HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

O'Reilly's dad goes full Lindros

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 05:11 PM
Selanne138

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I haven't read all of this thread's drivel but isn't his pop basically insinuating that the team is trying to exploit O'Rielly's character by suggesting he take less-than-value? It's pretty insulting and I can see why the bridges would get burnt.

That said, we'll trade you DD + Weber + Danny Kristo for him

I think that's what hes getting at. But pretty much everyone outside of his family/agency sees it the other way, that ROR is trying to eliminate the 2nd contract and demand way out of market value without backing it up with performance. All reading that made me think was that ROR has little character and needs Daddy to back him up when the older kids are mean to him.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:11 PM
Big Phil

Let's put things into perspective. Brian, your kid had 18 goals and 55 points the last time he played hockey. That's not a superstar. That's not a star either. No one in their right mind would even flirt with the idea of him on the Canadian Olympic team. Matt Duchene on the other hand is at least a player that can be named as a contender for the Olympic team without it sounding absurd (even though he isn't making the team either).

Ryan has proven nothing in the NHL. He has one playoff point to his name - in 6 games. Excuse me while I sound unimpressed. Glad you raised such a humble kid though. All this time I was wondering where the heck the attitude of a player like O'Reilly would have come from because of this holdout. You answered my question, dad.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:12 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Horrendously written and nearly incoherent. Did his dad finish grade school?

Old
02-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Ceremony
Just don't forget

vCash: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Horrendously written and nearly incoherent. Did his dad finish grade school?
Brian O'Reilly is dyslexic.

Now, if we are to mock anything, mock the sentiment. Please.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
02-20-2013, 05:16 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I haven't read all of this thread's drivel but isn't his pop basically insinuating that the team is trying to exploit O'Rielly's character by suggesting he take less-than-value? It's pretty insulting and I can see why the bridges would get burnt.

That said, we'll trade you DD + Weber + Danny Kristo for him
It is known that the Avs offered at least 2 deals. The first was a bridge contract 2 years $7m, same as Duchene. The second was 5 years $17m. Neither contract should be in the least insulting, and the first one is actually a pretty generous bridge contract considering Duchene outperformed ROR for 2 out of 3 years. ROR is simply upset that the Avs won't pay him more than Duchene (at this point I agree with the Avs, ROR hasn't earned more).

Old
02-20-2013, 05:25 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
Brian O'Reilly is dyslexic.

Now, if we are to mock anything, mock the sentiment. Please.
Dyslexia effects spelling not conventions of grammar, sentence formation, punctuation, basic language use and understanding of english, etc.

Please, let's stop using the most minor ailments to excuse significantly more blatant idiocy. The man writes like an angry 12 year old leaving a note for his parents. It's pathetic for a grown man. That includes the way he attempts to express his sentiment. Every aspect of that rant was horrifically written, not just the parts that dyslexia would impact.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:27 PM
WhiskeyYourTheDevils

I feel like this is how "Atlas Shrugged" would have read if it were written in crayon by a 9 year old.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:31 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Dyslexia effects spelling not conventions of grammar, sentence formation, punctuation, basic language use and understanding of english, etc.

Please, let's stop using the most minor ailments to excuse significantly more blatant idiocy. The man writes like an angry 12 year old leaving a note for his parents. It's pathetic for a grown man. That includes the way he attempts to express his sentiment. Every aspect of that rant was horrifically written, not just the parts that dyslexia would impact.
Not true. I am dyslexic and it can effect comprehension and overall writing skills. It is much more than misspelling. I'd guess that Brian O'Reilly has a bit of dysgraphia too, but none of this is neither here nor there.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Ellipson

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Not true. I am dyslexic and it can effect comprehension and overall writing skills. It is much more than misspelling. I'd guess that Brian O'Reilly has a bit of dysgraphia too, but none of this is neither here nor there.
You're kind of proving his point though; your post was written with ten times the clarity of the father's email. You put more effort into a post on a message board than he did in a letter to a newspaper that he requested be made public.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:37 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipson View Post
You're kind of proving his point though; your post was written with ten times the clarity of the father's email. You put more effort into a post on a message board than he did in a letter to a newspaper that he requested be made public.
Thank you. No excuse for how terribly written the letter is. I doubt it has anything to do with dyslexia or dysgraphia as it isn't isolated to mistakes or misunderstandings. The thoughts themselves mrld into one another without coming to completion and the overall sentiment is rambling nonsense. There is a blatant lack of language skills that goes beyond writing.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:37 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipson View Post
Over time you can learn to function pretty well with the disability. Obviously Brian O'Reilly has not learned to do that.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:40 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

vCash: 50
Dyslexia is a broad term and it can be far more complex than just a spelling disorder. So there's no point to criticize grammar or structure of the article.. but its ideas and message.

I think it's still very very weak.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:42 PM
Puck Poise

https://twitter.com/coachbri1/status/295734455878942720

Quote:
Spent 3 days working with the Detroit Red Wings, great bunch of guys,class organization. Lets create the impossible!
I hate you, Brian O'Reilly.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
All of you have missed the diabolical genius that is Brian O'Reilly.

Like a modern-day Professor Moriarty, the secret is in the clues left by the capitalized letters in the middle of sentences, which, when arranged in order, spell:

AFLATAOIOCC

Which, when re-arranged....

...spell nothing of consequence.
Early leader for POTY

Old
02-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Offdapost*
Tetrodotoxin!

vCash: 383
We're done with this

Closed Thread