HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Goaltending discussion thread (edit: Markstrom called up)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2013, 08:08 PM
  #351
nhlfan9191
Registered User
 
nhlfan9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,420
vCash: 500
Don't think Markstrom is better than Theodore. He's definitely better than Clemmenson. Call up Markstrom and see if he can get hot and give this team confidence. I also believe Theodore's confidence will come back if the team's does. He started very well and started to lose it the more we lost.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:37 PM
  #352
5 Hole
Registered User
 
5 Hole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The 'No..
Country: United States
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
We play 3 games in 68 hours. If theyre going to give Markstrom a showing, this would be the time.

Hope he comes in and pitches a shutout. Even if he gives up 5, rather see the future do it than the past.

^
This

5 Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:43 AM
  #353
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,088
vCash: 500
Done. Markstrom recalled.

The clear and obvious move.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:04 AM
  #354
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Coolburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,842
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Done. Markstrom recalled.

The clear and obvious move.
So basically we can close this thread now and stop with the B*tchfest?

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:13 AM
  #355
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
So basically we can close this thread now and stop with the B*tchfest?
You mean find somethin else...lol

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:40 AM
  #356
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Coolburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,842
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
You mean find somethin else...lol
lol...though honestly, with all the complaining around here lately, I kinda dont feel like posting as much. And to top it off, I'm sure if I say something positive about the org that some are complaining about, I kinda feel like I'll be called an "apologist", especially because of who I work for (I refuse to post anything in the Club Red thread because of that, even though I have some insight there). I'll get off the and stop but I expect to definitely be posting a LOT less on HF because of constant b*tchfest.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:41 AM
  #357
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
So basically we can close this thread now and stop with the B*tchfest?
I didnt open it.

And like lausy said, we are fans, we will find something else to rag on.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:45 AM
  #358
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
lol...though honestly, with all the complaining around here lately, I kinda dont feel like posting as much. And to top it off, I'm sure if I say something positive about the org that some are complaining about, I kinda feel like I'll be called an "apologist", especially because of who I work for (I refuse to post anything in the Club Red thread because of that, even though I have some insight there). I'll get off the and stop but I expect to definitely be posting a LOT less on HF because of constant b*tchfest.
Man, I hope not, you're one of my favorite posters. There are gonna be the 'that shadow is the asteroid that's gonna kill us all' people everywhere.

Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:00 AM
  #359
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
lol...though honestly, with all the complaining around here lately, I kinda dont feel like posting as much. And to top it off, I'm sure if I say something positive about the org that some are complaining about, I kinda feel like I'll be called an "apologist", especially because of who I work for (I refuse to post anything in the Club Red thread because of that, even though I have some insight there). I'll get off the and stop but I expect to definitely be posting a LOT less on HF because of constant b*tchfest.
Personally Id welcome your posts on the Clubred thread. Im a vested longtime sth. In fact my cjlubseats were originally "licensee" seats. I understand MY"s need to make income etc. Ive defended him here many times. Clubred tho I dont believe was handled correctly, and at a minimum was rushed.

That said i dont want to hijack this thread but simply reiterate that among the rational, your input is wecome.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:15 PM
  #360
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,553
vCash: 500
Markstrom is up

Clemmensen on the block now?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:17 PM
  #361
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Markstrom is up

Clemmensen on the block now?
Markstrom may be up for a cup of coffee, or never see the AHL again.

If he struggles for 2 games they have the excuse/logic to send him down.

If he gets comfortable quicklyup quickly, well then yes.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:18 PM
  #362
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,088
vCash: 500
wrong thread

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:56 PM
  #363
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Don't think Markstrom is better than Theodore. He's definitely better than Clemmenson. Call up Markstrom and see if he can get hot and give this team confidence. I also believe Theodore's confidence will come back if the team's does. He started very well and started to lose it the more we lost.
Idk, I'll always have much respect for Theo, but he's definitely lost a little bit of his game this season. I wouldn't be surprised if Markstrom takes over now.

