HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Ryan O'Reilly : Money-Money-Money-Money...Mo-ney!! Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 05:58 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peckerskull View Post
Basically said that O'Reilly's camp sent the Avs a 10 page letter, with spread sheets and stuff, stating why Ryan is worth the money he's asking for. Said the Avs used a 3 year comparison with Duchene, because they were in the same draft class, and don't feel Ryan is worth anymore than what Dutchy makes. And, as we know now from TPS, things really deteriorated from there, and Dater said there is maybe a 1% chance Ryan ever plays for Colorado again. They (the Avs and O'Reilly) are not talking at all, and everyone is now just waiting for a trade.
If Dutch took less than market in their eyes, then that would make the "90 but take 65" part of the manifesto make more sense.
Did Brian or the Agency write the letter and the spreadsheets? That's what I want to know.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
If Dutch took less than market in their eyes, then that would make the "90 but take 65" part of the manifesto make more sense.
Did Brian or the Agency write the letter and the spreadsheets? That's what I want to know.
IDK, Dater didn't elaborate on who wrote it. I would assume they all had a hand in it.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Kloparren
Hth

Quote:
I doubt that the Avs would fail to negotiate O'Reilly up to maybe $4 M on a 2 or 3 year deal. But it doesn't seem that his party was or is interested in that, they just wanted $5 M+ or bust and they've now thrown their tantrums and closed the door to more negotiating.

Honestly, I don't think we'll get much more for him now than we would in the summer. I'm okay with making the brat sit out this season and missing the entire paycheque then shipping him out in the summer, it only helps with the tank. It hurts me to use a word like that for one of my players and usually I would stick up for a young kid in a contract negotiation but this is absurd. He'll of course just stay silent about it while his dad or whomever spews BS.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:17 PM
El_Loco_Avs

This whole thing his dad wrote just makes him look so much worse.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:19 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Poor kid. I actually feel sorry for him. Bad advice is screwing him over.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:21 PM
Foppa2118

This whole idea they tried to push of, "hey forget my first two seasons, just look at my last season" and then "hey forget Duchene's first two seasons, just look at his last season." is absolutely and utterly retarded.

I still can't believe they held out expecting that to work.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
There is no indication that his agent isn't doing what Ryan is telling him. The player is employing the agent. Not the other way around. I'm not sure we should assume he is being controlled by his dad/agent in this situation.

He is a 22 year old man. I'm not going to view him as a victim in this. He has chosen this path for himself.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:24 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Bubba...you're changing your Avatar too much, it's messing with my WHOLE WORLD man!

Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
Old
02-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Ceremony
Stanley Cup Attitude

vCash: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
There is no indication that his agent isn't doing what Ryan is telling him. The player is employing the agent. Not the other way around. I'm not sure we should assume he is being controlled by his dad/agent in this situation.

He is a 22 year old man. I'm not going to view him as a victim in this. He has chosen this path for himself.
He still has people around him telling him, presumably, that he's better and worth more than he is. It's a shame, but like many I just want this to be done.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
02-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Not really screwing him over this way he gets to go to a better team and gets the $$$ he wants. Funny read what dater said I thought it wasn't about the money but now it is? Pick a stance Ryan for **** sakes!!!!

Old
02-20-2013, 06:27 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Bubba...you're changing your Avatar too much, it's messing with my WHOLE WORLD man!
I tried to resize the Bubba Duchene avatar. But it was a png, and when I resized it, i screwed it all up -- it had a black, choppy background. So I picked a different pic -- one that I had been saving for a little while. But then Lonewolfe came to the rescue, and fixed my Bubba Duchene avatar for me! Yay Lonewolfe!!!

Old
02-20-2013, 06:28 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
He still has people around him telling him, presumably, that he's better and worth more than he is. It's a shame, but like many I just want this to be done.
I'm not ruling out that he is getting bad advice. At a distance it seems he is getting terrible advice and the whole situation has blown up in his face.

But he's an adult now. He's supposed to be a pro. He has to own it.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:33 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I'm not ruling out that he is getting bad advice. At a distance it seems he is getting terrible advice and the whole situation has blown up in his face.

