HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto-Colorado (yes o'reilly)

Old
02-20-2013, 03:25 PM
blueNwhite89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
I live in the GTA and the Leafs are my 2nd favourite team with the Avs my first. What pisses me off about Leafs fans and their talk radio is how they constantly think they're going to land any big piece that becomes available but they never wanna offer anything. You want a potential first line centre? Bite the bullet and trade a ****ing asset for him. If a team like the Kings can trade the most well-rated already drafted prospect in the NHL at the time...Brayden Schenn for Mike Richards then you can trade Morgan Reilly who's not even in the top 5. Mike Richards was a near cup winner....so? Ryan O'Reilly's trajectory of performance is just as good and he was better last season than Richards. Leafs fans are the cheapest group I've seen. Their mgmt under Burke followed this too. He had the oppurtunity to trade for top 6 centres but they never had the balls to move a piece to do this. Guess what Leafs fans, adding Morgan Reilly who MIGHT become a no2 dman will not help your team out more than adding a player who's already played like a 1a centre. I shudder to think what they'd lowball if Getzlaf or Perry became available for trade.

Had to put up with this crap all summer.....we want a starting goalie but derp we don't wanna trade anyone who's good or might be good for us in the future.
Damn, you furious bro.

blueNwhite89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:35 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
No that's not it at all. Imo, the Leafs don't even have to trade for O'Reilly. And I wouldn't have traded for Luongo either. As for Kessel, what they paid should've been protected but different story.

My point is that if you aren't gonna trade then fine but if you are then don't expect to be able to pull it off with spare pieces. It happened once with Dion Phaneuf because Sutter was a moron GM but it doesn't work when trying to get that centre. You have to either put up or shut up. I hate hearing about how we'll acquire so and so and then the media gets excited and is basically pencilling in Luongo or whichever other star into the line-up only to see it doesn't happen. Don't get me started on the free agency thing with Richards and co and how Burke's principles never let him pay for that talent.
Doug Gilmour.

You mad bro?

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:49 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Sorry to break this to you(And Avs fans for ending the troll) but Avs fans were not accepting that, they were trolling you, we had some laughs on our board at the fact that you guys actually thought we were serious...

At this point us Avs fans take very few of you seriously(same can be said all around the league actually), we mock and troll you guys so we can laugh at the fact that you actually think your trades are good.
I'll agree with your rather long-winded point, but that's probably one of the most pathetic things I've ever heard.

You're taking this fake-trading-on-the-internet business way too seriously.

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:56 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
I'll agree with your rather long-winded point, but that's probably one of the most pathetic things I've ever heard.

You're taking this fake-trading-on-the-internet business way too seriously.
A couple of my fellow Avs fans who haunt the trade forum are probably around 12 years old and are best ignored.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:28 PM
Inverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post

Sorry to break this to you(And Avs fans for ending the troll) but Avs fans were not accepting that, they were trolling you, we had some laughs on our board at the fact that you guys actually thought we were serious...

The fact that ROR is a holdout means nothing, the Avs are in no rush to trade him, were not gonna do anything this year, so we can wait for a long time until we get what we want. And from TOR that will probably be Gardiner+.

Leafs fans have to look at it like this, other fan bases are offering up highly valuable pieces for ROR. The likes of MZD, Kulikov, Ennis+, etc. What makes Leafs fans think that they're so special as to get a star player for the crap being proposed? AND especially when you consider the fact that Sherman, the Avs ACTUAL GM, is asking for even more then those offers, he's asking for MDZ+ or Kulikov+, then it becomes even more obvious that its going to take more then spare parts from the Leafs, just like every other team. The Leafs aren't the center of the universe when it comes to trading. Teams aren't lining up for the chance to trade there players to the Leafs.

Other fan bases get it, they realize you have to give up significant pieces to get significant pieces, Leafs fans continue trying to paint this picture in there own minds that what they're offering is fair when its obvious to every fan base(not even just Avs fans) that the offers are bad.

Now some Leafs fans do get it, and offering packages that include the likes of Gardiner, but then you get the other Leafs fans who are continuing to propose garbage, and then pretending its actually a good deal for the Avs, bashing Oreilly to make it look even better and so on.

At this point us Avs fans take very few of you seriously(same can be said all around the league actually), we mock and troll you guys so we can laugh at the fact that you actually think your trades are good.
I didn't know players were considered as "stars" just after a career high 55 points playing in their 3rd season.

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:30 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iracundia View Post
i counter with:

F - Ryan O'Reilly

D - Jake Gardiner
F - Tyler Biggs
P - 1st Round Draft Choice

There is no ROR deal with Tor without one of Gardiner/Rielly coming back.
lmao.... ROR wont get anything close to a blue chipper. av fans are so difficult to talk to, better off just letting the trade go through and then just laugh at them.

