HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

** Official 2013 Fire Sacco Thread: Part 1 **

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 04:25 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Forsberg as Owner, Joe as Gm, Patrick as coach, Hunwick as sex slave

Old
02-20-2013, 04:26 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I'm not sure I want Roy to be coach and GM.

Head Coach should keep him busy.

Let Joe Sakic be the next GM, if he's interested.
No fan of this. People look way too much at achievements as a player when they are looking for a coach or a GM. I dont know EXATCLY how good Roy has been doing in the QMJHL, but should his expirences as a GM and coach there really get him an NHL job?

Old
02-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
No fan of this. People look way too much at achievements as a player when they are looking for a coach or a GM. I dont know EXATCLY how good Roy has been doing in the QMJHL, but should his expirences as a GM and coach there really get him an NHL job?
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=4688

Decent, but I have no idea what kind of caliber team this is. Are they suppose to win every year or not?

Old
02-20-2013, 04:32 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Roy has more credentials as a coach, player and Farmville then the bozo behind the bench now.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:35 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Roy has more credentials as a coach, player and Farmville then the bozo behind the bench now.
Yes but, I think there will be better options out there than someone who has just coached juniors.

I'm not a fan of this "Let's get anyone better than Sacco" the next coach we pick will must likely get a long contract and someone we will be stuck with for quite some time.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Ceremony
Ten Tons

vCash: 499
I think the less "old boys" this team has around them, the better. That includes Roy, for me.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
02-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
That bozo was 60-79-21 in the AHL before the Avs hired him. How can you not hire a guy who is that experienced and successful?

It'll be tough for Roy to meet those standards.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
That bozo was 60-79-21 in the AHL before the Avs hired him. How can you not hire a guy who is that experienced and successful?

It'll be tough for Roy to meet those standards.
ahahahahahaha

I wonder how he got this job.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:51 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by detrude View Post
Was just a general response to the two posts about Ruff getting fired. I forgot the quoted tweet wouldn't show in my post. Never thought I'd see the day where Ruff gets fired.
Me either, I know we can't really expect the Avs to go out and get Ruff. But that does not make it any less retarded. I'd love to be presently surprised on this one...

Old
02-20-2013, 04:58 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
I have a horrid feeling they wont even do that...

I REALLY hope I am wrong.
During Sacco's tenure the Avs could have interviewed with the intent to hire Todd McLellan, Paul MacLean, Bruce Boudreau, Randy Carlyle and Ken Hitchcock. If a losing record in the AHL can get Sacco the job and a .500 record in the NHL allows him to keep it, Lindy Ruff being on the market isn't going to force management's hand to fire him.

We don't even have to get into the parade of unqualified assistants they've hired.

Same ****, different day.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:29 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

vCash: 50
Do you all feel that Josh K. owns/controls this team, or is he just a figurehead so his father could buy the Rams? I haven't heard much about how much involvement Josh has in the organization.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Do you all feel that Josh K. owns/controls this team, or is he just a figurehead so his father could buy the Rams? I haven't heard much about how much involvement Josh has in the organization.
Yeah, but all other Kroenke's teams has good coaches, It's only Avalanche coaching staff sucking.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
During Sacco's tenure the Avs could have interviewed with the intent to hire Todd McLellan, Paul MacLean, Bruce Boudreau, Randy Carlyle and Ken Hitchcock. If a losing record in the AHL can get Sacco the job and a .500 record in the NHL allows him to keep it, Lindy Ruff being on the market isn't going to force management's hand to fire him.

We don't even have to get into the parade of unqualified assistants they've hired.

Same ****, different day.
Yep. No need to get your hopes up for Ruff.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:44 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Yeah, but all other Kroenke's teams has good coaches, It's only Avalanche coaching staff sucking.
My thought then on Josh K:

Perhaps it depends more on how much control and aspirations Josh Kronke has in regards to the Avalanche. It has been long enough for him to be the owner/controller trainee, and so if he truly has control of this team, things may start to shake up a bit.

A young guy wanting to prove himself and build a winner will be more likely to change the status quo. He may start at the top by releasing PL, or at the bottom by starting to influence player decisions and coaching. I think that a quality coach will be hired if PL loses influence with J.K. Nothing helps that happen more than having a continually floundering franchise.

