HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part VI)

View Poll Results: Why can't we reset polls?
Cause HF is too awesome to change anything. 1 1.52%
That would make too much sense. 12 18.18%
Part of the new CBA. 12 18.18%
Might crash the database. 4 6.06%
Marty's fault. 31 46.97%
Yes, you can stack the votes, but you can't UNVOTE everyone and let people vote again. 6 9.09%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
terreri, albelin, brylin, dowd, daneyko and holik would all play im sure. Maybe rafalski too. Not sure who else. Hard to know who still skates and what not.
Well I'll just do it for fun:

Verbeek/Muller (?) -Holik-Shanahan
Pandolfo-Madden-Brylin
Crash Line (?)
Lemieux (?) -Dowd- Guerin/Rolston

Daneyko-Stevens
Niedermayer-Driver
Albelin-Fetisov (?) Rafalski (?)

Terreri
Burke (?)

Omitted MacLean because he's coaching with Carolina. I figured if the Devils do it, they'd probably allow Stevens to play. I think we all know who the coach will be He would've coached all of these players I think too.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I wonder if Chico would be down? If Terreri plays the whole game he can just sit stay on the bench and dress as backup.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:12 PM
TaiMaiShu
back to square one

vCash: 50
Sykora would surely play

Old
02-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Semak
Here we go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
hey hey not so fast. Rookie post buys the round of drinks.

Gimme a small batch bourbon and welcome aboard.
Did you make him sing the NJD HF Boards fight song yet?

Claude has to play and Chico has to be in net mic'ed up for any WCAG.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:19 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Sykora will drive alumni team bus on the way to Yankee Stadium! Cause you know that's where it'll be!

Old
02-20-2013, 09:14 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Well I'll just do it for fun:

Verbeek/Muller (?) -Holik-Shanahan
Pandolfo-Madden-Brylin
Crash Line (?)
Lemieux (?) -Dowd- Guerin/Rolston

Daneyko-Stevens
Niedermayer-Driver
Albelin-Fetisov (?) Rafalski (?)

Terreri
Burke (?)

Omitted MacLean because he's coaching with Carolina. I figured if the Devils do it, they'd probably allow Stevens to play. I think we all know who the coach will be He would've coached all of these players I think too.
Niedermayer and Stevens are coaches and I doubt they'd play. Pandolfo is still active, I think Madden and Rolston are still holding out hope for jobs somewhere. I'm not sure if Shanahan is in a position to play either. It's too hard to speculate.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:17 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I wonder if Chico would be down? If Terreri plays the whole game he can just sit stay on the bench and dress as backup.
Chico would have to be the back up. And for ***** and giggles let Marty play both the alumni and the real game.

If they ever let us play a Winter Classic it would definitely be against the Rags, and it would be at Yankee Stadium.

And THAT is our problem this year. We are missing our bus driver!!! Sign Sykora just to drive the bus!!!

Old
02-20-2013, 09:19 PM
apice3*

I don't think we get a Winter Cassic until Lou retires. I don't see him letting cameras role on the team 24/7.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:25 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
I don't think we get a Winter Cassic until Lou retires. I don't see him letting cameras role on the team 24/7.
While I don't think we'll be in the running for a Winter Classic anytime soon (outside shot of us vs. NYR if we meet again in the playoffs for another good series between now and then).. Lou won't be able to say no.

VBK would have authority there and there's no way in hell any franchise passes up the opportunity to play in a WC. Too much exposure and $$$.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:26 PM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

vCash: 1050
Didn't Vanderbeek say they were trying for a winter classic? I doubt he would forgo it due to 24/7.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:26 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I think Madden officially announced his retirement though over the Summer. He's now a scout for the Habs.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:28 PM
apice3*

The league picked NYR/PHI over us last time, I don't see why it would change a second time around.

In past years we've had PIT/BUF, BOS/PHI, and this year would have been DET/TOR. I don't think the NHL cares about a rivalry. People are going to watch regardlsess.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:40 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
The league picked NYR/PHI over us last time, I don't see why it would change a second time around.

In past years we've had PIT/BUF, BOS/PHI, and this year would have been DET/TOR. I don't think the NHL cares about a rivalry. People are going to watch regardlsess.
Exactly.

They also wouldn't want two markets crammed into one.

The more diverse they get, the better.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:43 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Devils officially back in 1st place in the Atlantic Division due to GP tiebreaker!

Let's keep it this time..

Old
02-20-2013, 10:07 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Exactly.

They also wouldn't want two markets crammed into one.

