HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Goaltending discussion thread (edit: Markstrom called up)

Old
02-19-2013, 08:08 PM
nhlfan9191

vCash: 500
Don't think Markstrom is better than Theodore. He's definitely better than Clemmenson. Call up Markstrom and see if he can get hot and give this team confidence. I also believe Theodore's confidence will come back if the team's does. He started very well and started to lose it the more we lost.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:37 PM
5 Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
We play 3 games in 68 hours. If theyre going to give Markstrom a showing, this would be the time.

Hope he comes in and pitches a shutout. Even if he gives up 5, rather see the future do it than the past.

^
This

5 Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:43 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Done. Markstrom recalled.

The clear and obvious move.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Done. Markstrom recalled.

The clear and obvious move.
So basically we can close this thread now and stop with the B*tchfest?

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:13 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
You mean find somethin else...lol

02-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
You mean find somethin else...lol
lol...though honestly, with all the complaining around here lately, I kinda dont feel like posting as much. And to top it off, I'm sure if I say something positive about the org that some are complaining about, I kinda feel like I'll be called an "apologist", especially because of who I work for (I refuse to post anything in the Club Red thread because of that, even though I have some insight there). I'll get off the and stop but I expect to definitely be posting a LOT less on HF because of constant b*tchfest.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:41 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
I didnt open it.

And like lausy said, we are fans, we will find something else to rag on.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:45 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
lol...though honestly, with all the complaining around here lately, I kinda dont feel like posting as much. And to top it off, I'm sure if I say something positive about the org that some are complaining about, I kinda feel like I'll be called an "apologist", especially because of who I work for (I refuse to post anything in the Club Red thread because of that, even though I have some insight there). I'll get off the and stop but I expect to definitely be posting a LOT less on HF because of constant b*tchfest.
Man, I hope not, you're one of my favorite posters. There are gonna be the 'that shadow is the asteroid that's gonna kill us all' people everywhere.

Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:00 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Personally Id welcome your posts on the Clubred thread. Im a vested longtime sth. In fact my cjlubseats were originally "licensee" seats. I understand MY"s need to make income etc. Ive defended him here many times. Clubred tho I dont believe was handled correctly, and at a minimum was rushed.

That said i dont want to hijack this thread but simply reiterate that among the rational, your input is wecome.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Vitto79

Markstrom is up

Clemmensen on the block now?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:17 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Markstrom is up

Clemmensen on the block now?
Markstrom may be up for a cup of coffee, or never see the AHL again.

If he struggles for 2 games they have the excuse/logic to send him down.

If he gets comfortable quicklyup quickly, well then yes.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:18 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

wrong thread

Old
02-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Don't think Markstrom is better than Theodore. He's definitely better than Clemmenson. Call up Markstrom and see if he can get hot and give this team confidence. I also believe Theodore's confidence will come back if the team's does. He started very well and started to lose it the more we lost.
Idk, I'll always have much respect for Theo, but he's definitely lost a little bit of his game this season. I wouldn't be surprised if Markstrom takes over now.

Dread Clawz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:18 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Idk, I'll always have much respect for Theo, but he's definitely lost a little bit of his game this season. I wouldn't be surprised if Markstrom takes over now.
We'll find out real soon who the better goalie is. If we're lucky, it's Markstrom. I don't think Theodore has changed a whole lot from last season. I just think he lost his confidence when the team lost 5 straight and he's really struggling to regain it.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
But he isnt as bad as his stats indicate. The defense left him out there alone way too many times.

Boothinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
We'll find out real soon who the better goalie is. If we're lucky, it's Markstrom. I don't think Theodore has changed a whole lot from last season. I just think he lost his confidence when the team lost 5 straight and he's really struggling to regain it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
But he isnt as bad as his stats indicate. The defense left him out there alone way too many times.
You could be right, but he did have a couple great bounce back games right after he let in a lot of goals the game before, but then followed it up with a stinker. He just can't seem to get on track. IMO confidence is a part of it, but not all of it.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
You could be right, but he did have a couple great bounce back games right after he let in a lot of goals the game before, but then followed it up with a stinker. He just can't seem to get on track. IMO confidence is a part of it, but not all of it.
And in the game in which he played well and deserved a win, we were not able to score a single goal.
I am not sure how a team can be so inconsistent in games. We were used to consistently score 2 goals last season and had to have good goaltending, which we also got in most games or we would have lost like it happens this season.

But I am all for the callup. He has proved enough in the AHL and should stay here. I am not confident with Clemmensen. He has been horrible. A 4.5 GAA is not acceptable!

Boothinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
And in the game in which he played well and deserved a win, we were not able to score a single goal.
I am not sure how a team can be so inconsistent in games. We were used to consistently score 2 goals last season and had to have good goaltending, which we also got in most games or we would have lost like it happens this season.