Dread Clawz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:18 PM
  #364
nhlfan9191
Registered User
 
nhlfan9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Idk, I'll always have much respect for Theo, but he's definitely lost a little bit of his game this season. I wouldn't be surprised if Markstrom takes over now.
We'll find out real soon who the better goalie is. If we're lucky, it's Markstrom. I don't think Theodore has changed a whole lot from last season. I just think he lost his confidence when the team lost 5 straight and he's really struggling to regain it.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:20 PM
  #365
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator
 
Boothinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Idk, I'll always have much respect for Theo, but he's definitely lost a little bit of his game this season. I wouldn't be surprised if Markstrom takes over now.
But he isnt as bad as his stats indicate. The defense left him out there alone way too many times.

Boothinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:39 PM
  #366
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
We'll find out real soon who the better goalie is. If we're lucky, it's Markstrom. I don't think Theodore has changed a whole lot from last season. I just think he lost his confidence when the team lost 5 straight and he's really struggling to regain it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
But he isnt as bad as his stats indicate. The defense left him out there alone way too many times.
You could be right, but he did have a couple great bounce back games right after he let in a lot of goals the game before, but then followed it up with a stinker. He just can't seem to get on track. IMO confidence is a part of it, but not all of it.

Dread Clawz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:07 PM
  #367
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator
 
Boothinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
You could be right, but he did have a couple great bounce back games right after he let in a lot of goals the game before, but then followed it up with a stinker. He just can't seem to get on track. IMO confidence is a part of it, but not all of it.
And in the game in which he played well and deserved a win, we were not able to score a single goal.
I am not sure how a team can be so inconsistent in games. We were used to consistently score 2 goals last season and had to have good goaltending, which we also got in most games or we would have lost like it happens this season.

But I am all for the callup. He has proved enough in the AHL and should stay here. I am not confident with Clemmensen. He has been horrible. A 4.5 GAA is not acceptable!

Boothinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:34 PM
  #368
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
And in the game in which he played well and deserved a win, we were not able to score a single goal.
I am not sure how a team can be so inconsistent in games. We were used to consistently score 2 goals last season and had to have good goaltending, which we also got in most games or we would have lost like it happens this season.

But I am all for the callup. He has proved enough in the AHL and should stay here. I am not confident with Clemmensen. He has been horrible. A 4.5 GAA is not acceptable!
From what I recall, there have been a couple games where Theo earned a good win and then followed that up with a bad game personally. I'm not saying that is unusual over the course of a season, but it's only been 15 games, and Tallon felt compelled to recall Markstrom because he's not satisfied with the goaltending.

Dread Clawz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 03:51 AM
  #369
jakethesnake23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sydney, OZ
Country: Australia
Posts: 611
vCash: 500
Been waiting for "flapanthersfan" to come in here and do a jig... where are u mate?

Since this season is well and truly toast, I really have no problem trying the young guys out. Even if Jake gets smashed, he should be able to handle it (as Nate had said many times).

My original opposition in this thread was to the notion that Clemm (granted he has been terrible) was the reason this team wasnt winning.

I hope Jake plays well but not so well we dont get a top-6 pick. That would make this season pretty hard to swallow.

jakethesnake23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:19 AM
  #370
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake23 View Post
Been waiting for "flapanthersfan" to come in here and do a jig... where are u mate?

Since this season is well and truly toast, I really have no problem trying the young guys out. Even if Jake gets smashed, he should be able to handle it (as Nate had said many times).

My original opposition in this thread was to the notion that Clemm (granted he has been terrible) was the reason this team wasnt winning.

I hope Jake plays well but not so well we dont get a top-6 pick. That would make this season pretty hard to swallow.
So a lot of 2-1 and 1-0 losses should do the trick. And when we do score, the Huby/Shore/Mules line does the damage.

-ghoste

Ghoste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:25 AM
  #371
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake23 View Post
Been waiting for "flapanthersfan" to come in here and do a jig... where are u mate?

