HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Spike TV Bringing Back The Joe Schmo Show

Old
02-20-2013, 05:19 PM
17futurecap

vCash: 500
Hopefully Allen got a bonus for chugging that giant glass of bugs. Loved when they were like why is the glass so big?

Sometimes I feel like we are the ones being Schmo'd, and Chase will also be an actor.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Hopefully Allen got a bonus for chugging that giant glass of bugs. Loved when they were like why is the glass so big?

Sometimes I feel like we are the ones being Schmo'd, and Chase will also be an actor.
They actually said it was just prune juice mixed with some other stuff I believe, still looked nasty though.

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:33 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foligno and Barnes View Post
They actually said it was just prune juice mixed with some other stuff I believe, still looked nasty though.
Ahhh, was not paying attention at all .

Old
02-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Alright, this stun gun game is hilarious.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Evil Speaker
Registered

vCash: 1584
Ok. now I feel bad for Chase

Evil Speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:23 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Is it just me or did they ruin the ending in that preview?

Spoil:
When they say "Chase, we've got something else to tell you", Lorenzo is holding a giant check

Old
02-27-2013, 02:03 AM
17futurecap

Really production, you made his doors much harder to open? He drilled the first door and it opened, and as he did that he barely hit the second door as he fell, and it opened.

I'm ready for this to be over, kind of lost interest the past two episodes. I did laugh tonight at the eviction ceremony when Jake was just shaking his head at Chase looking into his llamas soul.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Trap Jesus

I don't think this season has been as strong as the other two, but it's had its moments. Telling Chase that he would be able to keep his llama after the show was absolutely hilarious.

One reason why I think this season suffered a bit was that they kept some uninteresting characters on too long, primarily Chico. I get that they want to keep him believing the hoax, which is why you can't keep all the crazy characters on until the end, but they already had a steadying influence in Allen. I really didn't see the need to keep Chico on that long.

Randy (probably the best character this season IMO) was a character that was able to be entertaining along with acting as somewhat of a foil to the crazy characters, so it was good that they really made use of him. Lavernius was the same way so it's kind of a shame they didn't use him more.

Also have to say that Allison was the worst character they've ever done. She wasn't entertaining and way overplayed her part.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Disclose

vCash: 1000
i cant find the 9th episode... not even in torrent.

Disclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:41 AM
Spikeygrrl
Rookie User

@Trap Jesus

I have to disagree with your relative rating of the seasons:

To me, Season 1 was cool because it was novel, even though Matt was a dunce all too easily taken in.

Season 2 -- the couples season -- lost my interest completely, especially after the double-premise collapsed so early that the producers had to let the female Schmo in on the secret in order to keep fooling the male Schmo.

However, I am LOVING, LOVING, LOVING Season 3! Mensa won't be calling Chase anytime soon, but he is a pretty sharp guy in the Common Sense sort of way. (He also holds an M.S. in Agronomy, which is not kindergarten stuff!) That he has almost figured out the gag several times, forcing the producers to radically alter on-the-fly their storylines, props, and even casting, has made every minute interesting. I admire Chase for being obviously so driven to win, yet never stooping to skeezy ethics to do it. How many of us, in the same situation, would be able to say the same?

My hope at this point is that Chase will not react to The Big Reveal like poor Schmo 1.0 Matt Kennedy Gould did. He bore up fine on camera...but after the fact was so rattled and humiliated that he developed both major clinical depression and a substance addiction. Fortunately he's thriving again, but gosh I just don't know if I could have lived with myself if I'd been on the production team (I actually did make video for a living for 20 years!) and then found out that we'd ruined this guy's life. What if he'd committed suicide, as some depressed, addicted people do every year? YOW.

Anyhoo, I'm eagerly awaiting the Season 3 finale next week -- aren't you?

Spikeygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:50 AM
Spikeygrrl
Rookie User

@Disclose: I just found Episode 9 via Frostwire, which is a freeware app modeled on Limewire but much, MUCH faster. I recently had to replace the hard drive and reload the operating system on my PC, so actually I was looking to find Limewire again but ran across this instead. So far I"m very impressed. http://www.frostwire.com/

Full "Disclosure," no puns intended: I have absolutely no personal or commercial relationship with the creators or distributors of this program, I'm just very grateful for an easy, free, GOOD solution to an immediate problem, yanno?

Spikeygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

It's on. Season finale

Old
03-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Evil Speaker
Registered

Lol at Chase "maybe i should have brought some confetti"

Old
03-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Well, he looks like he took it well

Old
03-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Super Troopers. Knew it was from somewhere

Old
03-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Evil Speaker
Registered

What are the ratings for this show?

Old
03-06-2013, 12:29 AM
17futurecap

Good wrap up, congrats to Chase, seems like a truly nice guy.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:22 PM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
I don't think this season has been as strong as the other two, but it's had its moments. Telling Chase that he would be able to keep his llama after the show was absolutely hilarious.

One reason why I think this season suffered a bit was that they kept some uninteresting characters on too long, primarily Chico. I get that they want to keep him believing the hoax, which is why you can't keep all the crazy characters on until the end, but they already had a steadying influence in Allen. I really didn't see the need to keep Chico on that long.

Randy (probably the best character this season IMO) was a character that was able to be entertaining along with acting as somewhat of a foil to the crazy characters, so it was good that they really made use of him. Lavernius was the same way so it's kind of a shame they didn't use him more.

Also have to say that Allison was the worst character they've ever done. She wasn't entertaining and way overplayed her part.
This was my least favourite Joe Schmo season, but it was still very good. well worth watching. Great ending, although they sure didn't leave enough room for the resolution and epilogue. I want a whole episode of Chase in front of a TV watching classic scenes while they ask him "so what's going through your head here?"

seventieslord is online now   Reply With Quote