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:32 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
Ohhhhhhh noooo you are mocking Leaf fans.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Don't look at us, you might see our tears!

Don't flex your e-muscles too much, you might sprain your pinky.

Ironically, everybody else is laughing at the Colorado Avalanche. Not the fans, but the team. Sad sad state of affairs.
this pretty much. i dont need to expand on the last sentence, pretty much says everything.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:33 PM
csanadi19

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
I didn't know players were considered as "stars" just after a career high 55 points playing in their 3rd season.
Though may not be a star yet, one can say he's well on his way to becoming an elite two way forward. And Btw don't act like your fan base didn't call Lupul a star last year, everyone considered there good players to be stars because they are the best players on the team.

csanadi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:35 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by csanadi19 View Post
Though may not be a star yet, one can say he's well on his way to becoming an elite two way forward. And Btw don't act like your fan base didn't call Lupul a star last year, everyone considered there good players to be stars because they are the best players on the team.
theres a difference between a PPG player and ROR. if ROR was a star player Avs would sign him to 5mill (which is where his market value is...) just like the leafs did ...... sigh

Lupul- 66 games, 67 points (25 goals)
ROR- 82 games, 55 points (18 goals)

Old
02-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
lmao.... ROR wont get anything close to a blue chipper. av fans are so difficult to talk to, better off just letting the trade go through and then just laugh at them.
Why would O'Reilly not get a blue chip prospect? Why are we difficult to talk to when we're continually reminded that Gardiner is too good to trade for O'Reilly and Bozak is almost as good as both Stastny and O'Reilly?

All I ever see is Leafs fans balking at prices told to them and ridiculing other teams when their offers aren't considered enough. The sensible ones need to post here more often to help assuage that stigma.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:38 PM
cgf

To be fair, at the price he won't resign for this summer, Bozak is clearly better than Staz and ROR, Duchene probably to.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:40 PM
csanadi19

Quote:
Even though i agree that the particular proposal is in the avs favour, to say ROR won't return a blue chipper is completely inaccurate. Now as you said our fan base is hard to to talk to, let go over the reasons for this:

1) when trading with the leafs, we want a defenseman that can play top pairing minutes with EJ, because trading for any forward on the leafs would be uselesss because of our depth. And we do not want Gunnarson as we do not believe he's 1st pairing material.

2) Leafs fan continue to make proposal stating its fair value for them, but when avs fan say no we're the ones gauging value wrong.

3) we plain and simple are sick of the leafs scraps for Colorado deals. If you want to give quality we will gladly discuss fair value for ROR, but it seems like leaf fans consistently think they can get our players for scraps, even tho we reject the offer 99 times outta 100

Old
02-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
this pretty much. i dont need to expand on the last sentence, pretty much says everything.
hm... pot meet kettle

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Pierre Gotye

ROR to Toronto, doesn't make genuine sense for either Colorado, or Toronto. It's not going to happen.

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:52 PM
Atomos2
TheGrimLeafProspects

Quote:
Even though i agree that the particular proposal is in the avs favour, to say ROR won't return a blue chipper is completely inaccurate. Now as you said our fan base is hard to to talk to, let go over the reasons for this:

1) when trading with the leafs, we want a defenseman that can play top pairing minutes with EJ, because trading for any forward on the leafs would be uselesss because of our depth. And we do not want Gunnarson as we do not believe he's 1st pairing material.

2) Leafs fan continue to make proposal stating its fair value for them, but when avs fan say no we're the ones gauging value wrong.

3) we plain and simple are sick of the leafs scraps for Colorado deals. If you want to give quality we will gladly discuss fair value for ROR, but it seems like leaf fans consistently think they can get our players for scraps, even tho we reject the offer 99 times outta 100
It's hard to understand what you define as scraps. I don't know about blue chippers, but if we are even in the considering trading Rielly, it will be a franchise changing type of trade which changes the whole franchise and will be talked about as much as the Kessel trade. You really think O'Reilly has that type of star power to change the leaf franchise.

If you are willing to trade Duchene for Rielly, then that would keep us interested and would change the entire franchise, but ROR is just a complimentary piece we need to play with Kessel, no way is he worth completely dismantling the quality of our prospect pool.