Since this season is well and truly toast, I really have no problem trying the young guys out. Even if Jake gets smashed, he should be able to handle it (as Nate had said many times).

My original opposition in this thread was to the notion that Clemm (granted he has been terrible) was the reason this team wasnt winning.

I hope Jake plays well but not so well we dont get a top-6 pick. That would make this season pretty hard to swallow.
Really makes it hard to win when the goalie has been admittedly terrible.

If Jake plays as bad as the presently worst GAA tandem in the NHL then as I've said repeatedly at least I'm watching the future gain NHL experience.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:16 AM
  #372
jakethesnake23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sydney, OZ
Country: Australia
Posts: 611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Really makes it hard to win when the goalie has been admittedly terrible.

If Jake plays as bad as the presently worst GAA tandem in the NHL then as I've said repeatedly at least I'm watching the future gain NHL experience.
Yes it does, but we couldnt win when we scored 5 goals, or when we pitched a shutout... Point is, it doesnt matter who the hell is in net, we cant win regardless.

And its unfair to say we have the worse GAA in the NHL and not point out we have scored the 2nd fewest goals in the league. So our offensive is only a bees d*** away from our defense in regards to futility.

Again, the point is, our goalies have been bad, but so has the entire team and singling them out is unjust.

With that said, bring on Jake... and Howden and Petro and Colby.

jakethesnake23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:55 AM
  #373
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake23 View Post
Yes it does, but we couldnt win when we scored 5 goals, or when we pitched a shutout... Point is, it doesnt matter who the hell is in net, we cant win regardless.

And its unfair to say we have the worse GAA in the NHL and not point out we have scored the 2nd fewest goals in the league. So our offensive is only a bees d*** away from our defense in regards to futility.

Again, the point is, our goalies have been bad, but so has the entire team and singling them out is unjust.

With that said, bring on Jake... and Howden and Petro and Colby.
Its not unfair its the fact that applies to the thread...why call up a new goalie.

If there is a bring up Howden thread the argument of number of goals is applicable.

I think we are on the same page...lots of flaws this years...but obviously Talon has had enough of the porous goaltending and its a fix he can make without damage to his blueprint.


Last edited by adam graves: 02-21-2013 at 10:09 AM.
adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:05 AM
  #374
Cats2TheCup
Registered User
 
Cats2TheCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 707
vCash: 500
This should have happened as soon as we led the league in goals allowed . Could have saved 4-6 pts.

Cats2TheCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:40 PM
  #375
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther
 
CanadianPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,585
vCash: 500
I think everyone is ready for the unleashing of the Swedish Giant. An interesting sidenote was the reports of Anaheim signing Viktor Fasth to a two-year, $5.8 million contract extension on Wednesday, rewarding the Swedish goalie for his 8-0-0 start to his first NHL season.

The kid has been lights out for a team that was suppose to be "fighting for a playoff spot". I doubt anyone could have predicted the start the Ducks are having this season and if they continue this play, my dream of Tallon signing Getzlaf is over officially.

A link to the article for the Fasth singing is here: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416434

Fasth earned a new contract after just nine unbeaten appearances with the Pacific Division-leading Ducks, who have the NHL's second-best record at 12-2-1. He'll make $2.4 million next season and $3.4 million in 2014-15.

I'm not saying Markstrom will turn this team around taking them from the bottom to the top but we know next season Jacob will be the back-up for most of the season unless he steals the job as starter against whoever is kept after this year.

I had an early post on here where I said Markstrom should be signed to a long term deal being a minimum of 4 years at $4million. This signing of Fasth is already at a 2year with a $2.9million cap hit. I just thought it was an interesting signing because that may be what Jacob is in the range of for re-signing. Did anyone think Fasth is a better goalie than Markstrom at the start of this season??

I guess it ultimately comes down to how many games Markstrom plays and what his numbers looks like. I really hope he can somehow spark the Panthers into a comeback season.

I eagerly await the season debut of the Big Cat!

CanadianPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.