The more diverse they get, the better.
Then have it at Metlife and put us up against Pitt or something. Actually would be pretty awesome at Metlife.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:47 PM
foxboro24

Quote:
I was so excited to say the same thing I need to be quicker on the draw also any love for Alex Mogilny?

Old
02-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxboro24 View Post
I was so excited to say the same thing I need to be quicker on the draw also any love for Alex Mogilny?
Mogilny didn't exactly end his career on the best terms with the Devils. I don't think he'd be involved.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:50 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Grant Marshall has to be in any Devils alum lineup, he basically lives at the Rock with all the appearances he makes here

But no I don't think we'll be getting any Winter Classics any time soon. Certainly not at home, where exactly would it be played - MetLife? That's pretty hard considering both the Jets and the Giants play there and the NFL season would just be winding down with maybe one or both teams going to the playoffs.

They'll recycle every matchup in the other team's venue (Philly playing NY at Central Park or wherever, Pens at Caps in RFK, etc) before they start branching out to 'non-marquee' markets.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:58 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
But no I don't think we'll be getting any Winter Classics any time soon. Certainly not at home, where exactly would it be played - MetLife? That's pretty hard considering both the Jets and the Giants play there and the NFL season would just be winding down with maybe one or both teams going to the playoffs.

They'll recycle every matchup in the other team's venue (Philly playing NY at Central Park or wherever, Pens at Caps in RFK, etc) before they start branching out to 'non-marquee' markets.
The NHL would always love Yankee Stadium but can't because of the contract with the Pinstripe Bowl there. There's always Citi Field, but if the NHL would go for that, I can't see it being for a matchup with the Devils (even if the Rangers were the host team). The Devils real best bet at making one would probably be as the road team because I can't see MetLife working out. But then what rivalry would they really have unless it was against the Rangers?

If for whatever reason the Devils and Rangers had another huge playoff series this season or next though, I could see them considering that for a Winter Classic if the league is really crazy about the venue they can land.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:29 PM
foxboro24

okay here is my attempt at making a team (if these guys could still put on skates or get away from their responsibilities for the game)

Petr Sykora - Jason Arnott - John MacClean
Randy McKay - Brendon Shanahan - Brian Rolston
Valerie Zelepukin - Bobby Holik - Claude Lemieux
Sergei Brylin - John Madden - Grant Marshall

Scott Stevens - Ken Daneyko
Scott Niedermayer - Colin White
Bruce Driver

Chico and Terreri in net

Old
02-20-2013, 11:31 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
The NHL would always love Yankee Stadium but can't because of the contract with the Pinstripe Bowl there. There's always Citi Field, but if the NHL would go for that, I can't see it being for a matchup with the Devils (even if the Rangers were the host team). The Devils real best bet at making one would probably be as the road team because I can't see MetLife working out. But then what rivalry would they really have unless it was against the Rangers?

If for whatever reason the Devils and Rangers had another huge playoff series this season or next though, I could see them considering that for a Winter Classic if the league is really crazy about the venue they can land.
yea, that's what I said earlier.

It only happens if the Devils meet the Rangers for another good series in the 2nd round/ECF.

Why wouldn't it work out at Metlife though? Would be tough with the Giants/Jets so they'd have to play Week 17 on the road but can't be that hard. How long do they usually need for the rink?

Old
02-20-2013, 11:32 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Grant Marshall has to be in any Devils alum lineup, he basically lives at the Rock with all the appearances he makes here

Jets making the playoffs

Old
02-20-2013, 11:47 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Jets making the playoffs
Both the Jets and the Giants have made the playoffs the same number of times (seven) since 1998...just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Why wouldn't it work out at Metlife though? Would be tough with the Giants/Jets so they'd have to play Week 17 on the road but can't be that hard. How long do they usually need for the rink?
Wild Card weekend is usually around New Year's...what happens if either team is at home then (never mind both)?

Old
02-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Maclean wouldn't do it cause he coaches another team. Though maybe this means nothing? Shanahan could maybe. Rolston seems like he wouldn't. Claude Lemieux maybe maybe not?

Colin White probably would.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:53 PM
foxboro24

Quote:
Maclean wouldn't do it cause he coaches another team. Though maybe this means nothing? Shanahan could maybe. Rolston seems like he wouldn't. Claude Lemieux maybe maybe not?

Colin White probably would.
I feel like the alumni games is an exception to such rules and when would he ever get another chance to do it the Devils aren't playing in this thing every year like Pittsburgh was

Closed Thread