting him to stay in the SEL next year as it's going to be a very crowded defense in Hamilton next year, especially at RD with Pateryn, Ellis, Dietz and Thrower already.
I know you did and you have seem to be right. This seems to me as a combination of Magnus idea and the Habs. We need surely 1 more year to figure out where we're going with our D prospects. As Nygren might probably a safer bet than the others....My only fear, is always about the fact that the more you keep him in his country....the more he'd probably want to stay.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:54 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I know you did and you have seem to be right. This seems to me as a combination of Magnus idea and the Habs. We need surely 1 more year to figure out where we're going with our D prospects. As Nygren might probably a safer bet than the others....My only fear, is always about the fact that the more you keep him in his country....the more he'd probably want to stay.
My concern is close to that, not so many that they would want to stay but my concern is if he continues to do well he may not accept playing for 65K in the AHL which then creates a problem.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:29 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
He has no points in 7 games.

Habs Prospects website
Old
02-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
My concern is close to that, not so many that they would want to stay but my concern is if he continues to do well he may not accept playing for 65K in the AHL which then creates a problem.
Which then means that Nygren becomes a Diaz so that when he joins, it's either with the big club or he stays in his country.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Which then means that Nygren becomes a Diaz so that when he joins, it's either with the big club or he stays in his country.
That was Emelin, Diaz was ready to go down, it just never happened.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
That was Emelin, Diaz was ready to go down, it just never happened.
True. Just that the actual result was that Diaz came and join the NHL right away. He might have been okay to join the Dogs....not sure that he was ready for a lengthy experience down there though.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Collbust worthy.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:41 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
True. Just that the actual result was that Diaz came and join the NHL right away. He might have been okay to join the Dogs....not sure that he was ready for a lengthy experience down there though.
I don't really have a problem with European players wanting to play at home unless they make the NHL. It means some guys who could make it won't, but a lot more guys won't make it period, and on it's own merits spending a couple of years in the A isn't a great reward for leaving a much better job at home.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:11 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Ho hum, 2 more Dietz assists tonight.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:30 PM
That

Dietz with 3 assists now. Ties his career high of 44 points in 12 less games. He has 4 goals and 11 assists in the month of February and is only -1 now. He's been +18 this month.

I though Dietz was a pretty quiet game until the mid point of the second. From there he started creating more offensively. Then he took over the third period, he assisted on the game winner, and then on a goal 30 seconds later. His first assist was a wrister on goal, and then Stransky buried the rebound. On the second he started the breakout and then acted as a screen on Nicholls' shot that found twine. His third was a pass from one of the point to the other.

Saskatoon wins 13 in a row, which ties a franchise record.

Last edited by That: 02-20-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old
02-20-2013, 09:31 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Love that both Thrower and Dietz have more points than Sutter somehow. What is up with that kid?

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
02-20-2013, 09:33 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Dietz with 3 assists now. Ties his career high of 44 points in 12 less games. He has 4 goals and 11 assists in the month of February and is only -1 now. He's been +18 this month.

Amazing. Is thrower looking bad or is he just not racking up the points?

Old
02-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Love that both Thrower and Dietz have more points than Sutter somehow. What is up with that kid?
We're really in no position to be gloating about Thrower though. His team is on fire offensively the last 15 games or so and he can barely muster any points.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:51 PM
Habaddict

Quote:

I though Dietz was a pretty quiet game until the mid point of the second. From there he started creating more offensively. Then he took over the third period, he assisted on the game winner, and then on a goal 30 seconds later. His first assist was a wrister on goal, and then Stransky buried the rebound. On the second he started the breakout and then acted as a screen on Nicholls' shot that found twine. His third was a pass from one of the point to the other.

If I had made a line on Dietz getting back to being " + " this season,
I would have bet against. It now looks like he's going to. Very impressive.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:53 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Collbust worthy.
I wonder if he is unlucky, playing poorly, or back to not getting
any icetime.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:58 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
I wonder if he is unlucky, playing poorly, or back to not getting
any icetime.
I haven't followed his last few games but last I checked it was a mixture between playing on the bottom 6 and not getting much PP to make a factor. It's not good but to be serious I wouldn't panic, but don't expect to see him in Montreal anytime soon.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:28 PM
le_sean

Quote:

At least they are playing like a team worthy of being in the Memorial Cup. It could have been downright embarrassing for them.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Ho hum, 2 more Dietz assists tonight.
Looking forward to the memorial cup this year!

Old
02-21-2013, 11:48 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:

funny cause I was watching the game but turned it off in the 2nd, didn't think he was playing all that well so glad to hear he picked it up in the 3rd. Was expecting a more physical game from the two teams but was disappointed as the game was kind of boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
Amazing. Is thrower looking bad or is he just not racking up the points?
I have been watching some games off and on and Thrower usually impresses me in the offensive zone but always seems to make some bad decision with the puck in his own end. He looks fine to me for the most part.

Closed Thread