But he's an adult now. He's supposed to be a pro. He has to own it.
Yeah, I just don't see him maturing at the same rate as the average person would. He's been coddled his whole life, told what to do, and told he's so good at what he does. No offense to ROR but, other than hockey, I doubt he's had to work a day of his life. At the ripe old age of 22, he hasn't learned what most have learned at that age -- he hasn't been exposed to nearly as much. So he's doing what he's always done -- following what his handlers tell him is best.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Wait him out.

His rubles gotta dwindle at some point.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:38 PM
avalanchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Not really screwing him over this way he gets to go to a better team and gets the $$$ he wants. Funny read what dater said I thought it wasn't about the money but now it is? Pick a stance Ryan for **** sakes!!!!
The only way he gets what he wants is if there is another lockout & he goes back to the KHL to play with Malkin again. I seriously doubt that any NHL team pays what he's asking & especially if he sits out this shortened season.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
This whole idea they tried to push of, "hey forget my first two seasons, just look at my last season" and then "hey forget Duchene's first two seasons, just look at his last season." is absolutely and utterly retarded.

I still can't believe they held out expecting that to work.
This is very well said. Its so hypocritical. "Lets only look at my best year and only look at Duchenes worst year for value"

What a bunch of crap.

The worst part is that all the use of Duchene as a comparison has more than likely REALLY hurt their friendship...and who is to say another team will pay more than we will...he may have done all this for NO REASON.

Seriously ROR...Idk if its you or the people around you, but its time to take a look at what is really about to happen. You will get traded and probably not make any more money than you were already offered and you will have burnt some bridges in the process.

Avs could have probably negotiated better as well, Im not saying that they are innocent in this by any means, but they seem to be the side closer to reality.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Ceremony
Stanley Cup Attitude

vCash: 499
Quote:
I tried to resize the Bubba Duchene avatar. But it was a png, and when I resized it, i screwed it all up -- it had a black, choppy background. So I picked a different pic -- one that I had been saving for a little while. But then Lonewolfe came to the rescue, and fixed my Bubba Duchene avatar for me! Yay Lonewolfe!!!
The big avatars are nice, aren't they? I find they fit like a glove.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:50 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peckerskull View Post
Basically said that O'Reilly's camp sent the Avs a 10 page letter, with spread sheets and stuff, stating why Ryan is worth the money he's asking for. Said the Avs used a 3 year comparison with Duchene, because they were in the same draft class, and don't feel Ryan is worth anymore than what Dutchy makes. And, as we know now from TPS, things really deteriorated from there, and Dater said there is maybe a 1% chance Ryan ever plays for Colorado again. They (the Avs and O'Reilly) are not talking at all, and everyone is now just waiting for a trade.
Yeah, the 10 page letter thing is a bit of an exaggeration on AD's part, but that document is the one where they made the case for him being one of the top defensive forwards in the last 25 years and a bunch of other stuff.

Quote:
His agency, with the full support of Camp O'Reilly. His father has not been involved in any of the negotiations.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:00 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Well, at the very least, these latest developments make me feel much better about a trade.

It's a shame, I sure wish O'Reilly wasn't getting such bad advice. It's one thing to hold out for money and for the Avs to be *******s about the entire negotiation process, but to say you're holding out for more $$$ because of "character" and then to throw a bunch of stats around is not at all helpful.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Still really wish ROR would just sign back, gonna be a real sad day when he's traded, regardless of the return.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Still really wish ROR would just sign back, gonna be a real sad day when he's traded, regardless of the return.
Indeed.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
At this point its going to be happy day, because one of our assests is totally useless. Im looking forward what we are going to get for ROR.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:18 PM
cgf

I hope he goes to Florida. East coast team who we wouldn't face often no matter how realignment goes down, a team with some ex-avs already, and a team with that elusive young LHD who can develop alongside EJ the way Keith and Seabrook or Suter and Weber did.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

You have to wonder if Avs have said to O'Reilly that if he wants to be traded he has to accept a certain salary. If he's going to ask for $5M/year or something crazy like that, it's going to be very hard to move him. Might not be worth it to Avs.

Edit: Link to Dater on NHL Live

Old
02-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
I hope he goes to Florida. East coast team who we wouldn't face often no matter how realignment goes down, a team with some ex-avs already, and a team with that elusive young LHD who can develop alongside EJ the way Keith and Seabrook or Suter and Weber did.
I don't want too many ex-Avs there... How bad would it suck if they won the Cup?

Closed Thread