HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

O'Reilly's dad goes full Lindros

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 04:59 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
In a way, this is a blessing for the Avs. They'll finish at the bottom of the standings and retain the asset. They could use all the help they can get too.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
And like I said earlier in the thread, therein probably lies the problem.
You got a coach that is making the Avs an unpleasant team for.
But it is only unpleasant for some?

Most of those players were widely known for taking nights off or just lacking the talent to be in the lineup night in, night out.

Old
Nihiliste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
I think Brian might have a learning disability? so I don't think people should be making fun of him...
I'm fairly sure based on his comments on his blog and elsewhere that he is dyslexic, which I suppose accounts for his problems writing.

However, his views are still those of a delusional and incredibly stupid individual.

Old
Disclose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
lol. he'shaving conversations with himself.
its like he's trying to convince the son through twitter that he's right.
at least he seems to mention he has dyslexia, which might explain why he sucks at writing letters.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
The tricky part is we already have a #2 centre behind Spezza who wanted out of his former team.
Is Turris playing C or on W these days ? Never have enough good centers.

Turris wanted out, but he seems pretty happy so far in Ottawa.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngryHank View Post
Wow , did you read the conversations? He is a little out there.
Definitely getting a scientology vibe from his 'declarations'

If so, nutjob indeed....

Old
02-20-2013, 05:03 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Well, at least Duchene earned some respect in my eyes.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:06 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
You can see he teaches what he preaches. Kids shouldn't be held back by other kids.

"**** you Cal. You don't have what it takes to be a National hockey league player. Show some god damn character".

One character to rule them all
One character to find them,
One character to bring them all,
and in the darkness, spend 5 million dollars

Old
02-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Gord
Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellarDweller0 View Post
How embarrassing is the for Ryan? If it were me I would have some choice words for daddy.
or worse, Ryan really believes that stuff.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

I really had a man crush on O'Reilly over the last three years. That guy was playing his heart out every game, and last year, when he was given the chance, he also proved his offensive skills, which are not elite but still very good.
Unfortunately he seems to overestimate himself by about a mile and he obviously thinks he's worth more than any other player on the team or the club itself. Don't know if that was his idea or whether he was influenced by his dad, his agent or whomever. It's a pity but after all the Avs have to cut ties with this guy. Get the best assets you can, even if it's only a few picks and/or prospects and move on, you can't put that guy back into one locker room with Duchene, Landeskog and Johnson.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:16 PM
Leafidelity
Compete Level

vCash: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sakic View Post
Feel free to provide some quotes to back that up.

A lot of these players wanted a. too much money, b. too long of a contract or c. they were largely inconsistent and the Avs didn't want to have anything to do with them.

Players take parting shots at their previous teams all the time. A lot of those players said things in the heat of the moment when they were freshly traded.

Edit: And then there were players like Porter, Galiardi, Stewart, Quincey and Anderson who were in Sacco's doghouse and they weren't getting enough playing time. Of course they'd be upset.
Going to take awhile to find all those quotes, but I've kept tabs on the team for a few years because of family in Denver. Anyone following that team should notice the smoke. Keep in mind that Quenneville told management they were overvaluing their prospects, and that the team needed a veteran presence and was promptly sacked. I've also noticed how many players the Avalanche cut loose after trading for. Flash, Mueller, Vrbata, Anderson, Boychuck etc. Nothing to show for the assets moved to get them. Have you not been fed the "We can't sign any big name free agents because we need to eventually pay our young talent" line? Is that not what ROR is? Sometimes seems like the hockey team is only there to subsidize the Nuggets.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
And like I said earlier in the thread, therein probably lies the problem.
You got a coach that is making the Avs an unpleasant team to play for.
Really, it's the coach's fault? I don't care much for Sacco, and a big part of it is because he gives crappy players way too much of a chance.

Take a look at that list of players. Bunch of superstars, right? Porter is lighting up the AHL. Stewart is vastly underperforming his potential. I can't imagine the Sharks are too happy with Galiardi at the moment. Quincey has not looked like a very solid defenseman in Detroit from what I've seen either. Winnik was pissed off that he didn't get the money he was after. He never did end up getting it. Anderson probably deserved to be paid, but he was not the right age they were looking for. And boy he sure was professional about his distaste .