But I am all for the callup. He has proved enough in the AHL and should stay here. I am not confident with Clemmensen. He has been horrible. A 4.5 GAA is not acceptable!
From what I recall, there have been a couple games where Theo earned a good win and then followed that up with a bad game personally. I'm not saying that is unusual over the course of a season, but it's only been 15 games, and Tallon felt compelled to recall Markstrom because he's not satisfied with the goaltending.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:51 AM
jakethesnake23

Been waiting for "flapanthersfan" to come in here and do a jig... where are u mate?

Since this season is well and truly toast, I really have no problem trying the young guys out. Even if Jake gets smashed, he should be able to handle it (as Nate had said many times).

My original opposition in this thread was to the notion that Clemm (granted he has been terrible) was the reason this team wasnt winning.

I hope Jake plays well but not so well we dont get a top-6 pick. That would make this season pretty hard to swallow.

jakethesnake23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:19 AM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake23 View Post
Been waiting for "flapanthersfan" to come in here and do a jig... where are u mate?

Since this season is well and truly toast, I really have no problem trying the young guys out. Even if Jake gets smashed, he should be able to handle it (as Nate had said many times).

My original opposition in this thread was to the notion that Clemm (granted he has been terrible) was the reason this team wasnt winning.

I hope Jake plays well but not so well we dont get a top-6 pick. That would make this season pretty hard to swallow.
So a lot of 2-1 and 1-0 losses should do the trick. And when we do score, the Huby/Shore/Mules line does the damage.

-ghoste

Ghoste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:25 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:

Really makes it hard to win when the goalie has been admittedly terrible.

If Jake plays as bad as the presently worst GAA tandem in the NHL then as I've said repeatedly at least I'm watching the future gain NHL experience.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:16 AM
jakethesnake23

Quote:
Really makes it hard to win when the goalie has been admittedly terrible.

If Jake plays as bad as the presently worst GAA tandem in the NHL then as I've said repeatedly at least I'm watching the future gain NHL experience.
Yes it does, but we couldnt win when we scored 5 goals, or when we pitched a shutout... Point is, it doesnt matter who the hell is in net, we cant win regardless.

And its unfair to say we have the worse GAA in the NHL and not point out we have scored the 2nd fewest goals in the league. So our offensive is only a bees d*** away from our defense in regards to futility.

Again, the point is, our goalies have been bad, but so has the entire team and singling them out is unjust.

With that said, bring on Jake... and Howden and Petro and Colby.

jakethesnake23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:55 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Yes it does, but we couldnt win when we scored 5 goals, or when we pitched a shutout... Point is, it doesnt matter who the hell is in net, we cant win regardless.

And its unfair to say we have the worse GAA in the NHL and not point out we have scored the 2nd fewest goals in the league. So our offensive is only a bees d*** away from our defense in regards to futility.

Again, the point is, our goalies have been bad, but so has the entire team and singling them out is unjust.

With that said, bring on Jake... and Howden and Petro and Colby.
Its not unfair its the fact that applies to the thread...why call up a new goalie.

If there is a bring up Howden thread the argument of number of goals is applicable.

I think we are on the same page...lots of flaws this years...but obviously Talon has had enough of the porous goaltending and its a fix he can make without damage to his blueprint.

Last edited by adam graves: 02-21-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old
02-21-2013, 10:05 AM
Cats2TheCup

This should have happened as soon as we led the league in goals allowed . Could have saved 4-6 pts.

Cats2TheCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:40 PM
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther

I think everyone is ready for the unleashing of the Swedish Giant. An interesting sidenote was the reports of Anaheim signing Viktor Fasth to a two-year, $5.8 million contract extension on Wednesday, rewarding the Swedish goalie for his 8-0-0 start to his first NHL season.

The kid has been lights out for a team that was suppose to be "fighting for a playoff spot". I doubt anyone could have predicted the start the Ducks are having this season and if they continue this play, my dream of Tallon signing Getzlaf is over officially.

A link to the article for the Fasth singing is here: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416434

Fasth earned a new contract after just nine unbeaten appearances with the Pacific Division-leading Ducks, who have the NHL's second-best record at 12-2-1. He'll make $2.4 million next season and $3.4 million in 2014-15.

I'm not saying Markstrom will turn this team around taking them from the bottom to the top but we know next season Jacob will be the back-up for most of the season unless he steals the job as starter against whoever is kept after this year.

I had an early post on here where I said Markstrom should be signed to a long term deal being a minimum of 4 years at $4million. This signing of Fasth is already at a 2year with a $2.9million cap hit. I just thought it was an interesting signing because that may be what Jacob is in the range of for re-signing. Did anyone think Fasth is a better goalie than Markstrom at the start of this season??

I guess it ultimately comes down to how many games Markstrom plays and what his numbers looks like. I really hope he can somehow spark the Panthers into a comeback season.

I eagerly await the season debut of the Big Cat!

CanadianPanther is offline   Reply With Quote