If he's just a figurehead in place so his father could by the Rams, then unfortunately it will be more of the same.

Hopefully he's a young owner in the world of men twice his age or more, and he'll be hell bent on doing what it takes to earn their respect and prove he's a force and part of the future in this league. (ala Mark Cuban). The easiest of ways to do that is to build a winner.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:01 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

I don't feel that the Kroenke's have a clue about how to run a Hockey Team. They basically let PL run everything. It's his baby, they just pay the bills.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:07 PM
csanadi19

With the firing of Ruff, do any other avs fans think we should hire him. I've got seasons in Buffalo, so i may be a little high on Ruff but i think he's a great coach. He always seemed to turn a weak buffalo team into a playoff contender. The only problem with Ruff is that it seems when he's got a good team, they do bad, and when the team looks like its rebuilding, they make the playoffs

Old
02-20-2013, 06:10 PM
GeoffL19

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by csanadi19 View Post
With the firing of Ruff, do any other avs fans think we should hire him. I've got seasons in Buffalo, so i may be a little high on Ruff but i think he's a great coach. He always seemed to turn a weak buffalo team into a playoff contender. The only problem with Ruff is that it seems when he's got a good team, they do bad, and when the team looks like its rebuilding, they make the playoffs
I don't think you'll find anyone on this planet not named Greg Sherman or Pierre Lacroix who would prefer Sacco to Ruff.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Josh loves hockey.

His favorite play is when it's late in the 4th period, and the center makes a 3-pointer from the free-throw line. SWISH! Nothing but net!

Old
02-20-2013, 06:20 PM
csanadi19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffL19 View Post
I don't think you'll find anyone on this planet not named Greg Sherman or Pierre Lacroix who would prefer Sacco to Ruff.
You make a good point. I dont get to see alot of avalanche games becuase of the time difference, but i watch enough to realize how bad Sacco is (saw the edmonton game ). I really do believe Sacco is gone at the end of this year (pure speculation), and that any coach will improve the team

Old
02-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
It's sad day seeing ruff get fired. Yeah, his team is struggling but he didn't sign ****ing lieno to a 5 million dollar contract. I hope the avs can get him but it wont happen. **** this!

Old
02-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Foppa2118

Darcy said that when they first hired Ruff, he asked Scotty Bowman what he though about him, and he said he's like Al Arbour but with a sense of humor. Pretty high praise from arguably the best coach ever.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Lindy Ruff would be a step up, but I'm not sure he's who we need. I was on the Carlyle bandwagon before he went to Toronto, I wish we'd have nabbed him. Look what he did for that team, they are hardly anymore talented than us if at all when we're healthy.

I will continue to rep Jon Cooper until he takes over a team and does well with them.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Forsberg as Owner, Joe as Gm, Patrick as coach, Hunwick as sex slave
I think the choice is obvious. Bryan O'Reilly as coach. Tom Cruise as GM. Ravi Shankar as team president. Your local conspiracy theorist schizophrenic bum as Owner, unmedicated of course. Dater as sex slave.

Plan the parade.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
It's sad day seeing ruff get fired. Yeah, his team is struggling but he didn't sign ****ing lieno to a 5 million dollar contract. I hope the avs can get him but it wont happen. **** this!
Exactly. Ever since the whole Drury/Briere debacle (which admittedly was not his fault) Regier has been a horrendous asset manager, practically panics when it comes to losing potential free agents. And yeah, his ridiculous spending spree on one of the worst-ever free agent classes has left the Sabres in a big rut.

Too bad for Lindy--he more or less got fired because his goalie was decidedly average.

If the Sabres continue to flounder, I wouldn't be surprised if Regier was let go as well at season's end, even with his recent contract extension. I read somewhere Burke has already talked to an Eastern Conference team.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I think the choice is obvious. Bryan O'Reilly as coach. Tom Cruise as GM. Ravi Shankar as team president. Your local conspiracy theorist schizophrenic bum as Owner, unmedicated of course. Dater as sex slave.

Plan the parade.
Can we find a job for Ted Haggard in there somewhere?

Closed Thread