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:54 PM
csanadi19

Quote:
theres a difference between a PPG player and ROR. if ROR was a star player Avs would sign him to 5mill (which is where his market value is...) just like the leafs did ...... sigh

Of course points and goals are the only thing brought up because there the only important stats in hockey. ROR is never suppose to be a PPG players, and we understand that, but we expect him to be a Bergeron type player. Though Lupul hasn't shown much consistency in being a PPG player, O'reilly has been defensively consistent every year he's played. And the fact that he played even better defense and on top double his career total in point last year should explain enough.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Rhaego

vCash: 50
Quote:

You do know that Lupul is a lot older and that his contract bought up his prime UFA years right?

Other than that youre totally right...

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Inverted

Quote:

How about the Av fans proposing Gradiner+ or Reilly+ for ROR? Now tell how is that fair value? I'm a Leafs fan and I'll speak for myself, I don't want any part of ROR or Stastny, some of my fellow Leaf fans are crazy about them but I'm not, Ive rejected offers regarding those players 100 out of 100. We have a good young team going to foward and players finally showing how good they can be under a good coaching system and I would like us to keep these players and build around them through drafting and FA.

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:03 PM
cgf

Did that leafs fan seriously bring up Duchene like the Leafs could put together a package that gets them Matt?

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
How about the Av fans proposing Gradiner+ or Reilly+ for ROR? Now tell how is that fair value? I'm a Leafs fan and I'll speak for myself, I don't want any part of ROR or Stastny, some of my fellow Leaf fans are crazy about them but I'm not, Ive rejected offers regarding those players 100 out of 100. We have a good young team going to foward and players finally showing how good they can be under a good coaching system and I would like us to keep these players and build around them through drafting and FA.
More like Leafs fans are overrating their own players. Rilley+ is no difference from Zibenejad+. Gardiner+ is no different from Kulikov+ or Del Zotto+. Other fan bases have no problem with proposals like that. Because they play for the Leafs Gardiner is somehow a future Norris winner and Rilley is the most sure thing prospect in the world.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:05 PM
johnny_rudeboy

If ROR would be a players signed by the Avs who they did not really wanted to trade away then the price would be Gardiner ++. In other words an overpayment to get Avs attention.

If ROR was a signed player who struggled and at the same time Gardiner was struggling with the Leafs there could be a player for player trade, to change scenery and all that.

But now when ROR is unsigned, have fallen out with the Avs management and the added drama of his father twittering and mailing in letters to the press, well, that have made his value drop. And his value was not that of a first line C to begin with. Talent wise and what he have proved so far is that he is a good 2nd line center with above average defensive skills. They are not cheap but they are not first line C expensive either.

Colorado have 3 options. Sign him, trade him or keep him out of the NHL until he becomes an UFA. And since both the first and the last option is more or less out of the question that leaves them in the situation when they HAVE to trade him and that is why his value drops. Simple as that.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:06 PM
csanadi19

Quote:
Ill be the first to agree that some avs fans develop some ridiculous trade proposals, but I don't think you get the problem. Yes some of the leaf proposal are fair, if not in favour of the avs, but i can tell you that doesn't happen often. Were just fed up with our centres going to Toronto, for Macarther, Bozak, Kulemin and a depth defenseman, how does that help our team in any way? Since Toronto fans are clearly opposed to dealing Gardiner and Rielly, I don't see how a deal could be done.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Did that leafs fan seriously bring up Duchene like the Leafs could put together a package that gets them Matt?
But but but, we're the ones with the audacity to ask for their prized assets. As if Gardiner would get O'Reilly. Rielly as of today is fair value for Ryan, two years from now it may not be, so to not want to trade him is understandable... but to tell us we're insane for bringing him up given our team needs and his relative value is hypocritical.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post

Colorado have 3 options. Sign him, trade him or keep him out of the NHL until he becomes an UFA. And since both the first and the last option is more or less out of the question that leaves them in the situation when they HAVE to trade him and that is why his value drops. Simple as that.
Why does option 3 have to be more or less out of the equation? Its not like the Avs are forced to trade him, they can make him wait the full 2 or 6 years(whatever it is) until he becomes a UFA if they really wanted to.

Now, that obviously wouldn't be a smart choice, but its not impossible. And because of that the Avs can wait until they get the right deal for ROR, which is what they've done so far. And if they don't get that deal, they can always sign him. ROR wants to play with the Avs, its just the Avs don't feel he's worth 5M right now. But if they absolutely have to, Im pretty sure they would pay him that money, if every trade option was out of the question.

Pierce Hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Iracundia

Quote:

Lupul-FO% 36.2, GvA 41 TkA 26 -15
ROR-FO% 52.8, GvA 34 TkA 101 +67*

Datsyuk-FO% 56.2, GvA 40 TkA 97 +57

Many stats help define players. *1st NHL

Iracundia is offline   Reply With Quote