The point being, it's hard to miss the guys that walked away or were traded and talked smack. Stewie I'd like back, but he's still frustrating with his inability to live up to potential.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:24 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
Going to take awhile to find all those quotes, but I've kept tabs on the team for a few years because of family in Denver. Anyone following that team should notice the smoke. Keep in mind that Quenneville told management they were overvaluing their prospects, and that the team needed a veteran presence and was promptly sacked. I've also noticed how many players the Avalanche cut loose after trading for. Flash, Mueller, Vrbata, Anderson, Boychuck etc. Nothing to show for the assets moved to get them. Have you not been fed the "We can't sign any big name free agents because we need to eventually pay our young talent" line? Is that not what ROR is? Sometimes seems like the hockey team is only there to subsidize the Nuggets.
Only Flash and Mueller were traded for. Anderson was a free agent signing. Vrbata and Boychuck were drafted and then traded.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:24 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Whole situation is disgusting.

I couldn't see O'Reilly being back with the team after this dumbass started opening his mouth about the whole thing.

Dyslexia or not, Brian O'Reilly, you have made a fool of yourself AND your own son over a couple million dollars, and publicly burned the organization that controls your son's NHL rights for the next FOUR YEARS. Four years away from the NHL for a 22 year old is likely the death of his career, if they decide to simply banish him.

Hope he gets traded so we don't have to listen to this CLOWN demean our REAL star players like Matt Duchene who gets a 95 for skill and a 95 for character as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan O'Reilly got a C+ in math class because he clearly can't calculate that he isn't worth 5 million a year as an RFA

Old
02-20-2013, 05:26 PM
Freudian
No Guenin, No cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
Brunette was disappointed he wasn't offered a new contract when Avs decided to go young, but has several times since said how much he loved it in Colorado. How is that a good example of a player taking shots at the team?

Vrbata who has played on three NHL teams between Avs and Coyotes is an example of Avs messing up?

Old
02-20-2013, 05:36 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

He is only mildly crazy. Like mild hot sauce.

I don't get why he started ranting so much lately. I wish I knew what Ryan thought about the whole thing

Old
02-20-2013, 05:40 PM
Qurpiz
Unregistered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Whole situation is disgusting.

I couldn't see O'Reilly being back with the team after this dumbass started opening his mouth about the whole thing.

Dyslexia or not, Brian O'Reilly, you have made a fool of yourself AND your own son over a couple million dollars, and publicly burned the organization that controls your son's NHL rights for the next FOUR YEARS. Four years away from the NHL for a 22 year old is likely the death of his career, if they decide to simply banish him.

Hope he gets traded so we don't have to listen to this CLOWN demean our REAL star players like Matt Duchene who gets a 95 for skill and a 95 for character as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan O'Reilly got a C+ in math class because he clearly can't calculate that he isn't worth 5 million a year as an RFA
Isn't ROR UFA after next season if they don't get a deal done?

Old
02-20-2013, 05:46 PM
RewBicks

Here's the main problem: O'Reilly isn't a superstar. People in his life should probably stop telling people he is. In fact, he's not even the best up-and-comer on his team - he's third, at best.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:49 PM
blendini

Mummy and Daddy are the last one's that can fairly assess their son's character.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:50 PM
Miss Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
...You never go full Lindros

Old
02-20-2013, 06:01 PM
NooDLE

My favorite tweet

Old
02-20-2013, 06:04 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

I haven't read all of this thread's drivel but isn't his pop basically insinuating that the team is trying to exploit O'Rielly's character by suggesting he take less-than-value? It's pretty insulting and I can see why the bridges would get burnt.

That said, we'll trade you DD + Weber + Danny Kristo for him

Old
02-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Chau Vo
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooDLE View Post
My favorite tweet
Sounds like my drunk texts to girls.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Selanne138

Love the quote from Duchene. Taking the "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything" route on Brian O'Reilly.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:10 PM
trellaine201

Coldnt raed the whole story lol, sounds like a "cult" like abomination to me. Bad advice.

Closed Thread