HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

O'Reilly's dad goes full Lindros

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2013, 05:11 PM
  #276
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I haven't read all of this thread's drivel but isn't his pop basically insinuating that the team is trying to exploit O'Rielly's character by suggesting he take less-than-value? It's pretty insulting and I can see why the bridges would get burnt.

That said, we'll trade you DD + Weber + Danny Kristo for him

I think that's what hes getting at. But pretty much everyone outside of his family/agency sees it the other way, that ROR is trying to eliminate the 2nd contract and demand way out of market value without backing it up with performance. All reading that made me think was that ROR has little character and needs Daddy to back him up when the older kids are mean to him.

Selanne138 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:11 PM
  #277
Big Phil
Registered User
 
Big Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,165
vCash: 500
Let's put things into perspective. Brian, your kid had 18 goals and 55 points the last time he played hockey. That's not a superstar. That's not a star either. No one in their right mind would even flirt with the idea of him on the Canadian Olympic team. Matt Duchene on the other hand is at least a player that can be named as a contender for the Olympic team without it sounding absurd (even though he isn't making the team either).

Ryan has proven nothing in the NHL. He has one playoff point to his name - in 6 games. Excuse me while I sound unimpressed. Glad you raised such a humble kid though. All this time I was wondering where the heck the attitude of a player like O'Reilly would have come from because of this holdout. You answered my question, dad.

Big Phil is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:12 PM
  #278
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Horrendously written and nearly incoherent. Did his dad finish grade school?

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:14 PM
  #279
Ceremony
Just don't forget
 
Ceremony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 71,319
vCash: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Horrendously written and nearly incoherent. Did his dad finish grade school?
Brian O'Reilly is dyslexic.

Now, if we are to mock anything, mock the sentiment. Please.

__________________
ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:16 PM
  #280
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I haven't read all of this thread's drivel but isn't his pop basically insinuating that the team is trying to exploit O'Rielly's character by suggesting he take less-than-value? It's pretty insulting and I can see why the bridges would get burnt.

That said, we'll trade you DD + Weber + Danny Kristo for him
It is known that the Avs offered at least 2 deals. The first was a bridge contract 2 years $7m, same as Duchene. The second was 5 years $17m. Neither contract should be in the least insulting, and the first one is actually a pretty generous bridge contract considering Duchene outperformed ROR for 2 out of 3 years. ROR is simply upset that the Avs won't pay him more than Duchene (at this point I agree with the Avs, ROR hasn't earned more).

henchman24 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:25 PM
  #281
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
Brian O'Reilly is dyslexic.

Now, if we are to mock anything, mock the sentiment. Please.
Dyslexia effects spelling not conventions of grammar, sentence formation, punctuation, basic language use and understanding of english, etc.

Please, let's stop using the most minor ailments to excuse significantly more blatant idiocy. The man writes like an angry 12 year old leaving a note for his parents. It's pathetic for a grown man. That includes the way he attempts to express his sentiment. Every aspect of that rant was horrifically written, not just the parts that dyslexia would impact.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:27 PM
  #282
WhiskeyYourTheDevils
Registered User
 
WhiskeyYourTheDevils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 8,178
vCash: 500
I feel like this is how "Atlas Shrugged" would have read if it were written in crayon by a 9 year old.

WhiskeyYourTheDevils is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:31 PM
  #283
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Dyslexia effects spelling not conventions of grammar, sentence formation, punctuation, basic language use and understanding of english, etc.

Please, let's stop using the most minor ailments to excuse significantly more blatant idiocy. The man writes like an angry 12 year old leaving a note for his parents. It's pathetic for a grown man. That includes the way he attempts to express his sentiment. Every aspect of that rant was horrifically written, not just the parts that dyslexia would impact.
Not true. I am dyslexic and it can effect comprehension and overall writing skills. It is much more than misspelling. I'd guess that Brian O'Reilly has a bit of dysgraphia too, but none of this is neither here nor there.

henchman24 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:35 PM
  #284
Ellipson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Not true. I am dyslexic and it can effect comprehension and overall writing skills. It is much more than misspelling. I'd guess that Brian O'Reilly has a bit of dysgraphia too, but none of this is neither here nor there.
You're kind of proving his point though; your post was written with ten times the clarity of the father's email. You put more effort into a post on a message board than he did in a letter to a newspaper that he requested be made public.

Ellipson is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:37 PM
  #285
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipson View Post
You're kind of proving his point though; your post was written with ten times the clarity of the father's email. You put more effort into a post on a message board than he did in a letter to a newspaper that he requested be made public.
Thank you. No excuse for how terribly written the letter is. I doubt it has anything to do with dyslexia or dysgraphia as it isn't isolated to mistakes or misunderstandings. The thoughts themselves mrld into one another without coming to completion and the overall sentiment is rambling nonsense. There is a blatant lack of language skills that goes beyond writing.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:37 PM
  #286
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipson View Post
You're kind of proving his point though; your post was written with ten times the clarity of the father's email. You put more effort into a post on a message board than he did in a letter to a newspaper that he requested be made public.
Over time you can learn to function pretty well with the disability. Obviously Brian O'Reilly has not learned to do that.

henchman24 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:40 PM
  #287
W75
Wegistewed Usew
 
W75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,487
vCash: 50
Dyslexia is a broad term and it can be far more complex than just a spelling disorder. So there's no point to criticize grammar or structure of the article.. but its ideas and message.

I think it's still very very weak.

W75 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:42 PM
  #288
Puck Poise
Registered User
 
Puck Poise's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 132
vCash: 500
https://twitter.com/coachbri1/status/295734455878942720

Quote:
Spent 3 days working with the Detroit Red Wings, great bunch of guys,class organization. Lets create the impossible!
I hate you, Brian O'Reilly.

Puck Poise is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:45 PM
  #289
Sasso09
Registered User
 
Sasso09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
All of you have missed the diabolical genius that is Brian O'Reilly.

Like a modern-day Professor Moriarty, the secret is in the clues left by the capitalized letters in the middle of sentences, which, when arranged in order, spell:

AFLATAOIOCC

Which, when re-arranged....


...spell nothing of consequence.
Early leader for POTY

Sasso09 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:46 PM
  #290
Offdapost*
Tetrodotoxin!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,812
vCash: 383
We're done with this

Offdapost* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.