HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm - Phx

Old
02-20-2013, 01:05 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
Edm - Phx

To Phoenix:

Jordan Eberle
Corey Potter
Sam Gagner

To Edmonton:

Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Martin Hanzal
Raffi Torres

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:12 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1429
As an oiler fan, I see Eberle being the spark plug who after he finds his shot, could rack up 50 goals in a season. On D, Schultz in the line up this year and Klefbom projected to me a top pairing D-man shortly, you could see the oilers within a few years have a problem with too much money on the back end

From the phoemix point of view you are asking for two key cogs to their system in Haz and OEL and the dogs would want a D-man back in rerturn

Potter is a scrub and an nhl d-man

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Spitsfan67*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle View Post
To Phoenix:

Jordan Eberle
Corey Potter
Sam Gagner

To Edmonton:

Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Martin Hanzal
Raffi Torres

Your either putting way to much value on OEL, or you dont value Eberle enough...sorry but Edmonton gets robbed on this one... How about Ebele,Potter,Gagner for OEL,Gormely, and a first.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

definitely dont see edmonton being robbed on this one...

but the trade seems way way way too risky/complicated

how many trades actually involve 2 key pieces from both sides?

focus on 1 key piece from 1 side... then try to balance it out.

personally... id take the stud dman over the undersized winger 9 times out of 10 for value. If Eberle had a couple 35 plus goal seasons under his belt maybe Id change my opinion, but right now he is just a guy that has had a great shooting percentage for a couple years.

Ekman-Larsson screams 25 min plus per night 2-way stud dman all over himself... cant imagine why Pheonix would want to deal him. But if they do, Edmonton should definitely make an offer and Id be willing to deal Eberle plus to get that deal done

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:29 PM
wahoyaho

vCash: 1058
Edm needs to add

wahoyaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:35 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
I think it's pretty fair.

IMO:
OEL is comparable or slightly more valuable than Eberle
Gagner is comparable or slightly more valuable than Hanzal
Torres is worth more than Potter, but they both have barely any value at all

(Hanzal is overrated on here due to height and defensive play. He's actually light as **** for his height and his offense is a lot worse than Gagner's)

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post

Your either putting way to much value on OEL, or you dont value Eberle enough...sorry but Edmonton gets robbed on this one... How about Ebele,Potter,Gagner for OEL,Gormely, and a first.
as an oiler fan I see the logic

Number 1 d-man for a number 1 fw (eberle sometimes gets lost behind Hall, nuge and Yak in the roll call)

However, by adding OEL the oilers will add a problem when Klefbom comes over next year-- He could be as good as OEL (IMO and I have seen Klefbom play a lot) in a few years. While you can never have too much D--you can have too much money on the back line. OEL is coming off his entry contract this off season and he will be looking for 5-6mill a year, Schultz in Edmonton in two years could be looking for the same money and in three to four years Klefbom (if I am right could also be adding up the money)

I love Eberle, but I know at some point in time one of our kids could get moved to add something we miss--oilers need toughness and does the Phoenix team have the 22 year old gritty forward in their line up that could be views as being a young Scott Hartnell or Zak Kassian?

By taking on OEL--I think the oilers need to send Klafbom back the other way--but adding him to Eberle and having Gagner in the mix is damgerous.

not many teams have what it take for a Klefbom. Eberle and Gagner deal

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
korpedo

Sorry, D before offense in phoenix. OEL will be our franchise player soon and personally I'm not interested in giving him up. Plus this trade doesn't fit into tippets system very well.

No from this PHX fan

korpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:54 PM
cobra427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle View Post
To Phoenix:

Jordan Eberle
Corey Potter
Sam Gagner

To Edmonton:

Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Martin Hanzal
Raffi Torres
OEl, Hanzal and Smith are the least likely to be moved, close to untouchable in Phoenix.

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Vip
fun must be always

vCash: 50
So we are giving up our #1 D. And our #1 shut down center-man that currently leads us in goals.

Dunno. I feel like we are getting screwed over in this trade. Doesn't make us a better team. It makes EDM a better team, though.

Vip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:20 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
I think it's pretty fair.

IMO:
OEL is comparable or slightly more valuable than Eberle
Gagner is comparable or slightly more valuable than Hanzal
Torres is worth more than Potter, but they both have barely any value at all

(Hanzal is overrated on here due to height and defensive play. He's actually light as **** for his height and his offense is a lot worse than Gagner's)
Gagner is nowhere near as valuable to the Coyotes as Hanzal is. Phoenix does not consider this at all. Edmonton should just develop their own defensemen. Coyotes are not handing over OEL even if Eberle is coming back.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Gagner is nowhere near as valuable to the Coyotes as Hanzal is. Phoenix does not consider this at all. Edmonton should just develop their own defensemen. Coyotes are not handing over OEL even if Eberle is coming back.
Aahhh yes, because, Handing over=Getting Eberle in return, right?

Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:43 PM
XX
... Waiting

Embarrassing proposal. A big no thank you from the Coyotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post

(He's actually light as **** for his height
wat?

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:17 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
How many 'OEL to Edmotnon' proposals do their have to be before their fans finally get that OEL is moving nowhere, especially for wingers or Gagner, let alone adding Hanzal to the mix.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:31 PM
belair

I value OEL and Hanzal highly. Would love both of them in Oiler silks.

But the Oilers get taken to the woodshed in this one.

I wouldn't mind Torres for a second round though. Can't be any worse than Eager.

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:40 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Honestly, the value isn't too far off. There's no way I'd accept as a PHX fan, but this isn't worthy of flaming. It's not a poor proposal. The Coyotes need more goals for, and the Oilers need fewer goals against. It makes a reasonable amount of sense and the value is reasonably close. People should be less sensitive around here.

I expect each fanbase will prefer their own players. I certainly do. That said, it's really not poorly thought out and it's not poor value.

Thanks but no thank, OP. But I will say "Good Job!"

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:49 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
I don't see a reason for either team to do this.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:00 PM
DesertDawg

Rather keep our light weight overgrown center and over rated d'man than trading for your elite forwards...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:47 PM
Neatman

I cant blame Phoenix fans for turning this down, but I CAN blame them for acting insulted/acting like it isnt closer.

They're acting like Gagner is just a throw in. Looks like he has finally found his game, and would be their leading scorer by a fair margin. That's a throw in?

Goodluck defending your opponents to their defeat. Weird how Edmonton always gets flack for having subpar defence, but other teams are praised for building up excellent defence while having no offence...

Edit: After reading rt's post, maybe I should note that this was directed towards the replies before his.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:00 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
They're acting like Gagner is just a throw in. Looks like he has finally found his game, and would be their leading scorer by a fair margin. That's a throw in?
..and you believe that the #'s he has would translate to the Coyotes to make such a bold statement as that? Really impress by his 40% face offs wins! BTW Hanzal has 7 goals, which he is tied with Hemsky.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
This trade makes the Yotes worse.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Wow, Phoenix gets absolutely fleeced.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:19 PM
cobra427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
I cant blame Phoenix fans for turning this down, but I CAN blame them for acting insulted/acting like it isnt closer.

Goodluck defending your opponents to their defeat. Weird how Edmonton always gets flack for having subpar defence, but other teams are praised for building up excellent defense while having no offence...

Edit: After reading rt's post, maybe I should note that this was directed towards the replies before his.
DM is not trading our best defensive forward and most valuable forward along with our best defensive D man and most valuable player, he thinks will win the Norris trophy, for all offense and less defense, Edmonton players. Why would the coyotes, that made the WCF, trade their two best players for that? DM is usually the fleecer not the fleecy.

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Honestly, the value isn't too far off. There's no way I'd accept as a PHX fan, but this isn't worthy of flaming. It's not a poor proposal. The Coyotes need more goals for, and the Oilers need fewer goals against. It makes a reasonable amount of sense and the value is reasonably close. People should be less sensitive around here.

I expect each fanbase will prefer their own players. I certainly do. That said, it's really not poorly thought out and it's not poor value.

Thanks but no thank, OP. But I will say "Good Job!"
Well put.

I'm an Oilers fan and I'd do the deal but it's because it fits the needs of the team perfectly and not because it's overwhelmingly in our favour in terms of value. Honestly Torres and Potter shouldn't be involved and it becomes OEL, Hanzal vs. Eberle, Gagner.

The most proven player in this trade is Eberle. The player with the most upside in this deal is OEL. As for Gagner vs. Hanzal - it's HF so the center with size and defensive accumen is going to meet the undersized scoring center named Sam Gagner every day. In the real world I'd say Hanzal has slightly more trade value but it's a lot closer than most on here will make it out to be. In terms of value I think I'd take OEL and Hanzal but the difference is probably the EDM 2nd or a good not great prospect.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:51 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post

I am an Oiler fan . How does Edmonton get hosed ?
OEL >>Eberle
Hanzel> Gagner . However if he keeps playing like he is this year this could change
A broke water bottle has >>>>>>>> then Potter

supert is offline   Reply With Quote